What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Wild Card Game: Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers (1 Viewer)

Who wins?

• Carolina

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • Arizona

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
That was an abhorrent PI. I have no stake or care in this game other than a fan of football, and that really was a disgusting call.
Watch it again.
I just did. and no way did he stop him from jumping, he was already in the air and actually he wouldn't have caught it had he been all alone, it was over thrown a tad and behind him.
He didn't stop him from jumping? You start a jump and as your go to leave your feet have a 200lb guy jump on your shoulder. Tell me if it stops your momentum. It's called physics man.

EDIT: http://img5.picload.org/image/ccdllwo/1-4-20156-37-41pm.jpg Raider Nation coming through, Olsen didn't leave his feet before the guy was on his shoulder. Clear and easy penalty.
Good Lord, I mean I don't care who the hell wins this, but it was a horrible call. :lmao:
:no:

Actually doesn't matter what the calls are. When your pathetic offense has 65 freakin yards of offense, you should forfeit and stop the embarrassment.

That one frame is a pretty trivial way to conclude that there was a penalty there.

Can't tell that his hand is on the shoulder pad.

Can't tell that the hand is holding the player down.

Can't tell that the hand is impacting the play at all.

Can't tell that the ball is going to be overthrown therefore an uncatchable ball.

If every play is looked at in one frame of that play, I'll give you a penalty on every play.

Refs are Carolina fans today. That last play was a fumble.

This just popped up on Monster:

Looking for rule keeper type person, work for a sports based organization only on Sundays.

Experience: Crossing Guard or 2nd grade hall monitors preferred

Pay: Per yellow tissue paper thrown

That one frame is a pretty trivial way to conclude that there was a penalty there.

Can't tell that the ball is going to be overthrown therefore an uncatchable ball.

If every play is looked at in one frame of that play, I'll give you a penalty on every play.
Agreed. It's impossible to tell if he was holding him or merely had his hand on his shoulder, from that picture.

Again, the call just looks bad when you consider that the foul against Floyd appeared worse and was not called.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was a lateral, but I think I'm just hoping for a game. Still don't agree with the PI call. Little touchy.

Regardless, I really don't care who wins this game. At all.

What kind of crap is that? If the player is twisting but the motion is a "forward" motion, even if the ball goes backwards, its a forward pass?

You've got to be kidding me.

You learn something everyday. You can throw a ball backwards and it's still a forward pass.....but only on Saturdays in the playoffs when a defender has the QB in the grasp.

Last edited by a moderator:

What kind of crap is that? If the player is twisting but the motion is a "forward" motion, even if the ball goes backwards, its a forward pass?

Do you even listen to the game? Even the announcers JUST explained prior to the ruling that is EXACTLY how the rules work. If the act of being hit causes a forward pass to actually fall backwards it's assumed that without the power of the hit the ball would've fallen forward and thus is ruled incomplete. The announcers explained it, then an NFL referee came out and explained the same exact thing. But it's fine, I'm sure you know more than professional announcers and NFL trained officiating crews.

That one frame is a pretty trivial way to conclude that there was a penalty there.Can't tell that his hand is on the shoulder pad.

Do you even listen to the game? Even the announcers JUST explained prior to the ruling that is EXACTLY how the rules work. If the act of being hit causes a forward pass to actually fall backwards it's assumed that without the power of the hit the ball would've fallen forward and thus is ruled incomplete. The announcers explained it, then an NFL referee came out and explained the same exact thing. But it's fine, I'm sure you know more than professional announcers and NFL trained officiating crews.
Not to speak for him but pretty sure he is saying it is a stupid rule, not questioning if it exists.

4 down territory now? While your defense can stop him you need to start approaching this different and just pick up 2-3 yards a play.

Users who are viewing this thread