What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder; found deceased in his cell. (1 Viewer)

Agree with others that the texts sent by Lloyd are sent to mean "hey, if anything happens to me I'm with 'NFL,' 'just so you know...'"

IMO the primary reason I interpreted it that way being:

"Just so you know" text sent at 3:22am

Hernandez car on video entering Industrial Park at 3:23am

I wonder what the conversation was that was taking place in the car as they were about to enter an Industrial Park at 3:23am. I'm guessing that Lloyd had a pretty good idea that Hernandez was pissed off at him or worse at that stage. Hopefully the other two in the car will testify as to what was taking place as they drove there while that text was being sent out.

There was a report of the 22 caliber pistol recovered from AH's home, this gone may have been involved in the Bradley shooting in Florida.

How did the gun get from Florida to Connecticut without being taken on a plane? I'm sure AH is traveling up the East coast Griswold style.

Damn TSA, missed another one.

little late to the party here....so I may not be aware of some details....but one of the first things I was thinking is that AH wouldn't be the one actually pulling the trigger, he would have one of his boys do it....the eventual connection from the victim to AH would be pretty easy.....so you know he is going to be questioned...they were out in public together, etc....you would think that one of his buddies would be the trigger man since AH is the money maker/gravy train of the "operation"......

"yo Aaron...I got this man....I'll do this for you...you just keep ballin".....

now I know him being there still puts him in some deep ####, and he will get some charges for obstruction, etc....but if he didn't do it and his boys back up a story of he didn't want us to do it and tried to stop it....he could get some lesser charges that get him out of prison and back on a field pretty quick.....where he then "takes care of his boys" as best as he can while they are in prison....
An attorney on local tv said that it didn't matter which guy actually pulled the trigger. In a case of premeditated murder one with multiple participants conspiring, all of them could be charged and tried for the murder ever if they did not actually pull the trigger. That was one of the reasons they felt the other two guys would roll over and finger AH if he was the main guy and the shooter, as they might plead to a lesser charge.
if they can prove they were maybe just going to go out there and rough him up a little and then dude Z snapped and took it to a whole new level by pulling out a gun and shooting him or something....I think they can maybe get rid of the premeditated thing....

guess I can just see some scenerios where yeah they may have been packing heat (which they may have done frequently)...but at the time the intent out there was not to kill the guy......maybe just beat him up and leave him there.... and then dude Z may have just snapped and pulled the gun and pulled the trigger....
Why would they all have guns if they were only planning on roughing him up? IMO, one the guns came out, that opened things up for worse charges to be filed. Just like if you rob a bank, if you bring a gun the inference is that you were planning on using it, so they consider that armed robbery (which carries a stiffer sentence).

And if the other 2 guys weren't actively involved in the shooting, it gives them even more incentive to rat out the actual shooter rather than be charged with murder.
would not surprise me if carrying guns was the norm for AH and his crew.....

guess I'm just scrambling trying to put myself in the non shooters shoes.....I'd be coming up with a story (hopefully similiar to the other non shooter's) which they have had a few day to do....that is something along the lines of

"we never intended it to go this far, we were maybe just going to beat him up to teach him a lesson, and then dude Z just snapped and pulled the trigger, once he pulled the gun we tried to stop him, but it was too late".....if dude Z agrees and takes the fall, the two non shooters could maybe get less time/charges.....
The 2 non shooters probably are all ready working on deals to get less time, but all 3 are going to do time.

There was a report of the 22 caliber pistol recovered from AH's home, this gone may have been involved in the Bradley shooting in Florida.

How did the gun get from Florida to Connecticut without being taken on a plane? I'm sure AH is traveling up the East coast Griswold style.

Pretty sure you can transport an unloaded gun in a checked bag.

Btw, here is 26 minutes of the arraignment if you missed it. Doesn't look like it includes the plea or request (and deny) for bail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TENA8DauYvA
It starts getting interesting at the 11:00 mark.... After the prosecutor says the "NFL" part of the text message conversation, you can see the look on Hernandez face, plus a nervous swallow.

Dude is burnt toast.
First of all the victim texts his mother.

Secondly, at 11:01 talking about "the temperature in the car": what the heck does that mean? I'm guessing that means it was warm, even hot.

Not exactly riding up front with the A/C on, there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretty sure you can transport an unloaded gun in a checked bag.
I thought they had to be declared, even checked.

driving?

I can see him renting a family truckster.

-QG

I would guess a good deal of rich guys with months off do some travel by road. I'm sure this is even more true among those who like to travel with unregistered guns.

Any chance he could plead insanity? The comments about him feeling he couldn't trust anyone anymore sounds like paranoia to me. Schizophrenia typically has an onset in the late teens/early 20s. Also, reports indicated he came to feel he was above the law after getting his contract extension. Stressors aren't always negative things. The huge contract and resulting change of life could have been a major stressor capable of triggering mental disorder. Could also be an alternative to significantly substandard IQ in terms of explaining the poorly executed execution. Could also explain his lack of emotion/blowing a kiss in court, etc.
What the #### is going on in this forum lately?

Can't get over the fact that these sports networks are actually talking about the scenario of somebody claiming him on waivers.

Did anything in that arraignment make you think "yeah the prosecutor is totally looking to plea down to a charge that lets him play this year"?!?

:eyeroll:

-QG

Any chance he could plead insanity? The comments about him feeling he couldn't trust anyone anymore sounds like paranoia to me. Schizophrenia typically has an onset in the late teens/early 20s. Also, reports indicated he came to feel he was above the law after getting his contract extension. Stressors aren't always negative things. The huge contract and resulting change of life could have been a major stressor capable of triggering mental disorder. Could also be an alternative to significantly substandard IQ in terms of explaining the poorly executed execution. Could also explain his lack of emotion/blowing a kiss in court, etc.
Well c'mon dude. There really aren't too many scenarios left.

Even if everything said above was true...................he is still going to prison. You been to a prison lately? Many upon many there have some form of psychosis. It doesn't excuse murder. It doesn't even excuse all the stuff Titus Young did.

There are still the same or very similar consequences for the actions whether you are crazy or not.

Either way, he you get put away for a long long time.

Insanity is better than whatever load of trash they come up with. This is a mountain of evidence.

I consider this an island of FFA that's ended up in the Shark Pool.

Btw, Florio announced just now that the NFL has banned the sale of the 81 Hernandez jersey.

-QG

Btw, Florio announced just now that the NFL has banned the sale of the 81 Hernandez jersey.

-QG
sounds like a lot of 3rd world kids gonna grow up in a hernandez jersey

I may not be aware of some details.....
Understatement.
wtf does this mean or contribute in any way......
it means you sound like you're working on a screenplay
I'm simply trying to say...we have no idea what happened out there yet except somebody was shot and killed.....the general sentiment in here is that this was an executioner style premeditated killing... and that may not be what happened....it could have gone a lot further then two of the three guys had planned on it going....if I'm one of the guys who didn't shoot him and that wasn't what I thought was going to happen, I'm going to make that very clear....I don't want to do time for murder just because some guy snaps at 3:30 in the morning....my intentions may have been bad, but maybe not murder bad...

I am willing to bet if there is only one shooter, and the other two don't get a deal, that the testimony of the other two will be a lot closer to something like what I have said then it will be to "yeah we planned on going out there and killing that mofo"....

-QG
Interesting reaction... pretend he never existed.

I think people need to step away from the OJ and Ray Lewis cases here. The only similarities are that they were wealthy athletes with top legal counsel. The actual facts and evidence of each case stands alone and separate from one another. Having good attorneys does not mean Hernandez will get off if he actually did it and he hasn't helped himself any since the murder occurred.

Consider that since the murder was committed, which is the most serious crime (obviously), Hernandez has publicly and visibly committed obstruction of justice, a crime which is punishable by up to 5 years in prison. If he was innocent, why would he do that? Answer: He is not innocent. He either did it or was directly involved in the murder itself, which means he could still be convicted of conspiracy, even if he was not the triggerman. If he was smart, why would he do that? Answer: He is obviously not too smart and risked obstruction to help his friends (accomplices) OR he is smart enough to realize that risking up to 5 years is nothing vs a murder or conspiracy conviction if he committed or assisted with murder.

Occam's Razor states that among competing hypotheses, the most simple one is usually correct: Based on what has transpired, Hernandez' actions and what has been publicly reported, Occam's Razor would say this as the most simple one: Hernandez killed Odin Lloyd. That doesn't make it so, just the most likely IMO.
I disagree.

1. He may not have been the one to destroy the phone and security system - could have been one of his friends. He is under no obligation to make that known now.

2. If he did destroy the phone and security records - he may have eliminated significant evidence against him in a murder trial - I'd say that is a pretty good trade-off.

3. He or his associates may have destroyed the evidence to protect one of the associates.

4. Near as I can tell, we haven't seen him do anything since this all became public to suggest he is worried about a conviction - going to the Patriots facilities, getting gas, etc.

The most likely scenario is that one of the three killed Lloyd - but I have no idea who pulled the trigger. Do you?
Occam's Razor is correct again.

-QG
That is the NFL for you. Roll out the troops and the flags at every opporunity. Shine a light on Pat Tillman.

Sweep it under the rug when one of your violent thugs does something unsavory.

-QG
the wannabe G's will be intentionally rockin the jersey to make a statement....

-QG
That is the NFL for you. Roll out the troops and the flags at every opporunity. Shine a light on Pat Tillman.

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but you guys really do a lot of #####ing in here -- I wouldn't think a football board would have this level of estrogen.

people are always complaining about thugs in pro sports, so some guy gets arrested for murder and the league takes quick action.

and then of course the same people #####ing about thugs in the sport ##### about this, now.

-QG

I don't think it's sweeping it under the rug. It's realizing that continuing to profit off of a potential murderer's jersey sales looks really, really bad. It makes perfect sense to stop selling his jersey.

Insanity is better than whatever load of trash they come up with. This is a mountain of evidence.
I don't know about Insanity but they could sure plead stupidity. These guys belong on America's Dumbest Criminals.

to be fair to the guy, not everybody watches csi and ncis -- some people grow up watching goodfellas

-QG

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but you guys really do a lot of #####ing in here -- I wouldn't think a football board would have this level of estrogen.

people are always complaining about thugs in pro sports, so some guy gets arrested for murder and the league takes quick action.

and then of course the same people #####ing about thugs in the sport ##### about this, now.
And then some ##### come in and ####### about everyone being ###### and no one can understand because there are too many ###'s

-QG

Sorry if you mistook my post. I don't think I gave the impression I was complaining. I just said interesting reaction.

I do understand the previous poster who brought up a good point about wanna be's wearing the jersey as a way to give sick props to AH.

Has there been any news of what happened to the other two guys being identified as "accomplices" in this scenario. Have they been arrested and charged? Are they sitting at home? Does the public even know their names? Did they get out of dodge as quickly as possible.

It seems odd that not a peep has come out on either of these guys. You'd think media would have picked up on if two other guys in the local area were arrested/charged with murder or something similiar.

Has there been any news of what happened to the other two guys being identified as "accomplices" in this scenario. Have they been arrested and charged? Are they sitting at home? Does the public even know their names? Did they get out of dodge as quickly as possible.

It seems odd that not a peep has come out on either of these guys. You'd think media would have picked up on if two other guys in the local area were arrested/charged with murder or something similiar.
You'd think their photos would be everywhere now if they were wanted. Must be cooperating.

:missing: :missing:

-QG

I don't know about Insanity but they could sure plead stupidity. These guys belong on America's Dumbest Criminals.
The insanity plea is ridiculous. Stop watching Law & Order. Hernandez would have had either had to a.) not know his conduct was criminal or b.) be unable to conform his conduct to the requirements of the law. Obviously neither applies to Hernandez. *If* he committed this crime, it wasn't because he was insane.

:missing: :missing:

-QG
Heard some guy named "Carlos Ortiz" I think was arrested on a fugitive warrant in Bristol, CT and was being transported to MA. I am not sure if it is totally applicable to this case but Bristol, CT is where AH is from.

Team 5 Investigates reported that a second arrest may be connected to the murder of Lloyd. Carlos A. Ortiz, 27, was arrested by Bristol, Conn., police Wednesday on a fugitive from justice charge. Bristol police told NewsCenter 5's Kathy Curran they have been in touch with investigators from the Bristol County District Attorney's Office in Massachusetts. Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/boston-south/former-new-england-patriots-star-aaron-hernandez-arrives-at-court/-/9848842/20724668/-/k880eb/-/index.html#ixzz2XMdn9xDn

little late to the party here....so I may not be aware of some details....but one of the first things I was thinking is that AH wouldn't be the one actually pulling the trigger, he would have one of his boys do it....the eventual connection from the victim to AH would be pretty easy.....so you know he is going to be questioned...they were out in public together, etc....you would think that one of his buddies would be the trigger man since AH is the money maker/gravy train of the "operation"......

"yo Aaron...I got this man....I'll do this for you...you just keep ballin".....

now I know him being there still puts him in some deep ####, and he will get some charges for obstruction, etc....but if he didn't do it and his boys back up a story of he didn't want us to do it and tried to stop it....he could get some lesser charges that get him out of prison and back on a field pretty quick.....where he then "takes care of his boys" as best as he can while they are in prison....
They have intent, Aaron was driving. They have fear in the text messages. It doesn't matter who pulled the trigger, they're all getting the same charge in the eyes of the law.
I've seen this a couple times already. What is this "fear" you speak of?
Its a inference drawn from two texts he sent:

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

The inference being - if I don't show up tomorrow, you know who killed me.
That's not how I read it. Hey, I'm with a star football player, just so you know... As in, yeah, this is cool.
Please stop. Really, is that how you read it? And that is why you have lost credibility in your posting on this specific subject.
You really are an idiot. Stop stalking me and move on.
This will be last post to you about this scenario so feel free to respond with the last word after you read this.

I felt you needed to be called out for your schtick in this thread. I like to think I have been a pretty credible poster in the shark pool and usually refrain from getting involved in a pissing match, but could no longer take your optimism and homeristic approach on this matter.

The fact that I am not the only one to have noticed it or make mention of it bodes well that you were making some posts that were quite simply dumb.

So the forum was wrong to discuss whether the evidence we knew of made AH look guilty. Because "he's innocent until proven guilty" and "you can't be judge, jury and executioner". Despite said discussion not having any impact on AH.

But not a single post about how horrible the Patriots are for depriving him of his job when he hasn't been proven guilty yet?
:goodposting: Being arrested changes everything... :lmao:
Charge w/ 1st degree murder plus I'm sure the Pats brass as some insider info on the evidence collected. The Pats always had the right to release him and they did the right thing here.

-QG

The league trades in violence and aggression while trying to market itself as a virtuous center of American culture. Football is great entertainment, but there's nothing particularly wholesome about the game or the men who play it. The NFL wants to be seen a certain way, but that PR work is difficult when your players are killing people and running dog fighting rings off the field while concussing their way to an early grave on it. I enjoy the spectacle, but let's call it what it is: a watered down modern day version of Rome's gladiator pits.

I really think it has more to do with gang members around the country wanting to buy these jersey and wear them as a status symbol. Definitely not what the NFL image wants - it will bad enough for the near future with AH and his trial/incarceration

There seems to be a lot of back and forth in this forum about Hernandez (and I'm only talking about the football side of things here) maybe not being in huge trouble--in the sense that there is no guarantee that he is the shooter. The law doesn't restrict murder convictions to only those who pull the trigger-- if he drove the get away car from the murder--that in itself could implicate him as well. If he was in on the murder in regards to planning it--basically involved in it going down (even if he wasn't the actual shooter)--he could go down for murder. The fact of the matter is that the evidence that was exposed today at least proves that there was some involvement in this crime. He also destroyed his cell phone, and surveillance tapes--which could add some obstruction charges to this. This legal battle is going to take some time--he is unemployed now--so he'll have no chance to train formally. Not only that--the fact that the league said that any involvement in this case is disturbing is a clear sign that tyrant commish is not happy about this situation. Commish can also take into account the first incident about Hernandez shooting somebody in the arm and face. Not only that, even if he survives this all--the negative media circus surrounding him would make him virtually impossible for any team to roster--as the backlash and negative press would not be worth it. In regards to football--and especially fantasy football-- Hernandez is basically done for at least the next 2-5 years---and this is being optimistic.

Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that AH is guilty? OJ was charged with murder and we all know he was found innocent. :loco:
This is a fantasy football forum. Let's hyphothetically say that he somehow doens't get charged with murder--but that the five gun counts stick and he gets obstruction charges for destroying evidence. Those offenses alone are very punishable. On top of that, he is unemployed-- so best case scenario--what team will hire a guy who will have been out of football for a year or two, was involved in one shooting in florida, and was at least in the fray for a murder, who has major gun charges on his record, who still would have to do deal with a tyrant like commish in goodell? In regards to fantasy football--AH's guilt or innocence is basically irrelevant. Even if he's innocent--he has very little value at best. We're not posting on CNN here.

-QG

The league trades in violence and aggression while trying to market itself as a virtuous center of American culture. Football is great entertainment, but there's nothing particularly wholesome about the game or the men who play it. The NFL wants to be seen a certain way, but that PR work is difficult when your players are killing people and running dog fighting rings off the field while concussing their way to an early grave on it. I enjoy the spectacle, but let's call it what it is: a watered down modern day version of Rome's gladiator pits.
Not that I disagree with the characterization of the game, but I think we need to consider general crime rates when evaluating NFL player crime rates.

When it comes to arrests, NFL players are less likely to be arrested than the general population: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201110/nfls-surprising-new-arrest-leader

Users who are viewing this thread