What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sony email hacking... info keeps getting "leaked" (1 Viewer)

Mario Kart

Footballguy
What is the fallout going to be?

Was it North Korea?

Some of these emails appear to be damaging but I haven't seen anything earth shattering. But, that could be me. I wonder if the actors, who have been in the emails, have any thoughts on this matter. There will be more info coming out but how damaging is this for Sony?

Watch what you say in texts, emails, chats, message boards because it might come back to get you in some way.

What is the fallout going to be?

Was it North Korea?

Some of these emails appear to be damaging but I haven't seen anything earth shattering. But, that could be me. I wonder if the actors, who have been in the emails, have any thoughts on this matter. There will be more info coming out but how damaging is this for Sony?

Watch what you say in texts, emails, chats, message boards because it might come back to get you in some way.
Angelina Jolie is pretending to have the Chicken Pox due to the e-mails to avoid some event. Definitely going to be some fallout. We'll see how much.

joey said:
Many friends/coworkers salaries out there for all to see now. Interesting.
I once read a case study of a company in Brazil just posting payroll for every employee. Seems like that would be awesome. Why should it be a secret?

Bunch of celebrities are sounding like dooshes trying to ridicule people and the media for reading the leaked information. Seth Rogan on Stern, Aaron Sorkin with an OP-ed in the ny times... They need to ####

Bunch of celebrities are sounding like dooshes trying to ridicule people and the media for reading the leaked information. Seth Rogan on Stern, Aaron Sorkin with an OP-ed in the ny times... They need to ####
I heard Rogan and Howard Stern were wondering why this isn't being treated like terrorism, like 9/11

Pathetic

I heard Rogan and Howard Stern were wondering why this isn't being treated like terrorism, like 9/11Pathetic
I still have no idea what happened.
Some group hacked a bunch of info from Sony. Lots of emails with celebrity gossip and private information were obtained. All of a sudden the celebrities involved have a moral compass superior to the peasants that they entertain and the media that they suck up to when promoting their work.

I heard Rogan and Howard Stern were wondering why this isn't being treated like terrorism, like 9/11Pathetic
Sony Studios was hacked. all kinds of info stolen. Scripts, emails, contracts.

So one studio big wig was basically telling another that Angie Jolie can't act and is a pain in the ###. Others were making off color remarks about Obama.

Apparently some incendiary emails and info still to drop

Koya said:
comfortably numb said:
Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:
Sony Studios was hacked. all kinds of info stolen. Scripts, emails, contracts.So one studio big wig was basically telling another that Angie Jolie can't act and is a pain in the ###. Others were making off color remarks about Obama.

So....no nudies?

Koya said:
comfortably numb said:
Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:
Sony Studios was hacked. all kinds of info stolen. Scripts, emails, contracts.So one studio big wig was basically telling another that Angie Jolie can't act and is a pain in the ###. Others were making off color remarks about Obama.

So....no nudies?
The hackers are hyping a "Christmas gift" that's about to come. So...maybe?They're saying what they drop "will put sony pictures into the worst state".

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:
I wouldn't compare it to 9/11, but it is terrorism. This could happen to any person and any company and any government.

Everything about this looks like a whiny California uber liberal who can't understand why everyone doesn't eat free range eggs if they can't just be a vegan like a normal person, and oh by the way they had a job with Sony and got canned for something totally legit but they don't think it's fair so they're going back to screw over their old bosses with some celebrity gossip that is the most important thing in the world if you live in head up your ### California but outside of there is just more backstabbing between jackasses.

The best part is seeing how racist and sexist the same movie execs and high powered entertainment people are that are always hosting big Democratic fundraisers.

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:
I heard Rogan and Howard Stern were wondering why this isn't being treated like terrorism, like 9/11

Pathetic
:lmao:

I also find it humorous that a lot of the same media that said that the leaked noods of celebrities was horrible and anyone that hosted them or even looked at them was disgusting, are the same ones gleefully going through all of this with a fine toothed comb and blasting the juicy stuff all over the place.

I love seeing this stuff come out everyday. Can't wait for "the big one" on Christmas. Bill Cosby a raper maybe?

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:
I wouldn't compare it to 9/11, but it is terrorism. This could happen to any person and any company and any government.
This may be theft. It may be extortion. It may be a LOT of things.

It is NOT terrorism.

(Literally, like by definition not)

Everything about this looks like a whiny California uber liberal who can't understand why everyone doesn't eat free range eggs if they can't just be a vegan like a normal person, and oh by the way they had a job with Sony and got canned for something totally legit but they don't think it's fair so they're going back to screw over their old bosses with some celebrity gossip that is the most important thing in the world if you live in head up your ### California but outside of there is just more backstabbing between jackasses.
wat?

The best part is seeing how racist and sexist the same movie execs and high powered entertainment people are that are always hosting big Democratic fundraisers.
I thought the stuff about movies that Obama likes was totally tame. If those jokes were made here in the FFA, I wouldn't conclude that the posts or the authors were racist. Surely some more incendiary stuff is on the horizon. I have no doubt these people are aaholes, so I'm guessing there is worse stuff that hasn't been released yet.

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:
This may be theft. It may be extortion. It may be a LOT of things.It is NOT terrorism.

A kinder, gentler cyber terrorism. Different approach, but a similar result.

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:
This may be theft. It may be extortion. It may be a LOT of things.It is NOT terrorism.

I don't deny that Cyber Terrorism could be a valuable tool of war.

This 1. was not cyber terrorism (imo) and 2. it's insulting me more with every additional word I type demonstrating how this is not, in ANY way, equivalent to 9/11 and the thousands of lives lost, tens of thousands more hundreds?) directly affected.

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:

This 1. was not cyber terrorism (imo) and 2. it's insulting me more with every additional word I type demonstrating how this is not, in ANY way, equivalent to 9/11 and the thousands of lives lost, tens of thousands more hundreds?) directly affected.
You do realize this was a little more than just leaking emails, right? There was a similar attack against South Koreas banks which took them offline. I know people at Sony and believe me, this is far worse than a few embarrassing emails.

If it was initiated by the North Korean government I wouldn't call it terrorism, but it is cyber warfare. Although I think all the celebrity stuff is entertaining how it all came to be, is not. But then again, if you don't think we do the very same things to them, you'd be mistaken.

So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:

what would you call a world wide distributed piece of material condoning the assisination of an actual living person?

Is this movie an act of war?

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:

what would you call a world wide distributed piece of material condoning the assisination of an actual living person? Is this movie an act of war?
It could be perceived that way.

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:

what would you call a world wide distributed piece of material condoning the assisination of an actual living person? Is this movie an act of war?
Maybe you could give us a list of things that are not terrorism and not acts of war. It's probably a shorter list than what is.

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:

You do realize this was a little more than just leaking emails, right? There was a similar attack against South Koreas banks which took them offline. I know people at Sony and believe me, this is far worse than a few embarrassing emails.
Very good point about this stretching beyond just a few emails. Still, as of now, we don't know of the other specific damages.

And, bad as this is, 9/11 was 3000 lives.

Most important of all is that we don't know who did this. Is North Korea meaningfully substatiated? Or just rumor?

As noted it could be considered e-warfare (as if China does not do that already in droves) but terrorism is an act designed to terrorise, to spread fear, elicit out of proportion response due to fear.

I just don't see that (as of now) in this instance. And it's insulting to see it compared to 9/11

Last edited by a moderator:
what would you call a world wide distributed piece of material condoning the assisination of an actual living person?

Is this movie an act of war?
satire... political satire
honest question, how would it be dealt with stateside with regard to a citizen or politician? We have laws that seem to protect our leaders from the same sort of things, how does one delineate satire?

It seems to me similar content would be handled as an allegory, perhaps a thinly veiled one, but an allegory nonetheless, it IS a significant distinction.

Let's not forget that they didn't just take the emails and files, they were supposed to also have wiped the originals from the Sony servers,which is more brutal.

I thought the stuff about movies that Obama likes was totally tame. If those jokes were made here in the FFA, I wouldn't conclude that the posts or the authors were racist. Surely some more incendiary stuff is on the horizon. I have no doubt these people are aaholes, so I'm guessing there is worse stuff that hasn't been released yet.
I think Russian politicians had posted worse stuff in public.http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/09/15/1226719/338580-obama-banana.jpg

You would not want to see what's on Putin's phone.

You forgot tell us to take it to the bank, brohan.

You forgot tell us to take it to the bank, brohan.
SWC alias outage? :popcorn:

Koya said:
avoiding injuries said:

Maybe you could give us a list of things that are not terrorism and not acts of war. It's probably a shorter list than what is.
If a film (even a comedy) came out of Saudi Arabia sponsored by huge Saudi companies and costing $100 million about killing Obama, I think the government here would take it very serious.An act of war or terrorism are in the eyes of the beholder. It's not the kind of thing that there is a checklist for (not a fully agreed upon one). If Korea takes it as a threat or act of war, than that's what it is no matter our intent.

Users who are viewing this thread