What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Thought: Before the invasion, the Termintes were protecting the priest in return for "fresh food" Thats why he has been able to survive by himself for so long?

just thinking

Thought: Before the invasion, the Termintes were protecting the priest in return for "fresh food" Thats why he has been able to survive by himself for so long?

just thinking
it looked like the woman in his picture was one of those wet walkers ...im guessing he locked them in the basement and flooded it so he could have all the food

Who else thinks that the chick who was with the governor likes Glenn and may have partially told Maggie the truth to create a rift between them?

Damn, didn't see that coming.

Not sure what the priest did but he saved himself in some way.

Is Bob infected? Can fire kill the infection? If not, those guys don't have much time unless Bob is not bitten or scratched.

Oh where oh where is Beth? And, how do those guys still have fuel?

I'm guessing Bob is going to be replacing Herschel's demise from the comics based upon what just happened. I won't say what that is, but if so, it was cool in the comics... Might be less impactful here due to how they've altered things.
I believe you're thinking of Dale and not Herschel. But yeah.

Ohhh, right right right.

What about Carver and D'Angelo? Or Cutty and D'Angelo? I have the box set but haven't watched them in a few years.

I think that's all the questions I have for now.

ETA: It was Bunk and McNutty who had D'Angelo write that letter to the dead guy's kids, right? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh, right right right.

What about Carver and D'Angelo? Or Cutty and D'Angelo? I have the box set but haven't watched them in a few years.

I think that's all the questions I have for now.

ETA: It was Bunk and McNutty who had D'Angelo write that letter to the dead guy's kids, right? :lmao:
Yeah I don't recall any Carver/D interactions. And definitely none between Cutty and D.

The tree in Gabriel's front yard where Bob was captured, was that a marked tree related to the one in the previous preview that Morgan saw? Or just another clue that something went down outside the church?

Carol grabbed Darryl's cross bow... but did Michonne get her sword back? I know she was swinging around the double bladed broomstick when they were escaping.
I don't think so. :(
She had the sword with the red handle that was in the hidden bag at the very end.
Nope... no sword. I have to think it is part of the story line somehow since Carol could have easily "found" it along with the crossbow and watch. I know she talked about how it was part of a different life and such with the sword. Bummer.

I thought Bob was in the woods crying because he was about to kill himself. I thought he got bit by the submerged walker, and wanted to have 1 more night with his girl.
Ditto.

Bad case of food poisoning for the Termites?
That's what I thought too. And maybe the Termites actually saved his life by cutting off his leg. Although you think they'd notice.
I hope this is the case, otherwise Bob walking around made zero sense.

Still can't figure out why people wander outside alone at night.
I thought he got bit by the walker that took him underwater and that's why he was going outside to get away from the group. If not, yeah it was incredibly stupid on his part (and Carol's for that matter) to wander off like that.
I think Carol was trying to leave. I think she had gotten the car started.

Only thing that makes sense is that Bob was bitten.

So...does double zombie infected meat cause the Termites to die or go zombie?

It's so hard to keep up with what actually triggers turning to a zombie...

Would be kinda cool if they saved Bob's life by cutting off the bitten limb...but I don't think he'll be that lucky. I gotta think the bite is on his side or something...otherwise he would've opted to lop off that leg/foot already, right?

I thought he got bit by the walker that took him underwater and that's why he was going outside to get away from the group. If not, yeah it was incredibly stupid on his part (and Carol's for that matter) to wander off like that.
I think Carol was trying to leave. I think she had gotten the car started.
She definitely had it cranked and ready to leave...guess she's still having trouble forgiving herself.

Bob has too many lines tonight. Dead man walking IMO
Not just lines... deep thoughts. He's done
This is the writers trying to make you give a damn about him all of a sudden so when they kill him off they can claim "see, anyone still can die". Even though it's plain that not everyone can. Did anyone think for a minute that Glenn was going to butchered last week? What about in the tunnel last season?

Rick and the crew not figuring out a way to bash skulls from the safety of the first floor rather than going swimming with the walkers was silly. No one had the idea to whack/stab them from above before climbing down there? Oh, but the writers needed Bob to get bit...so all of a sudden the survivors turn conveniently stupid again.

And was the preacher panicking and running off into harm's way not cliche' in every way? Yeah, I've never seen that happen before in a horror/sci-fi movie.

And for Pete's sake, how are any of these guys still alive when they seem completely incapable of keeping track of more than one zombie at a time. It happens every freakin' episode. There are multiple zombies, but someone attacks one and suddenly becomes completely oblivious to every other zombie in the area and has to have a buddy kill one at their back just in the nick of time. It was Michonne this week. It's been like a year and a half now. Anyone still alive should be pretty experienced and acclimated to the prospect of taking on multiple slow-moving walkers.

I mean, WTF? The writers have made the zombies so predictable, stupid, weak, clumsy and slow, which is fine if that's the way they want them, and then write them consistently as being easy to avoid or overcome in some situations. But then when they need a scare the survivors inexplicably get caught by surprise all the time. Anyone see the preview for next week? The girl hears one, which means it is close, and looks through her night-vision scope in the complete wrong direction, and then SURPRISE it's suddenly right on top of her. I mean, how does anyone awake possibly get caught by surprise by a walker out in the open in this reality? Yet they do all the time. It's like a stupid Friday the 13th gimmick where Jason seems to miraculously teleport wherever he needs to to give the audience a jolt. Is TWD really pushing the genre forward by resorting to stupid "gotcha" moments like that every week?

For every step this show takes forward, such as references to scrounging and survivalist activities, they take two or three back by resorting to dumb B-movie conventions for a cheap thrill.

Bob has too many lines tonight. Dead man walking IMO
Not just lines... deep thoughts. He's done
This is the writers trying to make you give a damn about him all of a sudden so when they kill him off they can claim "see, anyone still can die". Even though it's plain that not everyone can. Did anyone think for a minute that Glenn was going to butchered last week? What about in the tunnel last season?

Rick and the crew not figuring out a way to bash skulls from the safety of the first floor rather than going swimming with the walkers was silly. No one had the idea to whack/stab them from above before climbing down there? Oh, but the writers needed Bob to get bit...so all of a sudden the survivors turn conveniently stupid again.

And was the preacher panicking and running off into harm's way not cliche' in every way? Yeah, I've never seen that happen before in a horror/sci-fi movie.

And for Pete's sake, how are any of these guys still alive when they seem completely incapable of keeping track of more than one zombie at a time. It happens every freakin' episode. There are multiple zombies, but someone attacks one and suddenly becomes completely oblivious to every other zombie in the area and has to have a buddy kill one at their back just in the nick of time. It was Michonne this week. It's been like a year and a half now. Anyone still alive should be pretty experienced and acclimated to the prospect of taking on multiple slow-moving walkers.

I mean, WTF? The writers have made the zombies so predictable, stupid, weak, clumsy and slow, which is fine if that's the way they want them, and then write them consistently as being easy to avoid or overcome in some situations. But then when they need a scare the survivors inexplicably get caught by surprise all the time. Anyone see the preview for next week? The girl hears one, which means it is close, and looks through her night-vision scope in the complete wrong direction, and then SURPRISE it's suddenly right on top of her. I mean, how does anyone awake possibly get caught by surprise by a walker out in the open in this reality? Yet they do all the time. It's like a stupid Friday the 13th gimmick where Jason seems to miraculously teleport wherever he needs to to give the audience a jolt. Is TWD really pushing the genre forward by resorting to stupid "gotcha" moments like that every week?

For every step this show takes forward, such as references to scrounging and survivalist activities, they take two or three back by resorting to dumb B-movie conventions for a cheap thrill.
Yeah, well...like...that's just your opinion, man.

I thought it was kinda funny that the chubby guy on TTD was actually unintentionally pointing out some of the stupid stuff written into the show in some of his comments. He basically said that if it's the zombie apocalypse, he wouldn't go anywhere alone. He's right. And we'd all be that way.

And Carol is running off now by herself for some reason? Guilt maybe? Comeon. That's ill-conceived silly melodrama stuff. People who do things necessary to survive beat themselves up over it AFTER they come home to a quiet, safe alternative reality and have the luxury of mulling it over. But the survivors in TWD are still in the war zone on the front lines. They aren't walking around waxing philosophical about their moral dilemmas. They are too busy surviving. Geez, some of this moral dilemma crap being written into the story is so contrived and dumb. It's like the writers have no idea that there are people in real life who are stuck in horrible circumstances all over the world in disaster areas and in regions of civil unrest and just plain old 3rd world cesspools who manage to rationally make it through their day doing what it takes to survive without all the hand-wringing and heavy introspection.

I thought it was kinda funny that the chubby guy on TTD was actually unintentionally pointing out some of the stupid stuff written into the show in some of his comments. He basically said that if it's the zombie apocalypse, he wouldn't go anywhere alone. He's right. And we'd all be that way.

And Carol is running off now by herself for some reason? Guilt maybe? Comeon. That's ill-conceived silly melodrama stuff. People who do things necessary to survive beat themselves up over it AFTER they come home to a quiet, safe alternative reality and have the luxury of mulling it over. But the survivors in TWD are still in the war zone on the front lines. They aren't walking around waxing philosophical about their moral dilemmas. They are too busy surviving. Geez, some of this moral dilemma crap being written into the story is so contrived and dumb. It's like the writers have no idea that there are people in real life who are stuck in horrible circumstances all over the world in disaster areas and in regions of civil unrest and just plain old 3rd world cesspools who manage to rationally make it through their day doing what it takes to survive without all the hand-wringing and heavy introspection.
You and Malloy should date.

For those of us who don't read the comics the last scene was an absolute :o :o :o :o moment.

I still think Bob was bitten and that's why he went off into the woods. He asked for one more kiss from Sasha and then wanted to get away from the group before he turned. Agree with those who said Carol was about to leave and that's why she wandered off. I find it interesting that she's struggling to re-acclimate herself into the group.

I expected them to deal with Tara's role in the Governor's attack but thought it might end up being a more significant storyline. But I'm glad they did address it, especially with Maggie. Tara hanging around the group in shame was done last season. No reason for it to continue at this point.

Does Rick have the machete with the red handle because I want him to end Gareth in the worst way.

Another strong episode. The season is off to a terrific start.

#BobBQ

Last edited by a moderator:

You and Malloy should date.
:lol: I was thinking it was his alias and he just forgot to log back in as himself..

With Bob taken and Daryl/Carol off in search of Beth it seems pretty safe to assume Rick and Abraham are going to be at odds with the whole DC plan. Abraham's gonna want to go; Rick won't leave until he finds Bob, Daryl and Carol.

Users who are viewing this thread