What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me choose my new title (1 Viewer)

What about Chief Administrative Officer? It is a high level position in banking but not sure if it translates.

If not then Head Schvantz in Charge
:lmao:

I like the sound of that, but I'm also unsure if it translates. Need to do more research there. I love Head Schvantz in Charge. Truth be told, I'd personally rather have that on my card than anything official, I just don't think it's very smart. :lol:
I was actually going to suggest that.

I am in IT consulting, one of my customers just pulled a reorganization when their CIO resigned. The person who is essentially their Chief Operating Office (and will continue to act as such) was just promoted to Senior VP of the company (the first time they have ever had that role): his new title is Chief Administrative Officer. He will have 80% of the company reporting to him.

I agree, that it is a bit odd sounding, but it looks like it applies outside of banking.
CIO could work, as well.

Make your first name your title, like Shaq or Lebron.

"Who's that?"

"Dave."

"What's he do?"

"He's our Dave."

"Oh."

I wonder if I could get away with CAO or CIO. Close call. From my research, it appears both those titles are roughly equivalent to COO, but I still report to the COO, so I don't know if he would approve that or not. Might look kind of ballsy to suggest, but I like the sound of those. VP of Business Development sounds good, but I think it's too closely tied into sales, which is the one area not under my domain.

King of Heavy Metal

Master of Disaster

God of Thunder

In Greece he spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein!

I wonder if I could get away with CAO or CIO. Close call. From my research, it appears both those titles are roughly equivalent to COO, but I still report to the COO, so I don't know if he would approve that or not. Might look kind of ballsy to suggest, but I like the sound of those. VP of Business Development sounds good, but I think it's too closely tied into sales, which is the one area not under my domain.
CIAO

Señor Peter Principle

I'd also accept Sultan, but hinting that you speak Spanish is more valuable than Arabic.

Last edited by a moderator:
VP of Customer Service, Purchasing, Information Technology, Pricing, Margin Analysis, Shipping and Logistics

see how many lines that would take on your business card

CIO reports to other C-suite positions in many cases so that should not be a problem, if thats the identity you want. Most people that have IT in addition to other functions don't put IT in the title, unless its CIO. "Hi I am VP-Supply Chain, but I also have IT". Purchasing and customer service are also a part of supply chain or logistics in some companies. Don't put "back office" in the title. It seems to becoming more common to put multiple functions in the title also but I'm not a fan of it. How about Sr VP Logistics or Sr VP Logistics/CIO if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread