What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harvard study - get paid to watch football in your own home! Legit (2 Viewers)

SPB

Footballguy
Hey NFL fans!

Harvard Researchers (including me!) want you to participate in a fun and easy study... for cash!

All you have to do is watch your favorite NFL team in action as you normally would on a Sunday, and complete a short survey immediately after the game.

(Also, in case you're worried, yes, this is legit - feel free to PM me and I can share my Harvard email address and adviser information. This study is part of my doctoral research project on decision making! Also, it has been verified as authentic by Kevin over at Fantasy Football Guys, here: http://www.thefantas...ic.php?id=66669)

What do I have to do and what am I paid?

If you qualify for the study, you will complete short surveys after three or more of your favorite team's games during the remainder of the NFL season/playoffs. Each survey will take about 5-10 minutes to complete.

Participants will be paid $5 guaranteed per survey, through PayPal, plus additional earnings per game. The average participant will make about $50 for participating in this study. In addition, those who fill out all surveys in the study will have a chance to win an extra $100 in cash!

Requirements

- Participants must be 18 years or older and read and speak English fluently.

- Participants must have a valid cell phone number and PayPal account.

- Participants must have a cell phone than can receive text messages. You will receive between three and eight text messages during the study. Please be aware that depending on your cell phone plan, your cell phone service provider may charge you for receiving these text messages. Any costs are your responsibility.

How do I sign-up?

To sign up for the study, please visit the website below and complete the fill out the questions there. You will be contacted by email if you are selected to participate in the study. Thanks!

https://harvard.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=S … zv2r4Oseq1

Need more information? Email: ppolharvard@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The median FBG income is like $1 million per year, so you might want to bump up that $5 a bit.

Where's the Privacy Policy link so that I know you're not selling it?

- Participants must have a cell phone than can receive text messages. You will receive between three and eight text messages during the study. Please be aware that depending on your cell phone plan, your cell phone service provider may charge you for receiving these text messages. Any costs are your responsibility.
P.S. - Survey hosted on quantrics.com, and not a Harvard server. Emails on a nonharvard.edu email address. :fishing:

I will only do this if you promise to throw in complimentary pork rinds. Eating them helps me concentrate better on the football games. So you are going to want me to have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't share any personal financial information with me at all in this study. You are paid through PayPal. If you're concerned, PM me and I can share all the details. This is a legit study run through Harvard University's Qualtrics account, and I will gladly have my faculty sponsor verify it for you by email if you are concerned. The study has been approved by the Harvard Committee on Human Subject research and if you PM me I can share their information with you so you can contact them if you'd like to verify the study!

Where do I send my SS#??

As I mention in the writeup, please feel free to PM me if you are concerned and I will share my Harvard email - just didn't want it to get blasted with spam myself! I can also have my faculty sponsor confirm it. The Qualtrics account is Harvard's account, which you CANNOT gain access to without a Harvard affiliation. I am a doctoral student at the school. You can confirm this with Qualtrics if you'd like, or see here: http://icommons.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=icommons&tabgroupid=icb.tabgroup45105

On privacy, if you're selected for the study you will need to sign a consent form which has information about Harvard's privacy policy (also outlined here: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~research/hum_sub/documents/Policies_and_Procedures.pdf). As I mentioned, this study has been approved by Harvard's committee on human subjects, and I will gladly share contact information for them so they can confirm that the study is legitimate, has been approved by the committee, and that your data will remain private in accordance with the PDF link I provided here.

I get the skepticism, believe me. I'd be skeptical too - but if you're skeptical, please PM me so I can share the appropriate information with you.

Where's the Privacy Policy link so that I know you're not selling it?

P.S. - Survey hosted on quantrics.com, and not a Harvard server. Emails on a nonharvard.edu email address.

:fishing:

Bahaha, truth. I'm a Jamaal Charles owner in one league... the fact that he's still getting it done (sort of) despite that supporting cast is a miracle.

In the meantime, folks, please PM me if you're concerned about the study legitimacy - I can email you from my Harvard account personally if you'd like. Just didn't want to post that email address so publicly. Also, I can have my faculty sponsor (a Harvard prof) verify the study personally as well.

SB

All you have to do is watch your favorite NFL team in action

Chiefs fan. I'm out.

Don't worry dude - the study is 100% legit. Will PM you my adviser's information so you can contact him if you're concerned! Also, happy to take you out of the study if you don't want to be in it. But as I mentioned, it's 100% legit.

Damn it. I signed up. I'm an idiot.

Can you modify the qualifications. I don't watch any whol game, I flip to games where my guys are on the field. Thanks.

Nope, I live in Cambridge, MA :-) If you PM me, I'll send you an email from my Harvard email account, and I'll cc my academic adviser, Professor Richard Zeckhauser.

I don't know what else to say! This is 100% legit!

The only information you will EVER share with me in this study is your PayPal account email so that you can get paid. We never ask for your bank info or SSN or anything like that.

