What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots being investigated after Colts game (1 Viewer)

Percent of NFL teams actively trying to steal play sheets?

• 0%

Votes: 90 33.0%
  • 25%

Votes: 91 33.3%
  • 50%

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 75%

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • 100%

Votes: 57 20.9%

• Total voters
Next we'll hear Carter put up Moss as the best receiver in NFL history due to Rice's "use of a substance that gave him an unfair advantage over receivers who followed the rules."

The hypocrisy of ex-NFL players has gone from annoying, to absurd, to now genuine concern about post-concussive syndrome. Seriously. I can't even listen to guys like CC, Rice, Brunell, or Steve Young anymore. They've lost all credibility, and now I'm starting to worry about them.

Last edited:
Rice's cheating is minor since it has to do with helping him catch the football better as compared to major cheating, deflating a football, which helps you throw the ball better. completely logical.

So any update on the fine and number of draft picks the Pats are losing? I'll hang up and listen to your response.

No doubt Goodell will try and wait for some huge national story (aliens landing, Elvis is found, etc.) to announce the case is closed and there is no evidence of wrong doing by the Pats.

rumors swirling on twitter goodell has hired geraldo for the taped opening of a locked file cabinet in patriot place

Is the NFL going to apologize to the Patriots?

They hate us cause they ain't us!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
IHEARTFF said:
ROCKET said:
No doubt Goodell will try and wait for some huge national story (aliens landing, Elvis is found, etc.) to announce the case is closed and there is no evidence of wrong doing by the Pats.
Are you saying aliens found Elvis alive?
No. They're returning him to us.

GreekFreak said:
Begin? They've been rolling since the conflicting "leaks" started and we found out it was 1 ball rather than 11.

Make sure you watch Letterman tonight. A buddy of mine was at the taping and Belichik had some interesting comments about the Colts.

Last edited:
The first instance of Pats cheating. I can't believe I've never seen this clip before tonight. Absolutely hysterical.

http://youtu.be/PPRCAb56JSo
I keep showing this video to people at work and what's amazing is about 80-90% of the people never see the guy come onto the field when they first watch it. It's amazing - he's in complete stealth mode. He even runs directly in front of the ref who doesn't notice him. How is this not the most famous play in football history???

How can you support the Colts knowing full well what they did, Johnny how do you do it?
Because I've been a Colts fan for 48 years (not from Baltimore either). Not going to elaborate anymore on the specifics of this topic because it's been beaten to death. The Pats aren't angels and I have no problem with the Colts ratting out the Patriots. We still haven't heard anything from the NFL yet.

By the way, that's a cool avatar.

How can you support the Colts knowing full well what they did, Johnny how do you do it?
:goodposting:

Agreed, what a ##### lame ### colts sorry ### excuse for an nfl organization; if they find that just 1 ball was 2 psi under and all the rest were 1/2 or less under they have to suspend the druggy drunk driver owner and the doosh bag of a gm, fine them and take draft picks. This was a malicious, horrendous fraud from moment one. Oh and fire Mike effin Kensil....

Complete bull#### by a whiney lame ### organization that can't win on the field so they resort to scurrilous accusations.

Garbage, loser org not fit to play in the same league as New England.

Agreed, what a ##### lame ### colts sorry ### excuse for an nfl organization; if they find that just 1 ball was 2 psi under and all the rest were 1/2 or less under they have to suspend the druggy drunk driver owner and the doosh bag of a gm, fine them and take draft picks. This was a malicious, horrendous fraud from moment one. Oh and fire Mike effin Kensil....

Complete bull#### by a whiney lame ### organization that can't win on the field so they resort to scurrilous accusations.

^^

looking fwd to that game next year, although, I don't see how the colts could possibly get any more embarrassed

^^

looking fwd to that game next year, although, I don't see how the colts could possibly get any more embarrassed
Can you imagine if they get run on that way again? They gotta put 10 guys in the box or something. What I don't get is why every team in the league doesn't do what the Pat do to them. The weakness is obviously there.

The first instance of Pats cheating. I can't believe I've never seen this clip before tonight. Absolutely hysterical.

http://youtu.be/PPRCAb56JSo
I keep showing this video to people at work and what's amazing is about 80-90% of the people never see the guy come onto the field when they first watch it. It's amazing - he's in complete stealth mode. He even runs directly in front of the ref who doesn't notice him. How is this not the most famous play in football history???
thats a riot

This doesnt slam the door shut on anything, but the walls seem to be closing in. There's wiggle room yes, but there seems to be less and less. I still dont think they'll to be able to connect the dots....but...anyone who watched Brady's Super Bowl pregame interview knows he knew.

I hate to give Costas credit for anything, but the interview that aired Super Bowl Sunday with Brady was the key. Brady had every chance to say he had nothing to do with it, and refused to do so. After seeing that interview I could no longer give the benefit of the doubt.

I still strongly doubt the Patriots get punished for this. There's too much that needs to come together for those that require a weapon, body and blood to know that the Pats are the dirtiest of the dirty and most arrogant of the arrogant.

This doesnt slam the door shut on anything, but the walls seem to be closing in,

That being said:

1. I hate to give Costas credit for anything, but the interview that aired Super Bowl Sunday with Brady was the key. Brady had every chance to say he had nothing to do with it, and refused to do so. After that interview I will never believe that he is not lying through his teeth.

2. I still strongly doubt the Patriots get punished for this. There's too much that needs to come together for those that require a weapon, body and blood to know that the Pats are the dirtiest of the dirty and most arrogant of the arrogant.
Who the hell cares.

This doesnt slam the door shut on anything, but the walls seem to be closing in,

That being said:

1. I hate to give Costas credit for anything, but the interview that aired Super Bowl Sunday with Brady was the key. Brady had every chance to say he had nothing to do with it, and refused to do so. After that interview I will never believe that he is not lying through his teeth.

2. I still strongly doubt the Patriots get punished for this. There's too much that needs to come together for those that require a weapon, body and blood to know that the Pats are the dirtiest of the dirty and most arrogant of the arrogant.
Who the hell cares.
400 comments have posted to ESPN in 30 minutes.

Excluding yours of course; thanks should go to you for caring enough to post.

Interesting that this introduces K-balls to the equation.

The Ravens complaint to the NFL the week before was about k-balls. And that's not a rumor. Harbaugh admitted they complained before the AFC Championship and that the NFL investigated.
Got a link for that?

Last I heard, Harbaugh and Tucker both said those claims were bs.

First quote I could find, but its from the same statement.

“It’s really not something that is in the forefront of our mind, I can tell you,” Harbaugh said Wednesday. “I know the NFL is doing an investigation and they called some of our people about it. Our guys answered – as far as I know, I don’t know exactly what the conversations were – they answered honestly.”

Harbaugh said nobody on his team noticed anything with the Patriots’ offensive balls because they never had a chance to handle those. He said they did notice softer kicking balls, but at the time, they simply attributed it to cold weather.

“As far as the kicking balls, you know it was 20 degrees out, so the balls were softer, our guys told us during the game. I just chalked that up to the fact that it was cold,” Harbaugh said. “Both teams were kicking the same kicking ball. I didn’t really think anything of it during the game. Other than that, it’s not something that I really gave any thought to at all.”
To clarify, it was the claim that they complained to the league and suspected any wrongdoing that was BS, not that they noticed the K-balls both teams were using (the same one) happened to be soft, being the coldest game of the year for both teams. Harbaugh never suspected or claimed any wrong doing, it was complete media hype.

Also, you would want a kicking ball over-inflated for it to travel further, unless it was some devious plot for both teams to kick poorly.

I get a kick out of how the headline just says "ball" rather than "K ball" which is what the article is about. Those who don't read the article will think it was one of the 12 balls used for plays from scrimmage where the controversy has been all along.

In any case, this is another thing that needs to be fleshed out. Let's see what the investigation brings besides leaks.

The Ravens complaint to the NFL the week before was about k-balls. And that's not a rumor. Harbaugh admitted they complained before the AFC Championship and that the NFL investigated.
Got a link for that?

“It’s really not something that is in the forefront of our mind, I can tell you,” Harbaugh said Wednesday. “I know the NFL is doing an investigation and they called some of our people about it. Our guys answered – as far as I know, I don’t know exactly what the conversations were – they answered honestly.”

Harbaugh said nobody on his team noticed anything with the Patriots’ offensive balls because they never had a chance to handle those. He said they did notice softer kicking balls, but at the time, they simply attributed it to cold weather.

“As far as the kicking balls, you know it was 20 degrees out, so the balls were softer, our guys told us during the game. I just chalked that up to the fact that it was cold,” Harbaugh said. “Both teams were kicking the same kicking ball. I didn’t really think anything of it during the game. Other than that, it’s not something that I really gave any thought to at all.”
Yeah, Ill get it for you.

Dont fall for Harbaugh and Tucker trying to get out of the cross-hairs of BB.

Putting all of the kiss butt stuff (that the press focused on) aside:

1.) they complained to the NFL about k-balls

2.) the NFL investigated

Standby....

Got a link for that?

2.) the NFL investigated

Standby....
Clearly Harbaugh's objective was (1) not to lie, and (2) not to draw the ire of the Patriots in the future.

When it comes to #1 he states definitively that the Ravens special teams complained to him and that the league contacted them about it. You fill in the blank about how the league heard about a private conversation between him and his special teams.

When it comes to #2, he states clearly he thinks there was no wrongdoing. That is a total CYA statement; fine, I'd do the same thing. But it does not take away from #1 at all.

You need to listen to the audio to hear Harbaugh say (1) his guys brought it up in game and (2) that the NFL investigated: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-ravens-did-not-notice-anything-about-patriots-footballs-being-deflated-john-harbaugh-said-20150121-story.html

Got a link for that?

2.) the NFL investigated

Standby....
Clearly Harbaugh's objective was (1) not to lie, and (2) not to draw the ire of the Patriots in the future.

When it comes to #1 he states definitively that the Ravens special teams complained to him and that the league contacted them about it. You fill in the blank about how the league heard about a private conversation between him and his special teams.

When it comes to #2, he states clearly he thinks there was no wrongdoing. That is a total CYA statement; fine, I'd do the same thing. But it does not take away from #1 at all.

You need to listen to the audio to hear Harbaugh say (1) his guys brought it up in game and (2) that the NFL investigated: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-ravens-did-not-notice-anything-about-patriots-footballs-being-deflated-john-harbaugh-said-20150121-story.html
Yeah, were talking about the same thing - Harbaugh never complained about it or suspected wrong doing, the original complaint being referenced here, that Tucker later said was BS was that Tucker was joking that he wanted to bomb some balls but couldn't because the balls were soft.

Both teams used the same k-balls (which is always the case), the Ravens had 10 kick/punt returns that game, the Pats had 8. Tucker and Ghost normally kick balls into low orbit.

Yeah, were talking about the same thing - Harbaugh never complained about it or suspected wrong doing, the original complaint being referenced here, that Tucker later said was BS was that Tucker was joking that he wanted to bomb some balls but couldn't because the balls were soft.

Both teams used the same k-balls (which is always the case), the Ravens had 10 kick/punt returns that game, the Pats had 8. Tucker and Ghost normally kick balls into low orbit.
Yes, they ran for the hills when the press came calling. "Whooo meeeeeeee? John Harbaugh? Complain about the Patriots?!?! Neeeevverrr!!!!"

Or did you just not say your team mentioned the k-balls to you during the game?

So why did the NFL call the Ravens to ask about your K-balls? The NFL just had a hunch? How did your teams' private conversations get to Park Avenue?

"Whaaaat? Just a coincidence of course! Me, complain about the Patriots?!?! Neeeevverrr!!!!"

This doesnt slam the door shut on anything, but the walls seem to be closing in. There's wiggle room yes, but there seems to be less and less. I still dont think they'll to be able to connect the dots....but...anyone who watched Brady's Super Bowl pregame interview knows he knew.

I hate to give Costas credit for anything, but the interview that aired Super Bowl Sunday with Brady was the key. Brady had every chance to say he had nothing to do with it, and refused to do so. After seeing that interview I could no longer give the benefit of the doubt.

I still strongly doubt the Patriots get punished for this. There's too much that needs to come together for those that require a weapon, body and blood to know that the Pats are the dirtiest of the dirty and most arrogant of the arrogant.
What about THAT article suggests the walls are closing in... or anything for that matter.

I read it hoping to find something new - something factual. Instead it is more of the same - a leak of confusing and bizarre details followed by comments from the league that they have no comment...

So, what would be the point of the locker room guy handing a ball to an alternate official to put with the rest of the kicking balls?

Would love your insight rather than more of your obvious agenda.

Got a link for that?

2.) the NFL investigated

Standby....

Yes, they ran for the hills when the press came calling. "Whooo meeeeeeee? John Harbaugh? Complain about the Patriots?!?! Neeeevverrr!!!!"

Or did you just not say your team mentioned the k-balls to you during the game?

So why did the NFL call you John to ask about their K-balls? The NFL just had a hunch? How did your teams' private conversations get to Park Avenue?

"Whaaaat? Just a coincidence of course! Me, complain about the Patriots?!?! Neeeevverrr!!!!"
I think it was more of a timeline thing, being the game that immediately preceded the AFCCG.

Also, Harbaugh spent an entire post game presser complaining about a thing which was entirely legal, I don't think he would have a problem complaining about something the Pats were allegedly caught doing. Which was the case at the time he was asked, we were knee deep in the media ####storm.

Users who are viewing this thread