What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

Rank the top 5 spots you'd draft at this this set-up.

12 team, PPR league, 6 per td's, 1pt per 25 pass/ 1pt per 10 rush/rec, bonus for 50 yard tds, and small return yards awarded.

Start

QB

RB

WR

TE

2 FLEX (WR/TE/RB)

K

D

AND ONLY 4 BENCH SPOTS

I'd think Graham is very important as is a top WR or QB

Rank your top 3-5 spots to draft from with this set up.

Rank the top 5 spots you'd draft at this this set-up.

12 team, PPR league, 6 per td's, 1pt per 25 pass/ 1pt per 10 rush/rec, bonus for 50 yard tds, and small return yards awarded.

Start

QB

RB

WR

TE

2 FLEX (WR/TE/RB)

K

D

AND ONLY 4 BENCH SPOTS

I'd think Graham is very important as is a top WR or QB

Rank your top 3-5 spots to draft from with this set up.
I think Graham and the top RBs are most valuable. I would also look to nab Gronk in 3rd ....

Hey Tom could you give me some info on my 2 rosters? I see u give alot of great help.... My first roster has NO TRADES... Both are PPR, 1point for every 10 Rec/rushing yards, and 1point for every 20 Passing yards... No extra points for long passes or runs.

QB RB RB WR WR FLEX(RB/WR/TE) for both lgs

TEAM 1

Tom Brady QB NE

Matt Schuab QB HOU

Adrian Peterson RB MIN

MJD- RB JAC

Chris Ivory RB NYJ

Vick Ballard RB IND

Dwayne Bowe WR KAN

T Y Hilton WR IND

Josh Gordon WR CLE

Emanuel Sanders WR PIT

Brandon Lefell CAR

Devon Bess WR CLE

Jason Witten TE DAL

Martellus Bennett TE CHI

Matt Bryant K ATL

Denver Broncos Def/ST DEN

----------------------------------------------------

TEAM 2

Andrew Luck IND QB

Michael Vick PHI QB

Brandon Bolden NWE RB

Lamar Miller MIA RB

Mike Tolbert CAR RB

Montee Ball DEN RB

A.J. Green CIN WR

Brian Hartline MIA WR

Dez Bryant DAL WR

Roddy White ATL WR

Torrey Smith BAL WR

Antonio Gates SD TE

Brandon Pettigrew DET TE

Brent Celek PHI TE

Sebastian Janikowski DET K

Green Bay Packers

Now for team 2 I got a couple trade offers which I'm not bite'n on just yet. Such as : Dez/Ball and gates for Bush/Reggie Wayne (or bowe) and Coby Fleener..... MJD

B. green Ellis and Jeremy maclin for Roddy white and Ball

Chris Johnson for Dez

And Steven Jackson and Hakeem Nicks for Dez and a Lamar Miller (which I kinda like but I'm really high on miller and I'm trying to trade a WR for a RB , not give one of mine away I'm so short there)

Hardhitta0321 said:
Hey Tom could you give me some info on my 2 rosters? I see u give alot of great help.... My first roster has NO TRADES... Both are PPR, 1point for every 10 Rec/rushing yards, and 1point for every 20 Passing yards... No extra points for long passes or runs.

QB RB RB WR WR FLEX(RB/WR/TE) for both lgs

TEAM 1

Tom Brady QB NE

Matt Schuab QB HOU

Adrian Peterson RB MIN

MJD- RB JAC

Chris Ivory RB NYJ

Vick Ballard RB IND

Dwayne Bowe WR KAN

T Y Hilton WR IND

Josh Gordon WR CLE

Emanuel Sanders WR PIT

Brandon Lefell CAR

Devon Bess WR CLE

Jason Witten TE DAL

Martellus Bennett TE CHI

Matt Bryant K ATL

Denver Broncos Def/ST DEN

----------------------------------------------------

TEAM 2

Andrew Luck IND QB

Michael Vick PHI QB

Brandon Bolden NWE RB

Lamar Miller MIA RB

Mike Tolbert CAR RB

Montee Ball DEN RB

A.J. Green CIN WR

Brian Hartline MIA WR

Dez Bryant DAL WR

Roddy White ATL WR

Torrey Smith BAL WR

Antonio Gates SD TE

Brandon Pettigrew DET TE

Brent Celek PHI TE

Sebastian Janikowski DET K

Green Bay Packers

Now for team 2 I got a couple trade offers which I'm not bite'n on just yet. Such as : Dez/Ball and gates for Bush/Reggie Wayne (or bowe) and Coby Fleener..... MJD

B. green Ellis and Jeremy maclin for Roddy white and Ball

Chris Johnson for Dez

And Steven Jackson and Hakeem Nicks for Dez and a Lamar Miller (which I kinda like but I'm really high on miller and I'm trying to trade a WR for a RB , not give one of mine away I'm so short there)
I think you are in ok shape with both teams. The first lacks WR depth and relies on Sanders and Ivory - two injury prone players - to carry you.

In the last team, I would keep your group of WRs together and look to the waiver wire for RB help.

None of the trades help your team, just take from your wr strength without gaining a stud at rb.

Thanks a lot. I think it's more of a hit or miss , my first team couldve been alot better I took Brady and Witten to early .... I hate having the first pick I tend to take players early knowing I won't get another pick for 24 more picks . Thanks for your feed back

Hello Jeff,

Just checking in again as I start my draft prep for some drafts coming up about a month from now. Redraft

Our settings are usually something like 1qb,2rb,3wr,flex,te,d,K

I know last year you pretty much liked to get the two rbs first.(looks like Jackson or mjd in the second)

Your thoughts this year on going rb,rb or rb,wr,rb,wr,wr ....etc. I usually always wait on the Qb and te.

What are some thoughts on all of this? Last year your recommended Gonzalez and boy he paid off getting him pretty late? and Qb rounds 6-8

Thanks,

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff, qb,rb,rb,3wr's,flex,te,k d Redraft

Starting to do a lot of mocks....and Always using your rankings. I don't know who you like for qb this year waiting til after six rounds or so and te

picked third in this:

Rivers

Rothlesburger

Foster

Mjd,

Matthew

Richardson

Johnson

Gennings

Nicks

Shorts

Bey

Gates

This is the nucleous, and looking at your rankings ...what do you think? we can play 3rb's or 4wr's with the flex

Draft Dominator and rate my team didn't like it much, but I like the rb's and the wr's are decent.

One more: picking 8th:

Manning....took in the 4th in this one

Rivers

Rice

Mjd

F. Jackson

R. Williams

Helu

A. Johnson

Nicks

Jennings

M. Austin

D. Moore

O. Daniels

Baltimore

Dawson

Thanks

Hello Jeff,

Just checking in again as I start my draft prep for some drafts coming up about a month from now. Redraft

I know last year you pretty much liked to get the two rbs first.(looks like Jackson or mjd in the second)

Your thoughts this year on going rb,rb or rb,wr,rb,wr,wr ....etc. I usually always wait on the Qb and te.

What are some thoughts on all of this? Last year your recommended Gonzalez and boy he paid off getting him pretty late? and Qb rounds 6-8

Thanks,

Rob
Depending on your draft slot, but you are usually best off getting 3 RBs in first 4 rounds (with one stud WR in round 2/3), then taking WRs and a TE until there are 8 QBs gone. Kaepernick or RG3 is usually the 10th QB off the board. The one variant is taking Graham in the 2nd or Gronk in the late 3rd/early 4th. Few top TEs this year. I think these two, along with Gonzo and Witten are the elite tier. If you miss out on this group, look for Olsen or Daniels.

Hi Jeff, qb,rb,rb,3wr's,flex,te,k d Redraft

Starting to do a lot of mocks....and Always using your rankings. I don't know who you like for qb this year waiting til after six rounds or so and te

picked third in this:

Rivers

Rothlesburger

Foster

Mjd,

Matthew

Richardson

Johnson

Gennings

Nicks

Shorts

Bey

Gates

This is the nucleous, and looking at your rankings ...what do you think? we can play 3rb's or 4wr's with the flex

Draft Dominator and rate my team didn't like it much, but I like the rb's and the wr's are decent.

One more: picking 8th:

Manning....took in the 4th in this one

Rivers

Rice

Mjd

F. Jackson

R. Williams

Helu

A. Johnson

Nicks

Jennings

M. Austin

D. Moore

O. Daniels

Baltimore

Dawson

Thanks
great team. WR is very deep this year

Hello Jeff,

Thanks,

Rob
Depending on your draft slot, but you are usually best off getting 3 RBs in first 4 rounds (with one stud WR in round 2/3), then taking WRs and a TE until there are 8 QBs gone. Kaepernick or RG3 is usually the 10th QB off the board. The one variant is taking Graham in the 2nd or Gronk in the late 3rd/early 4th. Few top TEs this year. I think these two, along with Gonzo and Witten are the elite tier. If you miss out on this group, look for Olsen or Daniels.
Great advice......But If Manning fell to the fourth ........would you take him? Or where on Luck?

Here's one from last 1.12:

Forte

MJD

Nelson

Wilson

G.Jennings

RG111

Olsen

Luck

Blackman

D. Moore

Sanders

Jeffery

Cumberland...........Kind of trying that advice here.

Jeff,

Last year per your advice in a redraft-ppr I got Spiller in the 8th round.(I know he's going early this year) I think it really helped me dominate that league.

Of course in that same ppr league 11 out of the first 24 picks were wr or qb? Thoughts

Is there anyone your targeting this year around 7-10 maybe.

Thanks!

10 player, 11 player keeper league, Standard scoring no PPR, 1QB, 2 RB's, 3WR's,

My Team

QB's- Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford

RB's- R. Mathews, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, D. Sproles

WR's- V. Jackson, G. Jennings, J. Nelson, S. Johnson

TE's- J. Finley

What order would you put the following player with my team.

Montee Ball

Ahmad Bradshaw

Eric Decker

DeSean Jackson

DeAndre Hopkins.

Hey Jeff,

It's PPR dynasty.

1qb 2rb 3wr 1flex 1te 1pk 1def

My rb: ADP, Jamaal Charles, BJGE, Goodson, Tolbert

My wr: Fitz, vjax, Jennings, James jones, brandon lafell, DHB

His rb; McCoy, lynch, miller, turbin

His wr: colston, Dwayne bowe, Stevie Johnson, broyles, Brian quick, randle

I really want to upgrade my rb3 so my roster is a lot more flexible. Would vjax+BJGE be a good deal for miller+randle? To low to much?

Hello Jeff,

Thanks,

Rob
Great advice......But If Manning fell to the fourth ........would you take him? Or where on Luck?

Here's one from last 1.12:

Forte

MJD

Nelson

Wilson

G.Jennings

RG111

Olsen

Luck

Blackman

D. Moore

Sanders

Jeffery

Cumberland...........Kind of trying that advice here.
I would still wait on QB unless Peyton makes it to the 5th or 6th. Luck usually falls to 7th++

Jeff,

Last year per your advice in a redraft-ppr I got Spiller in the 8th round.(I know he's going early this year) I think it really helped me dominate that league.

Of course in that same ppr league 11 out of the first 24 picks were wr or qb? Thoughts

Is there anyone your targeting this year around 7-10 maybe.

Thanks!
Guys I like to outplay their ADPs:

MJD

Lamar Miller

David Wilson

L Bell (rookie)

R Bush (esp in PPR)

and I like Justin Forsett in the last round. He is the only backup for MJD who is still trying to get back from the foot injury

10 player, 11 player keeper league, Standard scoring no PPR, 1QB, 2 RB's, 3WR's,

My Team

TE's- J. Finley

Montee Ball

Ahmad Bradshaw

Eric Decker

DeSean Jackson

DeAndre Hopkins.
Hopkins

Ball

Bradshaw

Decker

Jackson

I love Hopkins and have had him as top rookie (for dynasty leagues) since day one.

Hey Jeff,

It's PPR dynasty.

1qb 2rb 3wr 1flex 1te 1pk 1def

My rb: ADP, Jamaal Charles, BJGE, Goodson, Tolbert

My wr: Fitz, vjax, Jennings, James jones, brandon lafell, DHB

His rb; McCoy, lynch, miller, turbin

His wr: colston, Dwayne bowe, Stevie Johnson, broyles, Brian quick, randle

I really want to upgrade my rb3 so my roster is a lot more flexible. Would vjax+BJGE be a good deal for miller+randle? To low to much?
That is a fair deal ... and I like it for you in dynasty. I would then scour the waiver wire for WR depth. Not really a fan of LaFell or DHB so I would look for the Edelman, Kerley, etc on waivers.

My Team

TE's- J. Finley

Montee Ball

Ahmad Bradshaw

Eric Decker

DeSean Jackson

DeAndre Hopkins.
Hopkins

Ball

Bradshaw

Decker

Jackson

I love Hopkins and have had him as top rookie (for dynasty leagues) since day one.
Missed out on Hopkins but got Ball and then Bradshaw in the 2nd round.

Hey Jeff

Could you rate these teams when you get time? ESPN scoring 10 team non ppr non keeper

Team 1

QB - RG3, Sam Bradford
RB/RB2 - MJD, Doug Martin
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR2 - Greg Jennings
WR3 - Danario Alexander
Flex Lamar Miller or Reggie Bush
TE - Gronk
D - 49ers
K- Dan Bailey

Bench - Lance Moore, Brian Hartline, Daryl Richardson, Pierre Thomas, Martellus Bennett, Sam Bradford

Team 2

10 team non ppr non keeper

QB - Andrew Luck
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB2 - MJD
WR1 - Demaryius Thomas
WR2 - Victor Cruz
WR3 - Stevie Johnson
TE - Jason Witten
Flex - Chris Ivory
K - Jason Tucker
D- Cardinals

Bench - Shane Vareen, Josh Gordon, Bernard Pierce, Daryl Richardson, Deandre Hopkins, Andy Dalton, Ryan Broyles

Thanks

Jeff,

I have a question about when to draft a QB. I'm in a one player keeper league and I have the 1st pick in the draft. I'll be keeping Spiller and drafting Peterson (he's free this year). After taking Peterson I won't pick again until pick 36 and 37 (1st round is the keepers and the serpentine draft starts at round 2). Five or six QBs will be kept but Brady, Ryan and one of Cam/RG3 won't be (same owner for the last 2). Should I draft one of those QBs at pick 36/37 if they fall, since I will already have two top RBs?

QBs get 6 per passing TD in this league and -1 per intro. Standard starting lineup, no flex.

TIA

Hi Jeff,

Took the 2nd round Jimmy Graham approach and struggled to find good value at WR the rest of the way. Let me know what you think. The obvious move seems to be off loading a RB or two and obtaining a better WR.

12 team, .5ppr and 6pts all TDs, QB / 2RB / 3WR / 1TE / 1IDP / 1K

Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer

McCoy, MJD, Bradshaw, D Richardson, P Thomas, Joique Bell, Bernard Pierce

Shorts, S Johnson, TY Hilton, Hopkins, Kerley, Collie

Jimmy Graham

Laurinaitis

Dawson

I'd feel fine rostering just 4 RBs in this format, but I'd have to move one of my better guys to truly get an upgrade at WR. Am I TOO reliant on Jimmy Graham at this point? (I currently have one offer out there of Bell + Pierce for Bryce Brown and Robert Woods, but that's simply to back up McCoy and Johnson).

Thanks!

Hey Jeff

Could you rate these teams when you get time? ESPN scoring 10 team non ppr non keeper

Team 1

QB - RG3, Sam Bradford

RB/RB2 - MJD, Doug Martin

WR - Brandon Marshall

WR2 - Greg Jennings

WR3 - Danario Alexander

Flex Lamar Miller or Reggie Bush

TE - Gronk

D - 49ers

K- Dan Bailey

Bench - Lance Moore, Brian Hartline, Daryl Richardson, Pierre Thomas, Martellus Bennett, Sam Bradford

Team 2

10 team non ppr non keeper

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Adrian Peterson

RB2 - MJD

WR1 - Demaryius Thomas

WR2 - Victor Cruz

WR3 - Stevie Johnson

TE - Jason Witten

Flex - Chris Ivory

K - Jason Tucker

D- Cardinals

Bench - Shane Vareen, Josh Gordon, Bernard Pierce, Daryl Richardson, Deandre Hopkins, Andy Dalton, Ryan Broyles

Thanks
both are very good teams. It pays to wait on QB. WR position will either elevate both teams or be the cause of a good, not great, season

Jeff,

I have a question about when to draft a QB. I'm in a one player keeper league and I have the 1st pick in the draft. I'll be keeping Spiller and drafting Peterson (he's free this year). After taking Peterson I won't pick again until pick 36 and 37 (1st round is the keepers and the serpentine draft starts at round 2). Five or six QBs will be kept but Brady, Ryan and one of Cam/RG3 won't be (same owner for the last 2). Should I draft one of those QBs at pick 36/37 if they fall, since I will already have two top RBs?

QBs get 6 per passing TD in this league and -1 per intro. Standard starting lineup, no flex.

TIA
I would wait on QB one more turn and look for WR/TE or WR/WR at that spot. QBs like RG3, Kaepernick, etc will drop in a 12 teamer

Hi Jeff,

Took the 2nd round Jimmy Graham approach and struggled to find good value at WR the rest of the way. Let me know what you think. The obvious move seems to be off loading a RB or two and obtaining a better WR.

12 team, .5ppr and 6pts all TDs, QB / 2RB / 3WR / 1TE / 1IDP / 1K

Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer

McCoy, MJD, Bradshaw, D Richardson, P Thomas, Joique Bell, Bernard Pierce

Shorts, S Johnson, TY Hilton, Hopkins, Kerley, Collie

Jimmy Graham

Laurinaitis

Dawson

I'd feel fine rostering just 4 RBs in this format, but I'd have to move one of my better guys to truly get an upgrade at WR. Am I TOO reliant on Jimmy Graham at this point? (I currently have one offer out there of Bell + Pierce for Bryce Brown and Robert Woods, but that's simply to back up McCoy and Johnson).

Thanks!
I think you should be fine and the waiver wire will allow someone to come out of nowhere (NE and NO situations). If worried, look to move Pierce to the Rice owner, pairing Pierce and Shorts or Johnson for a better WR. You can also move D Richardson for WR upgrade. Pierre Thomas is greatly undervalued and should serve you well. He and Bradshaw are all you should need on bench

Jeff, in your "News you can use" article, you mentioned Joe Morgan being replaced by Stills. Sorry for not knowing this, but why is Toon not in the conversation. Is it because he is way behind in the depth chart or because he is playing a different position?

Jeff, 1Qb,2rb,3wr,1flex,1te,1d,1k

I think if I could land 8-9 of your top 60 players or so....

Here's a mock I think I'd be happy with this ppr-redraft

Ray Rice, Bal

Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac3.6
Andre Johnson, Hou4.7
David Wilson, NYG5.6
Hakeem Nicks, NYG6.7
Tony Gonzalez, Atl7.6
Andrew Luck, Ind8.7
Denarius Moore, Oak9.6
Fred Jackson, Buf10.7
Justin Blackmon, Jac11.6
Stephen Hill, NYJ12.7
Julian Edelman, NE13.6
Joe Flacco, Bal14.7
Cincinnati Bengals, Cin15.6
Stephen Gostkowski, NE16.7
Justin Forsett, Jac17.6
Greg Little, CFollowing your advice? I guess some would say weak at qb and wr....but I would rather have those backs.( Like the potential in those first seven picks) I guess rounds 13 to 17 is where I lose focus sometimes.

Jeff, in your "News you can use" article, you mentioned Joe Morgan being replaced by Stills. Sorry for not knowing this, but why is Toon not in the conversation. Is it because he is way behind in the depth chart or because he is playing a different position?
Toon is playing Colston's backup while Morgan is playing the WR3, spot vacated by Devery Henderson. This is only while Morgan misses time. The Saints really do like Stills long term.

Ray Rice, Bal

Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac3.6
Andre Johnson, Hou4.7
David Wilson, NYG5.6
Hakeem Nicks, NYG6.7
Tony Gonzalez, Atl7.6
Andrew Luck, Ind8.7
Denarius Moore, Oak9.6
Fred Jackson, Buf10.7
Justin Blackmon, Jac11.6
Stephen Hill, NYJ12.7
Julian Edelman, NE13.6
Joe Flacco, Bal14.7
Cincinnati Bengals, Cin15.6
Stephen Gostkowski, NE16.7
Justin Forsett, Jac17.6
Greg Little, CFollowing your advice? I guess some would say weak at qb and wr....but I would rather have those backs.( Like the potential in those first seven picks) I guess rounds 13 to 17 is where I lose focus sometimes.
I like it. The one change I would do would be go QB instead of Fred Jackson

bighead2000 said:
Jeff,

What do you think about Pettigrew and Allen in ppr as a committee?

Or course I was reading JP's article.
I prefer other TEs, like Daniels or roll with Olsen every week. TE position seems fluky at times - since so TD dependent - so a committee can be difficult, and frustrating

Hey Jeff - Just getting back after taking the summer off from fantasy football and have some dynasty/contract league decisions to make. Always appreciate the sage advice.

12 team PPR dynasty/contract league
Start 1 QB / 1 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1Flex (RB, WR, TE) / 1 K / D

Roster
QBs: Newton, Rivers,
RBs: Peterson, J. Rodgers, J. Stewart, D. Willaims, K. Moreno
WRs: Bryant, Marshall, Nicks, S. Smith, Blackmon
TE: Hernandez, Gonzalez (will be FA, can not resign)

Picks
2013 rookie/FA picks: 1.05
2014 rookie/FA picks: 4 x first round picks

Due to league rules that aren't worth getting into the details, I can not resign Gonzalez. I can his rights or he will be thrown back into the rookie/FA pool. So I have some TE issues here.

Trades I'm looking at:
Trade 1:
I get: Gronkowski
I give: He wants one of my top WRs, Gonzalez and probably a 1st round pick to consider it.

This would solve my TE issue (assuming Gronk comes back), but since I run a "run and shoot" offense with only Peterson as my starting RB, would I be leaving myself too thin at WR? Thinking about offering Blackmon, Gonzalez, and one of my 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick next year, but not sure that will get it done.

Trade 2:
I get: Pick 1.06
I give: D. Williams and J. Stewart

The situation here is that both of these guys have expiring contracts and they are the last contracts I can sign these guys to. Each year will cost me real money plus I have to fit these years under the contract cap. This gets me "out from under" Stewart, but is whatever will be there at the 1.06 pick have enough value to me.

I'm thinking that if I can pull off both trades, I can grab a viable WR/RB at 1.05 (definitely a downgrade to someone like Marshall/Nicks for now but could be equal to a Blackmon) but have a big upgrade at TE, if you believe in Gronk.

Appreciate your thoughts on both trades as always. :thumbup:

Hello Jeff, this is my first post here and I really like this thread, keep up that good work!

Should I keep Percy Harvin as my 5th keeper? (no loss of draft pick, 12 team keeper league, no ppr, start 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1k 1def)

Other potential 5th keepers are Ryan Mathews or Steve Johnson.

Thanks!

Jeff,

TIA
I would wait on QB one more turn and look for WR/TE or WR/WR at that spot. QBs like RG3, Kaepernick, etc will drop in a 12 teamer
Thanks.

I'm assuming you think it's best to ignore another RB at the 36/37 turn because of who my top 2 RB's are? What if someone like MJD is there? Should I skip him for WR/WR or WR/TE? Going by ADP it seems like I can backs like Vereen, Sproles, Bradshaw or Lacy at the 60/61 turn, where you suggested I take a QB.

Also, will be tiers be updated anytime soon?

TIA

Ray Rice, Bal

Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac

Andre Johnson, Hou

David Wilson, NYG

Hakeem Nicks, NYG

Tony Gonzalez, Atl

Andrew Luck, Ind

Denarius Moore, Oak

Fred Jackson, Buf

Justin Blackmon, Jac

Stephen Hill, NYJ

Julian Edelman, NE

Joe Flacco, Bal

Cincinnati Bengals, Cin

Stephen Gostkowski, NE

Justin Forsett, Jac

Greg Little, C

Following your advice? I guess some would say weak at qb and wr....but I would rather have those backs.( Like the potential in those first seven picks) I guess rounds 13 to 17 is where I lose focus sometimes.

Ray Rice, Bal

Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac

Andre Johnson, Hou

David Wilson, NYG

Hakeem Nicks, NYG

Tony Gonzalez, Atl

Andrew Luck, Ind

Denarius Moore, Oak

Fred Jackson, Buf

Justin Blackmon, Jac

Stephen Hill, NYJ

Julian Edelman, NE

Joe Flacco, Bal

Cincinnati Bengals, Cin

Stephen Gostkowski, NE

Justin Forsett, Jac

Greg Little, C

Following your advice? I guess some would say weak at qb and wr....but I would rather have those backs.( Like the potential in those first seven picks) I guess rounds 13 to 17 is where I lose focus sometimes.
I think I need to quit looking at he Rate our team feature....they seem to think Rice,MJD, and Wilson are rather weak as my first three choices.

Hey Jeff - Just getting back after taking the summer off from fantasy football and have some dynasty/contract league decisions to make. Always appreciate the sage advice.

Roster

Picks

Due to league rules that aren't worth getting into the details, I can not resign Gonzalez. I can his rights or he will be thrown back into the rookie/FA pool. So I have some TE issues here.

Trades I'm looking at:
Trade 1:
I give: He wants one of my top WRs, Gonzalez and probably a 1st round pick to consider it.

This would solve my TE issue (assuming Gronk comes back), but since I run a "run and shoot" offense with only Peterson as my starting RB, would I be leaving myself too thin at WR? Thinking about offering Blackmon, Gonzalez, and one of my 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick next year, but not sure that will get it done.

Trade 2:

The situation here is that both of these guys have expiring contracts and they are the last contracts I can sign these guys to. Each year will cost me real money plus I have to fit these years under the contract cap. This gets me "out from under" Stewart, but is whatever will be there at the 1.06 pick have enough value to me.

I'm thinking that if I can pull off both trades, I can grab a viable WR/RB at 1.05 (definitely a downgrade to someone like Marshall/Nicks for now but could be equal to a Blackmon) but have a big upgrade at TE, if you believe in Gronk.

Love the second deal. On the first, I would do the deal giving Smith or Blackmon,

Hello Jeff, this is my first post here and I really like this thread, keep up that good work!

Should I keep Percy Harvin as my 5th keeper? (no loss of draft pick, 12 team keeper league, no ppr, start 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1k 1def)

Other potential 5th keepers are Ryan Mathews or Steve Johnson.

Thanks!
thanks for checking in. Definitely keep Harvin over these two as long as you can keep players indefinitely

Jeff,

TIA
Thanks.

I'm assuming you think it's best to ignore another RB at the 36/37 turn because of who my top 2 RB's are? What if someone like MJD is there? Should I skip him for WR/WR or WR/TE? Going by ADP it seems like I can backs like Vereen, Sproles, Bradshaw or Lacy at the 60/61 turn, where you suggested I take a QB.

Also, will be tiers be updated anytime soon?

TIA
My comment was more of waiting on QB while stock-piling RB/WR/TE. Since you have a solid RB corp, WR/TE will be a need, but always good to acquire RB depth like MJD if he falls.

Ray Rice, Bal

Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac

Andre Johnson, Hou

David Wilson, NYG

Hakeem Nicks, NYG

Tony Gonzalez, Atl

Andrew Luck, Ind

Denarius Moore, Oak

Fred Jackson, Buf

Justin Blackmon, Jac

Stephen Hill, NYJ

Julian Edelman, NE

Joe Flacco, Bal

Cincinnati Bengals, Cin

Stephen Gostkowski, NE

Justin Forsett, Jac

Greg Little, C

I think I need to quit looking at he Rate our team feature....they seem to think Rice,MJD, and Wilson are rather weak as my first three choices.
it is tied to Dodds' rankings ...

Jeff Tefertiller said:

Roster

Picks

Trades I'm looking at:
Trade 1:

Trade 2:

Love the second deal. On the first, I would do the deal giving Smith or Blackmon,
Guy with Gronk is insisting on Nicks, Dez, or Marshall, so I'm leaning towards not pulling the trigger there.

