What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looting in Missouri after cops shoot 18 year old (1 Viewer)

The important part is by any violence, we can by extension extraplolate that all black people in ferguson, and all black people in general, commonly known as "they", "them", or "those people" are really animals. And pretty much deserving of whatever they get. Less than actual human beings really. :sarcasm:

Good statement by Obama.
sure .. always love when a president tells cops how to do their job.. "you need to work WITH the community not against them" :rolleyes:
seriously - why is he involved with this case anyway? He should be focused on the country not one case in one local jurisdiction.

Also love his arrogance in telling everyone what they should be doing. He is all in with his Emperor MO.
You're utterly ridiculous as a human being.
I'm sick of the cops from the right, but I love how the left keeps showing its true colors in these threads. It's always, always personal. I love you.
LLiberals can't fathom an opposing opinion so you must be racist/sexist/whatever if you don't agree with them.

The important part is by any violence, we can by extension extraplolate that all black people in ferguson, and all black people in general, commonly known as "they", "them", or "those people" are really animals. And pretty much deserving of whatever they get. Less than actual human beings really. :sarcasm:
Race card was used up about 4 pages ago. Sorry.

So many of the witnesses that went public ended up recanting and admitting that they didn't even witness it. And lots of other witnesses, all African American, contradicted them and backed up the police officer's story.

Seems like this case really was about race. Only it appears it was about black leaders standing on the dead body of a young black man to stir up tensions and promote themselves.

Serious question - would this have gone to a grand jury with the same facts but let's say it wasn't a national story? Seems like grand jury's almost always return whatever the prosecutor wants.

Were the grand jury proceedings just a show so that people could feel that this wasn't totally swept under the rug? This 'case' sounded like it would be impossible to get a convicting beyond a reasonable doubt anyway.
In my experience, a grand jury will indict anyone the prosecutor wants.

You must wake up hating yourself every morning.

Good statement by Obama.
sure .. always love when a president tells cops how to do their job.. "you need to work WITH the community not against them" :rolleyes:
seriously - why is he involved with this case anyway? He should be focused on the country not one case in one local jurisdiction.Also love his arrogance in telling everyone what they should be doing. He is all in with his Emperor MO.
That was totally uncalled for.

You must wake up hating yourself every morning.
Jackstraw so wants his moment so he can say he was alive "when that thing happened" and he "fought the good fight".

Last edited by a moderator:
Good statement by Obama.
seriously - why is he involved with this case anyway? He should be focused on the country not one case in one local jurisdiction.Also love his arrogance in telling everyone what they should be doing. He is all in with his Emperor MO.
its all good - he is showing his true colors. Let him carry on :thumbup:

So many of the witnesses that went public ended up recanting and admitting that they didn't even witness it. And lots of other witnesses, all African American, contradicted them and backed up the police officer's story.

Seems like this case really was about race. Only it appears it was about black leaders standing on the dead body of a young black man to stir up tensions and promote themselves.
A lot of people in this thread did too.

Link to anyone saying that in here?

Everything else aside, how about technology? 70,000 people watching a video feed streamed from a handheld phone. Imagine if this had been true for more of history.
And yet he had to borrow a phone to check on his family?
Haha, good point. You'd think you could multi-task.

Good statement by Obama.
:lol:

Well, less than a handful of cigarillos at least. That was what Brown risked his life for.

I thought Obama started off very well, which is why I wrote what I did early on. He went on a little bit too long, though I generally agree with most of his points. The most important part was that he was calling for peaceful protests.

We won't know until much later how many people took his advice, but I suspect that the vast majority of protests will be peaceful. I hope so anyhow.

Live stream guy tried getting into a car to catch up. They wouldn't let him in. :lmao:

Good statement by Obama.
its all good - he is showing his true colors. Let him carry on :thumbup:
Hey, if my "true colors" are pointing out when people are being ludicrous, I'm happy.

Don Lemon. When your gas mask as a pure prop becomes, "What, they're actually gas! Where's my stand in?"

I thought Obama started off very well, which is why I wrote what I did early on. He went on a little bit too long, though I generally agree with most of his points. The most important part was that he was calling for peaceful protests.

We won't know until much later how many people took his advice, but I suspect that the vast majority of protests will be peaceful. I hope so anyhow.
You wrote this already.....just shut up!!!!!!

Generally agree? Geezuz, Tim. You ALWAYS agree.

Link to anyone saying that in here?
GrandpaRox is the only one I can think of.
Yeah, most of the others know better than to go that far.

Serious question - would this have gone to a grand jury with the same facts but let's say it wasn't a national story? Seems like grand jury's almost always return whatever the prosecutor wants.

Were the grand jury proceedings just a show so that people could feel that this wasn't totally swept under the rug? This 'case' sounded like it would be impossible to get a convicting beyond a reasonable doubt anyway.
In my experience, a grand jury will indict anyone the prosecutor wants.
In a typical case, yes. In most cases, prosecutors have decided that they have enough evidence to take to trial and win. In this case, public pressure forced them to take the case to a grand jury even though they clearly had doubts. So instead of using prosecutorial discretion (the real kind), they brought ALL the evidence to a grand jury made up of citizens to make the decision so that it would not look like the prosecutors just declined to prosecute a clearly deficient case.

So not only do you ignore reading other posts in threads before posting, you also fail to listen to press conferences before posting. Is the iPhone to blame for this as well?

Lost in all of this stupidity is the reality that those who initially reported the Brown was more or less executed made up their accounts, or were just wrong. Not many want to acknowledge this realization of the facts presented to the Grand Jury, but it seems like the initial reports were a far cry from the travesty that some still assume.

Users who are viewing this thread