What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Stefon Diggs, HOU (2 Viewers)

Many thanks to Faust and all who contributed to this thread. I grabbed Diggs at the last minute today in my dynasty after all the talk, seeing him play two weeks ago, and the fact that Johnson was inactive. I didn't start him, but am really thankful I have him. Great talk and discussion in this thread guys. Keep up good work like this.

One more week above 15 fantasy points and his value solidifies. He might be a really nice guy to trade away in dynasty to a rebuilding team. He's peaking at the right time.

I'm really hoping that Charles Johnson gets healthy for next week so we can get a gauge on the group when everyone's playing. It will paint an even clearer picture, and one that I'm betting has Diggs getting the most snaps/targets.

As we get more data on him we'll get a clearer picture of how high his upside is. As of now it's still sky high to me, still early but not much more you can ask for.

Diggs or John brown ROS?
If I had to make a choice right now I'd still lean Brown because his offensive role is more solidified and ARI's offense is more potent/receiver friendly. He's also coming off a game where he just flashed his ceiling (200 yards).

Anyone got a good link to his highlights or targets for today?
I'll be making the video as soon as the coaches film is released (tomorrow), there's no one else I'm more interested in watching.

I don't know guys, i'm a vikings fan and i don't trust any player in this offense to be a full time fantasy starter yet. Diggs looks like a great prospect though.

HERE - Just a fun video I found of him at minicamp while searching for more highlights. There he looks really sharp in his cuts at least so it's something

He looks 10x better in that video than he did running the combine IMO

FOR COMPARISONS SAKE

Could you break Week 6 down like this for us? I don't have game rewind.
The coaches film isn't available yet so I was not really able to see what was happening down field which matters on a couple of the plays, but here are my observations mostly focused on the passing game and Diggs against KC.

1st Quarter

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down and 4 yards to go. The Vikings line up with 3 WR right. Diggs is outside with Wallace inside him and Wright in the slot. Rudolph is on the left side. Wright goes in motion behind the line before coming back to his slot position to check if the defense is playing man. The safeties shift reacting to the motion indicating zone. Smith is on Wallace inside and Peters is playing off coverage outside. Wallace runs a post drawing coverage from Smith and the safety to the middle of the field. Diggs and Wright both run out routes and Diggs comes open for the catch as Peters is playing a deep outside zone. This mid range out route is similar to what I thought was Diggs best play against Denver, his last catch of that game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The Viking run a similar out route to Wallace on 2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 7 the ball is a bit outside and Wallace doesn’t get close enough to make the catch on this one. Just off his fingers. Trent Green comments that Bridgewaters throw was off, but I think a WR who attacks the ball a bit more aggressively can get to that ball. Wallace may not be fully healthy. Again they had Peters playing off coverage on this play. The 2TE and Peterson all stayed in to block on this play Diggs was on the left but did not get open on his route.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 8 Jarius Wright comes open against Abdullah pretty much right away and gets behind him. Bridgewater finds Wright for a 51 yard catch.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Blocking on run plays has been crap for Peterson so far. On 1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 10 after the big play by Wright, the Vikings run with Peterson who had a chance on the left side if he follows Rhett Ellisons block, but the play is I think designed to run to the right and Peterson gets no where. Kyle Rudolph cannot sustain his block against 97.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and goal Mike Harris gets pushed back into Bridgewater by number 97 Allen Bailey for a sack.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and goal Bridgewater makes a poor throw towards Rudolph who completely spazzes out and loses control of his body in the air making catching the ball close to impossible even if the ball had been on target. After Rudolph misses it Ron Parker makes the interception in the end zone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Next drive 2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 10 Diggs is on the left Wallace on the right with Rhett Ellison outside. Zach Line and Peterson in the I formation. Ellison comes in motion to the end of the line and blocks. Diggs runs what looks like will be a post route inside but then cuts back to the out route, again losing the defender covering him. 21 does a summersault on the field after falling down trying to react to Diggs cut. Watching this slow motion I notice that Diggs looks back for the ball at the point you would expect Teddy to throw if Diggs is running the post. The defender bites on this a bit. Diggs makes his cut right after looking back and he loses Smith in coverage at this point. Smith did ask for help over the top from the safety before the snap as he was playing press. He didn’t get any.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 11 after an incomplete pass that was deflected by Houston at the line and a run by Peterson that fails with 97 tackling him again. The Vikings line up 2WR and Rudolph to the left and Diggs to the right. Peters is playing press coverage. Diggs initially looks like he will be running the slant route and Peters reacts to this moving inside.[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Diggs does kind of a swim move like he is stopping and going to come right back to the ball like an inside hitch route, but then he breaks it off to the out route losing Peters in the process. The pass is a bit high but Diggs jumps and makes the catch at the highest point.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mike Wallace catches a hitch route for 5 yards on 2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and goal after Peterson loses yards on 1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down. On 3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down Bridgewater throws the ball away and the Vikings kick the field goal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] drive 2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 7 Diggs is lined up by himself to the left. Mike Wallace outside to the right with Wright beside him and MyCole Pruitt in the slot.[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Smith plays press coverage and does get a hand on Diggs who briefly fakes like he will be running the slant route again. The coverage is actually pretty good but Teddy throws the ball behind both Diggs and Smith. Diggs turns around at the right time and catches the ball with his right hand while turning back for the ball.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I am starting to wonder if KC will get wise to Diggs running this fake slant route but never running the slant. The Vikings did get Diggs on a slant route against Denver but the out route seems to be where Diggs is winning thus far in this game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] Quarter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 15 The Vikings run the out route to the right side to Wallace for 8 yards.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 2 the Bridgewater throws to Peterson in the flat who gets tackled right away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 10 Diggs is inside to the left with Wallace outside of him. Rudolph and Ellison are to the right. Smith is playing man on Wallace who runs a slant route over the middle underneath Diggs route that looks like a go at the first 10 yards but Diggs comes back to the outside. The pass is high and Diggs gets a hand on it but cannot bring it in for a catch.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]After some penalties the Vikings throw a slant route to Rudolph at the back of the end zone for the TD. The defense really focused on stopping Adrian Peterson who has been tackled for loss or stuffed repeatedly aside from 3 positive runs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 8 with 2:31 left to go in the half Diggs lines up outside to the left with Wright in the slot. Wallace to the right with Rudolph. Peters is playing off coverage on Wallace while Smith is playing press on Diggs. Teddy looks like he wants to go to Wallace from the start of the play and he throws the hitch to the outside to Wallace but the ball is a bit late because Wallace has already made his break back for the ball and Peters is able to get a hand on it to knock it down.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Trent Green’s keys to the 2[/SIZE][SIZE=small]nd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] half for KC is anything offensive.