What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (3 Viewers)

Sent: Arian FosterReceived: RGIIIHad only Vick at QB. Team was probably not contending next season even with Foster, so might as well get value for him while I could.
As a dynasty Foster owner I have been contemplating seeing what I could get for him. Problem is RB is my weakest position so I am not sure I could better my team.

12 team pprTeam S traded Hankerson, Leonard WR WAS and Kaepernick, Colin QB SF to Team F for Cutler, Jay QB CHI and Cruz, Victor WR NYG

I get: MorrisHe gets:Forte, 1.3Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex (any)/ idp. Ppr. With rg3 being out I needed to improve my flex. This gives me a rb core of Rice, Richardson, Morris and can start all 3.

MOX 8: 14 Team, Standard, QRRWWFF (TE=WR)Not one I'd brag about - I gave up value - but my team is better for it. Gave:BreesPeadHolmesGot:McFaddenIvory (WW)G.Tate (WW)The ZBS will be gone and McFadden will go back to what he was 2010-2011: Major producer when healthy, often dinged. Tried getting fair value for Brees and it simply wasn't going to happen in this league. If you trade for a RB without giving one in return, you aren't getting equal value. Cam/DaltonSpiller/Morris/McFadde/MJDDez/Nicks/Austin/Tate

'Dr. Octopus said:
12 team pprTeam S traded Hankerson, Leonard WR WAS and Kaepernick, Colin QB SF to Team F for Cutler, Jay QB CHI and Cruz, Victor WR NYG
Woah. Guess this is the time to sell Kaepernick.

Series of trades in my one dynasty. Ppr. .75 for rbs 1 for wr 1.25 for teHeisenberg gave up McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR;Jones, James GBP WR;Graham, Jimmy NOS TEThe Dirty Dozen gave up Gore, Frank SFO RB;Alexander, Danario SDC WR;White, Roddy ATL WR;Clark, Dallas TBB TE; Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from The Dirty DozenAll-In gave up Manning, Eli NYG QBHeisenberg gave up Locker, Jake TEN QB; Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from HeisenbergBarking Spiders gave up Rice, Sidney SEA WR; Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Barking SpidersHeisenberg gave up Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from HeisenbergHeisenberg gave up Mathews, Ryan SDC RB;Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WRSkunk Apes gave up McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Washington, Nate TEN WR; Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Skunk Apes

'Dr. Octopus said:
no kidding.wish i could get something like this for kaepernick. Ive been asking for a first but so far cant even get that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Series of trades in my one dynasty. Ppr. .75 for rbs 1 for wr 1.25 for te

Heisenberg gave up McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR;Jones, James GBP WR;Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

The Dirty Dozen gave up Gore, Frank SFO RB;Alexander, Danario SDC WR;White, Roddy ATL WR;Clark, Dallas TBB TE; Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from The Dirty Dozen

:shock:

12 Team QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K/Flex PPRI give:Marshawn LynchMichael CrabtreeI receive:Darren McFaddenPercy HarvinJordy Nelson2014 2nd (Probably late)Didn't even receive and email, clicked on one of my tabs, it reloaded and saw this offer. My team is pretty strong at WR, somewhat weak at RB, but plenty of ammo to get a RB if needed.
I couldn't accept fast enough.
Same leagueI give:Reggie BushJordy NelsonJermichael Finley1.06I receive:Jeremy KerleyRob Gronkowski2.073.07'14 2ndMy teamBradford, Foles, EliLamichael, DMC, Lamar Miller, Moreno, Bilal Powell, Reece, D. Richardson, Vereen, DWillQ, Cobb, Harvin, Jeffrey, Marvin Jones, Julio, Kerley, Sanu, Steve Smith, Wallace, Jarius WrightVD, Gronk

Heisenberg gave up McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR;Jones, James GBP WR;Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

The Dirty Dozen gave up Gore, Frank SFO RB;Alexander, Danario SDC WR;White, Roddy ATL WR;Clark, Dallas TBB TE; Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from The Dirty Dozen

Yeah that one is awful. The guy offered me graham (asking for a lot more than what he got in this deal) and I countered, but I guess he had other offers out and this was accepted.

DEVY LEAGUETeam A gives Marqise Lee WR USCTeam B gives Nick Foles PHI QB and 2013 1.01 draft pick, which can be from the current draft or another devy player. Devys already on Rosters are:Giovanni Bernard, TJ Yeldon, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Jonathan Gray, Michael Dyer, Marcus Lattimore, Knile Davis, Montee Ball, Joesph Randle, Justin Hunter, Da Rick Rogers, Stepfan Taylor, Eddie Lacy, Dorial Green Beckham, Kenjon Barner, Marquess Wilson, Kenny Stills, George Farmer, Ryan Swope, Cobi HamiltonTeam B also gives a 2013 rd 2 draft pickTalk about a interesting trade and fun trade to evaluate. Something a little different from your usual ho hum trade.

DEVY LEAGUETeam A gives Marqise Lee WR USCTeam B gives Nick Foles PHI QB and 2013 1.01 draft pick, which can be from the current draft or another devy player. Devys already on Rosters are:Giovanni Bernard, TJ Yeldon, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Jonathan Gray, Michael Dyer, Marcus Lattimore, Knile Davis, Montee Ball, Joesph Randle, Justin Hunter, Da Rick Rogers, Stepfan Taylor, Eddie Lacy, Dorial Green Beckham, Kenjon Barner, Marquess Wilson, Kenny Stills, George Farmer, Ryan Swope, Cobi HamiltonTeam B also gives a 2013 rd 2 draft pickTalk about a interesting trade and fun trade to evaluate. Something a little different from your usual ho hum trade.
So I assume the guy trading Marqise Lee wants Todd Gurley? That's only player I can think of who justifies giving up Lee in college.

So I assume the guy trading Marqise Lee wants Todd Gurley? That's only player I can think of who justifies giving up Lee in college.
Who knows, there are still a lot of interesting prospects out there for those who have done their homework. Whoever it is, he apparently likes him more than Lee or as much as Lee given he is also getting boot. ETA: These Devy leagues are fast becoming my favorite leagues. I'm in 3 of them now.

'Dr. Octopus said:
He has Cam upside. It would take a deal like this to get him from me.
Cam upside is 100% different than actually producing that way, or being valued that way. Kaep is smaller and less dynamic in the open field, and in my opinion also a less talented passer. More importantly he sat for more than an entire season and didn't have a Cam-like fantasy impact when he got his chance.

I'll take the Lee side. He isn't Jerry Rice just yet, but he sure seems like the best dev prospect in college football based on what we know right now.

'Dr. Octopus said:
Cam upside is 100% different than actually producing that way, or being valued that way. Kaep is smaller and less dynamic in the open field, and in my opinion also a less talented passer. More importantly he sat for more than an entire season and didn't have a Cam-like fantasy impact when he got his chance.
I viewed him as a low-end QB1 in my trade of him. I like the guy but don't see top 5 or more here.

'Dr. Octopus said:
I was the one trading for Kaepernick and while I was fully expecting to get slammed on that one (and it likely doesn't really reflect proper value, but posted it just to see how far off), I'm ok with the deal.I won my division in that league with a 9-4 record, but lost in the opening round of the playoffs largely due to a mediocre at best group of QBs (Cutler, Palmer and Weeden). Contrary to what most posters state here, in that league at least, it's not easy to trade for QBs and most teams only really had one viable option - this team had Matt Ryan and Kapernick.It's a start 3 WR league but I do also have Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones, so moving Cruz was an option as I have several canidates for WR3 (albeit not as exciting as Cruz of course).I think Harbuagh (as an ex QB) truly wants to open up this offense a bit eventually and Kapernick looks fully capable to me and with Crabtree, Davis, Manningham, Jenkins and LMJ he has viable weapons to do so.I certainly see the side of those that favor the Cruz side though.

'Dr. Octopus said:
I was the one trading for Kaepernick and while I was fully expecting to get slammed on that one (and it likely doesn't really reflect proper value, but posted it just to see how far off), I'm ok with the deal.I won my division in that league with a 9-4 record, but lost in the opening round of the playoffs largely due to a mediocre at best group of QBs (Cutler, Palmer and Weeden). Contrary to what most posters state here, in that league at least, it's not easy to trade for QBs and most teams only really had one viable option - this team had Matt Ryan and Kapernick.It's a start 3 WR league but I do also have Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones, so moving Cruz was an option as I have several canidates for WR3 (albeit not as exciting as Cruz of course).I think Harbuagh (as an ex QB) truly wants to open up this offense a but eventually and Kapernick looks fully capable to me.I certainly see the side of those that favor the Cruz side though.
You have to give to get. Makes sense with your roster. Was interesting that you went after Kaep instead of Ryan. Not disagreeing with it, just found it interesting.

Yeah that one is awful. The guy offered me graham (asking for a lot more than what he got in this deal) and I countered, but I guess he had other offers out and this was accepted.
God awful.

'Dr. Octopus said:
I was the one trading for Kaepernick and while I was fully expecting to get slammed on that one (and it likely doesn't really reflect proper value, but posted it just to see how far off), I'm ok with the deal.I won my division in that league with a 9-4 record, but lost in the opening round of the playoffs largely due to a mediocre at best group of QBs (Cutler, Palmer and Weeden). Contrary to what most posters state here, in that league at least, it's not easy to trade for QBs and most teams only really had one viable option - this team had Matt Ryan and Kapernick.It's a start 3 WR league but I do also have Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones, so moving Cruz was an option as I have several canidates for WR3 (albeit not as exciting as Cruz of course).I think Harbuagh (as an ex QB) truly wants to open up this offense a but eventually and Kapernick looks fully capable to me.I certainly see the side of those that favor the Cruz side though.
You have to give to get. Makes sense with your roster. Was interesting that you went after Kaep instead of Ryan. Not disagreeing with it, just found it interesting.
I asked about both - he was more willing to move Kaep, understandably. I realize I'm higher on Kaep than most, as part of me actually preferred him to Ryan as more of a "swing for the fences" type player. Ryan will lose Gonzalez next season, and White no so long afterwards.

14 team ppr, not involvedJeremy Maclin, Josh Gordon, Dwayne AllenforLarry Fitzgerald, Owen Daniels, 2.3thenOwen DanielsforGreg Olsen

Sent: Arian FosterReceived: RGIIIHad only Vick at QB. Team was probably not contending next season even with Foster, so might as well get value for him while I could.
Love it.
If made after Sunday's game, that is a huge amount of value to be giving for RGIII. I own RGIII in a number of key leagues and theres no way I could get Arian Foster for him right now.
There is certainly risk, but before Sunday's game I don't think there is any way you get RGIII for Foster. At least not from a forward thinking Dynasty owner. If anything, this is a calculated buy low on RGIII. Foster is a quickly depreciating fantasy asset. One that won't be worth RGIII in a year. If not sooner. Foster is a big time sell.

Love it.
If made after Sunday's game, that is a huge amount of value to be giving for RGIII. I own RGIII in a number of key leagues and theres no way I could get Arian Foster for him right now.
There is certainly risk, but before Sunday's game I don't think there is any way you get RGIII for Foster. At least not from a forward thinking Dynasty owner. If anything, this is a calculated buy low on RGIII. Foster is a quickly depreciating fantasy asset. One that won't be worth RGIII in a year. If not sooner. Foster is a big time sell.
People keep saying this, yet AF continues to go top 6 in every single dynasty startup I've seen in quite some time (including the one I'm in right now). And I'm not sure what you mean by "forward thinking". Is that code for "doesn't care about winning this/next year?"

Love it.
People keep saying this, yet AF continues to go top 6 in every single dynasty startup I've seen in quite some time (including the one I'm in right now). And I'm not sure what you mean by "forward thinking". Is that code for "doesn't care about winning this/next year?"
Who says you can't win without Foster and with RGIII next year? It's risky, sure. But so is keeping a RB who hit a big time wall this year. Dynasty trading is all about calculated risk. Projecting when a player will take a nosedive in value and buying low on those you think will rebound. We all have different opinions on which players will and won't fall into these categories, but all of the red flags are there for Foster.

not involved12 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, 4 yr max contractsTeam AAA receives D.Murray (2 yr), pick 1.06, pick 1.09Team BBB receives AJ Green (3 yr)~~~Team AAA receives M.LeShoure (3 yr), pick 1.11Team CCC receives S.Ridley (3 yr), R.Fitpatrick (1 yr)

Love it.
I am running 6 dynasty startup mocks each month this offseason. Foster has gone: 11, 5, 12, 4, 4, & 6 thus far. He has not been the top RB taken in any of them, though he only went behind RG3 in one of them.

Some trades that went on in my 12 team dynasty ppr league...Not involved in any of them:Trade 1:Team A getsBeanie WellsBrandon MarshallCharles OlsonEvan RodriguezTeam B getsFlacco, Ridley, Vereen,Cameron Jordan, 2013 3rd round rookie pickTrade 2:Team C getsRyan Mathews, Bilall Powell, Andre RobertsTeam D getsDesean Jackson, Lance Kendricks, Zach Miller and pick 1.10 in rookie draftTrade 3Team E getsMike Vick, Vernon Davis and 2nd round pick in rookie draftTeam F getsCutler and higher 2nd round pickTrade 4Team G getsRussell Wilson, Lamar Miller, Lance MooreTeam H getsMatt Schaub, Danny Amendola and a 2nd round pick

I get: MorrisHe gets:Forte, 1.3Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex (any)/ idp. Ppr. With rg3 being out I needed to improve my flex. This gives me a rb core of Rice, Richardson, Morris and can start all 3.
I think you gave up too much, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread