What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (4 Viewers)

still have that feeling.

ducks roll over FSU, and after listening to the FSU player interviews yesterday from LA, I think the ducks are going to kill them by 30
Let me get some +9 then.
you take FSU I give you 9? sure. howws $50 sound?
Solid bet, but you'll never see the money.
:lmao: I try to give you Oregon Fans the benefit of the doubt, but you keep posting like this.
Thanks for bumping this. Missed this whole exchange.

TCU honestly has no business being in the conversation. I'd like someone to give me one argument for TCU that makes any sense, other than the fact that they were ranked 3rd last week.
:unsure:
What's your point.
That your entire day of rants back then were ridiculous then and still ridiculous now?
Yeah shaders anti tcu shtick was about the worst of the final 4 arguments
Honestly there was no shtick. Baylor beat them. I could be wrong, but I do believe there were numerous people all over the country that agreed with me on that.
TCU just humiliated Ole Miss, who beat Alabama. Maybe it's Alabama that doesn't deserve to be in the playoff?
In case you missed it, Alabama was the top seed, so there are three other teams in line before you get to Bama. But carry on with armchair qb'ing the committee's choices based on the result of a meaningless bowl game.

Lost in the TCU love fest: Baylor beat this TCU team. Yes it was by 3 and yes it was at home, but go re watch that game. TCU didn't blow it as much as those rewriting that one want you believe. Baylor came back because it wanted the game more and punched TCU in the mouth to take it.

Imagine Baylor spanking MSU and remember they have an honest gripe at the top 4 just as much as TCU if that occurs.

TCU honestly has no business being in the conversation. I'd like someone to give me one argument for TCU that makes any sense, other than the fact that they were ranked 3rd last week.
What's your point.
That your entire day of rants back then were ridiculous then and still ridiculous now?
Honestly there was no shtick. Baylor beat them. I could be wrong, but I do believe there were numerous people all over the country that agreed with me on that.
TCU just humiliated Ole Miss, who beat Alabama. Maybe it's Alabama that doesn't deserve to be in the playoff?
In case you missed it, Alabama was the top seed, so there are three other teams in line before you get to Bama. But carry on with armchair qb'ing the committee's choices based on the result of a meaningless bowl game.
Ah, the old "meaningless bowl games" argument. I guess once you get shellacked by Utah in the Sugar Bowl you always make sure you're ready to bust it out at a moment's notice.

What's your point.
Ah, the old "meaningless bowl games" argument. I guess once you get shellacked by Utah in the Sugar Bowl you always make sure you're ready to bust it out at a moment's notice.
Ah, the old "bring up something that happened to a team 6 years ago" argument as if it has any relevance whatsoever to this season.

Trust me, I know about meaningless bowl wins. When Bama beat Kirk Cousins and Michigan St a few years ago, it was the most dominant, impressive performance I had seen from a Bama team. The defense had never and has never looked as good as it did in that game.

I knew that on THAT DAY, once the team had a chance to heal, we wouldn't have lost to anyone in the country.

But in the end, it didn't mean a thing. We had lost important games. Ones that actually had meaning. So in the end we won a bowl game that 99% of the country probably has little memory of a few years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
still have that feeling.

ducks roll over FSU, and after listening to the FSU player interviews yesterday from LA, I think the ducks are going to kill them by 30
Let me get some +9 then.
What? Who the #### are you? I've paid every bet I've lost here.
I'm the ####### guy that bet you 100.00 approximately seven years ago that Oregon would be in a BCS Bowl game before FSU. A couple seasons later when I tried to collect you blew me off.

still have that feeling.

Let me get some +9 then.
:lmao: I try to give you Oregon Fans the benefit of the doubt, but you keep posting like this.
This has nothing to do with being a Oregon fan.

still have that feeling.

Let me get some +9 then.
I'm the ####### guy that bet you 100.00 approximately seven years ago that Oregon would be in a BCS Bowl game before FSU. A couple seasons later when I tried to collect you blew me off.
Okkkkkkk. Don't remember that. Find me the bet and I'll send you a check in the morning.Edit: paid timschochaa for a lost bet just a few months ago. Play in multiple fantasy leagues here. Have paid multiple lost bets here. If you have some proof we bet 7 years ago, fine. Otherwise get ####ed.

TCU shouldn't have pissed that game away to Baylor. They bring just about everybody on offense back, they have a great shot to get there next year.
They were the recipients of some pretty bad interference calls in that game and some questionable clock operator work that let Baylor back in that game. (Not Schtick)

I blame the refs in that game as much as anyone for TCU's absence in the playoff.

still have that feeling.

Let me get some +9 then.
Okkkkkkk. Don't remember that. Find me the bet and I'll send you a check in the morning.Edit: paid timschochaa for a lost bet just a few months ago. Play in multiple fantasy leagues here. Have paid multiple lost bets here. If you have some proof we bet 7 years ago, fine. Otherwise get ####ed.
Serious business

still have that feeling.

Let me get some +9 then.
Serious business
Not really. But I pay my debts and league fees. I did pay GM late years ago but that's because I was a lazy ###hole.

What's your point.
Oh bowl games are meaningless so you SEC honks will stop using that argument when you win them?

Lost in the TCU love fest: Baylor beat this TCU team. Yes it was by 3 and yes it was at home, but go re watch that game. TCU didn't blow it as much as those rewriting that one want you believe. Baylor came back because it wanted the game more and punched TCU in the mouth to take it.

Imagine Baylor spanking MSU and remember they have an honest gripe at the top 4 just as much as TCU if that occurs.
I have been highly critical of the big 12 but I have been dead wrong.

That said, shake on tcu for blowing a 24 point lead but to be absolutely objective and fair, tcu got hosed with a brutal call on the road to give Baylor that win.

Nothing would make me happier than the rabid crazy fanbase of delusional Ole Miss fans to get stomped 49-0 ending their "dream season". Most arrogant fanbase (without any reason at all) that I've ever encountered. As much as I don't like Auburn, at least they've actually DONE SOMETHING. Ole Miss never does anything, yet they still think they are close or will soon be a national power.

Hugh Freeze is going to regret passing on the Florida job for a long, long time.
I feel the same way about Arkansas fans.
ouch
Not you, I love you.

What's your point.
They beat them by 3 at home when the commom convention is home field is worth 3 points. Not to mention the big lead, etc. Head to head loses some value when home field advantage is taken into account.

Was there any doubt that people would say a team deserved to get in that didn't get in? Rinse and repeat with the 4 team playoff.

Capella said:
Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
That reminds me of the $1500 Ramblin' Wreck owes me for the 2003 GaSouthern/Samford game.
7 years :lmao: I hope he's frantically looking for a post from 2007. I might pay him a hundred bucks just to do that.
Doubtful.

I just let the guy know from my experience not to bet with you. Quit being a baby and lets get back to football talk.

Capella said:
That reminds me of the $1500 Ramblin' Wreck owes me for the 2003 GaSouthern/Samford game.
7 years :lmao: I hope he's frantically looking for a post from 2007. I might pay him a hundred bucks just to do that.
Doubtful.

I just let the guy know from my experience not to bet with you. Quit being a baby and lets get back to football talk.
OK.

SEC SEC SEC SEC

Capella said:
Doubtful.

I've bet with him multiple times (recently-ish the 2012 election) and paid him once. Not fake made up #### like you came up with though.

Capella said:
Doubtful.

I've bet with him multiple times (recently-ish the 2012 election) and paid him once. Not fake made up #### like you came up with though.
It's funny if I go back years to look it up and you will pay me for my time... and now it's made up ####. Get the #### over it. You guys are grown ### men, you can bet without me being involved.

Capella said:
Doubtful.

It's funny if I go back years to look it up and you will pay me for my time... and now it's made up ####. Get the #### over it. You guys are grown ### men, you can bet without me being involved.
Use your words

Watching games that are 20+ years old, two things are immediately striking: 1) the old-school helmets... perfectly rounded; no extra padding and crazy ventilation, and 2) ENORMOUS shoulder pads on everyone. It looks ridiculous, actually. These cornerbacks have more padding than nose tackles wear these days.

General Malaise said:
I think TCU would beat Ohio State by 40.
Ole Miss is garbage. The fact that Miss St. lost too today is further proof the SEC might as well been vomiting feces every time they spoke on how awesome the west was this year. I doubt this will be said much after tomorrow but enjoy your delusions of grandeur until then.

Dondante said:
shader said:
General Malaise said:
I think TCU would beat Ohio State by 40.
Yeah probably so. This was a tough year for the committee with 6 worthy teams. They look quite good.
So the committee acquiesced to their ultimate "employer" - ESPN - and went with an easy ratings home run. I think it (the committee) is basically despicable, but I've never thought of the committee as anything other than a cover for the old cover (the bcs). Any sports committee that judges win quality, has competing teams' ADs and Condoleezza Rice on it is easily a complete farce bordering on criminal. TCU would handle every team in the FF except Bama and even that would be a game. Basically this is the BCS in 12 expensive suits.
Big 12 not naming a champion ####ed themselves. Deserving or not everyone knows it, especially Art Briles. Oh, and PS, TCU wouldn't have got in over Baylor so stop crying TCU fans(sympathizers). You played and beat an overrated Ole Miss team that happened to beat a good Alabama team. Big whoop.

Users who are viewing this thread