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] Quarter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Peterson finally gets a good run to the right side mainly due to the block by Brandon Fusco who pulled across and opened a hole for Peterson. Peters collapses on the run and Peterson bounces it outside for 23 yards.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 10 2 WR left with Diggs on the outside and Wright in the slot. Wallace is outside to the right with Rudolph inline to the right. Smith is playing press coverage and Diggs kind of floats with a couple stutter steps before turning back inside for the WR screen. This keeps Smith in place for Wright to pick up with a block just at the time when Diggs is getting the ball. Kalil also releases early in this play and get out in front of Diggs who catches it cleanly in stride so he can turn upfield right away behind Kalil’s block. He gets tackled from behind after about 10 yards as he slowed down to give a head fake to the outside on the safety, which looks like it would have worked if Hali wasn’t there to bring him down. Diggs struggled with his 2 screen opportunities against Denver and it looks like he has improved on the timing of this play and how to set up the defender before looking back for the ball.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Diggs is visibly excited by this point as you can see him gaining confidence with each reception he makes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mike Wallace running the hitch on the right side. The ball is a bit late again but right in Wallaces hands and he drops it. You can hear him yelling in frustration. The ball was a little to the outside and Wallace looks like he wants the ball to come to his belly because he has Peters right behind him. He doesn’t extend for the ball which is something I have seen Diggs do repeatedly in this game when needed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Graphic at this point says Wallace has been targeted 7 times with 2 receptions. That is two drops on what could have been catches.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]After throwing it to Rudolph but not getting the 1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down the Vikings kick a FG.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]After stopping KC on 4[/SIZE][SIZE=small]th[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down the Vikings the Vikings don’t do anything on the 1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] 2 downs. On 3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 10 Diggs runs a more squared off out route on the left side. He had bracket coverage with one defender underneath and Smith covering him deep. The pass is too high and Diggs can’t bring it down. He gets hit around the time the ball is getting there pushing away from the high pass but I think that was a good play on Smiths part. The Vikings get a 1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down because KC roughs the passer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Peterson has had 2 close to being fumbles and one he did fumble but was recovered.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I don’t think I have seen Peterson in the game on 3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down this game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 11 3 WR to the right in a triangle bunch Diggs is inside with Wallace stacked in front of him and Wright to the outside. The Vikings are setting up a WR screen to Diggs who goes in motion outside of Wright before the snap. Houston reads this and is able to jump up and deflect Bridgewaters pass outside to Diggs. Wright looks like he would have had a pretty good block on the play if the pass would have gotten there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]4[/SIZE][SIZE=small]th[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] Quarter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 10 Bridgewater is in the pistol Wallace to the right with Rudolph. Diggs outside to the left with Wright in the slot. Wright runs a quick slant after a slight hesitation move at the beginning of his route. Bridgewater hits him in stride and he gets a 1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 10 Peterson actually gets some good blocking with Fusco pulling to the right again and Rhett Ellison leading the way. Peterson is able to get 7 yards just following Ellison who blocks one defender back letting Peterson cut back to the inside after the block and pick up the 1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] down.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]KC finally adjusts to the out route. Diggs outside to the left with Wallace in the slot. Adam Theilen outside to the right. The Vikings have Wallace running a route across the field to the right sideline. Theilen is running a go route and Peters is covering him man to man. However Peters has help over the top and he falls off his coverage of Theilen and jumps the out route the Vikings have been running all game, this one takes a bit longer since it starts from the other side of the formation, but Teddy had time. I dunno great play by Peters who I think broke the normal structure of the defense.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]KC scores on a WR screen to Wilson where the Vikings blitzed seven including Harrison Smith and pretty much the whole KC line along with the WR got out to block for him and the TD. The Vikings defended a lot of screen plays and did very well on them, but not this one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]After giving up a sack where Ellison gets beat by Houston. Ellison had played very well up to this point and the Vikings still are not really asking the Right Tackle to block outside pass rushers. He is helping out Harris a lot of the time which has helped Harris play pretty well up until this game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE][SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 15 Wallace outside to the right with Rudolph in the slot. Diggs outside on the left with Wright in the slot. I cannot really see the routes downfield as the receivers all go deep. Bridgewater has time because KC only rushed 3 and they got blocked pretty well. Diggs finds an open spot in the middle of the field that Bridgewater throws to. There are 2 defenders behind where Diggs is and 2 in front of him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1[/SIZE][SIZE=small]st[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] and 10 3WR to the right Wallace to the outside Wright inside of him and Diggs in the slot. Wallace gets pushed back by Peters before he could block (Diggs might not have the ball yet) Peters is able to make the tackle on the WR screen because of this. Wright had an ok block downfield. The way Wright reaches his arm back before the snap of the ball suggests he is getting ready to block. Not much here but the Vikings are mainly trying to keep the clock moving.[/SIZE]

The Vikings do get the ball back another time after this but they are mainly running with Asiata and just running out the clock even though KC is within a TD of being able to win the game.

Overall Diggs has been breaking down corners with his route running and he showed improvement on the WR screens as well.

9 targets 7 receptions 129 yards 18.4ypc

I'm from baltimore and I was clamoring all off season for us to draft this kid. He told everyone that he wanted to play here and we still passed on him. I remember talking to Matt Waldman on Twitter and telling him watching his game film that he reminded me a lot of Odell Beckham. He's a greet route runner that's what stood out to me. He would have gotten more attention if he didn't play at University of Md they held him back with shotty QB play

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10pt]Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs has historic first two games [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Diggs caught seven passes for 129 yards Sunday in Minnesota's 16-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at TCF Bank Stadium. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The fifth-round draft pick out of Maryland has developed a deep trust with second-year quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who has made Diggs his favorite target. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]In his first two starts, Diggs has 13 receptions for 216 yards, the most for any non-replacement player in Vikings history. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Diggs' debut was better than Sammy White (210 yards, 12 catches in 1976) Randy Moss (184, 10 catches) and Percy Harvin (77, 8 catches), all of whom went on to win Offensive Rookie of the Year honors. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The only Viking to best Diggs' debut? James Brim, a replacement player during the 1987 strike. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Brim caught 14 balls for 233 yards in his first two weeks. He went for another 49 yards in his third game, the last of the strike, and then never played again. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"We got the 'dub', so I was really happy about that," said Diggs. "You can have a better day but you (really) can't have a better day. I'm just happy about my situation." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Diggs seized his opportunity after Charles Johnson missed his second straight game because of a rib injury. Inactive until the Week 4 game at Denver, Diggs has found a way to get open and make the tough and routine catches.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]His biggest catch came in the fourth quarter when Bridgewater stepped up on third and 15 from his 15 and fired a bullet down the middle of the field that Diggs hauled in for a 30-yard gain. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Being out there practicing together and working on extra reps, all the little things matter when working on a quarterback-and-receiver relationship," Diggs said. "We're going to keep at it. I'm going to do everything I can to be that reliable guy." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Diggs made the spectacular look routine in preseason camp. Since earning a roster spot, he has continued to impress his teammates with his sharp technique and quick grasp of the pro game. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"He's incredibly well-rounded for being such a young player," safety Harrison Smith said. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Added running back Adrian Peterson: "He's a game-changer to me. He plays extremely hard. I love the fire that he has." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]And coach Mike Zimmer: "He performs. He gets open, catches the ball. I think Teddy has got a lot of confidence in him. He's got a chance to be really good." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Two weeks ago, Diggs caught six passes for 87 yards against a physical Broncos secondary that was part of the NFL's top-ranked defense. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]His ability to dig in and shed defenders on out routes toward the sideline has been his signature move, although Diggs would not concede that. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]"I wouldn't say anything is my bread and butter, especially on camera," he said. "Just as far as getting open and creating separation." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]If Diggs keeps rolling, it won't be hard for him to make a mark in the team's rookie record books. Just nine first-year players in Vikings history have topped 400 yards receiving, and 10 have caught more than 30 passes, according to Pro-Football-Reference.com. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Moss holds the franchise records for rookies with 1,313 yards receiving and 69 receptions. Diggs, in a sample that is admittedly less than robust, is currently on track for 1,404 yards and 84 catches. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Marino Eccher contributed to this report.[/SIZE]​

He'll have his ups and downs like any receiver, but hard not to like what this guy offers the rest of this year and beyond.

BTW

Sigmund wiffed on him.

No mention on his waiver wire cast. Not even a 1 to 2%ers.
I noticed that as well. I think it was probably an oversight due to the bye week. Definitely should have been included. I grabbed him for a little more than 5% this week (then left him on my bench to start Snead. Ugh)
so I listened to the podcast. Sigmund does not sound like a believer. His loss. Him and Cecil were always blindly super high on Teddy. I guess they think Wallace is still the number one. I guess it's going to take week 8 until they're on board. This thread is ahead of the curve. Enjoy the ride!

I am willing to consider the possibility that Stefon Diggs could be better than Mike Wallace already. It certainly looked that way in the game against KC. To be fair to Wallace he did play through a injury. However he did have a couple drops that were not perfect but I think were catchable.

Wallace has a 3 game head start on Diggs but the 2 games Diggs has played have narrowed the difference.

Over 5 games Mike Wallace has 33 targets 22 receptions 256 yards 11.6ypc 1TD this is 6.6 targets/game 4.4 receptions/game .2TD/game

Over 2 games Stefon Diggs has 19 targets 13 receptions 216 yards 16.6ypc 0TD this is 9.5 targets/game 6.5 receptions/game 0TD/game

If this use for Diggs is sustainable and Wallace does not increase his targets Diggs will pass Wallace by around week 10

I think it is worth considering that currently the Vikings are 31st in total offensive plays run despite having a defense that is 4th in plays against, 8th in total yardage given up. The Vikings are last in passing yardage gained. I don't think the offense can continue to be this poor with the defense playing so good. The passing yardage pie may grow a bit in the weeks ahead.

Vikings are now at 61.4 offensive plays/game. On pace for 982.4 total plays.

146 pass attempts 94 completions 898 yards 3TD 4INT

29.2 pass attempts/game 18.8 completions 179.6 yards/game .6TD/game

On pace for 467 pass attempts 300 completions 2873 passing yards 9.6TD

146 rushing attempts 630 rushing yards 4.3ypc 6TD

29.2 rushing attempts/game 126 rushing yards/game 1.2TD/game

On pace for 467 rushing attempts 2016 rushing yards 19.2TD

15 sacks 125 yards 3 sacks/game 25 yards/game. On pace for 48 sacks for 400 yards.

I don't think the 50/50 balance of run to pass plays will continue all season. I think the Vikings will start having Bridgewater throw the ball more than 29 times a game. The Vikings offense is close to the same pace as 2012 in terms of rushing attempts right now.

BTW

Sigmund wiffed on him.

I noticed that as well. I think it was probably an oversight due to the bye week. Definitely should have been included. I grabbed him for a little more than 5% this week (then left him on my bench to start Snead. Ugh)
so I listened to the podcast. Sigmund does not sound like a believer. His loss. Him and Cecil were always blindly super high on Teddy. I guess they think Wallace is still the number one. I guess it's going to take week 8 until they're on board. This thread is ahead of the curve. Enjoy the ride!
Not defending Bloom, but there wasn't too many people on him. I picked him up in two leagues where we go pretty darn deep, and he was undrafted.

Looking at what he has done, if this was Devante Parker doing this, people would be flipping out. Guy is a true sleeper.

Cannot wait to watch the condensed game, and see for myself.

BTW

Sigmund wiffed on him.

Not defending Bloom, but there wasn't too many people on him. I picked him up in two leagues where we go pretty darn deep, and he was undrafted.

Looking at what he has done, if this was Devante Parker doing this, people would be flipping out. Guy is a true sleeper.

Cannot wait to watch the condensed game, and see for myself.
isn't that the point of the waiver wire podcast?At this point of the season halfway through any player starting to bubble up and emerge should be identified on there. Let's face it the Vikings are going to run the ball and if they do throw it's going to be short strikes that Teddy can handle. That has Diggs written all over it. Point is he missed it. it's not a big deal but for us in here I'm glad we grabbed him.

@PFF_NateJahnke: Yards Per Route Run leader: 1.Martavis Bryant 7.21 2.Stefon Diggs 3.32 3.Griff Whalen 3.29 4.B.Fowler 3.24 5.A.Jeffery 3.08(Min 10 routes)

Proof is in the pudding. He is better than Johnson and Wright already. If he is a decent blocker, I don't see how he is on the bench moving forward. He appears to be the best route runner on the team already. Wallace has said as much going back to preseason, comparing him to Antonio Brown when he entered the league. I'm not selling at this point, unless I'm getting a proven player.

Taken from another forum:

Hes polished, veteran cornerback Terence Newman said. Runs good routes. Quick as a hiccup. Very smooth. When I first got here I was like, Hey, who is this kid? I was impressed with him from Day 1.

If he keeps his head on straight and keeps doing what hes doing, hell be one to watch. Potential Hall of Famer, down the road.

Fellow veteran corner Captain Munnerlyn nodded emphatically. Hes so special, Munnerlyn said. Hes one of the most polished receivers Ive ever seen come out of college. Im glad he dropped into our hands. I feel like we got the steal of the draft. Great routes, great hands, works hard, great attitude.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-teammates-praise-the-potential-of-stefon-diggs/333941361/

He’s polished,’’ veteran cornerback Terence Newman said. “Runs good routes. Quick as a hiccup. Very smooth. When I first got here I was like, ‘Hey, who is this kid?’ I was impressed with him from Day 1.

“If he keeps his head on straight and keeps doing what he’s doing, he’ll be one to watch. Potential Hall of Famer, down the road.’’

Fellow veteran corner Captain Munnerlyn nodded emphatically. “He’s so special,’’ Munnerlyn said. “He’s one of the most polished receivers I’ve ever seen come out of college. I’m glad he dropped into our hands. I feel like we got the steal of the draft. Great routes, great hands, works hard, great attitude.’’

Wow. He's got some serious ankle breaking cuts. He was wide open on some of those zones. Couple things I liked were the RAC ability with that start stop start stop move along the sideline and the fact that when a play broke down he found a spot between 4 Chiefs and Teddy hit him.

No way I'm selling on him.

Is he worth No. 1 waiver in PPR redraft? I need a WR after trading away Sanders because of bye. I'm in win-now mode. I have difficulty trusting Teddy and Minn passing game.

Had he not gone to Maryland and instead went to a passing team like Baylor, he'd have been top 60 pick. Fast, quick and good route runner.

Not sure what to think in redraft but you could do worse than having him at the end of your bench.

Obvious dynasty value...

This is an example of why 2 games is too small of a sample size to project a players performance for the rest of the season. Four games is a better sample and 8 or more games better still.

Just for fun though I thought I would look at the 2 games for Diggs thus far and what those numbers might look like by the end of the season if he were able to maintain this level of production every game.

Week 4 41 offensive snaps (56%) 10 targets (24.4%) 6 receptions 87 yards

Week 6 57 offensive snaps (81%) 9 targets (29%) 7 receptions 129 yards​

Similar targets both weeks. Diggs improved on his offensive snaps, team target share, catch rate and yards/catch from week 4.

29% of the targets is a really big share and likely not sustainable. Still many of these came on third down and he caught 78% of his targets.

9.5 targets/game 6.5 receptions/game 108 yards/game On pace for 124 targets 85 receptions 1404 yards over 13 games

I know Sigmund will post his FAAB percentages in the email later tonight or tomorrow, but what are you guys thinking for bids? Even those that own him - what do you value him at? I have something in mind but want to compare to how high others may be on him.

I grabbed him in the league I need him the most but I'm bummed I dropped him in my other and need to get him back after that performance

I know Sigmund will post his FAAB percentages in the email later tonight or tomorrow, but what are you guys thinking for bids? Even those that own him - what do you value him at? I have something in mind but want to compare to how high others may be on him.

I grabbed him in the league I need him the most but I'm bummed I dropped him in my other and need to get him back after that performance
In one league I picked him up last Monday for free. In my other league I couldnt find a roster spot because I had to hold Harris for ODB injury. Now that I have the roster spot I am bidding $21 out of $100 for him. Keep in mind that league is very conservative with bidding and I have a stacked roster so I dont "need" him as much as others.YMMV

Here's an extreme data point. Grabbed him for 51% in a dyno after his 80 yard day before the bye week. Felt a bit dumb as there were no other bidders. Feel good about it now.

Redraft, I certainly would not break the bank for Diggs. While Diggs looked fantastic against the Chiefs (who also made Marquess Wilson look remarkable), I still have some concerns about the Minnesota offense. Nonetheless, now that the cat is out of the bag, I cannot imagine Diggs going even in most redrafts for less than 20% of your budget.

In dynasty, I am all in on Diggs. He has that "it" factor. I would be willing to go all out to roster Diggs, even if that means over-bidding. He has that type of dynasty potential you seldom find on the waiver wire.

lol Rotoworld

Oct 4 - 8:48 PM
Making his NFL debut, Stefon Diggs caught 6-of-10 targets for 87 yards in the Vikings' Week 4 loss to the Broncos.
With Charles Johnson sidelined, Diggs tied Mike Wallace for the team lead in targets. Diggs created a ton of space against the Broncos' elite defense, and flashed the play-making ability that earned him a day-three flier out of Maryland. Diggs has no re-draft value, but remains worth stashing away in Dynasty leagues.
Oct 19 - 3:28 PM
Speaking Monday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer left open the possibility that Stefon Diggs has taken Charles Johnson's starting job.
Zimmer basically offered up a "no comment" on the situation, which is a strong sign Diggs has played himself into two-receiver sets opposite Mike Wallace. Diggs has only 40 fewer yards than Wallace despite being active for just 2-of-5 games. A legit playmaker who was a big-time recruit out of high school, Diggs is worth an add in 12-14 team leagues, especially in PPR formats.

Stefon Diggs may remain starter Mon Oct 19, 04:20 PM

Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs was one of the starting wide receivers in the team's Week 6 game, but head coach Mike Zimmer said he is not sure if Diggs will keep the starting job.

Users who are viewing this thread