New offer in the same league:

So the offer is:
I get: A Gates, 2013 1.06, 40 blind bidding bucks (200 is what we start with)
He gets: D. Williams, J. Stewart, and Gonzalez

My thoughts here: I get "out from under" Williams/Stewart (since I have would have to resign both as they contracts are about to expire), get the 1.06 pick to get back to back picks this year and although I hate to rely on Gates, I get 1.05, 1.06... maybe BPA and Eifert?

What do you think, Jeff?

Jeff,

I have come out #1 going strictly by your cheat sheets in just about every draft so far.

Should be fun!

Bigger drafts coming up in a few weeks!

Jeff Tefertiller said:

Roster

Picks

Trades I'm looking at:
Trade 1:

Trade 2:

Guy with Gronk is insisting on Nicks, Dez, or Marshall, so I'm leaning towards not pulling the trigger there.

New offer in the same league:

So the offer is:
I get: A Gates, 2013 1.06, 40 blind bidding bucks (200 is what we start with)
He gets: D. Williams, J. Stewart, and Gonzalez

My thoughts here: I get "out from under" Williams/Stewart (since I have would have to resign both as they contracts are about to expire), get the 1.06 pick to get back to back picks this year and although I hate to rely on Gates, I get 1.05, 1.06... maybe BPA and Eifert?

What do you think, Jeff?
I think it is a great deal for you. The only issue is that you should take BPA in draft and then try to trade for a guy like Daniels on the cehap

Jeff,

I have come out #1 going strictly by your cheat sheets in just about every draft so far.

Should be fun!

I would caution that I swim upstream at times ... like being the only one ranking MJD high for months and now people are starting to raise him .... so use ADP to find best possible path. Take the guys you think will go earlier ...

Good luck

Jeff,

Should be fun!

I would caution that I swim upstream at times ... like being the only one ranking MJD high for months and now people are starting to raise him .... so use ADP to find best possible path. Take the guys you think will go earlier ...Good luck
Not to Worry....we both know other factors such as injury luck as well. You have never steered me wrong.

Jeff,

What do you think of Chris Johnson this year in the second round?

Thanks

Here's another one in a free league I'm in(I think I really like it)

Ray Rice

Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac

Andre Johnson, Hou

David Wilson, NYG

Tony Gonzalez, Atl

Matthew Stafford, Det

Greg Jennings, Min

Denarius Moore, Oak

Tony Romo, Dal

Justin Blackmon, Jac

Kendall Wright, Ten

Mark Ingram, NO

Pierre Thomas, NO

Matt Prater, Den

New York Giants, NYG

I think Ingram or Thomas may do well....prbly a little questionable on that.

Already drafted Tavon Austin but who would you pick out of the following.

Tyler Eifert

Robert Woods

Michael Christine

Justin Hunter

Markus Wheaton

I am up in one pick and really don't need a TE but need WR's. So who would you go with.

Already drafted Tavon Austin but who would you pick out of the following.

Tyler Eifert

Robert Woods

Michael Christine

Justin Hunter

Markus Wheaton

I am up in one pick and really don't need a TE but need WR's. So who would you go with.
Sorry I did not see this in time. Would have said Wheaton or Christine. Both are generating plenty of buzz

Jeff,

What do you think of Chris Johnson this year in the second round?

Thanks

Here's another one in a free league I'm in(I think I really like it)

Ray Rice

Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac

Andre Johnson, Hou

David Wilson, NYG

Tony Gonzalez, Atl

Matthew Stafford, Det

Greg Jennings, Min

Denarius Moore, Oak

Tony Romo, Dal

Justin Blackmon, Jac

Kendall Wright, Ten

Mark Ingram, NO

Pierre Thomas, NO

Matt Prater, Den

New York Giants, NYG

I think Ingram or Thomas may do well....prbly a little questionable on that.
I think MJD slips to the 3rd in most leagues. That is where you get a big POP. Taking a star in the 1st, then either a top RB or WR in 2nd, MJD in 3rd.

Have 5 pick in a 10 team keeper nonppr league. My pick is come down to Chris Johnson or one of Graham & Calvin. The best rb available when it gets back to me in round 2 would be David Wilson.

In round 2 at least 2 of Marshall, Fitz, VJax, Julio will be there.

Would you go with CJ1k because taking one of the pass catchers gives you a horrible rb2?

Users who are viewing this thread