What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (3 Viewers)

Anyone else's showing a 10/13- 10/18 shipping date???

My email from this morning said 9/19. Under my orders on att.com its OCT 13-18th :hot: :hot: :hot:
WE did this last time in here.

You'll get the phone on 9.19

Same exact thing happened last time and everyone got their phone way sooner
The order page on ATTs website doesn't give me a date; it just says, Thank you for your recent purchase. Your order has been received & is being processed. Once processing completes, we will ship your order.

Again, looking to upgrade to a normal 6. Looking around for the best way to do so. It looks like my options are to stay with ATT or move to T-Mobile. Was hoping Verizon might be an option but I don't think it will be. Need to talk to all of them.

Current phone is Nokia 1520... ATT trade in will get me $140... T-Mobile trade in will get me $170. Have not been able to find anywhere what I might be able to sell it for privately. Any ideas? Gazelle and other places are in the $130 range but nothing as in a private sale (craigslist or other).

Anyone have an idea what I might be able to get for the phone/case? Does ATT seem like the best option with the limited info I've given?

Tiger Fan said:
Played around with my friend's Samsung phone that is the same size as the 6+. Fits in front or back of jeans pocket with no issue at all
Did you try sitting down or driving with it in a pocket because unless your clothing is very baggy, it's impossible.The 6 inch height of the plus will make it very unlikely that you can drive with it in a pocket.

IMO this is a two hand phone

Tiger Fan said:
Played around with my friend's Samsung phone that is the same size as the 6+. Fits in front or back of jeans pocket with no issue at all
Did you try sitting down or driving with it in a pocket because unless your clothing is very baggy, it's impossible.The 6 inch height of the plus will make it very unlikely that you can drive with it in a pocket.

IMO this is a two hand phone
I never drive with a phone in my pocket. Not an issue for me. I did sit down with it in my front pocket and it was fine

Had the 5 since late 2012, saw no need to get a 5C, I only think an upgrade is worth it for a number, not a new letter on the same number. Anyways, I'm undecided on size. Wouldn't 5.5 be almost too big?

Just got the following text:

AT&T Free Msg: Congratulations! Your order has been processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped. <Replies are not monitored>
Does that mean it will ship on Thursday?

AT&T Free Msg: Congratulations! Your order has been processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped. <Replies are not monitored>
I guess not as it just updated the shipping to:

Preorder Processing

Expected Ship Date: 10/13/2014 To 10/31/2014

:hot:

Preorder Processing

:lol: at all this first world drama.I got the same thing this morning, FWIW.

Preorder Processing

:lol: at all this first world drama.I got the same thing this morning, FWIW.
Hopefully not like the cable guy. Wait at your door, we'll be there some time in this 19 day window!

I'm sure this has been discussed, but it sucks that they eliminated the 32 gig. If anything they should have taken away the 16 gig. Hell I have 16 gigs of music on my laptop alone. Ugh. It makes no sense to be that greedy.

Now I'm gonna have to shell out $400 for the 64 gig 6 plus. If I can trade in my 5S and get $300 then I'll only come out of pocket $100.

Has anybody successfully traded their phone in for the full price? Is it only AT&T that's doing this?

Just for the Verizon folks, the offer to get basically a free 16gb Iphone 6 has catches.

I just got back from Verizon and I didn't bother to stay because there were 10 people ahead of me waiting on sales, but from talking to the greeter the way it seems to work is you trade in your Iphone 4,4s,5 and they will then give you a gift card. But the Iphone 6 costs more than 199,99 with tax, so you basically get a gift card which you can apply to your bill (and she was elusive as to whether you get it on the spot or it gets mailed to you in 4-6 weeks). So it isn't free. You have to pay out of pocket for the phone and they don't just take it off the cost of the phone.

And reading on other sites, it seems that that the amount you get towards the phone isn't just a flat $199.00--it depends on the iphone you are trading in.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20140912/TECHNOLOGY/140919955/verizon-revamps-free-iphone-deal-after-apples-complaint#article_tab

Has anybody successfully traded their phone in for the full price? Is it only AT&T that's doing this?
Cutting out the 32g actually helped me, I was going bigger than my current 16g and I'm getting 64g for the price that was 32g. :shrug:

Radio shack just guaranteed me $200 for my 16g 5, whereas the atnt kid on the phone didnt sound convincing of any definite trade in value. (Scratches, dents etc)

the 6 plus must be in super short supply. very few are getting it delivered on the 19th no matter how early they ordered.

i got the 6 plus t-mobile unlocked and have a ship date between Oct 1 - Oct 6 and i ordered it the first minute it was available on the apple website.

the 6 plus must be in super short supply. very few are getting it delivered on the 19th no matter how early they ordered.

i got the 6 plus t-mobile unlocked and have a ship date between Oct 1 - Oct 6 and i ordered it the first minute it was available on the apple

website.
Where did u order from? I ordered from apple about 40 min after release and I'm still 9/19

i got the 6 plus t-mobile unlocked and have a ship date between Oct 1 - Oct 6 and i ordered it the first minute it was available on the apple

website.
Where did u order from? I ordered from apple about 40 min after release and I'm still 9/19
the 6+? i ordered from apple website the minute ordering opened up.

website.
I ordered a 64GB 6+ from the apple store app at 3:39am ET and it says it is shipping on 9/19 :shrug:

For those getting the +, what phone are you coming from? I'm on a 5 and concerned it might be too large, anyone kinda on the fringe with this?

website.
I ordered a 64GB 6+ from the apple store app at 3:39am ET and it says it is shipping on 9/19 :shrug:
maybe it's because i ordered the t-mobile off contract one. i guess early verizon 6+ orders are shipping on time and some at&t.

For those getting the +, what phone are you coming from? I'm on a 5 and concerned it might be too large, anyone kinda on the fringe with this?
I'm upgrading from a 4s. I played with the Note 4 today in the store which is about the same size as the 6+ and it was very manageable to me. I do have large hands though. I'm pretty confident it will be ok :oldunsure:

Note 2.

I had always been an iphone guy since the first one came out, upgrading to a new one at least every other year. About a month after buying the 5, someone showed me their Note 2, and I made the switch a couple days later.

Ever since I bought the Note 2, I said I would switch back to iphone once they came out with one with a bigger screen. I like everything about the iphone better than my Note, except for the screen size (but the bigger screen was reason enough for me to prefer the Note).

People make jokes about how big my Note is, but I love it. When I see an iphone, it feels like an iphone mini. I could never go back to a phone that small. Can't wait for my 6 plus to get here.

My big fancy prediction about customer satisfaction:

During the first week or two, the people who chose the 6 are going to be the happiest. While they are adjusting to the increased size in their iPhones, they are going to think, "Well, at least I didn't pick the even bigger one." And they are going to love having a bigger screen than before.

Meanwhile, the 6+ guys (I assume they'll mostly be guys), are really going to love their screens. But while they're adjusting to the feel of the phone, they're going to be wondering if they should have chosen the smaller 6. Some won't be able to get past the second-guessing and will trade it back in for the smaller.

A month in, those that stuck with the 6+ are going to be really happy with their choice. The others will still be happy, but if anyone is second-guessing their decision, it'll be some of the 6 owners, wondering if they should have gone bigger with the better camera and battery.

But they're all going to be generally happy, especially when they pick up an older iphone and wonder how they ever used it.

:grad:

My big fancy prediction about customer satisfaction:

During the first week or two, the people who chose the 6 are going to be the happiest. While they are adjusting to the increased size in their iPhones, they are going to think, "Well, at least I didn't pick the even bigger one." And they are going to love having a bigger screen than before.

Meanwhile, the 6+ guys (I assume they'll mostly be guys), are really going to love their screens. But while they're adjusting to the feel of the phone, they're going to be wondering if they should have chosen the smaller 6. Some won't be able to get past the second-guessing and will trade it back in for the smaller.

A month in, those that stuck with the 6+ are going to be really happy with their choice. The others will still be happy, but if anyone is second-guessing their decision, it'll be some of the 6 owners, wondering if they should have gone bigger with the better camera and battery.

But they're all going to be generally happy, especially when they pick up an older iphone and wonder how they ever used it.

:grad:
I'm going to wait till I can hold both of them. I did a size comparison on screen and the 6+ doesn't look big at all although I am comparing it to my current phone. I want to hold onto the normal 6 to make sure if that is the phone I want to hold and carry for a couple of years. I still think I would go with the normal 6 however, the 6+ doesn't seem large to the point of being too large. That is, of course, without a case though. Hence, why I am thinking more about the normal 6 than the 6+.

ATT - without talking to anyone because the phones are not in hand yet, the cost of getting a iPhone 6 (mid-contract) will be:

$200 - break current contract

$200 - iPhone 6 (add $ for other iPhones)

$40 - upgrade fee

-$? - what I could sell my current phone for/trade-in

I hate that first $200 "fee" since I am still going to be under contract and have been their "phone slave" for 10 years. What are the odds that the first $200 can be waived?

[icon] said:
Hi GB--did you ever read my PM?

Did you order through Apple, ATT or someone else?
Hey GB. Sorry missed it. Response sent :thumbup:

I ordered in the Verizon store, though it appears they placed my order through the website on an iPad. Regardless... Placed thru VZW and given an conf # to track through their site.

Bottom line: if you ordered a 6, you'll be getting it Friday. There appears to be PLENTY of stock in the smaller model.

If you ordered a 6+, then you may be looking at delays up to and including the times you were quoted.

[icon] said:
Hi GB--did you ever read my PM?

Did you order through Apple, ATT or someone else?
Hey GB. Sorry missed it. Response sent :thumbup:

I ordered in the Verizon store, though it appears they placed my order through the website on an iPad. Regardless... Placed thru VZW and given an conf # to track through their site.

Bottom line: if you ordered a 6, you'll be getting it Friday. There appears to be PLENTY of stock in the smaller model.

If you ordered a 6+, then you may be looking at delays up to and including the times you were quoted.
Thx

Ordered from ATT 20 minutes after they allowed orders and they are now quoting Oct 13-23 for my 128gb 6. Complete BS IMO especially since they quoted Sept 19 when I ordered.

Anyone else's showing a 10/13- 10/18 shipping date???

My email from this morning said 9/19. Under my orders on att.com its OCT 13-18th :hot: :hot: :hot:
WE did this last time in here.

You'll get the phone on 9.19

Same exact thing happened last time and everyone got their phone way sooner
I hope so.

Cuz this dumb sap woke his ### up at 3am ET to order it, waited for the website to decide to work at 3:20am ET and got a 64GB iPhone 6 Space Gray. Email said 9/19, currently says 9/23-10/2.

if i havent' ordered yet, what's the best place for me to order the 6+?

Verizon store, apple store, online? FWIW, i'll be switching from Sprint to Verizon (not sure if that matters or not)

Verizon store, apple store, online? FWIW, i'll be switching from Sprint to Verizon (not sure if that matters or not)
You won't be getting it til November so it likely won't matter where, but if yo uintend to order it online Apple is probably your best bet.

If you want to try and snag one day of I'd head to Radio Shack or Walmart or someplace that might not be as crowded with people trying to get it, and who might have some stock of them.

You won't be getting it til November so it likely won't matter where, but if yo uintend to order it online Apple is probably your best bet.

If you want to try and snag one day of I'd head to Radio Shack or Walmart or someplace that might not be as crowded with people trying to get it, and who might have some stock of them.
thx

radio shack. I went in on saturday and was at the top of the list for a 64gb 6+. $50 deposit that you put towards the phone and you are all set.

I'm taking some pleasure seeing to all the iPhone honks that said the iPhone never needed to be bigger and that the androids were way too big ("how does that even fit in your pocket?" :lmao: ) jump at the chance to get a decent size phone for once.

I'm taking some pleasure seeing to all the iPhone honks that said the iPhone never needed to be bigger and that the androids were way too big ("how does that even fit in your pocket?" :lmao: ) jump at the chance to get a decent size phone for once.
Odd type of person who gets pleasure at something like that.

Agree 100%. I'm geeked for the i6, but many of the folks in this thread used to push the idea that the 3.5" screen was "ideal". Seems pretty silly now.

Users who are viewing this thread