What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Very dramatic of Darrel to smash the lights on the car. Or he could have just turned them off with the switch I suppose.
Your car has a switch for brake lights?
He's gonna chase those guys from the front?
yea, it was a :whoosh: to me why he'd break out the tail lights to chase someone..
When there are no lights anywhere, the glow from your brake lights will be noticeable to anyone looking in the rearview mirror.

Very dramatic of Darrel to smash the lights on the car. Or he could have just turned them off with the switch I suppose.
yea, it was a :whoosh: to me why he'd break out the tail lights to chase someone..
When there are no lights anywhere, the glow from your brake lights will be noticeable to anyone looking in the rearview mirror.
Ahhhh.. That makes sense.. :thanks:

Anyone think that Gareth was a little too comfortable talking to Bob at the end and perhaps Bob was a former Termite? Daryl found him just wandering aimlessly...perhaps he was a little mentally messed up after eating people or the group he was with was dinner and he escaped. It just felt like there was more to it.

Anyone think that Gareth was a little too comfortable talking to Bob at the end and perhaps Bob was a former Termite? Daryl found him just wandering aimlessly...perhaps he was a little mentally messed up after eating people or the group he was with was dinner and he escaped. It just felt like there was more to it.
Some of the things Gareth said made me think they had history, something about how they would have eaten anyone, but because it was him it was a cosmic justice.

Their history though could have been the Terminus fight and nothing before that.

Just picking nits.

And when there are no lights anywhere it's hard as hell to drive, let alone walk. I live out where there are no lights at night. When I first moved here I had to take baby steps when going down the driveway to make sure I didn't take a step into the ditch.

Some of the things Gareth said made me think they had history, something about how they would have eaten anyone, but because it was him it was a cosmic justice.

Their history though could have been the Terminus fight and nothing before that.
Maybe Bob was with the first group that tried to take over Terminus?

:goodposting: that was my thought also.. What goes around comes around..

Yeah it definitely seemed like there was a history there.

Another good episode. Season is starting off really well.

I had the same thought initially but you can't cut the brake lights off. They always come on. I suppose he was trying to get the car completely dark so if they had to flee, there would be no brake lights to give them away to a pursuer. Of course, there's always the rear window brake light too, so...

The odd thing was that the brake lights were the only lights on at the time. I didn't see any headlights, interior lights or parking lights. So if the lights were turned off, and the brake lights only come on when someone is tapping the brakes, how were the brake lights on when he and Carol were outside the car? Maybe the parking lights were on as well but that didn't come through on camera. I don't know.

Curious how that might play out. If Bob had dealings with them before he met up with Rick's group and yet walked right back in without warning his new friends, that could be a huge plot hole.

So I'm not sure if the familiarity is from way back when or from after he meets up with Rick's group but after the split when their sub-group arrives in Terminus but before Rick's sub-group arrives.

I wonder if his medic training made him a candidate for membership while the others were destined for the grill. Gareth tries to recruit him because they need a medic on the team, but he tells Gareth to go screw himself and his cannibalistic agenda so he ends right back in the railway car as cattle.

I had the same thought initially but you can't cut the brake lights off. They always come on. I suppose he was trying to get the car completely dark so if they had to flee, there would be no brake lights to give them away to a pursuer. Of course, there's always the rear window brake light too, so...

The odd thing was that the brake lights were the only lights on at the time. I didn't see any headlights, interior lights or parking lights. So if the lights were turned off, and the brake lights only come on when someone is tapping the brakes, how were the brake lights on when he and Carol were outside the car? Maybe the parking lights were on as well but that didn't come through on camera. I don't know.
I think this is the gist of what they were trying to show, going covert while not having it take more than a few seconds (of TV time).

Talking #### to a guy while eating his leg is the new awesome. Govenor who?
The ending turned a very good episode into a top 10 episode.

I doubt very much that Bob was bitten in the leg and they cut his leg off for that reason. If that was the case, I just don't see them eating his leg.

You kind of knew Bob's night wasn't going to end well when he said "one more (or last) kiss".

Man's gotta eat. What an awesome line. One of the best on the show. For some reason, it reminded me of: "got milk"

I don't think Gareth and friends cut off Bob's leg to save him in any way. He was clearly dinner. The question for me, though, is if Bob was bit does that come into play with the Termites? Maybe they all start dropping like flies and only Gareth is left which forces him to try and weasel his way into the group.

I doubt very much that Bob was bitten in the leg and they cut his leg off for that reason. If that was the case, I just don't see them eating his leg.

You kind of knew Bob's night wasn't going to end well when he said "one more (or last) kiss".

Man's gotta eat. What an awesome line. One of the best on the show. For some reason, it reminded me of: "got milk"
That line was pulled directly from the comics. They're doing that more frequently of late. If you haven't read them, you should. They're great. I'm not a comic guy at all, and I've really enjoyed them.

That line was pulled directly from the comics. They're doing that more frequently of late. If you haven't read them, you should. They're great. I'm not a comic guy at all, and I've really enjoyed them.
Kirkman and Gimple have both said this season will follow the comics more than any other season to date.

I'm tempted to read the comics but I really like the element of surprise. If I had known what happened to Bob last night happened to Dale in the comics I'm not sure that final scene would've packed the same punch.

Kirkman and Gimple have both said this season will follow the comics more than any other season to date.

I'm tempted to read the comics but I really like the element of surprise. If I had known what happened to Bob last night happened to Dale in the comics I'm not sure that final scene would've packed the same punch.
It wouldn't have (I have a coworker who reveals a little more comic stuff than I'd like him to).

I don't think Bob was bitten. Don't forget he is an alcoholic. He may have felt the need to remove himself from the party.
That is possible.. but why would he be crying? I may be mistaken, but did he have a handgun in his hand when he got hit?

I'm not sure that he got bit as he didn't seem to have the reaction that someone was gnawiing on his leg under the water. I thought he was scratched under the water.

It seems if Gareth recognized that Bob was one of the group that overtook them, he may have been first in line at the trough to get whacked. I don't know. He and the preacher didn't seem to recognize each other so he probably wasn't with that group.

Also, if Bob was one of the group that overtook Terminus and then was booted out Gareth, why would he want to go back there knowing they would recognize him?

If he is a part of the terminus group I'd say he was part of Gareth's original group that was actually overtaken by the bad guys. But when Gareth reclaimed terminus, Bob wasn't around to help him. That would still allow a history with Gareth and Bob. Maybe Bob was part of the reason terminus fell to begin with?

I don't think Bob was bitten. Don't forget he is an alcoholic. He may have felt the need to remove himself from the party.
That is possible.. but why would he be crying? I may be mistaken, but did he have a handgun in his hand when he got hit?

I'm not sure that he got bit as he didn't seem to have the reaction that someone was gnawiing on his leg under the water. I thought he was scratched under the water.
Bob is a sensitive guy with a mysterious past. Plenty of reasons he could be crying. Do scratches even do anything? Seems like they checked for scratches back in season one but nothing came of it.

Well, Tyreese is officially worthless now.
They must be saving Tyreese for some sort of meltdown where he bludgeons a bunch of people (zombies and/or termites?) to save the group, singlehandedly. He beat the guy but can't (yet) bring himself to kill a live human being. Pretty wimpy right now though.

Yeah I was really hoping to see a stronger character. But if he didn't kill Chewer that's worse than when Carl couldn't kill the walker that eventually ripped open Dale.

So basically on the toughness scale Carl > Tyreese. That ain't good, man.

Bob is a sensitive guy with a mysterious past. Plenty of reasons he could be crying.Do scratches even do anything? Seems like they checked for scratches back in season one but nothing came of it.
Seems they checked for scratches and bites in earlier seasons so I thought they could turn from that too. Not sure.

There was no notable recognition with Gareth/Bob at Terminus. He is just taking satisfaction in catching someone who helped destroy his home.

They must be saving Tyreese for some sort of meltdown where he bludgeons a bunch of people (zombies and/or termites?) to save the group, singlehandedly. He beat the guy but can't (yet) bring himself to kill a live human being. Pretty wimpy right now though.
And how excited was he to stay behind at the church with the baby.
He was giddy.

Bob is a sensitive guy with a mysterious past. Plenty of reasons he could be crying.Do scratches even do anything? Seems like they checked for scratches back in season one but nothing came of it.
Seems they checked for scratches and bites in earlier seasons so I thought they could turn from that too. Not sure.
My recollection is that they die from an infection. And then they turn after dying, just like everyone else.

Yeah I was really hoping to see a stronger character. But if he didn't kill Chewer that's worse than when Carl couldn't kill the walker that eventually ripped open Dale.

So basically on the toughness scale Carl > Tyreese. That ain't good, man.
Wouldn't be surprising if the gum chewer Tyreese let live ends up killing Tyreese's sister, or something, and Tyreese loses it and becomes more like the new Rick (no longer trusts anyone).

My recollection is that they die from an infection. And then they turn after dying, just like everyone else.
Right. And a scratch isn't enough to kill anyone. So the checking for scratches was back before they released everyone was carrying it. IIRC

We've all seen the development of Carol's character throughout the series, which we have all enjoyed. I am expecting the same with Tyreese. He will eventually be a bad###. We need more character development, which this will be. I'm fine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread