What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs being scarfed up in drafts (1 Viewer)

prgromek

Footballguy
it seems like we're back to old-school drafting with lots of guys going RB-RB and some even RB-RB-RB to start the draft

Do you buck the trend this year and get studs at WR and TE early, or do you follow the crowd and get your 2 RBs early...even if you're sitting at the back end of the first round.

I think it is easy to go rb-rb if you are later in the 1st round. It's when you draft at the beginning that I have a harder time drafting a second rb. Do I really feel good drafting a guy like Demarco Murray or Frank Gore instead of getting Jimmy Graham, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or Julio Jones there?

The funny thing is what changed between this year and last year? Last year most drafts had a bunch of QBs go in the 1st & 2nd round (including Rodgers possibly #1 overall). This year everyone is going RB heavy again and Rodgers is going in the 2nd.

The funny thing is what changed between this year and last year? Last year most drafts had a bunch of QBs go in the 1st & 2nd round (including Rodgers possibly #1 overall). This year everyone is going RB heavy again and Rodgers is going in the 2nd.
In the FPC you see Rodgers in the 3rd or 4th as the #1 QB off the board.

QBs in the first round is awful every year in every format that doesn't give bonuses for QBs or that you don't start 2QBs in.

The one thing that is puzzling to me is how late QBs have dropped, its like the run on RBs lasts for about the first 40 picks and then people just wing it. Ive been able to get Brady or Stafford in the late 6th reliably or Matt Ryan in the mid 7th.

I'm a huge proponent of QBBC and this throws a wrench in my plans when instead of Eli Manning + Dalton I can get Brady + Eli/Dalton and all it costs me is a midround pick.

imo there are more quality backs to choose from this year which led people to go qb last year.

as someone who has been mocking from 1.06 pretty extensively, i cant get around that my team looks much better after rb/rb in the first two rounds even if calvin johnson is available for me.

for example i can get rice and chris johnson most likely with the first two picks (or a r bush in round 2) and then have the next 4 picks to get a stable of wr depth with the likes of antonio brown, wes welker, mike wallace, or miles austin or similar wrs which give solid depth and production out of the wr position every week, especially important if you start 3 wrs.

there is a ton of value in qbs late, as well as tes. you can get olsen in rounds 8-9, and two low end qb1 qbs in the 10-12 rounds.

i think with rbs you have fewer teams going with the workhorse back so as soon as the middle of the second round is through you then start overpaying for rbs in the 3-7 rounds as those are the rbs who are the "rb1" in a rbbc situation. however i think correspondingly the value for rbs skyrockets back up in the 8-10 rounds as people like danny woodhead, johnathan franklin, or ahmad bradshaw are available then who are extremely good upside depth fill ins for bye weeks or injuries.

the "rb2" in rbbcs are very undervalued especially now when many situations are still fluid. much better to get two workhorse backs, a bunch of wrs who can give you consistant good production in the middle rounds, and then use the later rounds for te, qb, additnal rb depth and lastly pks and dts.

The RBs being drafted in the first round last year were AWFUL overall. Aside from maybe three of them, they all had serious question marks that made me question why they were first rounders at all. Last year at this time, McFadden, Mathews, and Murray were all first rounders. This is why smart people stayed away from that risk and went with a safe QB in round 1.

The awfulness of the RBs in round 1 was paired with a TON of upside in the mid round running backs. Guys like ADP and Charles in round 2, the guys like Spiller, Martin, Bush, Ridley a few rounds later.

Last year was very much an outlier because of the above situation. This year a lot of those great mid round RB values have propelled themselves to first round status which brings us back to the usual RB heavy early rounds. As a result, there is all of **** and crap available in the mid rounds at RB. Gotta scoop them up early this year.

You should never go by an absolute "never draft a QB or XXX position in round 1". You have to look at each year individually.

You should never go by an absolute "never draft a QB or XXX position in round 1". You have to look at each year individually.
While I typically agree, I think this one specifically is safe bet. I don't think a scenario exists where the RB1s and RB2s are so poor as well as the WR1s and WR2s that you can justify taking one in the first especially since there is enough of an equillibrium between the non-QB skill positions that all things become equal. Would need a QB that runs for 2k yards and throws for 3k+

I think it is easy to go rb-rb if you are later in the 1st round. It's when you draft at the beginning that I have a harder time drafting a second rb. Do I really feel good drafting a guy like Demarco Murray or Frank Gore instead of getting Jimmy Graham, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or Julio Jones there?
I disagree. I've been mocking heavily at the back turn and I am going WR/WR just about every time. But then I admit I am pretty sour on most of the names that are concensus 2nd round RBs. I'd much rather get two guys I know will produce huge and have a guaranteed advantage at WR and then take some high-upside guys like Lamar Miller or one of the rookies later. If I mine a gem at RB in rounds 3-5, then I'm golden.

I like RB/RB and even went RB/RB/RB in my FFPC draft mainly because in 1xQB leagues, you can pick the 12th QB and still get good value. Add this to the fact that Wrs are deep, I love getting Micheal Floyd, Vincent Brown and Kenny Britt in mid to late rounds.

The only consideration I'd give is to grab Jimmy G or Gronk, otherwise it's RB/RB this year.

While I typically agree, I think this one specifically is safe bet. I don't think a scenario exists where the RB1s and RB2s are so poor as well as the WR1s and WR2s that you can justify taking one in the first especially since there is enough of an equillibrium between the non-QB skill positions that all things become equal. Would need a QB that runs for 2k yards and throws for 3k+
I don't see it as an automatic safe bet. If you went into last year saying you weren't drafting a QB in the first round and you ended up with a mid-late pick in the first, you either got Calvin which was a good pick or a RB who busted which is a horrible pick. The VBD numbers were calced in another thread, and confirmed that a QB in round 1 last year was a wise move.

A TON has changed. First off, QB is much deeper this season. Less of a need to grab the top couple of QBs in the first two rounds. RG3, Kap, Wilson and Luck all joined the "Very solid fantasy QB" group. Manning bounced back from injury to join the top of that group as well. But nobody really dropped out of that group.

Secondly, more teams seem to be headed towards RBBC, making lead RBs a tad more valuable. In Stl and Atl, it was SJax and Turner. Now, It's SJax and Pead/Richardson/Stacy. In Denver, it was McGahee. Now it's Moreno/Hillman/Ball. That's just two examples.

TE also lost a late-1st round player in Gronk due to injury.

I don't think we're seeing much or any difference in WR rankings from last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see it as an automatic safe bet. If you went into last year saying you weren't drafting a QB in the first round and you ended up with a mid-late pick in the first, you either got Calvin which was a good pick or a RB who busted which is a horrible pick. The VBD numbers were calced in another thread, and confirmed that a QB in round 1 last year was a wise move.
I would have to see the VBD numbers and then I would have to question the method. I've been a proponent for QBBC for a very long time so I may just be biased but I just don't see how its even possible, you're playing catchup the entire draft and the only way to actually get ahead of the pack is if players consistently slip or all of your sleepers pay off.

I would have to see the VBD numbers and then I would have to question the method. I've been a proponent for QBBC for a very long time so I may just be biased but I just don't see how its even possible, you're playing catchup the entire draft and the only way to actually get ahead of the pack is if players consistently slip or all of your sleepers pay off.
How were you not playing catch up from even further behind if you had drafted either of McFadden, Murray, or Mathews, and to a lesser extent, CJ2K?

How were you not playing catch up from even further behind if you had drafted either of McFadden, Murray, or Mathews, and to a lesser extent, CJ2K?
Because they will still outperform the RBs you would have gotten 3 rounds later by more than your QB you get 9 rounds later was underperforming. How is injury risk weighted or even quantified in VBD?

Also you wouldn't draft those clods.

Because they will still outperform the RBs you would have gotten 3 rounds later by more than your QB you get 9 rounds later was underperforming. How is injury risk weighted or even quantified in VBD?

Also you wouldn't draft those clods.
This wasn't the case last year. Go take a look at the "Was drafting a QB early last year a mistake" thread for details. You're line of thinking is right most of the time but as I said, I believe last year was a sort of perfect storm of really bad first round RB value and really good mid round RB value. The final VBD numbers seemed to back this up.

Sure, drafting a QB late may have turned out good last year, but that still left you with the question of who you should've drafted in the first round.

A TON has changed. First off, QB is much deeper this season. Less of a need to grab the top couple of QBs in the first two rounds. RG3, Kap, Wilson and Luck all joined the "Very solid fantasy QB" group. Manning bounced back from injury to join the top of that group as well. But nobody really dropped out of that group.
Your point about the "good QB" ranks swelling by 4 is right (Peyton was already being drafted in the top ten last year), but Vick and Rivers definitely dropped out. Eli was more pushed out by better options and is still a decent choice at QB13, but the other two got a firm boot.

Doubling up on any position with first two picks of a draft is poor roster management if you have short enough benches to allow for talent to exist and emerge through the wire. A decade+ of playing this game and I've realized that it takes a wire hawk to win, generally, and especially in highly competitive leagues.

Doubling up on any position with first two picks of a draft is poor roster management if you have short enough benches to allow for talent to exist and emerge through the wire. A decade+ of playing this game and I've realized that it takes a wire hawk to win, generally, and especially in highly competitive leagues.
It does limit your flexibility when players slip and present value later. If you're overstocked at that position and deficient in another, often times you need to pass on a good deal. It also helps those drafting close to you predict your next move, particularly near the turns in a serp.

I've been mocking pick 2 for a standard scoring 12 man league (standard Yahoo lineup) on Yahoo and after obviously opening with a RB I like WR/WR at the 2/3 turn.

The run on RB's in round 1 continues strongly enough through round two that it just feels too much like finishing a run to go RB at the end of 2 or beginning of 3...when you can instead get in relatively early on the WR's...around WR6 or so (I see a lot of D.Thomas, or for sure Andre Johnson/Roddy White)

Often the typical 3rd-4th round WR run decimates the position you don't get any value in the 4-5th. However, if you start with 1 RB and 2 WR...and have a 1/2/3/1/1/1 league, you are open to drafting ANY player at ANY position in round 4+, so you can let the individual draft board guide you to the BPA instead of forcing a square peg in a round hole.

I just hate opening with RB/WR at the 2/3 turn, which fills both starting RB slots (and STILL with a somewhat weak RB2 IMO), and, to me, basically forces me into WR/WR at the 4/5 turn, regardless of whether or not there is value there. It seems like I either end up with 'meh' WR's I could have picked up later or taking a QB earlier than I wanted.

I've been mocking pick 2 for a standard scoring 12 man league (standard Yahoo lineup) on Yahoo and after obviously opening with a RB I like WR/WR at the 2/3 turn.

The run on RB's in round 1 continues strongly enough through round two that it just feels too much like finishing a run to go RB at the end of 2 or beginning of 3...when you can instead get in relatively early on the WR's...around WR6 or so (I see a lot of D.Thomas, or for sure Andre Johnson/Roddy White)

Often the typical 3rd-4th round WR run decimates the position you don't get any value in the 4-5th. However, if you start with 1 RB and 2 WR...and have a 1/2/3/1/1/1 league, you are open to drafting ANY player at ANY position in round 4+, so you can let the individual draft board guide you to the BPA instead of forcing a square peg in a round hole.

I just hate opening with RB/WR at the 2/3 turn, which fills both starting RB slots (and STILL with a somewhat weak RB2 IMO), and, to me, basically forces me into WR/WR at the 4/5 turn, regardless of whether or not there is value there. It seems like I either end up with 'meh' WR's I could have picked up later or taking a QB earlier than I wanted.
I like those two WR's there as well, but you almost are praying that Mathews makes it to 4.11. After him it's Lacy who has a ton of question marks, Bradshaw who has even more, Mendenhall who is probably next best, Bernard (who I like, but could easily start the season with 5 carry, 2 catch games), Vereen, a StL back, a CAR back or BJGE. Because of the weakness you're almost forced to double dip in RB at 4.11 and 5.02. So, you end up with Martin, Mendenhall, Mathews, Thomas and Fitzgerald, but have a major question mark around your #2 RB. Because that WR pool is so deep, there's still good value at the 4/5 turn. An easy substitution would be Reggie Bush and Hakeem Nicks for Mendenhall and Fitzgerald. I'd take the Bush/Nicks side 6 ways to Sunday.

I like those two WR's there as well, but you almost are praying that Mathews makes it to 4.11. After him it's Lacy who has a ton of question marks, Bradshaw who has even more, Mendenhall who is probably next best, Bernard (who I like, but could easily start the season with 5 carry, 2 catch games), Vereen, a StL back, a CAR back or BJGE. Because of the weakness you're almost forced to double dip in RB at 4.11 and 5.02. So, you end up with Martin, Mendenhall, Mathews, Thomas and Fitzgerald, but have a major question mark around your #2 RB. Because that WR pool is so deep, there's still good value at the 4/5 turn. An easy substitution would be Reggie Bush and Hakeem Nicks for Mendenhall and Fitzgerald. I'd take the Bush/Nicks side 6 ways to Sunday.
Who you are playing against is obviously a factor here. Most of my leagues, and all of my 12 team leagues, are with people I know or e-know, and are not comprised entirely of sharks. I expect to have a shot at Bell or Ball or somebody similar at 4.11, worse case. If not, if RB's really do just get destroyed, I'll consider taking two RB's, 4.11 and 5.02, to mitigate risk, with one of the two probably be an 'injury' guy since either Murray/Mathews/McFadden seem to fall in a lot of mocks/drafts as people shy away. But between Bell, Ball, the three-M's, Ivory, Miller, even Wilson or Sproles...some one or the other of them often falls to 4.11

Couldn't disagree more with this. Each year is its own entity and "poor roster management" only comes when you lack the flexibility to adapt to what the draft gives you. I've played in many leagues (definition of "highly competitive" is going to vary per individual) over the years and I've seen just as many winners roster waiver wire gems as I have seen guys run the whole season without making a roster move.

So far this year, I've seen many different drafting methods and theories applied. For every draft that sees RBs fly off the board early and often, I've witnessed others where owners are wary of aging "studs" and RBBCs so they are loading up on other positions.

In a recent dynasty draft, with 2 flex

I started the draft going

1-Julio

3-Fitz

4-Jordy

6-AJ

6-Stevie J

7-Colston

I later grabbed Welker in the 9th. The value was too good to pass up.

1-Julio

3-Fitz

4-Jordy

6-AJ

6-Stevie J

7-Colston

Mandatory one or two RB?

Either way, doesn't look that great at all.

1-Julio

3-Fitz

4-Jordy

6-AJ

6-Stevie J

7-Colston

Mandatory one or two RB?

No, it doesnt.

If you wanna go and build a young team at WR and TE and not worry about RB then cool.............just not sure how Fitz in the 3rd and then Colston, Andre, and Stevie Johnson fit into that. Welker in the 9th is fine I guess as valeu

1-Julio

3-Fitz

4-Jordy

6-AJ

6-Stevie J

7-Colston

Mandatory one or two RB?

2 RB 3 WR 2 flex

I also picked Peyton/Dalton, Gore/Mendy/Ingram, Witten

Later flipped Colston + pieces for CJ?K to round out the team more.

Played with many different players and different type of leagues over my 20 plus years in this game. I learned one thing each draft is very different even with same group of owners year after year. Learned early on let the draft come to you there are still owners that are so set at picking guys at certain spots they miss value picks.

I don't see an issue on doubling up on a spot. Getting the best point guy is a must and later on you should not hurt you if you keep watching for value. I would pass on my second RB if there was better WR on board even if I had 2 or 3 WRs on my roster. There is always trades and injuries that change every thing.

I have always track each draft I have ever been in. This allows me to know what each owner still needs for his team and also what backups he might be looking at. Over the years I stole players away just by knowing everyone elses team. Funny that only 2 or 3 guys in drafts I am at do this. Most tell me it is way too hard to figure out and draft their team.

as someone who has been mocking from 1.06 pretty extensively, i cant get around that my team looks much better after rb/rb in the first two rounds even if calvin johnson is available for me.

for example i can get rice and chris johnson most likely with the first two picks (or a r bush in round 2) and then have the next 4 picks to get a stable of wr depth with the likes of antonio brown, wes welker, mike wallace, or miles austin or similar wrs which give solid depth and production out of the wr position every week, especially important if you start 3 wrs.

there is a ton of value in qbs late, as well as tes. you can get olsen in rounds 8-9, and two low end qb1 qbs in the 10-12 rounds.

i think with rbs you have fewer teams going with the workhorse back so as soon as the middle of the second round is through you then start overpaying for rbs in the 3-7 rounds as those are the rbs who are the "rb1" in a rbbc situation. however i think correspondingly the value for rbs skyrockets back up in the 8-10 rounds as people like danny woodhead, johnathan franklin, or ahmad bradshaw are available then who are extremely good upside depth fill ins for bye weeks or injuries.

the "rb2" in rbbcs are very undervalued especially now when many situations are still fluid. much better to get two workhorse backs, a bunch of wrs who can give you consistant good production in the middle rounds, and then use the later rounds for te, qb, additnal rb depth and lastly pks and dts.
I really dislike the RB's that are available in the second round from that draft position. Unless Forte is there I am not loving it. Not a fan of the Jackson's or CJ2K.

Yeah it would be awfully tempting to get let's say Dez and marshall at the end of round 1 early second. But then you may be kicking yourself for not getting lets say forte and cj2k. I would probably go with the latter due to the fact that WR is so deep this year.

I really dislike the RB's that are available in the second round from that draft position. Unless Forte is there I am not loving it. Not a fan of the Jackson's or CJ2K.
It really depends on the draft/other guys drafting. If were talking a middle pick (1.4-1.8) like bagger is, its the toughest spot to think about RB/RB. If youre picking late 1st, I think RB/RB is a no-brainer. If youre picking early 1st, taking a WR or Graham in the 2nd isnt a bad idea because youre also getting first shot at a RB who slips into Round 3.

Personally, Im with you on CJ2K, but he is solid and can bounce back this year. If I can get Ridley or SJax with my mid-2nd that is what I will go for because there's no chance theyll be around for my 3rd round pick and I really like both players talent and situation. That said, Im alright with taking a Gore, Bush, Wilson, Sproles with my 3rd pick if I went WR in the 2nd, but Im not seeing a big difference between the WR I can draft mid-round 2 and the WR I can draft mid-round 3.

I have 5 core RBs on my list (Martin, Charles, AP, McCoy, Spiller). After they are off the board, the others offer too much downside risk for me to pass on Calvin, Dez, AJ. Then the rest of the consensus Rd 1 RBs, Marshall, Julio, D. Thomas, Graham, then the Rd 2 RB's.

I've gone WR/WR from late position (and even WR/WR/WR/WR in one league with 3 flexes) and been fine with my squads by getting 2 of Wilson, Miller, Bell and one or two of Vereen and Bernard, followed by bye/bench guys like Ivory/Mendenhall/Pierre Thomas/Woodhead.

Obviously, this is PPR : non PPR is more strictly RB early, and you also need to know your league. Number of WR slots and flexes important.

We only start QB RB WR TE 2 flex and only 4 bench.

Not sure the play here, 12 teams, 6 per TDs PPR. 5 point bonus for 50 yard TDs

I pick 1.9 was going to go Graham, then Julio at 16th overall. Ill tinker with RB. Not sure if I want to start 1-3 RB to WR, two of each or three RBs to one WR

Gottabesweet said:
We only start QB RB WR TE 2 flex and only 4 bench.

Not sure the play here, 12 teams, 6 per TDs PPR. 5 point bonus for 50 yard TDs

I pick 1.9 was going to go Graham, then Julio at 16th overall. Ill tinker with RB. Not sure if I want to start 1-3 RB to WR, two of each or three RBs to one WR
My league setup similar to yours we also start 1qb 1rb 1wr 1te and 3 flex RB/WR all td under 40 6pt over 40 9pt. The hardest part of my league I pick #10 in first rd but we go random every other rd so I go #10 then #3 but then It's random again so I'm #8 in the 3rd

I'm really thinking of going WR/WR unless one of my top 5 RB fall to bottom if the 1st Graham is also a consideration. I may very well go 3 straight WR then Qb I think I do very well with mid to late rd RBS

butcher boy said:
The RBs being drafted in the first round last year were AWFUL overall. Aside from maybe three of them, they all had serious question marks that made me question why they were first rounders at all. Last year at this time, McFadden, Mathews, and Murray were all first rounders. This is why smart people stayed away from that risk and went with a safe QB in round 1.

The awfulness of the RBs in round 1 was paired with a TON of upside in the mid round running backs. Guys like ADP and Charles in round 2, the guys like Spiller, Martin, Bush, Ridley a few rounds later.

Last year was very much an outlier because of the above situation. This year a lot of those great mid round RB values have propelled themselves to first round status which brings us back to the usual RB heavy early rounds. As a result, there is all of **** and crap available in the mid rounds at RB. Gotta scoop them up early this year.

Agreed. Plus Richardson. There are probably twice as many "safe" RB picks this year vs. last year.

Agreed. Plus Richardson. There are probably twice as many "safe" RB picks this year vs. last year.
I think there are three times as many. It's just ridiculously different. Last year the three consensus round 1 RB's were Foster, Rice, McCoy. That was it. Three.

We have as many as nine this year.

Peterson

Foster

Martin

Charles

Rice

Spiller

Lynch

Richardson

McCoy

And that still leaves Forte, Steven Jackson, Ridley on the outside.

I think the answer can be seen in 2011 and 2012 numbers.

I listened to the ESPN Fantasy Underground podcast, and I believe they said during the show the following-

2011- Of the top 11 players by VBD 5 were QBs

2012- Of the top 11 players by VBD 1 was a QB

Therefore, is not surprising that the 2012 draft (after the 2011 VBD analysis) was QB heavy early, and the 2013 draft (after the 2012 VBD analysis) is RB heavy early

Everyone keep saying there more safe bets at RB this yr. Are we forgetting the turnover at the RB position? That has not changed and if you say there are 10 safe RB picks odds are 4-5 of those "safe picks" will be a bust. So at the end of the first shouldn't it be a connsideration to draft another position?

Everyone keep saying there more safe bet at RB this yr. Are we forgetting the turnover at the RB position? That has not changed and if you say there are 10 safe RB picks odds are 4-5 of those "safe picks" will be a bust. So at the end if the first shouldn't it be acinsuderation to draft another position?
No doubt. I think that we are just talking about perception in most people's minds. I don't know that it necessarily means that RB in rounds 1 and 2 is the best strategy.

I think the answer can be seen in 2011 and 2012 numbers.

I listened to the ESPN Fantasy Underground podcast, and I believe they said during the show the following-

2011- Of the top 11 players by VBD 5 were QBs

2012- Of the top 11 players by VBD 1 was a QB

Therefore, is not surprising that the 2012 draft (after the 2011 VBD analysis) was QB heavy early, and the 2013 draft (after the 2012 VBD analysis) is RB heavy early
Which makes me think next year will be completely different. An abnormally high number of RBs did not suffer meaningful injury in 2012, which led to many of them having solid numbers, and subsequently they're going early in 2013 drafts.

Exactly last yr was last yr everyone is assuming the top QBs won't separate Thereself again how do we kno if last yr was just a fluke?

Exactly last yr was last yr everyone is assuming the top QBs won't separate Thereself again how do we kno if last yr was just a fluke?
2011 was much more of a statistical outlier than 2012. Based on that, one would not expect a 2011 repeat to be too likely. Possible, sure.

I disagree I believe 2011 more closely resembles the state if the NFL today. The last 5 yrs every champion in my league had a top 5 Qb in the league the only one who didn't had a 2000 yd RB in CJ2K. So instead if jumping in that RB run I may grab Rogers unless 1 of my top 5 RB fall to me. Which could happen since I don't have Ap or Foster in my top 5!

I don't understand why some of you insist on playing fantasy football. Why not just play fantasy running back. You set up your leagues to make every other position irrelevant.

RB-RB-RB blah blah it doesn't matter after that. I mean, what on earth are you guys playing when LeVeon Bell is ranked higher than Tom Brady? Do you ever stop and think to yourselves, "My god, this is idiotic."?

I am facing this issue RIGHT NOW in a MFL50 PPR redraft. Its my pick at 4.1 and most every RB I thought would be there is gone. I only have 1 RB so far (Morris) and worry if I don't take a RB here I will be hurting. But is it worth taking McFadden or Gore here? Or do I pull the trigger early on Gio Bernard and hope he breaks out? Hate this as I feel the RBs that are left are either injury risks or reaching...

I'd take Gore at 4.1 as an RB2.

He'll beat the hell out of what you get 20+ picks later, I reckon.

In a FBG-heavy league with 2 keepers per team I have the #12 pick (12 teams). I am keeping 2 RBs (Sproles and Morris) because by pick 12, I don't expect any of the top RBs to be there (I think Spiller, Martin and maybe one other is a keeper). I figure Calvin and Brees/Rodgers will also be gone. At that point, I see myself going WR-WR because the top few right after Calvin are all solid guys (Bryant, Marshall, Jones, Thomas) that, barring injury, should all be top 10 and probably top 5. I'm probably in a slightly different position because I can keep two decent RBs, but I still feel a lot better about picking two of those 4 WRs than hoping CJ1K, SJ and Forte have solid seasons. I like Forte better than the others, but I think I feel more comfortable with the top WRs and then Sproles/Bush/McFadden/Bell/Ivory/Gore/Matthew&Woodhead/Hillman&Ball. I guess I feel a little better having 2 of 4 question marks after 4 picks than 3 or 4 question marks.

By the way, I won this league last picking Brees in the first round. I got lucky that CJ1K went in the first before Brees. Brees was money all year and far better than any RB that was still available and had a 1st round grade.

Users who are viewing this thread