Oh and for what its worth, Kevin Moore, the host of the Fantasy Football Guys podcast verified this study with Qualtrics and with me, and has publicly verified the study here: http://www.thefantasyfootballguys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=66669

SPB is located somewhere in Nigeria.

That's OK - you can fill out the survey to see if you qualify... you do not share anything with us in that first survey except your email.

Can you modify the qualifications. I don't watch any whol game, I flip to games where my guys are on the field. Thanks.

The study has been approved by the Harvard Committee on Human Subject research and if you PM me I can share their information with you so you can contact them if you'd like to verify the study!
Nope, I live in Cambridge, MA :-) If you PM me, I'll send you an email from my Harvard email account, and I'll cc my academic adviser, Professor Richard Zeckhauser.
I'll bite...Why is an economist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Zeckhauser) your academic advisor on a topic concerning Human Subject research??

I think this is actually legit.
..and yet he keeps linking to TheFantasyFootballGuys.com for no apparent reason. Even if it is legit, it is really bad form to come on a forum and repeatedly link to the competition. Competition with a strangely similar name.

Economists do a lot of work with human subjects... Experimental economics is a whole field of study - one that I am a part of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_economics

Of course, you can email Professor Zeckhauser and ask him yourself if he is sponsoring a study on NFL fans. His email is right there on his Harvard website: http://www.hks.harvard.edu/fs/rzeckhau/

I PM'ed you my private Harvard email address, so if you email him to confirm please cc me so I know about it.

The study has been approved by the Harvard Committee on Human Subject research and if you PM me I can share their information with you so you can contact them if you'd like to verify the study!
I'll bite...Why is an economist (http://en.wikipedia....hard_Zeckhauser) your academic advisor on a topic concerning Human Subject research??

Yeah sorry for the linking - just wanted you guys to see that I had it verified by another moderator.I didn't know these sites were really competitors, so apologies for that. I figure that I, like most people, use any resource I can get when it comes to fantasy football!I figured the Fantasy Football Guys are a credible source for many folks - they have a popular iTunes podcast also, so I figured some folks would know and trust Kevin.Again, I apologize about citing the other site - I am not sure how else to have folks on here verify the legitimacy of the study. In the meantime, I have PM'ed my private Harvard email to you - feel free to verify, or to email my adviser if you're concerned. Heck, you can even call the Harvard Committee on Human Subjects Research and they can confirm it. Just give them my name/email, which I just sent over to you.I don't know what else I can do to prove it's legit. I get the skepticism, for sure. Happy to do anything I can - its basically free money for NFL fans, so I figured people would be interested!

I think this is actually legit.
..and yet he keeps linking to TheFantasyFootballGuys.com for no apparent reason. Even if it is legit, it is really bad form to come on a forum and repeatedly link to the competition. Competition with a strangely similar name.

Haha, thank you sir.Also, letter_j and Wadsworth - I've PM'ed you both my private Harvard email address - shoot me an email and I'll confirm. Feel free to cc my academic adviser, whose email address you can find on his official Harvard websites here:http://www.hks.harvard.edu/fs/rzeckhau/ORhttp://www.hks.harvard.edu/about/faculty-staff-directory/richard-zeckhauserI'm legitimately just trying to pay people to be part of a fun and easy study! Haha

Welcome to FBG, SPB.

What is your hypothesis? Wont the fact that you are recruiting subjects from a fantasy football website skew your results?

I can't share that information, since if I told you what the study was it wouldn't really work :-) But suffice to say that the sample bias is not a major issue.

What is your hypothesis? Wont the fact that you are recruiting subjects from a fantasy football website skew your results?

I've got an idea...

You're taking classes at Harvard? Rip off a few courses you've recently taken and I'll give you some questions that you should be able to answer at a Harvard level. Pass the test, then we'll talk.

Well I teach economics, so fire away... ;-)Also, I'll PM you my Harvard email and you can go ahead and google/facebook stalk me :P

I've got an idea...You're taking classes at Harvard? Rip off a few courses you've recently taken and I'll give you some questions that you should be able to answer at a Harvard level. Pass the test, then we'll talk.

Well I teach economics, so fire away... ;-)Also, I'll PM you my Harvard email and you can go ahead and google/facebook stalk me :P

I've got an idea...You're taking classes at Harvard? Rip off a few courses you've recently taken and I'll give you some questions that you should be able to answer at a Harvard level. Pass the test, then we'll talk.
An economics teacher? I have one simple question then: what do you think the median income of a person needs to be below for them to chase $5?

I can't share that information, since if I told you what the study was it wouldn't really work :-) But suffice to say that the sample bias is not a major issue.

Just know this pool you are recruiting from isn't filled with your typical NFL fans.

bahaha lowell is just off mt auburn, across from boloco i believe :Palso, really? are we doing this? hahaha you guys are evil - didn't I already PM you my Harvard email...?

lowell located on the corner of what 2 streets?question #1

Sorry I haven't PMed yet. I've spent the last few hours dreaming of all the ways I'd spend my new found riches. I've been asking all my friends, "What would you do if all of a sudden you had five dollars?" It is a question that has led to some very deep discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread