What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obama: Worst President Ever? (1 Viewer)

Worst ever?

• Yes

Votes: 134 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 236 63.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Jackson all but bankrupted the country by dismantling the 2nd Bank of the US back in 1833-1836 mainly t get back at his enemies like Henry Clay and Nicholas Biddle who he despised. And right as Martin Van Buren was set to take office, a horrific recession ensues. Jackson is looked upon as one of the greatest Presidents ever but he also made his fortunes on the backs of slaves on land he acquired in the South, also ran the Native Americans west and is responsible for the Trail of Tears. You add in the recession he helped usher in and it's a wonder this guy was so popular in this country bordering on celebrity status after the War of 1812.

Still likely revered by most historians.

Andrew Jackson all but bankrupted the country by dismantling the 2nd Bank of the US back in 1833-1836 mainly t get back at his enemies like Henry Clay and Nicholas Biddle who he despised. And right as Martin Van Buren was set to take office, a horrific recession ensues. Jackson is looked upon as one of the greatest Presidents ever but he also made his fortunes on the backs of slaves on land he acquired in the South, also ran the Native Americans west and is responsible for the Trail of Tears. You add in the recession he helped usher in and it's a wonder this guy was so popular in this country bordering on celebrity status after the War of 1812.

Jackson was a war hero, which makes me wonder again if some historians are rating these presidents on their entire lives, not just what they did in office.

When Democrats say that the George W. Bush years were the worst political times in the nation's history, "I may mention the internment of Japanese Americans under FDR, the Alien and Sedition Acts under John Adams, or a hundred years of lynchings under several dozen administrations as having been possibly worse, and suggest we all take a deep breath." -- Barrack Obama, The Audacity of Hope.
Your point is well-taken.

Let me be inflammatory. He forgot about his party's line for James Byrd.

Another disgusting KooK moment from the left.

Using the compilation of recent rankings at Wikipedia -- the average ranking for each President:

Abraham Lincoln 1.56 Franklin D. Roosevelt 2.06 George Washington 2.78 Thomas Jefferson 4.50 Theodore Roosevelt 4.72 Woodrow Wilson 6.94 Harry S. Truman 7.18 Andrew Jackson 9.59 Dwight D. Eisenhower 10.13
Looking at this list again, the top 9 all have war hero credits of some kind, 5 of them before they were president.

When Democrats say that the George W. Bush years were the worst political times in the nation's history, "I may mention the internment of Japanese Americans under FDR, the Alien and Sedition Acts under John Adams, or a hundred years of lynchings under several dozen administrations as having been possibly worse, and suggest we all take a deep breath." -- Barrack Obama, The Audacity of Hope.

Huh? Not quite sure what you're going for here.

Last edited by a moderator:
70 yes votes. :lmao:
I am surprised its only 70
Every single one of the 70 is either schtick or people who really don't know American history.
I disagree. Some of them really believe it. Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly told them, so it's real to them.
Because MSNBC and CNN told you that?
Wait, CNN and msnbc told him that Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly told you that Obama is the worst President?

Getting a little eighth gradey in here.

Every single one of the 70 is either schtick or people who really don't know American history.
I disagree. Some of them really believe it. Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly told them, so it's real to them.
Wait, CNN and msnbc told him that Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly told you that Obama is the worst President?

You're getting a little eight gradey in here.

Wait, CNN and msnbc told him that Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly told you that Obama is the worst President?Getting a little eighth gradey in here.
I wish.

Wait, CNN and msnbc told him that Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly told you that Obama is the worst President?Getting a little eighth gradey in here.
I wish.
Your wish was granted the second you posted in here.

Worst President on US Currency...

I'm going for the PACs and the NAACP trying to accuse Bush of tacitly supporting the lynching because of the Byrd incident and subsequent hate crime legislation that Bush wouldn't sign.

It was a bit over the top.

I'm going for the PACs and the NAACP trying to accuse Bush of tacitly supporting the lynching because of the Byrd incident and subsequent hate crime legislation that Bush wouldn't sign.

I'm not saying I endorse those kinds of tactics, but I don't think that really fits on the scale of what Obama was talking about. Rough politics but also not particularly unusual historically. Willie Horton, Swift Boats Vets, etc., etc...

I'm not saying I endorse those kinds of tactics, but I don't think that really fits on the scale of what Obama was talking about. Rough politics but also not particularly unusual historically. Willie Horton, Swift Boats Vets, etc., etc...
True. Good point.

DIrty politics are just dirty; actual lynchings and legal support of those lynchings are different than political framing.

eta* no sarc on that, just good point.

1. LBJ

2. Obama

3. Clinton

4. Kennedy

5. Carter

Obama keeps rising in my mind as a result of this Iran deal. If that turns out to be a permanent achievement (which at the moment looks promising) then Obama will shoot to #1 on this list and might make top 15 overall.
The libertarian who loves expansion of big government. :lol:

:lmao: So the first mention of that sides political commentators telling them so locks out anymore mention of political commentators?

Just wanted to get the rules straight.

1. LBJ

2. Obama

3. Clinton

4. Kennedy

5. Carter

Obama keeps rising in my mind as a result of this Iran deal. If that turns out to be a permanent achievement (which at the moment looks promising) then Obama will shoot to #1 on this list and might make top 15 overall.
The size of government grows no matter who the President is, Reublican or Demcrat. Therefore I choose to rank them with more emphasis on other factors.

A better question is where would Obama rank among all democrat presidents after FDR?

Rank these presidents: Kennedy, LBJ, Carter, Clinton, Obama.

Its a better question because it avoids the D vs R spitball fights.
Ok I'll take a shot, but you forgot Truman:

1. Truman - he ended WW2, done

2. Kennedy - tough one, short term with some big mistakes, but I think what he gave us in ideals is very important

3. Clinton

4. Obama

5. LBJ - you have to remember, he practically resigned, there was great division in our country under him

6. Carter

1. LBJ

2. Obama

3. Clinton

4. Kennedy

5. Carter

The size of government grows no matter who the President is, Reublican or Demcrat. Therefore I choose to rank them with more emphasis on other factors.
You chose to ignore the biggest issue affecting our economic future. Not all increases are equivalent. Some growth is necessary and some is substainable. We are past the point where government spending is substainable and we will hit a brick wall sooner rather than later. This is a dangerous mindset of ignoring economic truths.

1. LBJ

2. Obama

3. Clinton

4. Kennedy

5. Carter

You chose to ignore the biggest issue affecting our economic future. Not all increases are equivalent. Some growth is necessary and some is substainable. We are past the point where government spending is substainable and we will hit a brick wall sooner rather than later. This is a dangerous mindset of ignoring economic truths.
How did our economic future look the last time your guy (bush) was in office?

1. LBJ

2. Obama

3. Clinton

4. Kennedy

5. Carter

How did our economic future look the last time your guy (bush) was in office?
Since when was Bush my guy. I despised his expansion of government under Bush. The only thing I applauded Bush on was TARP.

GWB locked this one up years ago
What did Obama do that was much different than Bush?
Killed Bin Laden, turned the stock market around, saved the auto industry and revitalized housing prices. He also legalized weed,
He has done none of these things. hth
oh. okay, well then can I change my vote?

-
Absolutely.

1. LBJ

2. Obama

3. Clinton

4. Kennedy

5. Carter

Thats what real libertarians are for. Of course this was before these dangerous whack jobs have took over the movement

I hate people that lie which is why I dislike Obama so much.

Obama is a weak leader. The Ukraine situation will be the final stamp on that description. Obama is like the injured mouse being batted around by cat Putin.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/putin-snarls-obama-gets-the-last-laugh

Putin snarls, but Obama gets the last laugh

For much of the year, conservative praise for Russian President Vladimir Putin was so overwhelming, you’d think he was the frontrunner for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) gushed, “Putin is playing chess and I think we are playing marbles.” Rudy Giuliani said of Putin, “That’s what you call a leader.” Even Mitt Romney hailed the Russian autocrat: “I think Putin has outperformed our president time and time again on the world stage.”

But if Republicans can pull themselves away from drawing hearts around their Putin photographs, they might notice that it’s President Obama getting the last laugh as developments go the opposite of the way Russia had hoped.

Putin’s quite the grand master chess player. It takes a rare talent to push potential allies away, while tarnishing your country’s reputation on the global stage and pushing your economy into a recession.

Seven months after Ukraine’s former president Viktor F. Yanukovych rejected a sweeping trade deal with the European Union and set off protests that drove him from power, Ukraine’s new leader on Friday concluded the pact, which Russia has bitterly opposed as a threat to its own economic and strategic interests in the former Soviet Union. […]

The accord with the European Union fulfills an election promise by Mr. Poroshenko to move Ukraine closer to Europe, reversing a course set by Mr. Yanukovych before his ouster.
As Thomas Friedman recently put it, “Let’s add it up: Putin’s seizure of Crimea has weakened the Russian economy, led to China getting a bargain gas deal, revived NATO, spurred Europe to start ending its addiction to Russian gas and begun a debate across Europe about increasing defense spending. Nice work, Vladimir. That’s why I say the country Putin threatens most today is Russia.”

What’s more, let’s not forget that this isn’t just a story about Putin getting it wrong; it’s also a story about Obama getting it right.

Max Fisher recently had a fascinating piece arguing that he was skeptical about the U.S. policy, but it now appears Obama’s strategy “of letting Putin hang himself is working.”

Fisher added that it’s the U.S. president’s approach that’s going “surprisingly well,” adding, “This has been so effective, and has apparently taken Putin by such surprise, that after weeks of looking like he could roll into eastern Ukraine unchallenged, he’s backing down all on his own.”

In case it’s not obvious, there’s still a great deal of fluidity to the story and no one should think it’s over. Indeed, Putin has proven to be alarmingly erratic in his decision making, so how he’ll respond to the new Ukrainian announcement is a bit of a mystery.

But literally for months, Republicans, conservative activists, and much of the Beltway media simply accepted as fact that Vladimir Putin was a towering giant and a strategic mastermind, while President Obama played the role of confused child, struggling to keep up.

Those assumptions now appear ridiculously wrong – it looks like Obama knew what he was doing after all. Whether the right and the punditocracy are willing to admit their error remains to be seen, though no one should hold their breath.

When they call Obama weak are they saying that they actually want direct American military intervention in Ukraine? Syria? Iraq?

Once again President Obama is demonstrating a mastery of foreign affairs I haven't before witnessed in my lifetime. I think he deserves some criticism over Iraq, but thats really the only example I can think of and even then that wasn't his mess to begin with. Overall history is going to award him an outstanding grade for foreign affairs.

The problem here is the thread is:

Obama: Worst President Ever?
He does not remotely belong in that conversation.

Everything else discussed in that light doesn't make any sense.
Many many people who dislike Obama believe he may be the worst President ever. I have heard my own father and brother say it. My brother is a Tea Party type, but my dad is a conservative Democrat who voted for Clinton twice (and Reagan twice). I don't get it myself.

I voted yes.

Purely on the basis that he is the first black president and has worked his best to strain race relations every step of the way. Not only that, but blacks by every measure are way worse off now than they were since the 1950s.

He is more inept than even Carter on foreign policy.

Met with our insurance broker this week to renew our health insurance policy for the office. We use Healthnet. If we stay with Healthnet and enroll in their ACA program, our premium DECLINES 10%. Our co-pays go from $20 to $30, but everything else remains exactly the same AND we receive dental coverage for our kids.

I've been sitting in on health care renewal meetings for over 10 years now. This is the first time EVER that our premium/policy has gone done year over year.

So...yeah. The hatred for Obama and the ACA is puzzling.

Met with our insurance broker this week to renew our health insurance policy for the office. We use Healthnet. If we stay with Healthnet and enroll in their ACA program, our premium DECLINES 10%. Our co-pays go from $20 to $30, but everything else remains exactly the same AND we receive dental coverage for our kids.

I've been sitting in on health care renewal meetings for over 10 years now. This is the first time EVER that our premium/policy has gone done year over year.

So...yeah. The hatred for Obama and the ACA is puzzling.
But he's still black...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread