What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official CFB NCG Thread: Ohio wins; Joe T shamed once again*** (1 Viewer)

Even a sweet looking back shoulder throw from Mariota had no zip on it.

Strictly from an arm talent perspective, there is no comparison.
None. Zero. Winston's risk is up for debate...but Mariota is not worthy of the top pick. Unless Kelly trades up. 1% chance he goes #1.

Head talent matters just as much and there is no comparison there either.
One can be fixed. I'm not pounding the table for Winston here, but he can mature. Mariota can't improve his arm.
I'm not trying to pound the table against Winston (or for Mariota), but can somebody give an example of a qb that had maturity issues in college and went on to be a big-time NFL qb?

One can be fixed. I'm not pounding the table for Winston here, but he can mature. Mariota can't improve his arm.
I'm not trying to pound the table against Winston (or for Mariota), but can somebody give an example of a qb that had maturity issues in college and went on to be a big-time NFL qb?
Cam has grown significantly....not "big-time" just yet but certainly trending that way.

Does Cam Newton count?

Cam Newton

Brett Favre

Joe Namath

Ben Roethlisberger

If you open it up to non-QBs, the list grows quite a bit. It's also encouraging that Winston's concerns don't involve alcohol/drugs.

Can I get a list of QB that improved their arm strength or accuracy in the NFL?

Cam Newton

Brett Favre

Joe Namath

Ben Roethlisberger

If you open it up to non-QBs, the list grows quite a bit. It's also encouraging that Winston's concerns don't involve alcohol/drugs.

Marino was a big time putz at Pitt, too.

Hey, you have to draft him assuming he grows up. Ryan Leaf never matured. Some GM and coach are going to stake their jobs on this guy. Winston is scary.

Cam Newton

Brett Favre

Joe Namath

Ben Roethlisberger

Marino was a big time putz at Pitt, too.

Wasn't near a computer and the game is over now, but that Baylor block in the back on the int return was one of the worst plays in history. I mean the guy 2 hand shoved a 350 pound OL square in the back when he was 5 yards behind the play with no chance of catching up. That would have put the game out of reach.
That was a pretty ####ty call but Baylor had every opportunity to win that game, and didn't. No excuse at all for that, and not punting at the MSU 40 up 13 with 6 minutes left was pure stupidity. They deserved to lose.
It wasn't a ####ty call at all, it was a ####ty block by a ####### who made a stupid play. It a legit penalty and deserved to be called.

Zero dog in the Winston/Mariota fight, and I'm actually pulling for the Ducks, but I would be furious if my Chargers had the #1 pick and took Mariota over Winston. It's not even close. :shrug:

Does Cam Newton count?
I suppose so. I had forgotten about the whole laptop at UF deal.

Wasn't near a computer and the game is over now, but that Baylor block in the back on the int return was one of the worst plays in history. I mean the guy 2 hand shoved a 350 pound OL square in the back when he was 5 yards behind the play with no chance of catching up. That would have put the game out of reach.
That was a pretty ####ty call but Baylor had every opportunity to win that game, and didn't. No excuse at all for that, and not punting at the MSU 40 up 13 with 6 minutes left was pure stupidity. They deserved to lose.
It wasn't a ####ty call at all, it was a ####ty block by a ####### who made a stupid play. It a legit penalty and deserved to be called.
yep...had to be called. just can't imagine what that guy was thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread