What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (1 Viewer)

As I imagine may be the same with most of you guys..what do we do with this gold? In redraft, you are probably sitting someone decent or higher in the pecking order in order to start him..but its hard not to start him @Det and @Chi.

I guess the question in Redraft becomes, do you trust him enough to start as a WR3 on a weekly basis, to the point where you sit and then trade a "better" option? Just feels like he has already moved past WR4/bye week help status.

this kid is the real deal. plenty of guys that can run 4.4 or better in a straight line but Diggs' suddenness, start/stop, and change of direction along with what seems like great hands is what puts him a cut above the rest - plus he's plenty fast with a 4.46 40 time. mike wallace isn't meant to be a WR1, charles johnson tried but failed, patterson simply isn't a WR at all. let him string together 2-3 more of these games and he will start getting national press.

he was one of only three five-star WR recruit's coming out of HS in 2012. Green-Beckham, Diggs, Agholor in that order. All three ranked ahead of the great Amari Cooper. he doesn't have DGB's size but is a better pure receiver in all other aspects. two weeks in a row he has made CB's look absolutely silly. sent aqib talib stumbling and then put the whole KC chiefs defense off balance.

all aboard the hype train!!!!!!

He's my wr # 1 with Jeffrey on bye next week. Gosh, how am I 5-1?
:yes:

He's currently my WR 1 until Dez gets back. Whenever that will be.

IDK how I'm 5-1 either!
Weeeeell lets not start sucking each other's ##### just yet...

On a serious note I'm very optimistic about him being a WR3 moving forward! He's just better than Wright, Johnson, and Patterson. He could be better than Wallace by season's end.

What has me most excited is that he's being universally praised by coaches, veteran players, WRs, DBs, analysts, etc. There are a bunch of people looking at him from different perspectives and they all like what they see.

rickyg said:
Just offered a 2016 1st RD pick for him in dynasty.
Bold move.

I drafted him wherever I could (although I am kicking myself for not taking him in a late August draft...I took Hardy instead...should have trusted my instincts). Nevertheless, I have gotten him on waivers in three other leagues since the draft (dropped by other owners). Probably own him in 75% of the leagues I am in.

Well, I'm 2-4 now. Think I have to make the move for him with my No. 1 waiver. I prefer to save the No. 1 waiver for a RB taking over as starter, but I could use a boost at WR after Julio. I don't really trust the Minny passing game. But my team needs something now. By the time I have a better option my season might be over. So might as well roll the dice that he is the ODB of this year.

Stefon Diggs may remain starter Mon Oct 19, 04:20 PM

Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs was one of the starting wide receivers in the team's Week 6 game, but head coach Mike Zimmer said he is not sure if Diggs will keep the starting job.
this probably has more to do with having to talk to a veteran first rather than him hearing it in press

Zimmer was oddly uncomfy with the Q

I watched a bunch of Deon Long "tape" and so I picked up Diggs weeks ago, lil desperate for WR too.

I didn't think Diggs was better every game in college.

Long didn't get much time with the Titans during camp and the Dolphins put him on their PS.

The Vikings should reunite these two. "Show your buddy Deon how it's done"

It would cost them nothing of significance to sign a PS guy

Predraft article-not exactly some average talent

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25133290/meet-deon-long-one-of-the-drafts-intriguing-diamonds-in-the-rough

Last edited by a moderator:
Stefon Diggs may remain starter Mon Oct 19, 04:20 PM

Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs was one of the starting wide receivers in the team's Week 6 game, but head coach Mike Zimmer said he is not sure if Diggs will keep the starting job.
Diggs got 80% of snaps and was easily the best WR on the team so Zimmer can say whatever he wants but actions speak louder than words.

lol Rotoworld

Oct 4 - 8:48 PM
Making his NFL debut, Stefon Diggs caught 6-of-10 targets for 87 yards in the Vikings' Week 4 loss to the Broncos.
With Charles Johnson sidelined, Diggs tied Mike Wallace for the team lead in targets. Diggs created a ton of space against the Broncos' elite defense, and flashed the play-making ability that earned him a day-three flier out of Maryland. Diggs has no re-draft value, but remains worth stashing away in Dynasty leagues.
Oct 19 - 3:28 PM
Speaking Monday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer left open the possibility that Stefon Diggs has taken Charles Johnson's starting job.
Zimmer basically offered up a "no comment" on the situation, which is a strong sign Diggs has played himself into two-receiver sets opposite Mike Wallace. Diggs has only 40 fewer yards than Wallace despite being active for just 2-of-5 games. A legit playmaker who was a big-time recruit out of high school, Diggs is worth an add in 12-14 team leagues, especially in PPR formats.
LMAO

Mike Wallace compared rookie WR Stefon Diggs' skill set to a young Antonio Brown.
Wallace played with Brown in Pittsburgh. "When you look at a guy, you can tell from day one who can play football. I always felt like he could," Wallace said. "Just the skill set, the way he runs his routes, the energy that he has. It reminds me of him." This comparison is over the top, but it has become apparent the Vikings are high on their rookie receiver. Diggs could be limited by the slow pace of the Minnesota offense and the return of Charles Johnson (ribs), but he has the playmaking ability to be useful even on limited targets. He needs to be owned in all leagues.

Would you guys rather own Diggs or Wallace in PPR redraft at this point?
Probably a toss up. Rookie=inconsistency at points and unproven. Similar style of play in some ways. But if I were left to pick between two, I would go ahead and go Diggs and swing for the fences and go for the hot hand.

Thanks to everyone who contributed here. Was able to scoop this guy for $1 on Sunday right before kickoff. I actually played him too and won because of it. Always great to be ahead of the curve. Threads like this are what make the Shark Pool great!

lol Rotoworld

Making his NFL debut, Stefon Diggs caught 6-of-10 targets for 87 yards in the Vikings' Week 4 loss to the Broncos.
With Charles Johnson sidelined, Diggs tied Mike Wallace for the team lead in targets. Diggs created a ton of space against the Broncos' elite defense, and flashed the play-making ability that earned him a day-three flier out of Maryland. Diggs has no re-draft value, but remains worth stashing away in Dynasty leagues.
Speaking Monday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer left open the possibility that Stefon Diggs has taken Charles Johnson's starting job.
Zimmer basically offered up a "no comment" on the situation, which is a strong sign Diggs has played himself into two-receiver sets opposite Mike Wallace. Diggs has only 40 fewer yards than Wallace despite being active for just 2-of-5 games. A legit playmaker who was a big-time recruit out of high school, Diggs is worth an add in 12-14 team leagues, especially in PPR formats.
LMAO

Mike Wallace compared rookie WR Stefon Diggs' skill set to a young Antonio Brown.
Wallace played with Brown in Pittsburgh. "When you look at a guy, you can tell from day one who can play football. I always felt like he could," Wallace said. "Just the skill set, the way he runs his routes, the energy that he has. It reminds me of him." This comparison is over the top, but it has become apparent the Vikings are high on their rookie receiver. Diggs could be limited by the slow pace of the Minnesota offense and the return of Charles Johnson (ribs), but he has the playmaking ability to be useful even on limited targets. He needs to be owned in all leagues.
So he went from a speculative add to a must add because Mike Wallace compared him to Antonio Brown?

lol Rotoworld

Speaking Monday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer left open the possibility that Stefon Diggs has taken Charles Johnson's starting job.Zimmer basically offered up a "no comment" on the situation, which is a strong sign Diggs has played himself into two-receiver sets opposite Mike Wallace. Diggs has only 40 fewer yards than Wallace despite being active for just 2-of-5 games. A legit playmaker who was a big-time recruit out of high school, Diggs is worth an add in 12-14 team leagues, especially in PPR formats.
LMAO

So he went from a speculative add to a must add because Mike Wallace compared him to Antonio Brown?
Like some poolers say, Wallace must know talent since he plays WR...

lol Rotoworld

Speaking Monday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer left open the possibility that Stefon Diggs has taken Charles Johnson's starting job.Zimmer basically offered up a "no comment" on the situation, which is a strong sign Diggs has played himself into two-receiver sets opposite Mike Wallace. Diggs has only 40 fewer yards than Wallace despite being active for just 2-of-5 games. A legit playmaker who was a big-time recruit out of high school, Diggs is worth an add in 12-14 team leagues, especially in PPR formats.
LMAO

No, he went to must add because he has looked fantastic while Johnson looked ordinary.

lol Rotoworld

LMAO

Power of one voice, bro.

But its much easier for Rotoworld to say after seeing the past two games.

Man, I wish I had come up with the idea of sites like Roto. Get paid to be a Captain Obvious parrot, making it sound like you are ahead of the curve when in fact you are normally well behind it. Get something wrong? No problem. Just say it tend different times until it goes away.

lol Rotoworld

LMAO

No, he went to must add because he has looked fantastic while Johnson looked ordinary.
Yeah, I don't disagree there, I'm just pointing out the hilarity that Rotoworld all of a sudden changed their tune only after they got Mike Wallace's endorsement.

lol Rotoworld

LMAO

Yeah, I don't disagree there, I'm just pointing out the hilarity that Rotoworld all of a sudden changed their tune only after they got Mike Wallace's endorsement.
Yeah, it is a strange way to support that someone is a must add. Why not just say he looks great and is putting up numbers to prove it?

lol Rotoworld

LMAO

Yeah, it is a strange way to support that someone is a must add. Why not just say he looks great and is putting up numbers to prove it?
It wouldn't make any sense to upgrade Diggs because of what Mike Wallace said because Wallace said the same thing in an interview August 2nd which I posted in this thread.

Obviously it is how Diggs performed not what Wallace said about him causing the upgrade.

I do have to wonder why the Vikings had Diggs inactive for the 1st 3 games if they have been seeing him play like this for months.

lol Rotoworld

LMAO

It wouldn't make any sense to upgrade Diggs because of what Mike Wallace said because Wallace said the same thing in an interview August 2nd which I posted in this thread.

Obviously it is how Diggs performed not what Wallace said about him causing the upgrade.

I do have to wonder why the Vikings had Diggs inactive for the 1st 3 games if they have been seeing him play like this for months.
Earlier in the season they said it was because he doesn't play ST, and all the vet receivers ahead of him were healthy. Only due to injuries did he get his shot, and it appears he's not letting go. :)

lol Rotoworld

LMAO

It's because the coaching staff is brain dead when it comes to evaluating offensive talent and scheming. In my opinion of course.

How do you rate Diggs for ROS against the likes of other waiver wire pickups this year such as Crabtree, Hankerson, Moncrief, Snead, Wallace, etc? Who do you think he is most comparable to as the year goes on?

I don't assume rationality out of coaches, other than the top-notch ones like Belichick. We've all seen way too many stupid-### decisions by coaches over the years to automatically defer to their "expertise" on all matters.

How do you rate Diggs for ROS against the likes of other waiver wire pickups this year such as Crabtree, Hankerson, Moncrief, Snead, Wallace, etc? Who do you think he is most comparable to as the year goes on?
Just yesterday I was thinking about how Crabtree high points the ball as being similar to Diggs. I think they share that skill. There were a couple passes that I thought Mike Wallace could have caught if he went after the ball the way that Diggs does.

Teddy Bridgewater throws pretty accurately and often has good ball placement but not always. Some times his throws are high or a little outside and the receiver needs to be able to adjust to that which Diggs has shown the ability to do.

The Vikings offense is a 50/50 split between run and pass right now, so until that changes I think Moncrief and Snead have more opportunity for targets than WR in the Vikings offense will. I do think the Vikings offense will shift more towards a 55/45 run to pass ratio as the season goes on.

I've been doing some shopping in dynasty...

Rejected straight up for each Torrey Smith and Golden Tate

Awaiting reply on Snead, Dorsett though both owners logged in.

Decent article about Diggs.

Diggs’ route running has impressed teammates, including veterans Captain Munnerlyn and Mike Wallace.

“He’s one of the most polished receivers I’ve seen as a rookie,” Munnerlyn said. “Some guys, it takes them awhile to learn how to run routes in the NFL. He’s already got that, and he’s a great receiver and has great speed, great hands. He goes and gets the ball.”

Munnerlyn did specify that Diggs “ain’t got me yet.”

“I’m not going to tell you that,” Munnerlyn said Monday, cracking a smile for media members. “We compete, but he hasn’t turned me around yet in practice.”
Diggs said he learned a lot from former NFL receiver Keenan McCardell, who coached him last season at Maryland and the rest of the Terps staff. Part of the lesson was how to watch film of opponents’ techniques and movements, which can help him set up foes. He said his route running has improved since arriving in Minnesota.

“When you see Charles Johnson and a lot of other guys who run great routes, you’ve automatically got to sharpen your blade a little bit and take the little things you can from him,” Diggs said. “I’ve been working at it a long time.”

lol Rotoworld

LMAO

Earlier in the season they said it was because he doesn't play ST, and all the vet receivers ahead of him were healthy. Only due to injuries did he get his shot, and it appears he's not letting go. :)
I read where the HC said they didn't want to overwhelm him, and wanted to bring him along slowly.

No way I trade him for Torrey Smith in dynasty. We know what Smith is. Golden Tate I would consider. Hell to the naw on Snead and Dorsett.

Searched for him in my ESPN standard redraft league and he's projected to have 0 pts in Week 7.

Charles Johnson is projected to have just 5 pts.

What gives? Shouldn't Diggs be projected to have somewhere between 5-8 pts?

Searched for him in my ESPN standard redraft league and he's projected to have 0 pts in Week 7.

Charles Johnson is projected to have just 5 pts.

What gives? Shouldn't Diggs be projected to have somewhere between 5-8 pts?
I don't think ESPN is a good source for data.

I did notice on NFL.com fantasy that they listed Diggs as being owned in only .9% of their leagues yesterday.

Fantasy pros (which is a combination of 17 expert rankings right now) has Diggs ranked as WR 28 in standard and PPR leagues. Mike Wallace is ranked 31st and 32nd.

eta- people asked about comparing Diggs fantasy value to Moncrief and Snead. The Colts play the Saints in week 7 which is likely to be a high scoring game so I can understand these WR being better plays this week than Diggs will be. There is still some question about how Charles Johnson will be used and if this means Diggs will split playing time with Johnson or not.

Detroit was a good defense last season but have not been playing as well this season.

Detroit is 17th in number of plays allowed 29th in yards per play allowed (6.1) 21st in 1st downs allowed 28th in rushing yards allowed 19th in yards per attempt allowed.

In most areas the Saints and Colts defenses are worse or not much better than Detroits defense has been. The main difference being the offenses of the Colts and Saints passing more than the Vikings will. Especially if the Vikings are successful running the ball, which they should be.

lol Rotoworld

LMAO

Power of one voice, bro.

But its much easier for Rotoworld to say after seeing the past two games.

Man, I wish I had come up with the idea of sites like Roto. Get paid to be a Captain Obvious parrot, making it sound like you are ahead of the curve when in fact you are normally well behind it. Get something wrong? No problem. Just say it tend different times until it goes away.
People start new websites every day. Go for it.

Eh, I'm wavering on using the No. 1 waiver on him.
Same here. I wouldn't mind grabbing him and stashing him on my bench in case he really does develop into a fantasy starter. But is it worth that #1 waiver spot? That's what I have to decide.

Eh, I'm wavering on using the No. 1 waiver on him.
Same here. I wouldn't mind grabbing him and stashing him on my bench in case he really does develop into a fantasy starter. But is it worth that #1 waiver spot? That's what I have to decide.
I just think in general the No. 1 waiver spot should be saved for a RB who all of a sudden is put in a promising situation. In addition, I have concerns about Diggs consistently doing well in Minny's limited passing game. But I'm 2-4 so I need an infusion right away and there's no one else who offers his potential right now.

thank you for sharing that!

was offered a devy pick and cannon fodder for him on Monday. Ez pass.

Dude is just turning 22 next month and has flashed some talent in a wide open situation with a young QB (plus has his head on straight).

Users who are viewing this thread