What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB David Johnson, Retired (3 Viewers)

Still rolling with David Johnson this week but mostly because I my other options aren't too strong IMO.
Probably doesn't help anyone but fwiw it's a tough decision now with DeMarco Murray out (I have Matthews) but I am still rolling with David Johnson.

YMMV

Starting him. Although, not with much confidence...not because he is not talented, but because I believe CJ will still get the lions share of the carries. Here is hoping for at least 10-12 touches. :banned:

Starting him over Joseph Randle with zero confidence. In fact, I'm fairly certain that as a result of this decision Johnson will tear his ACL in the 1st quarter and Randle will end up with 124/3 even though there's zero supporting cast around Randle and the Falcons should be keying thier Defensive approach to stopping the run.

Starting him over Joseph Randle with zero confidence. In fact, I'm fairly certain that as a result of this decision Johnson will tear his ACL in the 1st quarter and Randle will end up with 124/3 even though there's zero supporting cast around Randle and the Falcons should be keying thier Defensive approach to stopping the run.
Dude.

Starting Randle over DJ. It's not DJ's time yet. I know what Chaka was saying but Arians isn't going to unleash this guy anytime soon. Ellington coming back will only muddy this situation more.

Randle with 65 yards rushing and a TD in about 2 mins. THANKS!!!!!!!

LOLOLOL Randle with 2 TD's in the first quarter Gr00vus you might have underestimated your run bad. OMG

MattFancy said:
Chaka said:
Chaka said:
Still rolling with David Johnson this week but mostly because I my other options aren't too strong IMO.
Probably doesn't help anyone but fwiw it's a tough decision now with DeMarco Murray out (I have Matthews) but I am still rolling with David Johnson.YMMV
Doing the same. Just don't like Mathews going against the Jets
DOH!! Oh well David Johnson could still outperform him. :lmao:

Gr00vus said:
Bombnipotent!!

MattFancy said:
Chaka said:
Chaka said:
Probably doesn't help anyone but fwiw it's a tough decision now with DeMarco Murray out (I have Matthews) but I am still rolling with David Johnson.YMMV
Doing the same. Just don't like Mathews going against the Jets
DOH!! Oh well David Johnson could still outperform him. :lmao:
Ima pretend that I started him over Chris Ivory.

He hurt or something? 33 point lead and they're still pounding CJ and bringing in Taylor as well.

All Arians. DJ is a rookie who missed a couple weeks of camp. He's not worthy of carries.
Can' argue with it, Arians is a top 5 NFL coach and is getting some impressive results. However, it sure would be nice to see him get a little bit of work here.

So much for that increase of touches for DJ this week - I guess Arians was blowing smoke.

To be fair though, CJ was running well early so I can see why Arians stuck with him. And the team is playing great, so hard to find any fault.

When Ellington returns, this backfield is going to be a mess. Great for the team, but awful for fantasy.

So much for that increase of touches for DJ this week - I guess Arians was blowing smoke.

To be fair though, CJ was running well early so I can see why Arians stuck with him. And the team is playing great, so hard to find any fault.

When Ellington returns, this backfield is going to be a mess. Great for the team, but awful for fantasy.
Arians seems to want to mostly feature 1 guy. I am hoping when AE is healthy, he goes back to that workhorse role. I don't think it's a bad idea to keep DJ mostly fresh and unleash him late in the year when he is 100% and defenses are banged up.

I don't know. I think Ellington goes back to his role as starter.

Arians pounding CJ0K. CJ playing well though. See ya next year DJ.
This seems to be the case. I think Arians will keep DJ in bench as long as team is playing well and I think that will be the whole season.

It was a tough luck for DJ to be injured during those first pre-season weeks as Arians decided to get CJ0K to handle to load. Now we just have to wait... :angry:

This was the perfect week to get the production and touches if it was ever going to happen in the near term. Arians is frustrating and at the end of the day they are winning big and looking like one of the best teams in the league. With Ellington soon being added to the mix it probably won't look good in redraft for the foreseeable future.

Kid runs like a load. Every time he fights for 3 extra yards and drags the pile with him. His time will come.
. :goodposting: ​ The biggest knock against Arizona rookie RB David Johnson entering the draft was that he did not run hard between the tackles but yesterday he was running very hard between the tackles. Using his big body and strength, leg drive. Really impressive.

It didn't look like it but he had 10 combined touches. CJ looked good, er outside of that horrible drop when he mistimed his leap, just looked bad on that one. With Andre Ellington coming back, I don't know what Arians will do but the kid sure does look good IMHO.

This was the perfect week to get the production and touches if it was ever going to happen in the near term. Arians is frustrating and at the end of the day they are winning big and looking like one of the best teams in the league. With Ellington soon being added to the mix it probably won't look good in redraft for the foreseeable future.
Agreed. Arians waited until they were up by 40 points before giving him his 4th carry of the game. Seems odd to me, but they obviously are sticking with their plan.

I don't believe the Cardinals can feature Ellington heavily. It seems his body never holds up to that.

At this point, given how good Chris Johnson did look yesterday, I see no reason to push David Johnson into a bigger role and that sucks. He could really emerge in fantasy but it doesn't seem to fit the Cards' real world needs.

Side note: I am really happy for the Cards but Arians needs to pull his head out of his ### and get Palmer out of the game when its a blow out. We all saw what happens to that team when he's out and they don't need him getting hurt in a 37-7 game.

There was some hope here and there but ultimately we're back to square one. DJ isn't going to have significant value until later in the season when Arians gets him ready for the playoff run or if/when Ellington gets injured again.

Even if Ellington goes down with another injury DJ isn't the handcuff. So yeah in redraft unless its a return league he's two injuries away from seeing the field. Got to respect Arians and his track record but DJ wasn't even given a chance to outplay CJ yesterday. So he's droppable in redraft imo.

:moneybag:

BTW: I also started D.J. over Chris Johnson in another league to double down on my stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup: At least Johnson stayed healthy.

:thumbup: At least Johnson stayed healthy.
Though it's tough to get injured with as little usage he got in the game, he could have tripped on something in the locker room after the game. I'll wait until this week's injury report comes out to be certain.

I'm still holding, though it will be tough with the bye weeks starting. I still think this guy can be big later this season.

He's a rookie, and we all know Arians works them in slowly. It didn't surprise me that Chris Johnson was the "run the clock out with a lead" guy in week 3. They got him as a cheap FA and he's been effective, so they will keep doing what works. Plenty of season left to go though, and I don't want to risk putting DJ back on the waiver wire.

I can't trust him, even as a flex. Very talented but Arians will hold him down. Last seat on my bench until further notice.

Yea, cj2k just kept pounding the rock for a couple yds here and there, and Arians was fine with it....I guess if ur blowing out ur opponent mite as well run cj into the ground vs. give the explosive rook a good look?? Cj's explosion is gone! But he's working fine as a filler I ges.

I'm holding in redraft hoping for FG gold in the 2nd half of the season

Users who are viewing this thread