What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I cant stand my girlfriends mothers cooking (1 Viewer)

MC Gas Money

Footballguy
2-3 nights a week I spend at her place and her mom cooks dinner. I hate 80% of the food she makes. Everything has way too much salt and she uses spice mixes that taste like dust from the couch cushions. Her meat is always overcooked.

I like a few things she majes but most ofbthe time I choke it down as best I can and it always gives me indigestion because of these crazy spices. One time she made goulash and I couldnt get past a single bite and had no choice to tell her I didnt like it. She was cordial about it but my gf said she shed a few tears in her room.

I cant take it anymore. How do I approach this situation? I dont want to eat anything this woman makes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=medium]Have you ever went over a friends house to eat[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And the food just ain't no good?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] The macaroni's soggy, the peas are mushed,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And the chicken tastes like wood[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] So you try to play it off like you think you can[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] By saying that you're full[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And then your friend says, "Mama, he's just being polite[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] He ain't finished, uh-uh, that's bull!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] So your heart starts pumpin' and you think of a lie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And you say that you already ate[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And your friend says "Man, there's plenty of food"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] So you pile some more on your plate[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] While the stinky food's steamin', your mind starts to dreamin'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] Of the moment that it's time to leave[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And then you look at your plate and your chicken's slowly rottin'[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] Into something that looks like cheese[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] Oh so you say "That's it, I gotta leave this place[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] I don't care what these people think,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] I'm just sittin' here makin' myself nauseous[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] With this ugly food that stinks"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] So you bust out the door while it's still closed[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] Still sick from the food you ate[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And then you run to the store for quick relief[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] From a bottle of Kaopectate[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And then you call your friend two weeks later[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] To see how he has been[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] And he says, "I understand about the food,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] Baby Bubba, but we're still friends"[/SIZE]

Ever considered banging the table, cussing and calling everyone over to look at the food? The cry about how it's over cook and just say "look at that".

Im 30 and so is she.

Yeah she lives with her parents and we are planning to get a place together as soon as we can.

Eat modest amounts, choke it down and be polite.

Make sure and host as many holiday meals as possible (if you or girlfriend like cooking ...).

OR have holiday meals out if possible.

Keep your mouth shut.

I wouldn't be worried about her living at home. I would worry that the mom cried because someone didn't like her tater tot hot dish.

My mother in law is an amazing cook. Every night its homemade lasagna, stuffed peppers, chicken enchiladas, pork tenderloin, etc. She's a magician. She makes a freaking mess in there every time, but the results are fantastic.

However, she can be a nag and thinks alcohol is the devil.

Give and take, man, give and take.

I dont want to eat anything this woman makes.
Might be a problem in the whole relationship thing.And, grow up, man up, or get out. Complaining about free food? Lol.
My bowels pay for it.

She doesnt let anyone else in the kitchen. My girl barely knows how to cook because her mom wont let anyone else help.

Ive asked my girl if I could cook for them one day but she said her mother would be offendedm

How many meals per week are at home with her parents?

ETA: Saw 2-3 per week.

Man up and eat less at home. If your gf wants to eat that many days per week with her parents AND still lives at home at 30....RUN.

Make sure and host as many holiday meals as possible (if you or girlfriend like cooking ...).

Keep your mouth shut.
I like to cook but I cant there. I bring small snacks for myself if im spending a couple days.

Eating out is not an option

Keep your mouth shut.
I like to cook but I cant there. I bring small snacks for myself if im spending a couple days.

Uh, oh. Sounds like this is a sucking vortex of fishing, but lets give it one more shot and clarify.

- while you are forced to eat there because you and girlfriend don't have a place ...quit eating there as often, and when you do eat there, eat a modest amount - enough to be polite

- when you two move out, when you HAVE to eat with them (holidays and such), try and host as many of those meals as possible at your place or have the family meet at a restaurant

Keep your mouth shut.
I like to cook but I cant there. I bring small snacks for myself if im spending a couple days.Eating out is not an option
Uh, oh. Sounds like this is a sucking vortex of fishing, but lets give it one more shot and clarify.

- while you are forced to eat there because you and girlfriend don't have a place ...quit eating there as often, and when you do eat there, eat a modest amount - enough to be polite

- when you two move out, when you HAVE to eat with them (holidays and such), try and host as many of those meals as possible at your place or have the family meet at a restaurant
Im definitely planning on hosting on holidays. We ate one holiday at her aunts and she was a terrible cook as well (im pretty sure bajed ziti isnt supposed to be brown).

Often though I cant eat even a polite amount because its so over seasoned. I usually go raid the fridge when the parents go to bed

The important things is whether or not your girlfriend has learned/inherited her crappy cooking skills.
She doesnt know how to make anything complicated. I dont care though because I told her id prefer to do most of the cooking if we live together.
We'll see how long that lasts.
I love to cook so it will be fine. We have already discussed that I will handle the kitchen and shr can handle cleaning the rest of the place abd laundry if we live together

Make up some ailment about acid reflux or something and say your Dr said no more spicy food. Let her know that the abundance of spices she uses make you sick and you've realized that is the reason most dishes don't sit right with you. This will always give you an out...putting the blame on the spices and not on her actual overall cooking. Suggest her making a side batch without the spices and then you can add whatever you want after.

So this is the alias of that mentally unstable death metal wannabe singer kid who got run out of here earlier this year, right?

Make up some ailment about acid reflux or something and say your Dr said no more spicy food. Let her know that the abundance of spices she uses make you sick and you've realized that is the reason most dishes don't sit right with you. This will always give you an out...putting the blame on the spices and not on her actual overall cooking. Suggest her making a side batch without the spices and then you can add whatever you want after.
This might work. I hope she doesnt feel like she caused it

Who cares if she feels like she caused it. There's no way to prove it either way...it's the reality of the current situation so you both now work together on a solution to help it. Moving forward though, you just blame that damn acid reflux and it won't be a personal attack on the mom.

Keep your mouth shut.

Wait... you're 30 years old and spending several days in a row with your GF at her mommy and daddy's house? It's bad enough but understandable that a 30yo woman would be living with her folks. It's assinine that you would stay there for multiple nights.

My current GF lived 2 hours away when we first started dating. When I would visit her family, I would get a hotel room even if it was only for one night. It what a grown ### man should do.

And why is dining out not an option? Shoot the lock off your wallet and take her family to dinner, dude. You're 30. This shouldn't be difficult.

Keep your mouth shut.
I like to cook but I cant there. I bring small snacks for myself if im spending a couple days.Eating out is not an option
Wait... you're 30 years old and spending several days in a row with your GF at her mommy and daddy's house? It's bad enough but understandable that a 30yo woman would be living with her folks. It's assinine that you would stay there for multiple nights.

My current GF lived 2 hours away when we first started dating. When I would visit her family, I would get a hotel room even if it was only for one night. It what a grown ### man should do.

And why is dining out not an option? Shoot the lock off your wallet and take her family to dinner, dude. You're 30. This shouldn't be difficult.
Mine lives 2 hours away and not everyone can afford hotel rooms and restaurants

Who cares if she feels like she caused it. There's no way to prove it either way...it's the reality of the current situation so you both now work together on a solution to help it. Moving forward though, you just blame that damn acid reflux and it won't be a personal attack on the mom.
Im going to try it. I think she has already noticed I keep a bottle of Mylanta in my girls room

Ask for the 20% you don't hate, and compliment her for it. Refuse the 80% you hate. And don't be so passive.

Users who are viewing this thread