What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Wild Card Game: Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers (1 Viewer)

Who wins?

• Carolina

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • Arizona

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
Can't believe the safety was #####ing there. You can't put your hand on a guy's shoulder pad and keep him from jumping. Dumb.
Yeah, not sure why everyone is saying "terrible call" here. The guy pushed down on Olsen's shoulder and stopped his upward momentum. If he doesn't do that it's likely a TD catch. Easy flag.

Can't believe the safety was #####ing there. You can't put your hand on a guy's shoulder pad and keep him from jumping. Dumb.
Yeah, not sure why everyone is saying "terrible call" here. The guy pushed down on Olsen's shoulder and stopped his upward momentum. If he doesn't do that it's likely a TD catch. Easy flag.
Agree on the call. Not so sure about this part.

hey 22, you grabbed Olsen's shoulder. That's a penalty. Pretty weak call but it is in fact a penalty.
Agreed. I may be biased but I thought it was obvious. Back judge threw the flag. He was in perfect position to see that he used his left hand on the shoulder to pull himself over and block the ball.

I thought it was a bad call live but it was obvious on the replay. Usually we see people hitting early or grabbing…never have seen anyone just hold someone down.

I thought it was a bad call live but it was obvious on the replay. Usually we see people hitting early or grabbing…never have seen anyone just hold someone down.
Yeah live I thought it was a bad call too, but the back judge saw what we didn't live. Which was that hand on Olsen's shoulderpad. Was an easy call.

That was an abhorrent PI. I have no stake or care in this game other than a fan of football, and that really was a disgusting call.
Watch it again.
I just did. and no way did he stop him from jumping, he was already in the air and actually he wouldn't have caught it had he been all alone, it was over thrown a tad and behind him.
He didn't stop him from jumping? You start a jump and as your go to leave your feet have a 200lb guy jump on your shoulder. Tell me if it stops your momentum. It's called physics man.

EDIT: http://img5.picload.org/image/ccdllwo/1-4-20156-37-41pm.jpg Raider Nation coming through, Olsen didn't leave his feet before the guy was on his shoulder. Clear and easy penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least I found out today never to draft Cam Newton. Had him his rookie year but not since and good thing from the looks of it.

"WTF REF!?!?! ALL I DID WAS CATCH A PUNT ON MY KNEES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD! THIS GUY CAN'T BE NEAR ME LIKE THAT!!!!"

That was an abhorrent PI. I have no stake or care in this game other than a fan of football, and that really was a disgusting call.
Watch it again.
I just did. and no way did he stop him from jumping, he was already in the air and actually he wouldn't have caught it had he been all alone, it was over thrown a tad and behind him.
He didn't stop him from jumping? You start a jump and as your go to leave your feet have a 200lb guy jump on your shoulder. Tell me if it stops your momentum. It's called physics man.

EDIT: http://img5.picload.org/image/ccdllwo/1-4-20156-37-41pm.jpg Raider Nation coming through, Olsen didn't leave his feet before the guy was on his shoulder. Clear and easy penalty.
Good Lord, I mean I don't care who the hell wins this, but it was a horrible call.

:lmao:

Watch it again.

Good Lord, I mean I don't care who the hell wins this, but it was a horrible call.

I also have zero dog in this game, that said... no it was the right call.

Watch it again.

Just stop.

Users who are viewing this thread