What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

5: fans of the show who find the silly things silly- and are able to talk about them without diminishing their own ability in liking the show.

you guys (WD apologists) don't have to defend every single thing- there's a lot of bizarre and poorly written stuff in this show... learn to embrace and enjoy it. there is a middle ground here.
It's weird how defensive and personal the apologists seem to get over this show.It's like someone is saying their baby is ugly or something.
Nothing is personal, this is a freaking message board, it just gets old in the thread to have so many complaints cluttering it up. Especially when half of them are complaints that aren't even valid (like the propane tank ones and worrying about them deciding to make sure they escape and not risk fighting zombies for more guns). I don't care if you like the show or not, I'd (me personally) rather discuss what happened and potential for what happens next. As bigbottom said above, it was a great episode with a lot that happened and IMHO, it gets annoying to keep reading complaints, especially ones that aren't really correct. That said, we can reply to your complaints and point out all the holes just like you can complain about whatever you want.
Nothing valid about your defense of leaving those weapons on the ground.And I didn't bring up the propane tank, bottle rocket shot...not really my argument.

No one has told me why Tyrese didn't blast that fool with the baby...or why they're so concerned about counting every round expended but waste countless rounds trying to rat maze them to the freight cars. It was ridiculous drama for the sake of drama...no one would've done that...they'd have disarmed them and simply walked them into the freight car.

And simple discussion "fixed" that blood trough scene for the better by simply swapping Bob for Glenn. No one in their right mind thought Glenn was ever in ANY danger.
Man, whatever I say, you will disagree with regardless, but here I go again.1. It was very valid. First of all, you said they left weapons at their feet. That is wrong. They were a good 20-30 yards away. Second, you stated that they were wasting countless rounds, which tells me that there were a lot of zombies coming that way. Third, you act like this is a video game where you just need to walk near weapons and have them magically picked up. They were all being eaten, so there were already zombies all over them. My point is that they made the choice to go for the escape and not risk picking up weapons that may not have been easy with all of the zombies around. Plus, you said they were wasting a lot of rounds, so maybe, there wasn't much ammo left anyway. Also, as I stated in my response (which you never countered) before, Rick was able to shoot Garreth due to surprise on the way to saving his comrades. If they stopped, fought walkers with pipes/knives, Garreth and his men up top could have easily been ready and thus a firefight or people in the group dead or no escape would have been much more likely than what occurred (surprising Garreth, saving the rest of the group and a narrow escape). So, in summary, I disagree that picking up those weapons, for which they may not have had more ammo, was not the right move and they made the right move to escape and get back to their existing cache of weapons for which they had more ammo.

2. Pretty obvious that Tyrese is a very emotional guy. He was caring for two girls that both died and he wasn't ready to get back to being like Carol and being an emotionless killer. That reason may not be good enough for you, but that sure seemed to be what they implied and whether you like it or not, that is his character. He was hoping he wouldn't have to kill that guy and he screwed up.

3. I think you are assuming that Garreth running a tight ship means that they can't fire weapons. He killed his friend because he wasn't doinng a good job bringing Rick in, he's been altered a bit by the trauma they went through and I think the ammo counting has more to do with his making sure he has full 100% control of his folks than saving ammo. It is also weird that you think they wouldn't use the ammo when they are being attacked by a herd of zombies, which clearly they had never encountered. Did you see the people running scared at the fence when Carol was shooting the tank? Seemed to me that they weren't ready for the zombies, just other humans.

4. Who cares about switching Bob. Of course we knew Glenn lived, I saw it in the previews. We all new the guy would stop swinging, so why does it matter that they didn't make us worried about Bob? Maybe Bob was in the previews as well, I don't recall. I knew it would stop at Glenn. It is kind of like the bottle rocket. We knew she was going to blow up the tank, it was happening no matter what. Maybe I would have liked her to point it giving it more realism, but it was going to happen, no need to worry about it. I probably would have been more worried about Bob as well, but it doesn't bother me.

There are my thoughts, have at them.
I have no idea what you're rambling on about the wasting of ammo in fighting the zombie horde...that's not what I'm referring to...I'm talking about when they rounded Rick's crew up at the end of last season. They fire off round after round to herd them to the freight cars. That's just useless tv drama. No one would do that...especially if they were so damned concerned about every single round someone has used. They'd simply disarm them and walk them to the freight car at gunpoint.
You missed my point in #3 completely. I don't think they were concerned about every single round they used. Did Garreth say he was pissed they used 34 or was he trying to display that he ran an ultra tight ship because he didn't want what happened before to happen again? I posted in here before the premiere that I felt like the Terminus guys were a well oiled machine and well prepared. I didn't know about their past, but my observation is valid. Because of what they went through before when they were loose and letting anyone in to try and protect them, Garreth turned them into a group of people that pay attention to every detail and do things according to the book. He killed one of his friends (Alex) who went through the trauma with him with no thought. Alex went off the books and didn't have the situation under control so he killed him.Never once did they say that there was a concern of wasted ammo. It has been a control issue with Garreth starting with killing Alex. Even the two butchers talked about sticking to protocol not being on security detail, i.e. ignore the explosion and continue butchering.

Does that make sense?

ETA: Any thoughts on #1 or do you agree that they might have made the right move leaving the weapons to the zombies?
I do not agree about leaving the weapons...sorry but I'll never be convinced that...we'll have to just agree to disagree. I don't think anyone at that moment would leave those weapons for sticks.
Cool, we will disagree. I don't think anyone with survival/escape as their ultimate go in that situation would go into the oncoming zombie herd (they were already on top of the people Rick shot in seconds) with 1 gun instead of bolting to save their friends and get out. No reason to belabor it, but you say they wasted ammo, so IMHO the better cache of weapons was what they buried not the weapons on the ground. We have seen plenty of herds (Atlanta in the tank, Atlanta at the store, the farm, the school, etc.) and every time the flight to get out was the #1 priority because getting trapped with weapons <<<<<< being safe without weapons.

Also, I think the biggest difference in our statements is that you keep saying "leave" and "at their feet" in regards to the weapons, when I am thinking they would have had to fight zombies to "get" the weapons. If they were outside of Terminus in that situation, I'd agree, they would probably be able to fight the front wave of the zombies, get the weapons and be safe. That said, they were in Terminus where there were still Termites with guns and those weren't the only zombies and they didn't have the rest of the group yet. Time was a big factor in getting out safe.

OK, I think I have gone on way too much on this, but this is a good debate. We disagree, simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think Rick should get a boat. An island would be the safest place you could be.
Better be a row boat or a sailboat because there's no way the gas is still good.
Yeah like thats never been discussed in here.....

Day +30 I'm headed to key west or Marathas vineyard.... whatever is closest.
You dont need a boat to get to Key West good buddy
what if the walkers are blocking the 7 mile bridge?

I also think Rick should get a boat. An island would be the safest place you could be.
Better be a row boat or a sailboat because there's no way the gas is still good.

what if the walkers are blocking the 7 mile bridge?
Would make for a hell of a 7 mile long tracking shot!

:truedetectivenerd:

From the previews, it looks like another new cast member is coming on board, based on the comics:

Carver from The Wire will be playing Gabriel, the priest.
Looked like him in the preview and I confirmed on imdb.

You would after I blew up one of the bridges.

Has anyone questioned why Tyreese would take the zombie off the spike next to the cabin?

Just cleaning up?

Laurie Holden is a bad-a** in real life. Part of a rescue operation, saved 55 underage Sex Slaves in Columbia
the writers really #### the bed with her character....
:goodposting:

For me, this was the greatest travesty of the show. They had a blueprint in the comics and wasted a potentially great character.
Kinda think they just swapped Andrea and Carol's roles from the comics. Carol now kinda fills that bad-### Andrea role, and Andrea is the dead one with issues.

Did Tyrese actually kill the Termite? Beat him senseless sure, kill him? He is punching the crap out of him saying how he won;t kill him. Don't remember ever actually seeing the body

I'm guessing Bob is going to be replacing Herschel's demise from the comics based upon what just happened. I won't say what that is, but if so, it was cool in the comics... Might be less impactful here due to how they've altered things.

I'm guessing Bob is going to be replacing Herschel's demise from the comics based upon what just happened. I won't say what that is, but if so, it was cool in the comics... Might be less impactful here due to how they've altered things.
okay, now there is no question about it

Still can't figure out why people wander outside alone at night.
I thought he got bit by the walker that took him underwater and that's why he was going outside to get away from the group. If not, yeah it was incredibly stupid on his part (and Carol's for that matter) to wander off like that.

Users who are viewing this thread