What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peterson charged with reckless or negligent injury to a child? (1 Viewer)

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

nick wright@getnickwright 1m
It should be understood that the photographs that some have published & I have possession of were taken at least a week after incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
From his attorneys statement

LINK

This indictment follows Adrian’s full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
From his attorneys statement

This indictment follows Adrian’s full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas
.... and it's spin time. Unfortunately the pictures tell a different story, and in this case the pictures are worth much more than the words.

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/
Christ, if that's true... That's some #### that would raise eyebrows if it occurred between two consenting adults. Whooping room? For ####'s sake how much whooping does one do to need an entire room/variety of whooping tools?

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that Daddy Peterson hit me on my face. The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that there are a lot of belts in Daddys closet. He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson likes belts and switches and has a whooping room.

nick wright@getnickwright 1m

It should be understood that the photographs that some have published & I have possession of were taken at least a week after incident.
Well, this is just getting worse and worse, isn't it?

Only indicted and I'm sure he'll be give a week to turn in. I'm guessing that the NFL/Vikees will allow the legal system to do its thing before acting.
I don't see the commish going that light on this one, considering how he mishandled the RRice clown show.
Yeah except how should he handle it?

1. He's been indicted, but he hasn't been found guilty of anything.

2. The attorney's statements imply that Peterson will claim it was discipline, but not child abuse.

3. So far as we know, there is no video, no tape. There are photos, and those might be compelling in a court of law, but again we don't know that.

So what is Goodell supposed to do?

Are you people serious? I picked many a switch for my parents so they could beat my butt with it.... the key is to pick one that's not to green and not too dead the green ones hurt more ...but if you get a dead one, you have to go back and get another usually means a harder beating ... This is what is wrong with this country I guess none of you ever got a paddling at school either
In my grade school, you got to choose the paddle. A. One with holes in it. B. one with no holes.

How far this country has fallen into wussville. Sad.
:thumbup:

Are you people serious? I picked many a switch for my parents so they could beat my butt with it.... the key is to pick one that's not to green and not too dead the green ones hurt more ...but if you get a dead one, you have to go back and get another usually means a harder beating ... This is what is wrong with this country I guess none of you ever got a paddling at school either
I'm sorry, but I am just SO SICK of these "tough guy" posts.

You know what? Screw everyone that thinks this sort of thing is OK. It isn't. It was NEVER OK. Just because your dad thought so doesn't make it right. The fact that many of us (hopefully most of us) don't tolerate this sort of behavior is what's RIGHT about America.
Yeah lets give them a time out, that should work.. For one I cant get the pictures to open, and is the kid 11 or 4 , from my perspective they behavior of most of the kids that I have been around is pretty sad and needs correction

Things that are wrong with the United States of America:

1. Not enough child abuse.

2. Too much national debt.

3. Kardashians.
:lol:

Only indicted and I'm sure he'll be give a week to turn in. I'm guessing that the NFL/Vikees will allow the legal system to do its thing before acting.
I don't see the commish going that light on this one, considering how he mishandled the RRice clown show.

2. The attorney's statements imply that Peterson will claim it was discipline, but not child abuse.

3. So far as we know, there is no video, no tape. There are photos, and those might be compelling in a court of law, but again we don't know that.

Indefinite suspension with pay to further investigate.

this is where im at. Why should the NFL do something without first letting due process occur. And if he is not found guilty? Then what should the NFL do? This is a very slippery slope here.

I'm sorry, but I am just SO SICK of these "tough guy" posts.You know what? Screw everyone that thinks this sort of thing is OK. It isn't. It was NEVER OK. Just because your dad thought so doesn't make it right. The fact that many of us (hopefully most of us) don't tolerate this sort of behavior is what's RIGHT about America.
Yeah lets give them a time out, that should work.. For one I cant get the pictures to open, and is the kid 11 or 4 , from my perspective they behavior of most of the kids that I have been around is pretty sad and needs correction
Just punch the kids right in the teeth ... for every tooth lost, that's like, what, a years worth of lesson learned? If you're packing heat, a nice pistol whip works wonders.

I expect him to be suspended for the rest of the year after seeing the pictures and from I've read he's admitted to doing it.

Also, I called it in Rice's thread months ago and I'm calling it now, AP will be cut. It's a PR nightmare and a team can't afford to have him on the roster. Unlike Rice, he has a decent shot of playing for another team after but I wouldn't guarantee it.

My mom used a switch and the principal of our grade school used a belt. After it happens to you one time you'll never want to go through its again. I believe the many nuns used rulers across the knuckles.

The judge who issued the indictment should be stripped of his law degree.

Yeah except how should he handle it?1. He's been indicted, but he hasn't been found guilty of anything.

he could suspend him.

In a way, seems similar to Vick's situation. Peterson is basically going to say, "I didn't know it was wrong."

Yeah except how should he handle it?1. He's been indicted, but he hasn't been found guilty of anything.

I expect him to be suspended for the rest of the year after seeing the pictures and from I've read he's admitted to doing it.

Also, I called it in Rice's thread months ago and I'm calling it now, AP will be cut. It's a PR nightmare and a team can't afford to have him on the roster. Unlike Rice, he has a decent shot of playing for another team after but I wouldn't guarantee it.
This. Goodell has been given an opportunity to do the right thing here; he should embrace it.

Do folks think he will be held out of the game Sunday or not?
I have not heard anything.

but as a Peterson owner I added McKinnon and dropped Jeremy Hill, for what ever that is worth.
Wow...so that is a double screwjob for you, pick up a player who will do next to nothing and drop someone who will probably be producing come midseason.
Yes, dropping Jeremy Hill for McKinnon was a horrrrrrrrrrrrible move :no:

I'm sorry, but I am just SO SICK of these "tough guy" posts.

You know what? Screw everyone that thinks this sort of thing is OK. It isn't. It was NEVER OK. Just because your dad thought so doesn't make it right. The fact that many of us (hopefully most of us) don't tolerate this sort of behavior is what's RIGHT about America.
Every idiot kid I ever met had horrible, scumbag parents. But if you want to keep making excuses go ahead.

I just wanted to say that I think anybody with different values than mine should be immediately punished and placed in jail.

It's obvious that many on this board agree with me.

Burn Them All !!!!!!!!!!!
If your values are to do that to a kid who's not even in school, you have no values.

If you need to draw blood from multiple wounds to raise your kid, then walk in front of a bus and make your kid an orphan.
I agree that AP went to far. How many decades in prison do you think would be appropriate for his heinous crime?

Users who are viewing this thread