What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Frontman of All Time (2 Viewers)

Mercury, Bono, and Jagger are 1, 2a and 2b.

Tyler wouldn't be in my top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has to be Steve Tyler, right?

Who else you got?
David Johansen?

eta* Mike Monroe. But Mercury and Jagger are pretty much solidified on Mt. Rushmore, I think.
Is Tyler really not there with Freddie and Mick?

In my lifetime, I'm hard pressed to remember a better frontman. 4 decades of killing it.
I think my opinion is because he borrowed so much from Johansen. But regardless, he -- Tyler -- is damn good. Also, I'm a huge NY Dolls fan and just watched a documentary about them literally an hour ago, so...there's that.

:thumbup: just who I was thinking of as an off the wall choice. Not as "great" as Jager or Plant but certainly Scott deserves some props. Hell, David Lee Roth deserves a mention as well especially before some of the other jamokes mentioned..

Ann Wilson acquits herself pretty well as the top female frontman. Just watching a lot of Heart on YouTube lately, and thought I'd throw that out there. At the top of her game, not many better.

rockaction said:
Ann Wilson acquits herself pretty well as the top female frontman. Just watching a lot of Heart on YouTube lately, and thought I'd throw that out there. At the top of her game, not many better.
She was really good. I recently read the Wilson sisters autobiography. They got their start in live performance by doing Zeppelin covers. It was supposed to be a gimmick, but Ann could hit every note that Plant could.

rockaction said:
She was really good. I recently read the Wilson sisters autobiography. They got their start in live performance by doing Zeppelin covers. It was supposed to be a gimmick, but Ann could hit every note that Plant could.
I have to admit, I have a massive crush on '77 Ann Wilson. :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gpNqB4dnT4 Nancy kicks out the jams at 5:09, too, so that's a treat.

eta* Actually would be interested in that book. Raised in a liberal, sort of hippie church in the sixties, Led Zep covers, married to their band-mates, all that stuff.

rockaction said:
Stevie Nicks pretty good as well. Love Anne Wilson, they drifted a bit in the 80s but found their souls later in life. The last 10 years they have been hitting it pretty hard, re-doing a couple songs that were commercial success in the 80s but pushed some of their core fas away who returned in droves.

rockaction said:
I have to admit, I have a massive crush on '77 Ann Wilson. :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gpNqB4dnT4 Nancy kicks out the jams at 5:09, too, so that's a treat.
I'm a Barracuda man myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bt_-R5LInU

Just had a moment to think about this. How about a sort of punk rock underdog list?

Iggy Pop

David Johansen

John Lydon

Joey Ramone

Heck, does it get any better than Iggy?

eta* Jello Biafra?

Mercury

Roth

Bono

I will leave room for one current frontman that is too early to be an all time guy, but either of these guys could be by the time thier career is over:

Matt Bellamy

Jack White

Kid Rock put on the best concert I've seen. Soldier field - I think he played 5 or 6 different instruments.

Tough to argue against most mentioned. Roth was a good frontman but his serious lack of vocal chops keeps him off the list for me. I am a huge VH fan so it is not that I hate VH or Roth either.

I would add Bruce Dickenson to the top 10 list. Guy still brings it.

I don't even like Kid Rock very much, but whatever "it" is -- he's got it. Hands down the most stage presence of anyone I've seen.

Not sure how anyone gets away from Mick Jagger on this one though. Combination of historical significance, longevity and skill has him running away with it IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread