What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will it be Reported in the Media? My Money is on "no" (2 Viewers)

Varmint

Footballguy
This really did happen....no debate. The question is "will the main stream media even mention it?"

But then again, who really cares that politicians can use IRS is used as a weapon....right?

After Congressman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) sent a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday inquiring the whereabouts of a former Department of Justice (DOJ) attorney and one-time Lois Lerner employee and Judicial Watch released new IRS emails on Thursday revealing a “secret research project” on donors to non-profit political groups, two more IRS bombshell broke on Friday. With these stories breaking today, the question is: Will the major broadcast networks cover these stories?

The first new piece of news was in the form of an article published on Friday afternoon by the Associated Press, which reported that the emails of five additional IRS employees under investigation by Congress have been lost.

Hours prior, Jordan wrote to IRS Commissioner John Koskinen saying that congressional staff have spoken with the Treasury’s Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) and were told that 760 IRS computer servers could exist and possibly contain e-mails belonging to Lerner that had been thought to be lost.

Of the five IRS employees whose emails were reported lost, the AP said that two of them worked at the infamous Cincinnati office “processing applications for tax-exempt status.” As in the situations of Lois Lerner and other IRS employees under investigation, the agency cited “computer crashes” as the reason “for the lost emails” and claimed that they found “no evidence that anyone deliberately destroyed evidence.”

The information from the TIGTA would confirm news from Judicial Watch on August 25 in which Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton appeared on the Fox News Channel (FNC) to announce that a DOJ attorney informed his organization that Lerner’s e-mails still exist despite previous reporting that they were permanently lost along when Lerner’s hard drive was damaged and destroyed. Any coverage of these four developments would be the first time that the any of the “big three” of ABC, CBS, and NBC mention the IRS scandal in over a month. The last time that any of the networks gave air time to this on-going story was on July 31 when all three covered news that Lois Lerner referred to conservatives as “—holes” and “crazies” during an email correspondence with a coworker in 2012. -

- See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/curtis-houck/2014/09/05/two-huge-irs-bombshells-drop-friday-will-networks-report#sthash.9bzljq71.dpuf

After Congressman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) sent a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday inquiring the whereabouts of a former Department of Justice (DOJ) attorney and one-time Lois Lerner employee and Judicial Watch released new IRS emails on Thursday revealing a “secret research project” on donors to non-profit political groups, two more IRS bombshell broke on Friday.
This is some pretty terrible writing.

Considering how incoherent this attempt at writing was, my money is on "no" too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds really bad. Now we just need to find out what this is.

Jon Stewart Hailed As 'Hero' For Pushing' Vegetables' of Global Concern With Comedy 'Ice Cream'

The Hollywood Reporter announced that Jon Stewart’s new film “Rosewater” debuted at the Telluride Film Festival in Colorado. Their headline was “'Rosewater' Director Jon Stewart Receives Hero's Welcome.”

Apparently, Stewart is a hero when he shows up at film festivals where liberals cluster. Or he’s a hero for regularly banging away at Fox News on “The Daily Show.” Or he’s a hero for having a sense of nuance about the “greatly differing worldviews” in Iran. Writer Scott Feinberg does proclaim he’s a “fan of @BarackObama” on his Twitter bio.

Feinberg reported Stewart wrote and directed “Rosewater” to tell the story of abducted Newsweek reporter Maziar Bahiri. “I had one goal and that was to honor Maziar's story and to tell it with integrity.” That’s where the praise for handling Iran’s “complexities” kicked in:

There is no question that the film, which reportedly had a $5 million budget and was produced by Scott Rudin and Gigi Pritzker, does that. And, at a time when the drums are constantly beating for military action against Iran, it is a helpful thing to be reminded about the history and complexities of that nation (some of which were recently dealt with in Argo, as well), where much of the leadership and much of the population have greatly differing worldviews.

But Feinberg really graded the Jon Stewart film on a liberal curve by saying in essence “It’s not Oscar bait, but we do love his Obama-friendly TV show.”

Is Rosewater, which derives its name from the nickname that Bahari assigned to his interrogator (Kim Bodnia), a flawless film? And is it a slam-dunk for awards consideration? The answer to both questions is most certainly not -- but few first films are. Instead, it is, like virtually every episode of The Daily Show that has made Stewart one of the most trusted men in America, an attempt to get people to eat their vegetables (to learn and care more about the world around them) by hiding them in their ice cream (laughs). And, for his efforts, Stewart deserves to be commended.

Putting the poor writing aside, in addition to the missing Lerner emails, there are 5 additional people under investigation and now all of their emails are missing too?

That seems strange.

Unless there is a way to blame racism or turn this into a "war on women " story I think you can safely bet the mainstream media will be covering other stories more closely...maybe "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" can do a piece on it since it's just coincidence that every person involved with this lost their e-mails...I just feel bad for the IT guy in this department...no way he's getting a bonus this year...

Wonderful.

All of these inspired responses about grammar yet, nobody cares that the IRS can target anyone the administration tells them, they can stonewall against providing documents that could prove (or disprove) it, and the news won't even report it.

Will you show any concern when the Republicans do the same thing when they take control?

Oh wait....the media will be shouting it from the roof tops if that happened...wouldn't they?

Tell you what.

Ignore your taxes next year and when they come looking for their money, explain to them that your hard drive crashed.

I'm sure that they'll understand.

You are nothing but a flock of sheep and you truly deserve what you get..

When did you become this annoying?
You obviously don't read my posts...why bother opening them?

Problem solved...oh wait...unless you just want everyone else to know that you think (or not) just like they do.

Keep your head in the sand and that "hope and change" will be everything you hoped for!

Kennedy did this, Nixon did this, this is nothing new.
Kennedy, Nixon, Roosevelt, Coolidge, Clinton, and George W. Bush did it.

Now tell me....when were any of these Presidents justified in doing this?

You people are so damn polarized....this isn't a Democrat / Republican thing...it's the WRONG thing.

It's not the the fact that others have done it....it's wrong and the press isn't reporting it.

Grow the #### up already.

Ah, another thread where you can see who the OP is and assume that whatever written (err plagiarized from Foxmax) is more the opposite of truth than reality.

I mean, why would someone take their time to read more drivel when we've seen this poster (and many allies, I mean aliai) try this sad and counterproductive path before?

Ah, another thread where you can see who the OP is and assume that whatever written (err plagiarized from Foxmax) is more the opposite of truth than reality.

I mean, why would someone take their time to read more drivel when we've seen this poster (and many allies, I mean aliai) try this sad and counterproductive path before?
Good idea. Form your opinion on who said it....typical

This is exactly why CNN, CNBC and the others are somehow, still broadcasting.

Don't believe what FOX says...it may contradict what the others say.

Don't look into it yourself...just believe what you hear.

So, in your opinion, the IRS NOT target specific groups and therefore, there is nothing to report?

Testifying in front of Congress, even though there is nothing to hide, Lois Lerner (EX-Head of the IRS) says that she cannot produce any emails due to a hard drive crash....and you're okay with that.

Again, when you don't pay your taxes in April, simply tell them that your hard drive crashed and see how far you get with that.

Buddy, if you believe any part of this story....you are blind.

So, in your opinion, the IRS NOT target specific groups and therefore, there is nothing to report?

Testifying in front of Congress, even though there is nothing to hide, Lois Lerner (EX-Head of the IRS) says that she cannot produce any emails due to a hard drive crash....and you're okay with that.

Again, when you don't pay your taxes in April, simply tell them that your hard drive crashed and see how far you get with that.

Maybe you should run for public office? We can't do crap about this and it doesn't really effect the average Joe, so why worry about it?

EDIT: What is getting angry at us going to do about it?

Good idea. Form your opinion on who said it....typicalThis is exactly why CNN, CNBC and the others are somehow, still broadcasting.

My position is that it's not worth the time not dedicated concentration to read your post because past ones have been so driven by partisan ideology and so laughably one sided that it's difficult to take the post seriously.

Maybe you should run for public office? We can't do crap about this and it doesn't really effect the average Joe, so why worry about it?

EDIT: What is getting angry at us going to do about it?
This is exactly what it gets me mad.

People say that they can't do crap about it and it doesn't affect them.

This isn't true, not true at all

There ARE things that you can do about it and yes, what they do in DC DOES affect you.

You can get active in your LOCAL races.

Help get "new blood" into DC.

NOBODY needs to hold any office for 30 plus years. This is ridiculous

There are Senators who in DC who don't even live in the state which they represent!

Laws are passed all the time that DIRECTLY affect you and your family.

If you had proper representation and elected officials answered to YOU instead of the other way around, it would be different.

Politicians for BOTH sides put their party ahead of the country on a daily basis..why would anyone stand for this?

Can anyone seriously agree that Obama has made his administration "the most transparent administration in history"...as he promised?

We have a Presidency held by a Democrat who is trashing the Constitution and a Congress held by Republicans who won't do a damn thing about it....because it could be bad for their party!

BOTH political parties have put themselves and their political careers above your country....and it's okay?

Demand that the media report the entire truth so that you can make up your own mind!

If they seem to only report one side of the ticket...compare their "facts" with what the other side is saying then use some common sense to come to YOUR conclusion.

Don't sit back and let the country that you grew up in be left in shambles for your kids....no matter who is in charge.

Good idea. Form your opinion on who said it....typicalThis is exactly why CNN, CNBC and the others are somehow, still broadcasting.

My position is that it's not worth the time not dedicated concentration to read your post because past ones have been so driven by partisan ideology and so laughably one sided that it's difficult to take the post seriously.
Oh. I see.

You read only those posts which are fair, balanced, unbiased....and agree with YOUR ideology.

Got it. :thumbup:

Varmint, please answer this question yes or no:

One of the sources you're relying on is World Net Daily. My question is, do you regard World Net Daily as a trusted and reliable source for political news?

Please answer the question without referring to other news sources that you dislike. I'm only asking, yes or no?

dozer said:
Varmint said:
Will you show any concern when the Republicans do the same thing when they take control?
I'll be too old to care by the time that happens.
Republicans plan of alienating minorities, immigrants, women, and basically anyone who isn't a rich white man will really help this come soon. Genius plan, really.

Varmint said:
This really did happen....no debate. The question is "will the main stream media even mention it?"

But then again, who really cares that politicians can use IRS is used as a weapon....right?

After Congressman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) sent a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday inquiring the whereabouts of a former Department of Justice (DOJ) attorney and one-time Lois Lerner employee and Judicial Watch released new IRS emails on Thursday revealing a “secret research project” on donors to non-profit political groups, two more IRS bombshell broke on Friday. With these stories breaking today, the question is: Will the major broadcast networks cover these stories?

The first new piece of news was in the form of an article published on Friday afternoon by the Associated Press, which reported that the emails of five additional IRS employees under investigation by Congress have been lost.

Hours prior, Jordan wrote to IRS Commissioner John Koskinen saying that congressional staff have spoken with the Treasury’s Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) and were told that 760 IRS computer servers could exist and possibly contain e-mails belonging to Lerner that had been thought to be lost.

Of the five IRS employees whose emails were reported lost, the AP said that two of them worked at the infamous Cincinnati office “processing applications for tax-exempt status.” As in the situations of Lois Lerner and other IRS employees under investigation, the agency cited “computer crashes” as the reason “for the lost emails” and claimed that they found “no evidence that anyone deliberately destroyed evidence.”

The information from the TIGTA would confirm news from Judicial Watch on August 25 in which Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton appeared on the Fox News Channel (FNC) to announce that a DOJ attorney informed his organization that Lerner’s e-mails still exist despite previous reporting that they were permanently lost along when Lerner’s hard drive was damaged and destroyed. Any coverage of these four developments would be the first time that the any of the “big three” of ABC, CBS, and NBC mention the IRS scandal in over a month. The last time that any of the networks gave air time to this on-going story was on July 31 when all three covered news that Lois Lerner referred to conservatives as “—holes” and “crazies” during an email correspondence with a coworker in 2012. -

- See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/curtis-houck/2014/09/05/two-huge-irs-bombshells-drop-friday-will-networks-report#sthash.9bzljq71.dpuf
Good Lord, this is like what I imagine my writing must have been like when I took acid in the 70s.

Man, split this #### up or something so it's legible.

Varmint said:
Wonderful.

All of these inspired responses about grammar yet, nobody cares that the IRS can target anyone the administration tells them, they can stonewall against providing documents that could prove (or disprove) it, and the news won't even report it.

Oh wait....the media will be shouting it from the roof tops if that happened...wouldn't they?

Tell you what.

Ignore your taxes next year and when they come looking for their money, explain to them that your hard drive crashed.

I'm sure that they'll understand.

You are nothing but a flock of sheep and you truly deserve what you get..
Who's a sheep>

Maybe the guy quoting a biased, conservative, agenda-driven watchdog group. last in the headlines reporting a Pelosi witch hunt that turned out to be convoluted, dishonest, and false (snopes)

People won't care unless it happens to them, then they'll cry bloody murder. Then it'll be the other side's turn to bury their head in the sand and criticize grammar.

timschochet said:
Varmint, please answer this question yes or no:

One of the sources you're relying on is World Net Daily. My question is, do you regard World Net Daily as a trusted and reliable source for political news?

Please answer the question without referring to other news sources that you dislike. I'm only asking, and yes or no?
Show me a single article I've linked to that didn't have to do with an issue that has happened but has not been covered by the mainstream media.

I avoid "birthers" articles, Obama alias articles, and things like that.

Those articles are nothing short of "tabloid" articles meant to stir the pot.

I post to topics that a taken as gospel by the left but is far from being reported.

Global warming, Congressional Hearings, and other things that are supposedly "settled" in the eyes of the media but is not completely covered in the news.

Do you think for one second that Bush would have received any of the "passes" that the media has issued to Obama.

As I recall, Dan Rather completely fabricated a story about Bush that was swept under the rug until NewsBuster.org kept harping on it and he eventually, the truth was exposed and Rather got fired.

Had they not been so relentless, it would have never been brought to light.

As for the IRS scandal. Even though the bull#### keeps piling up, the "alphabet" media hasn't even mentioned it in the past month.

People like you will say "because there's nothing to report"..but many disagree.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/curtis-houck/2014/09/06/networks-refuse-cover-dual-irs-developments-havent-covered-irs-july

The media praises Michelle Obama for forcing "nutritious meals" to our kids in school but nobody reports that it all ends up in the trash because nobody will eat it.

When have you ever heard a "news reporter" state that he has "tingles running up his leg" and a political event?

You have the AP covering for Wassermen-Shultz by outright LYING.

I've already posted about how NBC deliberately edited the Zimmerman 911 call to make him sound racists....another story that NewsBusters wouldn't let go of.

An NBC editor was fired and NBC was forced to issue an apology.

The stories of liberal reporting are everywhere...but how are you going to hear about them is nobody is reporting them?

You have to actually LOOK for the truth....and if you're not doing that, you are at the mercy of somebody else's ideology.

I want you to show me ONE example of one of my posts being untrue.....just one.

I actually found a lot of the birther stuff put forth by Arpaio to be really compelling. Seemed really clear to me that the administration put out falsified documents. :shrug:

At this point I think it's irrelevant but I think it's as likely as not that he wasn't born on US soil.

Users who are viewing this thread