What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Battle Of The Birds Seahawks @ Eagles (1 Viewer)

I am truly a packers fan, have been forever. I know that GB if they play Seattle, is going to be in for a hell of a game. That D + Lynch is nasty man. Yea the Eagles punked Dallas but Dallas's defense is god awful & Romo looked horrible (missed open receivers)

Just my opinion, not worth a lot!!

Good luck to both teams but especially Russell Wilson-- I could really use a 3 td day from him!

Some interesting stats. Wilson has fumbled the ball 9 times (3rd most in the league) and been sacked 31 times (6th most). Eagles defense is 2nd in the league in sacks and 1st in forced fumbles. Always simplistic to say, but this game will come down to turnovers. Can Sanchez avoid mistakes and can Wilson be protected and hold on to the ball if he isn't.

Who would you start in this game Wilson or Sanchez?
I have this same dilemma and I'm going with Wilson. I think a conservative estimate for Wilson is 220/60/1 with the possibility of a rushing TD. If Wilson has a very good games, he's looking at 250/80/2 with a rushing TD. Which, assuming they get added processions due to Kelly's fast paced offense, is a doable stat line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone - Eagles fan here. I wanted to get some Seattle perspectives on their receivers. A lot of things I've heard recently is that the receivers aren't very good on Seattle and their passing game isn't the same since Percy Harvin was traded. Is there any truth to this?

I heard some really good commentary on the differences between the Eagles corners and Seattle's corners today on local radio. Seattle defenders try to jam you and keep you jammed at the line of scrimmage if they can. Philadelphia defenders jam, but then let up and also let the receiver dictate which direction they will release. Also, the Eagles secondary isn't terrible, but they are taught to face guard and aren't very good at turning their heads and locating the football. Malcolm Jenkins is a solid cover safety with a knack for big plays. Nate Allen is okay, not as horrible as in years past, but is more likely to let a big play go on miscommunication than Jenkins.

I expect the Eagles to go big and use more 2 TE sets than they have the rest of the season. I expect them to go to Ertz, Celek, and Matthews early and often. I also expect more passes than usual to Sproles and McCoy out of the backfield. Should be a good game, I'm most excited to see how the Eagles Stout run defense fairs against the Marshawn Lynch.

Hi everyone - Eagles fan here. I wanted to get some Seattle perspectives on their receivers. A lot of things I've heard recently is that the receivers aren't very good on Seattle and their passing game isn't the same since Percy Harvin was traded. Is there any truth to this?

I heard some really good commentary on the differences between the Eagles corners and Seattle's corners today on local radio. Seattle defenders try to jam you and keep you jammed at the line of scrimmage if they can. Philadelphia defenders jam, but then let up and also let the receiver dictate which direction they will release. Also, the Eagles secondary isn't terrible, but they are taught to face guard and aren't very good at turning their heads and locating the football. Malcolm Jenkins is a solid cover safety with a knack for big plays. Nate Allen is okay, not as horrible as in years past, but is more likely to let a big play go on miscommunication than Jenkins.

I expect the Eagles to go big and use more 2 TE sets than they have the rest of the season. I expect them to go to Ertz, Celek, and Matthews early and often. I also expect more passes than usual to Sproles and McCoy out of the backfield. Should be a good game, I'm most excited to see how the Eagles Stout run defense fairs against the Marshawn Lynch.
The passing game has been better with Harvin gone because we don't force feed him those awful bubble screens. I'd also say that the Seattle corners do both zone and man coverage so you'll see them jam but also press/bail. It kind of depends on the pre-snap look they want to give Sanchez and given that the jury is still out on him I think disguising the coverage a little bit will be enough.

Without trying to sound dismissive, I'm not very worried about Ertz and Celek. Wagner, Wright, and Irvin can cover them fine. More concerning (and what I expect to see happen early) is when an LB pulls out MLB out and they drop Sproles/McCoy just into the shallow middle which is a soft spot in the defense. They way we counter is by gearing Kam Chancellor to just pound them. It's the same with the slot slants I think Matthews will run.

By the end of the game it will either be the Eagles have slowly killed us with the middle or they keep hearing Kam's footsteps and drop into a fetal position as Seattle wins. It should be a fun game to watch.

The passing game has been better with Harvin gone because we don't force feed him those awful bubble screens. I'd also say that the Seattle corners do both zone and man coverage so you'll see them jam but also press/bail. It kind of depends on the pre-snap look they want to give Sanchez and given that the jury is still out on him I think disguising the coverage a little bit will be enough.

Without trying to sound dismissive, I'm not very worried about Ertz and Celek. Wagner, Wright, and Irvin can cover them fine. More concerning (and what I expect to see happen early) is when an LB pulls out MLB out and they drop Sproles/McCoy just into the shallow middle which is a soft spot in the defense. They way we counter is by gearing Kam Chancellor to just pound them. It's the same with the slot slants I think Matthews will run.

By the end of the game it will either be the Eagles have slowly killed us with the middle or they keep hearing Kam's footsteps and drop into a fetal position as Seattle wins. It should be a fun game to watch.
You sound dismissive. ;)

Not that you shouldn't be with that defense. Eagles need to step up to win this one.

For Eagles having such a "stout" defense, they are pretty weak up the middle in terms of run defense. They are ranked better at defending the off tackle and outside runs. But are ranked 25th i runs up the gut which is where BeastMode lives.

Should be a great matchup!

For Eagles having such a "stout" defense, they are pretty weak up the middle in terms of run defense. They are ranked better at defending the off tackle and outside runs. But are ranked 25th i runs up the gut which is where BeastMode lives.

Should be a great matchup!
Do you have a link to these rankings? Not that I don't believe you, but that actually surprises me..

Eagles are going to get smoked this week. Game won't even be close. Seahawks eat these type of "up tempo", no defense teams alive.

Eagles are going to get smoked this week. Game won't even be close. Seahawks eat these type of "up tempo", no defense teams alive.
This is the only post I've seen of this thread from using the drop down feature in the SP. I'm sure it's the dumbest as well. Good job.

I wouldn't mind you being correct, but what, exactly, are you basing this on?

The only team they've faced this year that you could possibly call "up-tempo" might be the Broncos, and they hardly "ate them alive," seeing as how they needed OT to win.

So, based on 1 OT win this year, you've determined that Seattle eats up-tempo teams alive?

This is the only post I've seen of this thread from using the drop down feature in the SP. I'm sure it's the dumbest as well. Good job.
We will see come Sunday. If Im correct you will feel pretty stupid.
when you're wrong, will you disappear like all the other horrible 'predictions'?

I wouldn't mind you being correct, but what, exactly, are you basing this on?

The only team they've faced this year that you could possibly call "up-tempo" might be the Broncos, and they hardly "ate them alive," seeing as how they needed OT to win.

So, based on 1 OT win this year, you've determined that Seattle eats up-tempo teams alive?
I'm only remembering through a drunken haze, but that Chargers game sure felt up tempo and we couldn't get out of our own way in that one. Meh.

Going to be tough for the Eagles. Wish this one was at 1PM instead of 4 as that would help with the HF advantage.

To me, the matchup of the game is the SEA safeties and LBs versus Celek, Ertz, Shady and Sproles. If the Eagles can get some sustained drives....they'll be able to wear down the SEA front four.

In the end though... I think Wilson will be the star in this game.

SEA24 PHI 17

Going to be tough for the Eagles. Wish this one was at 1PM instead of 4 as that would help with the HF advantage.

To me, the matchup of the game is the SEA safeties and LBs versus Celek, Ertz, Shady and Sproles. If the Eagles can get some sustained drives....they'll be able to wear down the SEA front four.

SEA24 PHI 17
Why is this a 4 o'clock game? I've seen the Eagles play many west coast teams at 1pm.

SEA24 PHI 17
Why is this a 4 o'clock game? I've seen the Eagles play many west coast teams at 1pm.
FOX's national game oif the week

I'm an Eagles fan and I don't see how we win this one.

We've lost to every good team we've faced: ARI, SF, GB and got lucky vs IND.

We've got a good record at home but against poor competition.

I'd love to be wrong but I think Seattle takes this one and sets us up for a must-win vs DAL next week.

I'd love to be wrong but I think Seattle takes this one and sets us up for a must-win vs DAL next week.
No comment one way or the other on the info above--I wanted to point out I love your avatar of Captain Avatar and my childhood love of Starblazers. That is all.

Thunderlips said:

SEA24 PHI 17
The Seahawks rotate their front 4 pretty heavily and had a plan in place for an up-tempo Denver attack. I know PHI runs it even faster but I don't see this as insurmountable even when (not if) the Eagles sustain drives.

No comment one way or the other on the info above--I wanted to point out I love your avatar of Captain Avatar and my childhood love of Starblazers. That is all.
The pessimist in me agrees.

The optimist in me knows we DID best IND, and were 1 yard away from besting SF and AZ.

They really are THAT close to being 11-1, and wins after the long trips out west, against playoff level competition, would have been complete surprises IMO...and they almost got 'em!

Should be a helluva game.

All these scared Eagles fans. "Oh if only it was at 1pm. Oh that Seahawks defense is so good. Oh we made the cowboys mad by beating them so bad. Oh I'm so scared we'll lose the division now because we won too good on Thanksgiving."

Bunch of pansies is all I hear this week on the radio. I'm telling you, that loss to Green Bay put a laser focus on this team. We're not good enough to just show up. We need to bring it every single week and that defense has answered the call so far. The Eagles defense will stop Lynch and limit Wilson. This seahawks team is not invincible. They gave up 24 points to the chiefs 3 weeks ago. The Chiefs who haven't thrown a TD to a WR all year.

What will be the excuse when we win this week? Seahawks had too much rest? Lynch was too injured? The sun was in Sherman's eye?

Then next week they'll find every reason they can why Dallas will dominate us. They have a front page story on ESPN about Dallas winning 9 games. Are you kidding me? Throw a damn parade.

Eagles win this week, Eagles win next week, Eagles don't lose again this year. Nut up or shut up time.

I hope Russel Wilson reads your post and goes ape-#### on the Eagles this weekend and throws for 600 yards and 8 TDs and runs in another 3.

I may have Wilson on my FF roster.

I hope Russel Wilson reads your post and goes ape-#### on the Eagles this weekend and throws for 600 yards and 8 TDs and runs in another 3.

On the off chance that Wilson is so soft that he needs a message board post to motivate him, then the Eagles win 52-0.

On the off chance that Wilson is so soft that he needs a message board post to motivate him, then the Eagles win 52-0.
I love the confidence here man. Solid. It's too bad ITS does essentially the same thing and gets lambasted for it, but I'm sure folks will say he deserves it.

I love the confidence here man. Solid. It's too bad ITS does essentially the same thing and gets lambasted for it, but I'm sure folks will say he deserves it.
Insein isn't an insufferable jackass like IBS.

IBS problem is not that he's an overconfident Seahawks homer, it's that he makes over-exaggerated claims of greatness and when that claim is dis-proven he doesn't show up - LIKE A MAN - but disappears for months at a time hoping everyone will forget what he said initially. Rinse and repeat.

Just my opinion - take it for what it's worth.

Insein isn't anywhere near as insufferable as that jackass.

ITS problem is not that he's an overconfident Seahawks homer, it's that he makes over-exaggerated claims of greatness and when that claim is dis-proven he doesn't show up - LIKE A MAN - but disappears for months at a time hoping everyone will forget what he said initially. Rinse and repeat.

Just my opinion - take it for what it's worth.
Exactly. I'm just showing some bravado because no one else is.

Insein isn't an insufferable jackass.
There's a feather in your cap.

It really is silly to compare these two, though.

:thumbup:

:thumbup:
Yep, I just like pointing that crap out. Carry on.

But you are right about one thing...it's about time some Eagles fans showed some balls. :sadbanana:

26-20 Eagles. Tough opponent, but I love how the Eagles match up. They'll be able to stop the run and pound the rock. Get the defense winded, not give them enough time to disguise schemes and limit the pass rush due to tempo.

Seahawks can win the game handily on Sunday. But, by no means should you even consider yourself as forming an informed opinion on the matter. Bernie Logan 2.0

Eagles win 31-21. Sanchez and Wilson both turn it over. Lynch gets stuffed, special teams plays a a part - Sproles punt return? - Kendricks, Matthews and Shady all play a big part in the win.

I just think we match up perfectly with them. Passing game doesn't scare me, they have a 3rd string C and rookie RT on the line and Wilson gets sacked often and we know what our pass rush brings. Won't be too close - Seattle gets some garbage time points.

Seahawks can win the game handily on Sunday. But, by no means should you even consider yourself as forming an informed opinion on the matter.Bernie Logan 2.0
Don't worry, if you're correct IBS will disappear for about 8 months and pretend that you and he never even spoke in this thread at all...and then he'll make the same boast to someone else in a different thread when he finally does show back up.

My thoughts continue to be...I have no idea how this game turns out either way - high scoring or low scoring, and who wins? If Seattle has shown any weakness it's the fast, little guys, like Sproles. As a McCoy owner that Bugger steals TD's! We will start McCoy, and I again see the tough matchup, but have no idea. Parkey is another story...very hot as of late, but winds may cause us to look at the Denver kicker this week? As for Seattle, geesh Phili's D is opportunistic, but I don't think it will keep Seattle below 27 points. Crunch time.

Be nice to watch a great game.

Eagles win 31-21. Sanchez and Wilson both turn it over. Lynch gets stuffed, special teams plays a a part - Sproles punt return? - Kendricks, Matthews and Shady all play a big part in the win.

I just think we match up perfectly with them. Passing game doesn't scare me, they have a 3rd string C and rookie RT on the line and Wilson gets sacked often and we know what our pass rush brings. Won't be too close - Seattle gets some garbage time points.
I really don't understand how anybody thinks it's a great matchup for the Eagles. I think it's a horrible matchup. Seattle does not switch out their back 7 defenders and they are all stud athletes. Half the Eagles attack is based on the hurry-up and I think it will have a negligible effect on the Seattle defense. Seattle's backfield will play close to the line to really limit the run game.

The Seattle offense vs. Philly defense will be interesting. But even in bad games, Wilson seems to get the team points. If you take away the 13-9 victory against the Panthers earlier this year, the Seattle offense hasn't put up under 19 points in any game. Looking at defense statistics, Philly's defense looks really average (I don't watch a lot of Philly games, so I am just basing this off rankings). The worse part of the Seattle offense is their red zone play. They seem to stall near the goal line on a lot of drives. I think if this happens, then Philly will be able to keep it within a TD. Otherwise I'm expecting a 27-17 score in a game that is really not that close.

Let's remeber that the last 2 teams seattle has played have been AZ who are a train wreck on offense right now, and San Fran who is pretty much self-imploding. Relatively recently, on the road against a couple of decent teams (KC and St. Louis), the Seattle D has looked beatable. Yes, they are healthier now, but when the Falcons D pretty much shuts out AZ, I'm not going to give Seattle extra credit for doing the same thing.

This is the only time I'll be rooting for the seachickens...............GO CHICKENS!!! How bout a 4 pick game from dirty!

Let's remeber that the last 2 teams seattle has played have been AZ who are a train wreck on offense right now, and San Fran who is pretty much self-imploding. Relatively recently, on the road against a couple of decent teams (KC and St. Louis), the Seattle D has looked beatable. Yes, they are healthier now, but when the Falcons D pretty much shuts out AZ, I'm not going to give Seattle extra credit for doing the same thing.
True, when you look at what the Eagles did against those two teams it's much more impressive.

All these scared Eagles fans. "Oh if only it was at 1pm. Oh that Seahawks defense is so good. Oh we made the cowboys mad by beating them so bad. Oh I'm so scared we'll lose the division now because we won too good on Thanksgiving."

Bunch of pansies is all I hear this week on the radio. I'm telling you, that loss to Green Bay put a laser focus on this team. We're not good enough to just show up. We need to bring it every single week and that defense has answered the call so far. The Eagles defense will stop Lynch and limit Wilson. This seahawks team is not invincible. They gave up 24 points to the chiefs 3 weeks ago. The Chiefs who haven't thrown a TD to a WR all year.

What will be the excuse when we win this week? Seahawks had too much rest? Lynch was too injured? The sun was in Sherman's eye?

Then next week they'll find every reason they can why Dallas will dominate us. They have a front page story on ESPN about Dallas winning 9 games. Are you kidding me? Throw a damn parade.

Eagles win this week, Eagles win next week, Eagles don't lose again this year. Nut up or shut up time.
I like your enthusiasm, "first time. long time, Bob from Fishtown"..... but this D will give the Eagles fits. They're not going to need their safeties to help with the WR's.....that frees them up to help patrol the middle. That hurts big time.

On the other hand, I'm one who actually has been in the Eagles D corner for the better part of two years. I think they're the most underrated unit on the field tomorrow. While I'm also high on Wilson's abilities.....the D can come up big. Just don't let Skittles run downhill and TRY to get him going parallel with the line.

Users who are viewing this thread