What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (1 Viewer)

Colin Kaepernick $18
Jay Cutler $13
Michael Vick $9

My MO is always three QB's. Kaep seems to be a good value, with Cutler and Vick having upside. And unlike last year (stupid!) I didn't take three QBs with the same bye week! :o

Trent Richardson $27
C.J. Spiller $26
Reggie Bush $23
Eddie Lacy $16

RB seemed to have less potential at the mid-range positions, so I wanted to get starters. Obviously the cash requirements limit you if you're going with this strategy. This was probably my "stick my neck out" piece of this year's strategy. Again, four different bye weeks, so there should be at least three every week, barring injury (yeah, I know).

Dez Bryant $26
Emmanuel Sanders $12
Alshon Jeffery $11
Justin Blackmon $11
Golden Tate $10
Kenbrell Thompkins $2

I thought the sweet spot this year was in the mid-lower WRs. The fact that 98% of entrants in this contest were taking Kenbrell Thompkins (and Julius Thomas) meant that I just had to follow the crowd to keep up.

Jared Cook $15
Jermaine Gresham $9
Julius Thomas $2

I actually thought Cook was a bit too pricey, but Thomas' bargain bin price allowed me to take him.

Lawrence Tynes $3
Steve Hauschka $3
Robbie Gould $3

Three kickers have become pretty much a requirement, as did three defenses.

Arizona Cardinals $4
Baltimore Ravens $4
Washington Redskins $3

So overall, I was still tweaking late last night. The "buyer's remorse" piece of the puzzle is Justin Blackmon. Fortunately, it looks like we all breeze through the first two weeks, so I just have to get through weeks 3-4 without him. The other concern is the number of players with late bye weeks, but nobody at any position shares a bye. Fingers crossed!

Tom Brady $19 Michael Vick $9 Matt Schaub $9 ---Matt Forte $26 David Wilson $21 DeAngelo Williams $18 Joique Bell $6 Felix Jones $2 ---A.J. Green $25 Andre Johnson $21 DeSean Jackson $16 Robert Woods $6 Malcom Floyd $6 Donnie Avery $4 Kenbrell Thompkins $2 ---Fred Davis $12 Jordan Cameron $12 Luke Stocker $5 Julius Thomas $2 ---Stephen Gostkowski $5 Justin Tucker $4 Randy Bullock $4 ---San Francisco 49ers $6 Seattle Seahawks $6 Baltimore Ravens $4 :shrug:

Romo (15)

Schaub (9)

Originally had Vick instead of Schaub but too much of an injury risk to think he'd last until Romo's bye.

T Rich (27)

Spiller (26)

Forte (26)

Sproles (25)

J Bell (6)

B Powell (3)

High powered RBs, obviously. Originally had both Bush and Bell, but if Bush goes down I get another starter instead of just a replacement.

D Bryant (26)

Cruz (21)

Gordon (15)

G Tate (10)

Thompkins (2)

Short list, but sweet. Just need them to stay healthy. I wanted a bigger RB core due to greater chance of injury.

Cameron (12)

F Davis (12)

J Thomas (2)

Nugent (3)

Forbath (3)

Balt (4)

Det (3)

Smallest team I've ever entered. We'll see if it works.

Andrew Luck $16

Tony Romo $15

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C.J. Spiller $26

David Wilson $21

Eddie Lacy $16

Daryl Richardson $15

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dez Bryant $26

Andre Johnson $21

Danny Amendola $19

Chris Givens $10

Golden Tate $10

Vincent Brown $9

Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Jason Witten $23

Brent Celek $6

Julius Thomas $2

Steve Hauschka $3

Josh Brown $3

Arizona Cardinals $4

Tennessee Titans $3

So here it is...Tony Romo $15Michael Vick $9Matt Schaub $9-------------------------Trent Richardson $27David Wilson $21Eddie Lacy $16Isaac Redman $5Bilal Powell $3-------------------------Demaryius Thomas $24Andre Johnson $21Chris Givens $10Vincent Brown $9Rod Streater $6Jeremy Kerley $5Nate Washington $4Josh Morgan $3Brandon Gibson $2Kenbrell Thompkins $2-------------------------Jermichael Finley $18Jared Cook $15Kellen Winslow Jr $4Julius Thomas $2-------------------------Steve Hauschka $3Kai Forbath $3Josh Brown $3-------------------------Cincinnati Bengals $5Tennessee Titans $3Washington Redskins $3I'll post about it when I can.

-QG

[SIZE=medium]tony Romo[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mike Vick[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Brandon Weeden[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Chris Johnson[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]25[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]David Wilson[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pierre thomas[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Knowshon Moreno[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Dez Bryant[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]26[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Andre Johnson[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]21[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]TY Hilton[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]14[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Chris Givens[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Golden Tate[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Vincent Brown[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jason Avant[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kenbrell Thompkins[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jermichael Finley[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]18[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jordan Cameron[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Antonio Gates[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Julius Thomas[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Robbie Gould[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Alex Henery[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Ryan Succop[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Colts[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Saints [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin Kaepernick $18 Matt Schaub $9 Michael Vick $9

QB - Went with two upside risks in Kap & Vick and added Schaub for safety. Felt like he was good value

Trent Richardson $27 David Wilson $21 Eddie Lacy $16 Daryl Richardson $15 RB - Wanted guys with potential to blow up with TRich & Wilson. In the past I've tried to fill in with cheap guys, but didn't want to be stuck without a viable option if Wilson or Richardson miss time, so took two of the least expensive starters.

Demaryius Thomas $24 Andre Johnson $21 Miles Austin $14 Denarius Moore $11 Vincent Brown $9 Kenbrell Thompkins $2

WR - Really saw a lot of great options here, so paid close attention to bye weeks and took some big names with value. Also went with high upside in Austin & Moore. Couldn't pass up the value in Brown and Thompkins.

Jason Witten $23 Jordan Cameron $12

TE - Most of my previous entries had Graham, but felt like the $8 from him to Witten could help a lot at RB, so I made the switch. I hate only having two, but couldn't find another place to skimp. Probably should have dropped down at QB, but I really liked what I had there.

Josh Brown $3 Kai Forbath $3 Steve Hauschka $3 PK - I am a big believer in the 3 cheap kicker system due to volatility and it has served me well in the past, so I couldn't change it.

Arizona Cardinals $4 Carolina Panthers $3 Tennessee Titans $3 DEF - Same philosophy as PK, but had an extra dollar left so upgraded a team here.

I'm concerned about my RB's a bit, but like actually having 4 starters for a change and am nervous about only 2 TE's. Outside of that I feel very solid at QB and WR.

Let's get it on!!!

Really having buyers remorse going with Calvin this year over Dez + something else, especially since I could have traded out San Fran/Seattle for some cheaper defenses to free up even more. I'm convinced Dez is going to have a huge year and I could have used some more depth for possible flex help.

All that being said lots of short rosters this year, which makes me feel a bit better about my strategy. It was a real challenge to not stick with a 25+ man roster.

Week 9 byes still going to kill me.

Oh, and now I'm seeing why I didn't go with Wilson earlier. Way to go having both QBs off week 12. Ah well, that's what I get for making last second changes. Better luck next year!

Just as an FYI, I've upgraded the stats accuracy over the offseason and will be loading all the teams into ffltools.com/fbg35k again this year.

I am making one change however, in the past I have asked for donations. I appreciate all that have donated throughout the years! This year, I will be charging a small fee on a per-team basis. I know this will not be the most popular decision, but when I started with the Gameday Tracker, it was a hobby, but with a couple kids now etc.. I don't have the time I used to and I need to recoup some costs if I am going to continue to support this app.

Good luck to all in the contest, I really look forward to this one every year!

Looks like I missed the boat on Julius Thomas. Haven't spent as much time in the pool as previous years and totally missed out on the word on him.

Really feeling good about having Gronk in my lineup especially with the free pass the first two weeks. Really surprised he wasn't on more rosters.

GIMMIE MY STUDS!!!!

QB: Brady / Bradford

RB: Rice / McCoy / MJD / Lacy

WR: Dez / Green / D Thomas / V Brown / Thompkins

TE: Witten / Stocker / Thomas

K: Forbath / Hauschka

D: Lions / Colts

The last 4 years I've gone with a big roooster and ended up having so much dead money that never counted. Instead of adding $10 plugs who might score once or twice, I'm taking the studs who should be scoring almost every week. Injuries be damned. Byes worked out great. Not a single week where I'm missing two guys at any position.

I changed my roster right before midnight last night, and then fell asleep and had a nightmare that I put Weeden on my team. I awoke this morning to find out it was real. :o

Romo

Weeden

I think the Browns will throw a lot so I decided to give Weeden a chance at his blue light special cost, but I'm a little uneasy that during Romo's bye the Browns play the Bengals. Don't let me down, Brandon!! If I make it that far

Ray Rice

Trent Richardson

MJD

David Wilson

MJD and Wilson have the same bye, but I'm fine with that since they are my only week 9 teams.

Dez Bryant

AJ Green

Andre Johnson

Chris Givens

Nate Washington

Donnie Avery

Kenbrell Thompkins

I don't know about KT, but the rest are starters so they made the team.

Jordan Cameron

Brent Celek

Anthony Fasano

Julius Thomas

I have 3 Browns playing in important positions...WTH was I thinking. :doh:

Hauschka, Forbath, Brown

Panthers, Chargers

I hope my guys stay healthy. I think this year we will see more players being out over a week from concussions.

Go Team!! All of my players will be consuming my new super duper organic protein power magic muscle shakes. :football:

QB Luck - $16

QB Vick - $9

QB Ponder - $7

RB Richardson - $27

RB McCoy - $27

RB Ridley - $21

RB M Bush - $8

RB J Bell - $6

WR D Thomas - $24

WR D Amendola - $19

WR L Moore - $14

WR V Brown - $9

WR Heyward-Bey - $7

WR Wheaton - $5

WR Thompkins - $2

TE Gonzalez - $21

TE Eifert - $7

PK Gostkowski - $5

PK Dawson - $5

PK Gould - $3

DST SF - $6

DST SEA – $6

DST ARI - $4

[SIZE=medium]Tony Romo $15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jay Cutler $13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Michael Vick $9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]---------------------------[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lamar Miller $23[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]David Wilson $21[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Eddie Lacy $16[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Daryl Richardson $15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Joique Bell $6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Roy Helu $6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Danny Amendola $19[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cecil Shorts $17[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]T.Y. Hilton $14[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Chris Givens $10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Golden Tate $10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Markus Wheaton $5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Dexter McCluster $3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kenbrell Thompkins $2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Fred Davis $12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jordan Cameron $12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Luke Stocker $5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kai Forbath $3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Steve Hauschka $3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]New York Giants $4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Baltimore Ravens $4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Detroit Lions $3[/SIZE]

Really feeling good about having Gronk in my lineup especially with the free pass the first two weeks. Really surprised he wasn't on more rosters.
I thought long and hard about Gronk, but I simply can't trust him to be healthy at the end of the year. I've been pretty consistent about breezing through the first weeks and then getting chopped a week or two before they start handing out prizes. Just couldn't see myself relying on him at that point in the season.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
(HULK) said:
It's killing me that I don't have Josh Gordon on my team right now. I UST can't do it with the byes and have it make sense.
"Hmm, I don't have Josh Gordon. Should I have Josh Gordon? What does HULK know that I don't?" Make 3 changes to my roster to fit Josh Gordon on. Realize my byes are all messed up now. Make 6 more changes to fix that. Decide I'm no longer comfortable with just 3 TEs. Make 10 more changes to add another TE. Realize my byes are once again messed up. Drop MJD, upgrade my QB2 and pick up another kicker. Downgrade a TE to add a $3 WR who I'm suddenly convinced is a must-own player. Left with $1. Think about how satisfying it would be to win the contest with a $249 entry. Submit entry and close Excel. Think about how painful it would be to get eliminated early with an extra dollar that went unused. Open Excel. Trade Brady for Luck, Wilson for Forte, Hilton for Givens, Gates for Finley, Hauschka for Forbath, Forte for Ridley, and add six defenses. End up with a roster that looks nothing like what I started with and doesn't even have Josh Gordon on it. Get eliminated in week six. Look forward to doing it all over again in 2014.
Quickly jumps into the running for post of the year.

I went with a small team, but went big. Little nervous at RB though.

Peyton Manning $23
Tony Romo $15
LeSean McCoy $27
Matt Forte $26
Reggie Bush $23
Joique Bell $6
Lance Dunbar $3
Dez Bryant $26
A.J. Green $25
Demaryius Thomas $24
Kenbrell Thompkins $2
Jimmy Graham $31
Anthony Fasano $2
Julius Thomas $2
Greg Zuerlein $4
Adam Vinatieri $3
Atlanta Falcons $4
Baltimore Ravens $4

IGGY'S UNOFFICIAL CONTEST STATS:

(I need to figure out how to format stuff on this new board...)

Code:
SIZE ENTRIES18 550519 201420 162021 115022 103223 82524 62325 48326 33227 25328 16529 16030 236TOT 14398

Top 20 most-owned players:

Player Count Pct

Kenbrell Thompkins 7755 53.9%

Michael Vick 6199 43.1%

David Wilson 5064 35.2%

Eddie Lacy 5058 35.1%

Dez Bryant 4482 31.1%

Tony Romo 4479 31.1%

Seattle Seahawks 4453 30.9%

Julius Thomas 4037 28.0%

Jordan Cameron 3879 26.9%

C.J. Spiller 3829 26.6%

Randy Bullock 3747 26.0%

Danny Amendola 3473 24.1%

Steve Hauschka 3471 24.1%

Chris Givens 3470 24.1%

Vincent Brown 3322 23.1%

Reggie Bush 3175 22.1%

Jimmy Graham 3049 21.2%

LeSean McCoy 2910 20.2%

Andrew Luck 2843 19.7%

T.Y. Hilton 2836 19.7%

I'm swinging for the fences with my entry:

QB

Kaepernick

Vick

Both have crazy high ceilings and I think Kaep could even put up 750+ rushing yards this year. Health could be a risk but you gotta take risks somewhere. Assuming Vick is still healthy for Kaep's bye (week 9) I like the matchup against the raiders there.

RB

Doug Martin

CJ Spiller

Reggie Bush

Eddie Lacy

Stud city at RB. I expect at least 3 if not all 4 to contribute every week. Went with guys who should be the main workhorse and also get lots of targets. Reggie Bush might get over 100 catches this year if he stays on the field. None of them share a bye week and none of them have the same bye week as ANY of my WRs!

WR

Dez Bryant

Julio Jones

Andre Johnson

Chris Givens

Kenbrell Thompkins

Stud city again. Only Dez and Givens share a bye week. I'm expecting the Dez dispenser to put up crazy numbers this year and Julio and Johnson to contribute on a weekly basis. I think Givens screams value and should contribute occasionally. Had to take Kenbrell to keep up with everybody else just in case

TE

Jordan Cameron

David Ausberry

Julius Thomas

Went super cheap here and it might hurt me. I'm all aboard the Cameron hype train and hoping he puts up numbers like he did in the preseason. Ausberry was big value for $4 and I'm hoping Pryor/Flynn check down to him all day. Meyers did well in Oakland last year so there is potential. Julius Thomas was obvious

K

Garret Hartley

Josh Brown

Decided to only go 2 Ks and pick up Ausberry. They have different bye weeks and should have plenty of kicking opportunities. I would hate to lose because I didn't roster 3 of them but oh well

DEF

Houston

Cincinnati

Carolina

Houston and Cincy's schedules line up so nicely, I had to take them. Loving the upside play of the Panthers D but apparently I'm not the only one. Seems like a lot of guys played them.

All in all I feel pretty good. If everyone stays healthy, I think I've got a chance!

How do I paste in a nicely-formatted table from Excel/Access on this board? On the old board I could just put it in code tags and everything would line up in tab-delimited columns, but that doesn't seem to be working...

This the first year I've tried to analyze the contest to death as opposed to winging it. The number one stat I wanted to incorporate was consistency, so I looked for guys that perennially score in top %s by position week over week. BTW, weeks 8, 9, and 12 can go suck an egg; every single "value" move I wanted to make conflicted with my starters.

Peyton Manning 23
Matt Schaub 9

QB $32 - Peyton (bye 9) gains a great new toy with Welker; I find no reason but injury to keep him out of top 5 QB production. At his price I thought he was a very safe include, compared to saving $4 on Brady and having more potential for flop weeks. Schaub (bye 8) plays Indy at home on Manning's bye, and I MIGHT be able to make it to the playoffs on the tails of Schaub throwing to Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and Deandre Hopkins if Peyton were to get injured. (That's opposed to spending the same amount of money on the health-risk that is Vick or less on the question mark of EJ Manuel.)
----------------------
Trent Richardson 27
Marshawn Lynch 25
Darren Sproles 25
Eddie Lacy 16

RB $93 - Four starters, 2 and a half studs, with Sproles approaching stud status in PPR. The final compelling appeal of Sproles and Richardson are their week 7 and 10 byes, respectively. My aim is to start Lynch (bye 12), Sproles, and Richardson every week they are available.
----------------------
Brandon Marshall 27
Wes Welker 19
Golden Tate 10
Brian Hartline 9
Kenbrell Thompkins 2

WR $67 - Brandon Marshall (bye 8) was a consistency pick; he had top 20 performances in over 80% of weeks last year. With Cutler still behind center, nothing looks to change in Chicago. I consciously took Welker (bye 9) fully aware of his bye week implications, and think the risk is worth the price. I look for Welker to really hit it off with Peyton and put up top 20 numbers over 60% of the time. Tate (bye 12) and Hartline (bye 6) were picked based upon being in the same offense with the same QB. The Kenbrell Thompkins (bye 10) pick has been explained ad nauseum; I just aim to plug him in when everybody else would have, honestly.
----------------------
Jason Witten 23
Tony Gonzalez 21
Julius Thomas 2

TE $46 - Had only Witten (bye 11) with a cheap filler and Thomas (bye 9) for a long while. Witten I feel is great value in PPR, the only downside there has ever been with him is TDs. Tony Gonzalez (bye 6) I hope proves to be ageless once again; his consistency numbers in PPR leagues has been better than average in the past several seasons. I look for Witten and Gonzalez to count towards my total every week they are available.
----------------------
Steve Hauschka 3
Josh Brown 3

Philadelphia Eagles 3
Tennessee Titans 3

K $6 and D $6 - Rolling the dice with two Kickers and Defenses apiece. Knew the cons, decided I'd rather make my points up in other positions that can score in more spots.

----------------------

My roughest bye is week 9, when Peyton and Welker sit. Hopefully, home games for all 3 of my cheap WRs prove enough to cover, and Schaub doesn't lay an egg at home against Indianapolis. Week 12 I do have 4 positions sitting, but Lynch I hope proves to be the only one I miss that week.

I just spent 30 minutes talking about why I picked my Powerball numbers. :lmao:

What % own Gronk?

Top 20 most-owned players:

Player Count Pct

Kenbrell Thompkins 7755 53.9%

Michael Vick 6199 43.1%

David Wilson 5064 35.2%

Eddie Lacy 5058 35.1%

Dez Bryant 4482 31.1%

Tony Romo 4479 31.1%

Seattle Seahawks 4453 30.9%

Julius Thomas 4037 28.0%

Jordan Cameron 3879 26.9%

C.J. Spiller 3829 26.6%

Randy Bullock 3747 26.0%

Danny Amendola 3473 24.1%

Steve Hauschka 3471 24.1%

Chris Givens 3470 24.1%

Vincent Brown 3322 23.1%

Reggie Bush 3175 22.1%

Jimmy Graham 3049 21.2%

LeSean McCoy 2910 20.2%

Andrew Luck 2843 19.7%

T.Y. Hilton 2836 19.7%

Drew Brees $26
Tom Brady $19

Marshawn Lynch $25
David Wilson $21
DeAngelo Williams $18
Eddie Lacy $16
Daryl Richardson $15

A.J. Green $25
Danny Amendola $19
Vincent Brown $9
Nate Burleson $5
Nate Washington $4
Jerome Simpson $3
Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Ed Dickson $9
Heath Miller $8
David Ausberry $ 4
Anthony Fasano $2
Julius Thomas $2

Kai Forbath $3
Graham Gano $3
Caleb Sturgis $3

Carolina Panthers $3
Washington Redskins $3
New Orleans Saints $3

Here's my squad, took some risks:

QB is my weakest spot, didn't want to risk Vick. Eli stays on the field and puts up good best ball numbers, and I like Weeden this year. Health is consistency I wanted @ QB.

Eli Manning $14
Brandon Weeden $8

Went with what I felt was the best value @ RB. Gio probably won't contribute till later in the year which is when I need him.

Trent Richardson $27
David Wilson $21
Giovani Bernard $16
Daryl Richardson $15
Roy Helu $6
Bilal Powell $3

Excited about Gordon in this contest, especially since the first 2 weeks are free anyway. Sanders is going to be PPR gold for $12 if healthy. Amendola will be huge but he's a big injury risk.

Danny Amendola $19
Josh Gordon $15
Emmanuel Sanders $12
Chris Givens $10
Brandon LaFell $7
Kenbrell Thompkins $2

TE is the spot I'm most excited about - wanted to pay the piper for Graham/Gronk and think that one of them will be flex every week. The free 2 weeks really helps the Gronk situation, and I'm hoping I'll be one of the few teams with that combo. I'll wait for Iggy's program to see if that's the case.

Jimmy Graham $31
Rob Gronkowski $24
Julius Thomas $2

Firm believer in the 3 K, 3 D/ST strategy - just picked what I felt was the best value there.

Steve Hauschka $3
Ryan Succop $3
Josh Brown $3

Indianapolis Colts $3
Washington Redskins $3
New Orleans Saints $3

Now it's down to surviving week 10 and the luck factor.

Iggy- that's awesome how you can figure all that out!

I wonder if there are any identical rosters?? Did anyone submit the exact same team as someone else?

QB Andrew Luck 16
QB Sam Bradford 10

Went with two bargain values playes who have the potential to put up big numbers. They have different bye weeks. Really like the new toys that Bradford has to play with this year.

RB Trent Richardson 27
RB David Wilson 21
RB Giovani Bernard 16
RB Daryl Richardson 15

Like the value here, with three good starters, and I expect that by week 6, a lot of folks are going to wish they'd picked Bernard instead of Lacy. Wilson wasn't on any of my teams until Brown went down. No over-lapping bye weeks.

WR Dez Bryant 26
WR AJ Green 25
WR Danny Amendola 19
WR Chris Givens 10
WR Vincent Brown 9
WR Kendrel Thompkins 2

Dez Bryant was the very first player I added to my very first entry, and never waivered or reconsidered. Between him and Green, I think I have my 2 WR starters locked up for most weeks, with all three of the supporting cast capable of Flex or occasional starter value.

TE Jared Coook 15
TE Jordan Cameron 12
TE Tyler Eifert 7
TE Julius Thomas 2

Initially had Fred Davis, but dropped him to add Eifert/Thomas, which freed up $3 to add a thrid Defense. In retrospect, I'd have dropped one WR (probably Brown), and then upgraded Eifert.

PK Laurence Tynes 3
PK Josh Brown 3
PK Kai Forbath 3

Three kickers is the way to go.

TD Colts 3
TD Bills 3
TD Lions 3

Glad I could add the Bills, as I think Marquis Goodwin will be one of the best kickoff return guys this year and will take several to the house.

TE is the spot I'm most excited about - wanted to pay the piper for Graham/Gronk and think that one of them will be flex every week. The free 2 weeks really helps the Gronk situation, and I'm hoping I'll be one of the few teams with that combo. I'll wait for Iggy's program to see if that's the case.
130 entries have both Graham and Gronk.

RBs

Spiller $26

Lynch $25

Lacy $16

Richardson $15

Michael $5

Jones $2

WRs

Jackson $16

Rice $10

Streater $6

Woods $6

Wheaton $5

Thompkins $2

Hunter $2

D

Seattle $6

Houston $5

NO $3
Week 12 could be a problem
Ouch! I avoided week 12 byes like the plague. The cut % is dramatically increased that week.
The wk12 cutline is still going to be low though with so many studs on bye at the same time.

Tony Romo

Carson Palmer

Matt Schaub

LeSean McCoy

Marshawn Lynch

Maurice Jones-Drew

DeMarco Murray

Joique Bell

Chris Polk

Larry Fitzgerald

Cecil Shorts

Sidney Rice

Brian Hartline

Vincent Brown

Rod Streater

Kenbrell Thompkins

Fred Davis

Brent Celek

Julius Thomas

Steve Hauschka

Robbie Gould

Alex Henery

Indianapolis Colts

Detroit Lions

Great posts Iggy! i ended up with this...

Andrew Luck $16

Michael Vick $9

Trent Richardson $27

CJ Spiller $26

David Wilson $21

Joique Bell $6

Bilal Powell $3

AJ Green $25

Demaryius Thomas $24

Andre Johnson $21

Justin Blackmon $11

Vincent Brown $9

Kenbrell Thompkins $2

Rob Gronkowski $24

Tyler Eifert $7

Julius Thomas $2

Randy Bullock $4

Steve Hauschka $3

TD Cincinnati Bengals $5

TD Houston Texans $5

How do I paste in a nicely-formatted table from Excel/Access on this board? On the old board I could just put it in code tags and everything would line up in tab-delimited columns, but that doesn't seem to be working...
Click the little switch icon on the upper left of the formatting tools. Seems to work better that way...

Anyone else wish they could change their rooster? Wish I could have spared a little and upgraded from Gonzo to Gronk, while keeping Witten.

Who's the most common player at each position?

Guesses:

QB: Vick

RB: J Bell (? really not sure)

WR: Thompkins

TE: J Thomas (although Ausberry could be 2nd)

Anyone else wish they could change their rooster? Wish I could have spared a little and upgraded from Gonzo to Gronk, while keeping Witten.
Second thoughts about Cam, could have kept Brees for just a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread