What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (1 Viewer)

I'm listening to the latest podcast. BB did go on record as saying CMIKE would start. They all seem to think he can make a difference. Im overstating that. They don't know that he can make a difference, but believe it.

Im starting him.

I think it's pretty silly to spit bile at people who 1) picked up and held C.Michael all this time 2) happened across him this season and grabbed him for a stash. What's the big deal? He's a lotto ticket, just like tons of other end of bench stashes. But, looks like he'll get a shot.

Assuming it would be too much to ask to wait until next Sunday and see how things actually shake out, eh?

I'm listening to the latest podcast. BB did go on record as saying CMIKE would start. They all seem to think he can make a difference. Im overstating that. They don't know that he can make a difference, but believe it.

Im starting him.
I'm starting him because it might be the last chance to start him in his career.

Im starting him.
I'm starting him because it might be the last chance to start him in his career.
Seems like an odd line of thinking but OK dude, shine on.

I think it's pretty silly to spit bile at people who 1) picked up and held C.Michael all this time 2) happened across him this season and grabbed him for a stash. What's the big deal? He's a lotto ticket, just like tons of other end of bench stashes. But, looks like he'll get a shot.

Assuming it would be too much to ask to wait until next Sunday and see how things actually shake out, eh?
Asked that many time in the other thread.

Negativity is amazing, maybe they want to laugh at you if he fails, like so many have done before. Other hyped players got this much bile.

Succeeding in the NFL is beyond tough.

I'm not planning on starting him right away (barring some crazy Gurley-esque practice reports where people are buzzing that he's lighting up the joint in practice and is a must start). FF is in large part about avoiding risk and the first game out of the bye with no proven track record is too risky if there are other options. Dude has always been playoff lottery ticket until proven otherwise...just glad that we might actually have a "pre" playoff lottery situation developing instead.

I'm not planning on starting him right away (barring some crazy Gurley-esque practice reports where people are buzzing that he's lighting up the joint in practice and is a must start). FF is in large part about avoiding risk and the first game out of the bye with no proven track record is too risky if there are other options. Dude has always been playoff lottery ticket until proven otherwise...just glad that we might actually have a "pre" playoff lottery situation developing instead.
I don't have the luxury of having L. Miller and the Muscle Hampster.

glad I was able to snag him last week and have him stashed as a RB5-6 on both my teams...fingers crossed he can make an impact...should be fun.

He'll probably get hurt within his first 2-3 carries, thereby providing another 10 pages to this thread within 1 day on "how great he looked" and "wait until he's healthy" posts.

Dallas' scout.com site is also saying that he's been taking the first team reps and they expect him to do so this week, too.

I honestly don't think he will do well. And it's not because I don't own him. His one carry for positive yards he looked very different than the other two RBs; very explosive. I just don't see how anyone thinks any RB will be any good until Romo and Dez come back... And by then it's too late for most people.

I really hope he holds the starting job because I'm tired of,holding Randle on my bench. If the guy who has him in my league drops him this week like I expect him to (his QB and TE are on bye and his entire bench is on bye and not droppable except cmike and duke) then I will hope to grab him but my expectations are tepid.

Picked up for free two weeks ago, debating selling now in case he stinks. So conflicted!
at this point I would think the potential upside would far outweigh what you might get. I can't see anyone breaking the bank before he does anything...what realistically are you going to get? Tedd Ginn, Tavon Austin type? For your investment you're playing with house money...you've put nothing down, if you trade him in you'll likely get a little more than nothing but if you hold and he hits you might get a complete difference maker..especially if he can play well enough to earn a role until Dez/Romo return. Once they return and the offense opens up he could be like Anderson last year... I would guess that probability is low but it's worth holding a week or two to see how things shake out...if he ends up 25-82 over the next two weeks you cut him and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't think he will do well. And it's not because I don't own him. His one carry for positive yards he looked very different than the other two RBs; very explosive. I just don't see how anyone thinks any RB will be any good until Romo and Dez come back... And by then it's too late for most people.

I really hope he holds the starting job because I'm tired of,holding Randle on my bench. If the guy who has him in my league drops him this week like I expect him to (his QB and TE are on bye and his entire bench is on bye and not droppable except cmike and duke) then I will hope to grab him but my expectations are tepid.
They do have a good line though and while he won't be Demarco dominant if he can consistently fall forward, break some tackles in the backfield and explode through the creases he could keep drives alive and keep them in 3rd and short. Certainly an uphill battle but this kid is playing for a starting RB position on the Cowboys...the opportunity is there and if he wants it he'll have to leave it on the field each and every play. Will he do it? We'll see soon enough.....

Grrrr....

Someone dropped Michael when waivers ran last Wednesday, I put in a claim for him. Turns out the Commish messed up the settings on CBS for the 2nd year in a row, and it won't you add anyone that's been dropped until the following week. I let the commish know and he thought he changed it Thursday, but it still didn't work. Of course the Commish and I have the 2 best teams and he knows I need a RB...

something tells me I won't be lucky enough to get him when waivers run tomorrow night.

Grrrr....

Someone dropped Michael when waivers ran last Wednesday, I put in a claim for him. Turns out the Commish messed up the settings on CBS for the 2nd year in a row, and it won't you add anyone that's been dropped until the following week. I let the commish know and he thought he changed it Thursday, but it still didn't work. Of course the Commish and I have the 2 best teams and he knows I need a RB...

something tells me I won't be lucky enough to get him when waivers run tomorrow night.
similar situation happened to me last week...I've been monitoring the situation for a couple weeks and a guy that held him dropped him last week...I was 6th on waivers and didn't think I'd have a shot at him but somehow he slipped through and no one put in a claim for him (probably due to the bye week). In the 1st week I missed out on Lewis by one spot (I was 9th) and was sure I was going to be sniped again. Happy to have this little lottery ticket as my 5-6 RB

They do have a good line though and while he won't be Demarco dominant if he can consistently fall forward, break some tackles in the backfield and explode through the creases he could keep drives alive and keep them in 3rd and short. Certainly an uphill battle but this kid is playing for a starting RB position on the Cowboys...the opportunity is there and if he wants it he'll have to leave it on the field each and every play. Will he do it? We'll see soon enough.....
I'll admit he can't look much slower than Randle and mcfadden, but I just don't see him being startable until very late in the yr. worth a flier dont get me wrong. I'm sitting here hoping his owner drops him and I can grab him. He has no choice. It's him or Randall Cobb... Or take a loss, but this is a must win for him.

"According to Bryan Broaddus of Cowboys.com, Christine Michael handled the majority of first-team running back reps at Monday's practice.

The Cowboys are coming off a Week 6 bye. Indications coming pretty much directly from the team -- including from Cowboys RBs coach Gary Brown -- are that Michael will be given a legitimate chance to carve out a major role in Dallas' backfield after Joseph Randle predictably provided sub-par results as the early-season lead back. Michael, 24, ran 4.54 with an absurd 43-inch vertical and 10-foot-5 broad jump at 5-foot-10, 220 coming out of Texas A&M in the 2013 draft. The Seahawks made him the 62nd overall pick.

"Bryan Broaddus‏@BryanBroaddus 10m10 minutes agoBryan Broaddus Retweeted Zack Barnes

True.

Zack Barnes @The_Zack_Barnes @BryanBroaddus True that 30 took the most reps with the 1's?"

Only 6 days left to finish my underground apocalypse bunker when the Internet burns to a crisp and the entire world goes bonkers.

Must....dig....faster.....

If he starts tearing it up the thread activity will actually die down.
The usual haters are already M.I.A. on the last page.

You know how this will go. If he struggles on Sunday, they will be in here making sure nobody forgets it. If he thrives, they will quietly retreat into the background.

I'm excited that he has this opportunity. It's what everybody hoped for. Can he capitalize? The situation is grim, but he's more dynamic than Randle or DMC, so I'm still at least somewhat optimistic. I have him in a few leagues and, even if he only manages to mirror Randle's FF output, it will be a nice shot in the arm for some of my teams.

If he starts tearing it up the thread activity will actually die down.
The usual haters are already M.I.A. on the last page.

You know how this will go. If he struggles on Sunday, they will be in here making sure nobody forgets it. If he thrives, they will quietly retreat into the background.

I'm excited that he has this opportunity. It's what everybody hoped for. Can he capitalize? The situation is grim, but he's more dynamic than Randle or DMC, so I'm still at least somewhat optimistic. I have him in a few leagues and, even if he only manages to mirror Randle's FF output, it will be a nice shot in the arm for some of my teams.
I'll be here to eat crow like I have the last 12 years when I've been wrong

You make a funny comment... If he mirrors randle it'd be a shot in the arm. Most randle haters here think randle is barely making any fantasy impact...

I really don't think he will be amazing. Maybe the best of the worst, but there are worse players to hold all season. I've got my wagon hitched to Ahmad Bradshaw. Time will tell on all these long shots. I may not like CM but I'm certainly hoping he's dropped in my league this week (see abov, I'm not going to keep retyping)

Got offered Maclin for him in a redraft.
These offers are very interesting. James jones was mentioned earlier.

You could get a by startable player for someone who you don't know will pan out.

being the starter doesn't necessarily mean lions share of the carries, but CM has taken all the reps with the ones apparently.

Randle has been a TD dependent RB 2/3. Can we assume CM will be anything more? How so? DMC will undoubtedly still be getting passing work and every third series as he has all season... I can't imagine CM suddenly changing what Dallas has done for at least the last 2 years in game planning. When does randle factor into the game? Maybe not much if CM does well.

To put it into perspective, 3-4 weeks ago if someone offered me James Jones or Maclin for Randle and I probably would have accepted it.

This is the fun part about FF, you can take what you can get for him now or hope he really is that lotto ticket. I see him at best being a RB 3/flex play, at least until Romo comes back and then I don't know maybe he becomes a RB 2. In one week his value will change regardless.

These offers are very interesting. James jones was mentioned earlier.

You could get a by startable player for someone who you don't know will pan out.

being the starter doesn't necessarily mean lions share of the carries, but CM has taken all the reps with the ones apparently.

Randle has been a TD dependent RB 2/3. Can we assume CM will be anything more? How so? DMC will undoubtedly still be getting passing work and every third series as he has all season... I can't imagine CM suddenly changing what Dallas has done for at least the last 2 years in game planning. When does randle factor into the game? Maybe not much if CM does well.

To put it into perspective, 3-4 weeks ago if someone offered me James Jones or Maclin for Randle and I probably would have accepted it.

This is the fun part about FF, you can take what you can get for him now or hope he really is that lotto ticket. I see him at best being a RB 3/flex play, at least until Romo comes back and then I don't know maybe he becomes a RB 2. In one week his value will change regardless.
CM is better than Randle that's how so. It's really not a great situation though so I don't expect anything great until Romo and Dez are back. Then it has the potential to be a very good situation for CM. All he has to do is out play Randle and McFadden so he keeps the lead back role and I'm confident he will do that.

These offers are very interesting. James jones was mentioned earlier.You could get a by startable player for someone who you don't know will pan out.

I traded Randle for Hopkins after week two and still own C Mike. Winning all around.

Christina owners. You have been barking all season long. Now you get the bone. What will you do with it? Run with it or choke on it? Cant wait to see. The spotlight is on you now!!!!
Hi georg, I appreciate that you are active in this thread but maybe you could tone down on the "Christina" stuff? You have been doing that for a long time now and really does not bring anything to the thread other than being intentionally, and unnecessarily, inflammatory. It's the kind of comment that leads to threads derailing (with the bannings and the lockings, ner...klaven). There is no point to prove, we're just a bunch of guys on the internet looking for information and analysis on a player.Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Is "Christina" more offensive than "Christine"?

Christina owners. You have been barking all season long. Now you get the bone. What will you do with it? Run with it or choke on it? Cant wait to see. The spotlight is on you now!!!!
Hi georg, I appreciate that you are active in this thread but maybe you could tone down on the "Christina" stuff? You have been doing that for a long time now and really does not bring anything to the thread other than being intentionally, and unnecessarily, inflammatory. It's the kind of comment that leads to threads derailing (with the bannings and the lockings, ner...klaven). There is no point to prove, we're just a bunch of guys on the internet looking for information and analysis on a player.Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Ones his name, that other is not. So yes. Any other questions?

Was offered James jones for him if anyone cares.
You took that right?
Not yet. Both players can be kept and this thread has me thinking of lollipops and unicorns with CMike.
One is Rodgers favorite target, the other has 2 carries for 5 yards. I own him in both leagues and hope I'm wrong, but you've got a proven commodity in James Jones.
:goodposting:

Ones his name, that other is not. So yes. Any other questions?
Yes, is your name a play on the word #######?

Users who are viewing this thread