What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The search engine is horrible. Does anyone know how to use it now? (1 Viewer)

Mr.Pack

Footballguy
I'm trying to search in an archived topic for something. But it just doesn't work.

Is there a way to search? Will there ever be a way to search?

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I go to google and start my search with: site:forums.footballguys.com

And then add whatever other keywords I'm looking for.

Edit to add: Since I have a google search bar on my browser, once I used it for this once, now I can just type "site" and it pops up the previous search and autocompletes it, so I can then just replace the other keywords. So it's pretty quick and convenient, don't need to remember the exact string.

Last edited by a moderator:

I couldn't remember what this was. I tried to do a search on here because someone else mentioned it, but oddly enough, nothing came up. :shrug:

Edit to add: Since I have a google search bar on my browser, once I used it for this once, now I can just type "site" and it pops up the previous search and autocompletes it, so I can then just replace the other keywords. So it's pretty quick and convenient, don't need to remember the exact string.
BOOM.

10 seconds and I had what I was looking for.

THANK YOU

Too bad the mods can't tell everyone this.

:thumbup:

BOOM.

THANK YOU

They have told us this in the past plenty if times.

BOOM.

THANK YOU

Unfortunately, if you don't remember where, it's really hard to search for where they said it.

BOOM.

THANK YOU

I'll see if it can be put into the FAQ or something. I picked it up from someone else a long time back too.

BOOM.

THANK YOU

Unfortunately, if you don't remember where, it's really hard to search for where they said it.
Just use our search function to find a thread about it

Yep. Have started to use this .

Best way at the moment, but still a crappy way to find something.

What were you looking for. I want to try it

I have no issues when I use the advanced search

Passing along that the board's software developers have been talked to about the problems with searching. Don't know what the solution is going to be yet, but it's being looked at.

Just start a new thread with the same title as the old thread. The IT guys can run a patch that will eventually merge them together.

FBG Moderator said:
Passing along that the board's software developers have been talked to about the problems with searching. Don't know what the solution is going to be yet, but it's being looked at.
Right after they get the rest of their $600k. Amirite?

FBG Moderator said:
Pay to have a Google search bar?

Joe's got four more developers workin' on the search. He's got 'em workin' shifts!

You guys wouldn't know how to act if the search worked. Complaining about the search is one of the FFAs favorite pastimes. I don't think it has ever not been complained about. And I go back a way. I have also complained.

I don't really care that the search function does not work, but it is funny. Somewhere along the line, someone said #### it!, we'll still publish a search link even though it's worthless.

Joe's got four more developers workin' on the search. He's got 'em workin' shifts!
Are you kidding or serious? I mean just on principle they either bought software that doesn't work or they have a vendor who is all fudged up and can't do their job. Or both.

The search engine suckiness is compromising my enjoyment of the board. I used to search for my name to find the threads where my schtick might be needed, now I can't find it. Sucks

Users who are viewing this thread