What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pitt RB situation (2 Viewers)

stlrams

Footballguy
I'm hearing Pittsburgh wants to keep L Bell fresh and plans to use Blount. What % split is everyone thinking??

My guess (and it's purely a guess) is 65/35 rushing in favor of Bell, with Bell getting nearly all of the passing work. I may be in the minority around here, but I'm pretty high on Bell this year.

Modog814 said:
My guess (and it's purely a guess) is 65/35 rushing in favor of Bell, with Bell getting nearly all of the passing work. I may be in the minority around here, but I'm pretty high on Bell this year.
Who gets GL?

Modog814 said:
Who gets GL?
I continue with my guess that Bell gets 65/35 of GL. I try not to read too much into Coach speak until I see it on the field. Bell was just as good as Blount last year on the GL, with Blount playing on a much better run blocking team. No doubt he'll steal some TD's from Bell but I think this whole Blount involvement thing is overblown. Bell is the better back (imo at least), his efficiency numbers will improve thanks to the return of Pouncey and just getting more experience, and he's by far the better receiving back.

Colin Dunlap @colin_dunlap

Columnist-CBS Pittsburgh

Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell & RB LeGarrette Blount charged by Ross Twp Police today w marijuana poss. Bell also charged w DUI after stop today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill Rehkopf @BillyRayKDKA ·

MORE: #Steelers' @L_Bell26 & @LG_Blount found with 20 grams of marijuana in a black Camaro when stopped on McKnight Road today. @KDKARadio

The fact that bud is still illegal anywhere is dumb but the fact that these players keep getting caught with it is even dumber.

this is the ####ingest lolliest lol I've had in months

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

belichick's operation: deep mole --- why do you think they nicknamed him 'blount'?

Well, I can take another one off the list to fall to me at 24/25....

Seriously. What idiots.
It won't impact them this year.
And if it does it will be 2 games tops. I love the drama already from some as if players have not got popped for weed before and we have seen how it goes.
what about weed possession + DUI from weed
depends on whether he's in the substance abuse program already

Seriously. What idiots.
And if it does it will be 2 games tops. I love the drama already from some as if players have not got popped for weed before and we have seen how it goes.
Lawyers will get the DUI thrown out and he will end up with possession. Why do people act like we have not seen this before?

Seriously. What idiots.
Lawyers will get the DUI thrown out and he will end up with possession. Why do people act like we have not seen this before?
The Steelers are the only team I know of that actually gives in-house suspensions. Holmes. Mendenhall. The team will give them each at least a game. Maybe 2.

As crazy as it sounds, this could wind up being good news for Bell. I'd say there is a possibility Blount gets outright cut and Bell is suspended 1 game.

As crazy as it sounds, this could wind up being good news for Bell. I'd say there is a possibility Blount gets outright cut and Bell is suspended 1 game.
You're right, that does sound crazy. This is not good news for Bell.
No it isnt good news for Bell, he got popped with weed. But it is not that bad of news for fantasy owners as some would make it sound.

He may get suspended but so will Blount so his value against Blount is unchanged, now owners may lose him for a game or two tops, but in dynasty his value is unchanged. Redraft this year it may be unchanged as well until we know how this will be resolved legally.

Adam Schefter
1 min ·
More on arrests of Steelers RBs LeVeon Bell and LeGarrette Blount:

Bell and Blount will be charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon. Ross Township detective Brian Kohlhepp said traffic officer Sean Stafiej pulled over a Camaro operated by Bell around 1:30 p.m. after Stafiej, who was on a motorcycle, noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Stafiej found a 20 gram bag of marijuana inside the car. Bell, Blount and a female passenger all claimed ownership of the marijuana according to police. Bell, 22, was taken to a hospital to have blood drawn and is expected to be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana. Bell, Blount and the female passenger were arrested and released. All three are expected to receive notice of formal charges through the mail said Kohlhepp. The possession and DUI charges are both misdemeanors. The Steelers play a preseason game in Philadelphia on Thursday.

Seriously. What idiots.
I'd be shocked if Blount wasn't cut..
I'd be shocked if he was.

Good NFL RBs do not grow on trees. Bell is young and will be with the team for a bit and Blount may not be back next year but will be needed this year. It is still and always about winning.
yeah they never cut a guy for this before

Users who are viewing this thread