What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (1 Viewer)

CMike is at 11% start rate on Yahoo (43% owned)

The Byes are hitting everyone (lotta Cincy/GB players owned)

Id suggest some of ya not starting CMike to check Twitter (Sig) is probably suggesting CMike 4 WDIS ?'s

For reference:

Crowell is 52% owned w/ 15% start
c-mike 40% owned in ESPN, 6% started. i'm a 6 percenter
Not starting, not even activated from DTS.

possibly/hopefully when Dez/Romo return.....last year there was some crazy stat that Murray's avg point of contact was something like 4 yards downfield. It was pretty sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas Cowboys: Two Ways Christine Michael's Week 7 Could GoFor the Dallas Cowboys, the Week 6 bye week is going to be one that will define their entire season. With changes coming at quarterback, on the offensive line and at running back, fans, coaches and the front office are hoping to see a new-look team in Week 7 against the New York Giants.

While the change at running back hasn't been fully finalized just yet, one thing that's certain is that Christine Michael, who was acquired from the Seattle Seahawks, is going to get quite a bit of additional work. As David Helman of DallasCowboys.com reports, the coaches are looking to get Michael more involved and give him a bigger role out of the bye.

“I think we’re going to give him an opportunity to go out and do some more snaps. I think he’s earned it,” running backs coach Gary Brown told the team's site on Thursday. “He’s worked hard, he’s been everything we’ve expected off the field, and he’s a student of the game. We’re looking forward to seeing him play.”

No surprise here, as the Cowboys run game hasn't been bad, but they haven't been too electrifying, to say the least. As a team, the Cowboys have averaged 106.2 yards per game, and have scored five touchdowns, three of which came from Joseph Randle in one game against the Atlanta Falcons. To make things even worse, the Cowboys' leading rusher in their Week 4 loss to the New Orleans Saints was Lance Dunbar, who is now out for the year with a torn ACL.

The Cowboys obviously need a spark offensively, and while asking their new starter, Matt Cassel, to take over games may be asking too much, asking Michael to do so may not be. So, with the Cowboys set to give Michael extended work in Week 7, the question is, what should fans expect to see from him? To be brutally honest, there are probably two ways that this can go, and we'll probably find out our answer pretty early in the game.

Option 1: Michael Takes Over

Whether Joseph Randle still gets the start, or Michael winds up starting, all eyes will be on the former Seahawk. If he winds up hitting the ground running and immediately electrifies this offense, while opening up the passing game for Cassel, expect him to see a ton of playing time. Jason Garrett has had no problem sending Randle to the bench if he's been unable to produce, or has done something that Garrett wasn't a fan of (such as nearly fumbling on the goal line in Week 4).

If Randle does get out-produced by Michael, then it's going to be the third-year back from Texas A&M's show from that point forward. Randle, or Darren McFadden for that matter, may get mixed in, but why wouldn't Dallas ride the hot hand? Michael was brought in for a reason, so if the Cowboys see that they're getting production from him, they have no reason to force the action onto Randle.

Option 2: Randle Looks Motivated, Comes out Fighting for His Job

The same thing as above stands true when it comes to the starting situation. Whether Randle starts, or Michael starts, something that many people are overlooking is the potential for Randle to fight back. He's obviously not going to just hand the starting job over without a fight. While he's been unable to excel in his new starting role with the Cowboys to this point, he's now fully aware that his job can be taken from him at any time.

With that said, don't be surprised if we see a more productive player when Randle gets the ball than we've seen all season. If this winds up being the case, I think we still see some type of a 50-50 split between the two running backs. If this situation unfolds, I don't believe that Randle would fully take over the bulk of the work unless Michael was completely unproductive during his time on the field.

Consensus

This one has the makings of a 50-50 split, but Michael also has the skill and possible "wow" factor to take over the starting gig. I'd say it's more likely to see Michael take over the job than for Randle to push Michael back to the bench. No one knows exactly what to expect from Michael, as he's rushed just two times for five yards this season. Even with that being said, if Michael's presence and running ability does anything to help Dallas generate offense, Garrett's decision may wind up being made for him in a huge Week 7 game against the New York Giants.
http://profootballspot.com/index.html/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/dallas-cowboys-two-ways-christine-michaels-week-7-could-go-r13510?utm_content=bufferd3d5a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I'm getting ready to dump Abdulah. I own Bell, Martin, Stewart, and Woodhead.

Question: pickup CMic or cover Bell with DWill?

Are you concerned w/ JStew?

I believe he has a cowbell role, but not performing very well?

Awful good question too

Would ya treat DWill starting just as ya treat Bell (every week starter?)

I like homeruns. Me....i'm banking on Bell not getting injured and taking a flyer on a potential RB1 for the Cowboys. If C-Mike stinks up the joint this week...you drop him for Williams. If he's awesome.....you have another starter. As long as Bell is healthy....noone else will be looking to snipe Williams.

I like homeruns. Me....i'm banking on Bell not getting injured and taking a flyer on a potential RB1 for the Cowboys. If C-Mike stinks up the joint this week...you drop him for Williams. If he's awesome.....you have another starter. As long as Bell is healthy....noone else will be looking to snipe Williams.
I guess I'm in the opposite camp. Williams was a top RB when Bell was out. Bell is your every-week starter. You lock him up with DWill. If these are the absolute worst guys you have at RB, you're doing OK. If you want to gamble, drop Woodhead for CMike...but I think the safe bet is just staying with what you've got.

Different trains of thought, and to each their own, but if I owned Bell, there's not a chance I'd let DWills be on anyone else's roster.

Not starting him but man am I going to be glued to this game. Expecting huge disappointment of course.

just realized due to demarco and arian being on bye's weeks 8 and 9, respectively, c-mike might be starting for me those weeks in addition to starting at flex this week :shock:

Is this pertaining to the Defense,,,

Hopefully w/ any luck, you get a chance to observe a whole mess of plays...

Heres some news to get ya rdy for the game...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20151021-upon-further-review-a-crazy-stat-that-shows-impact-randy-gregory-can-make-in-his-return-vs.-giants.ece

I cant be for sure whose most excited about Gregory (Eli or Coughlin)

I think you've seen that Jason Garrett really doubled down on this during the bye week by putting

La'el Collins in there, who's an outstanding run blocker, and saying Christine Michael - who's really in my mind kind of a DeMarco Murray lite as far as a physical, between-the-tackles runner...

Yeah its official, ya may wanna read this.. This guy is claiming the Leagues leading rusher (lite) will be playing Sunday..

Not starting him but man am I going to be glued to this game. Expecting huge disappointment of course.
I don't think Randle has done bad enough to lose his job by any stretch. I think any RB is going to struggle right now since defenses don't have to respect the pass with no romo or dez imo.....

this guy is the new dj snake and major lazer of the nfl he just needs someone to lean on and he will be kicking it crazy indian style doing a wierd dance in the end zone until the game is all done take that to the bank bromigos
I love this so much. Oh my god

I'm convinced there's not much that drives an NFL coach crazier than a big(ish) back who runs like a smaller guy. Michael finishes runs pretty well, but he's always looking for a hole -- he's not just jamming it into the line where the play is called and he looks to avoid contact as long as possible.

Aside from whatever headcasery or Me!Me!Me! the guy's got going he just doesn't run like you'd expect him to. And if you compare him to Lynch's style it's not too hard to come up with a reason he's just not a fit for the Seahawks.

Have got no choice but to start CMike this week - only other back is CWest and I'm not starting him against the Steelers.

Are you concerned w/ JStew?I believe he has a cowbell role, but not performing very well?

Awful good question too

Would ya treat DWill starting just as ya treat Bell (every week starter?)
Yes, I think DWill showed he can be a RB1 on this team.

I would just hate to pickup CMic to see a 50/50 split, and then see Bell go down with an injury this week. There is no way I'd be able to pick DWill up next week if this happens.

Dallas Cowboys practice notes: Wednesday, Oct. 21...· Running back Christine Michael will continue to get chances for increased reps. Garrett said he will get some opportunities as the week goes on. Look for Michael to start at running back on Sunday. ...
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Dallas-Cowboys-practice-notes-Wednesday-Oct-21-40444447

Dallas Cowboys RB Joseph Randle focused on helping the team win..."I just want to make sure that I'm out there every opportunity I get, whether they're throwing it to me or handing me the ball that I'm trying to make sure that I'm running the ball and doing the best things I can do to help the team win," Randle said, via the Dallas Morning News. "As far as all the other stuff goes, that's out of my control. I'm not going to worry about nothing that I can't control."

Randle has 74 carries for 289 yards and four touchdowns this year. But, he's yet to reach the 100-yard mark in a single game. It will be interesting to see what his role is moving forward after the bye week.

"I just want to be somebody good around the locker room that's not always mad about this and mad about that, making sure that I'm not a cancer in this locker room," Randle said. "So I'm not going to be the one complaining for carries and all this different stuff like that. That's not how I'm going to play."

...The Cowboys face a Giants defense this weekend that has given up 93 rushing yards per game. Kickoff is set for 3:25 p.m. CST from MetLife Stadium.
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Dallas-Cowboys-RB-Joseph-Randle-focused-on-helping-the-team-win-40439330

Randle is already hedging emotionally! Lolol he sees C-Mike in practice and knows he can't hold this beast off the field.

It's happening!

FWIW, I just took a first look at FantasyPros and Michael is ranked #25/26 for this week. So you could do worse than plugging him in for a spot start. Probably higher risk than most RB2/3s, but it's not a crazy play given the injuries and bye weeks.

Flexing him over Crowell this week. Need someone to replace CJ Anderson long term so hopefully he can be that guy.

Banger said:
JetMaxx said:
Objective observer here with the ability to acquire...I just watched Michael's highlights but came away unimpressed. Many big hole runs which resulted in celebratory dancing but seemingly lacking the finish of good RBs. ITS any reasoning why you so enthusiastically support him?
His talent is insane.
I get the measurables but why did your team give him up so cheaply?
you can only get what people are willing to pay and GMs likely saw that they had a numbers game on their hand with too many rbs and not enough spots so they had limited leverage.
The leverage wouldn't be limited if they had another suitor. The fact that only one team was interested dictated the low buying price, not the fact that they were pigeon holed and had to make a move.

Users who are viewing this thread