What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 FAN DUEL (1 Viewer)

Gosh I kind of love playing Julio or Freeman and zach mettenberger this week. Falcons d gives up points and yards and mettenberger had nice preseason. Price so cheap he only needs like 225 and a td to payoff. And they have no running game.

Week 7 FanDuel GPP Thoughts

QB's I like:

Andrew Luck. Showed some life against the Pats last week. Playing at home, can extend drives with his legs. Moncrief has an awesome match-up against Browner most likely... Hilton has a tougher match-up but it is still Hilton, he will win some 1 on 1's. Bradshaw can catch out of the backfield. The caveat to this is Gore or even Bradshaw could eat up some TD's. Oh yeah, it is the Saints D.

Drew Brees. I anticipate this game to be a shoot-out, obviously. Brees has been playing better and has been more accurate than Luck, so this could be a contrarian play if you don't wanna go with Luck. Snead has a great match-up and should be a PPR machine. I could see Coleman doing some work in this game as well, and you also saw Ben Watson come on last week. Spiller always a threat as well. We'll see how Cooks does.

Tom Brady. He threw 59 times against the Bills, at Buffalo. I can see a similar game plan against the Jets, but now he is playing in Foxborough. I don't necessarily like any of his WR match-ups, but it is Brady, he will find the open man, whether it is Edelman, Amendola or even Keshawn Martin. Gronk is a beast and if he gets more targets this game than last week, he will produce. Lewis can help extend plays if they want to pass to him, which they will.

on the cheaper side, Derek Carr. Coming out of the bye, the team is healthier. Murray should be able to keep the defense honest as he has a + match-up against the poor Chargers run D. The Chargers are a bit banged up all over the place. Michael Crabtree has been great this season and he has an excellent match-up against Brandon Flowers most likely. Cooper will likely be shadowed by Jason Verrett, but it is Cooper, he is elite and will make plays. The Chargers offense has some injuries so maybe this is a game where they will struggle to extend drives and give the Raiders an opportunity to run more offensive plays.

Matt Ryan. Julio Jones is healthier and he can have one of his monstrous games. Hankerson and White also have positive match-ups... while Roddy White has been invisible, he could have a decent game. Oh yeah, he can throw to Freeman out of the backfield. Could be QB#1 this week.

Cam Newton for me is a fade. He is certainly playing well but the Eagles defense is still good and their safeties match up well with Olsen. It helps that he is playing at home but I feel like the Eagles steal this game with help from special teams.

RB's I like:

Matt Jones. We all know his upside. Thompson is out. Playing at home. Bucs Run D middle of the road, but more importantly, the offensive line of Washington is a damn good unit. Morris can have a good game as well but at

$5600, Jones is the play here. Cousins will play able to extend drives in this one as Garcon, Roberts, and Crowder all have + match-ups. Reed is also expected to play. ####, now that I think about it, Cousins can be a great play here.

Gurley. Chalk play.

Gore.

Foster.

Freeman is a fade for me, just because I think Ryan gets all the passing TD's (4).

WR's I like:

Crabtree. Still one of the most targeted WRs, and a huge RZ target. Was off to a great start in the Bears game until injured. Should be able to beat Brandon Flowers consistently. Coming out of the bye.

Willie Snead. Underdogs in a game with a high under/over, essentially the #2 WR for Brees. Touchdowns will be rare but maybe he can be shifty enough in this game to get in the endzone.

Jamison Crowder. He's a talented kid and Cousins is playing OK football, CB Alterraun Verner is nothing special. Cousins will likely have to throw a lot in this one.

Michael Floyd. Obvious.

Julio Jones. Low-owned this week compared to Hopkins. I'll trust Ryan more than Hoyer, Falcons are gonna score a lot of points in this one I think. Titans CB nothing special.

Mike Evans. Stated this earlier... think the Skins make Winston beat them, and Evans is 6'5" and much taller than any CB on the Skins roster. We all know how good he is, and is only $7500. Lowest it will be for the rest of the season most like.

Donte Moncrief. Super-talented kid, Brandon Browner has been pretty bad this season. Luck playing better, and at home... obvious play here.

TE's I like:

Travis Kelce. He hasn't scored since week 1. Still getting targets, and I feel like Alex Smith can have a decent game here at home. Plenty of upside, of course.

Gronk. I know, the Jets D is legit, but Gronk is always a match-up nightmare, I don't care who it is. Brady might have to throw 40-50 times in this one until something gives. Playing at home helps.

Ladarius Green. Chalk play against the Raiders.

D's I like:

Rams is the chalk play obviously, playing at home to boot. Rams have 19 sacks, tied for 3rd in the league. Browns have allowed their QB to get sacked 22 times, 4th most in the league. You need to play defenses in GPP that have the highest chances of scoring a TD, and scoring a TD comes from interceptions, sacks, or good special teams play. Either way, you can't argue the price. McCown is serviceable as a QB but there is really no match-up on paper that jumps out on me for the Browns WRs. I guess there is always Barnidge...

Eagles. I dunno, I got a weird feeling this week about this game, particularly Sproles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve Johnson is 5700. Sounds like he practiced all week but still has questionable tag. Could be in for a nice game if gates is out. Had a good thing going before getting hurt.

To balance my Cardinals stack in the Thursday slate I'm going Sunday-only cash games with the following:

Rivers

Freeman

Gurley

Hopkins

Moncrief

Diggs

Reed

Prater

Rams

News that Diggs is expected to start sealed this for me, allowing me to get up to Hopkins without wrecking the rest of my lineup. Playing the Sunday-only lets me relax that the Cardinals won't smoke me by fading all of them.

Week 7 FanDuel GPP Thoughts

QB's I like:

Andrew Luck. Showed some life against the Pats last week. Playing at home, can extend drives with his legs. Moncrief has an awesome match-up against Browner most likely... Hilton has a tougher match-up but it is still Hilton, he will win some 1 on 1's. Bradshaw can catch out of the backfield. The caveat to this is Gore or even Bradshaw could eat up some TD's. Oh yeah, it is the Saints D.

Drew Brees. I anticipate this game to be a shoot-out, obviously. Brees has been playing better and has been more accurate than Luck, so this could be a contrarian play if you don't wanna go with Luck. Snead has a great match-up and should be a PPR machine. I could see Coleman doing some work in this game as well, and you also saw Ben Watson come on last week. Spiller always a threat as well. We'll see how Cooks does.

Tom Brady. He threw 59 times against the Bills, at Buffalo. I can see a similar game plan against the Jets, but now he is playing in Foxborough. I don't necessarily like any of his WR match-ups, but it is Brady, he will find the open man, whether it is Edelman, Amendola or even Keshawn Martin. Gronk is a beast and if he gets more targets this game than last week, he will produce. Lewis can help extend plays if they want to pass to him, which they will.

on the cheaper side, Derek Carr. Coming out of the bye, the team is healthier. Murray should be able to keep the defense honest as he has a + match-up against the poor Chargers run D. The Chargers are a bit banged up all over the place. Michael Crabtree has been great this season and he has an excellent match-up against Brandon Flowers most likely. Cooper will likely be shadowed by Jason Verrett, but it is Cooper, he is elite and will make plays. The Chargers offense has some injuries so maybe this is a game where they will struggle to extend drives and give the Raiders an opportunity to run more offensive plays.

Matt Ryan. Julio Jones is healthier and he can have one of his monstrous games. Hankerson and White also have positive match-ups... while Roddy White has been invisible, he could have a decent game. Oh yeah, he can throw to Freeman out of the backfield. Could be QB#1 this week.

Cam Newton for me is a fade. He is certainly playing well but the Eagles defense is still good and their safeties match up well with Olsen. It helps that he is playing at home but I feel like the Eagles steal this game with help from special teams.

RB's I like:

Matt Jones. We all know his upside. Thompson is out. Playing at home. Bucs Run D middle of the road, but more importantly, the offensive line of Washington is a damn good unit. Morris can have a good game as well but at

$5600, Jones is the play here. Cousins will play able to extend drives in this one as Garcon, Roberts, and Crowder all have + match-ups. Reed is also expected to play. ####, now that I think about it, Cousins can be a great play here.

Gurley. Chalk play.

Gore.

Foster.

Freeman is a fade for me, just because I think Ryan gets all the passing TD's (4).

WR's I like:

Crabtree. Still one of the most targeted WRs, and a huge RZ target. Was off to a great start in the Bears game until injured. Should be able to beat Brandon Flowers consistently. Coming out of the bye.

Willie Snead. Underdogs in a game with a high under/over, essentially the #2 WR for Brees. Touchdowns will be rare but maybe he can be shifty enough in this game to get in the endzone.

Jamison Crowder. He's a talented kid and Cousins is playing OK football, CB Alterraun Verner is nothing special. Cousins will likely have to throw a lot in this one.

Michael Floyd. Obvious.

Julio Jones. Low-owned this week compared to Hopkins. I'll trust Ryan more than Hoyer, Falcons are gonna score a lot of points in this one I think. Titans CB nothing special.

Mike Evans. Stated this earlier... think the Skins make Winston beat them, and Evans is 6'5" and much taller than any CB on the Skins roster. We all know how good he is, and is only $7500. Lowest it will be for the rest of the season most like.

Donte Moncrief. Super-talented kid, Brandon Browner has been pretty bad this season. Luck playing better, and at home... obvious play here.

TE's I like:

Travis Kelce. He hasn't scored since week 1. Still getting targets, and I feel like Alex Smith can have a decent game here at home. Plenty of upside, of course.

Gronk. I know, the Jets D is legit, but Gronk is always a match-up nightmare, I don't care who it is. Brady might have to throw 40-50 times in this one until something gives. Playing at home helps.

Ladarius Green. Chalk play against the Raiders.

D's I like:

Rams is the chalk play obviously, playing at home to boot. Rams have 19 sacks, tied for 3rd in the league. Browns have allowed their QB to get sacked 22 times, 4th most in the league. You need to play defenses in GPP that have the highest chances of scoring a TD, and scoring a TD comes from interceptions, sacks, or good special teams play. Either way, you can't argue the price. McCown is serviceable as a QB but there is really no match-up on paper that jumps out on me for the Browns WRs. I guess there is always Barnidge...

Eagles. I dunno, I got a weird feeling this week about this game, particularly Sproles.
I know GPPs play differently than cash games, but fading Freeman for the reason you stated feels off to me. The Titans are essentially the anti-Ravens. Without looking, I believe they're 4th against the pass and bottom third against the run. It sets up as a big game for Freeman.

Who are you switching out to if Peterson misses the game.
Asiata ($4700) looks to bring lots of value in and options at the other spots (Gates --> Gronk as a possibility).
Yep....Detroit has a horrible run defense. But I am now leaning to scratch peterson all together from my LU. They say he is going to play, but now I wonder how much or how well he will be. Seems like too much of a risk now for me for cash LU. I will prob just straight swap for Bell at this point unless other news comes out or switch him out of for Ingram and upgrade another position.

Those with Clay are staring at a ton of targets the rest of the way. Those with Thomas may be lucky to get one.

Those with Clay are staring at a ton of targets the rest of the way. Those with Thomas may be lucky to get one.
Yep. If Manuel can avoid being benched he may hit value on pure volume. I'm much more worried about my Bortles and Thomas plays. And my McCoy play too actually.

At least you can't play Clay and Thomas together. Ugh

Woods saved one of Thomas' duds for me. Hopefully I'll get some of that in the others.

Well Clay was all of 4 points better than a possible Gates zero, maybe I should have just taken the chance. Oh well at least I split Kelce in half of them, with Maclin out that could workout.

Here's what I'm rolling out today:

QB - Palmer

RB - Gurley

RB - C Michael

WR - Julio

WR - Cooper

WR - Martavis Bryant

TE - Olsen

PK - Zeurlein

DEF - Rams

One 250 man league and one 50/50.

Rams D already paying off.

A bit worried about C-Mike. Probably would've swapped him out for Oliver if I'd been up in time.

A lot of cash games looking like crap so far with Gurley, Freeman, and Hopkins doing squat. Here's to hoping for a huge 2nd half out of those guys.

1st, 2nd, or 3rd in 100 man 50/50s with 6 different lineups. Should have entered some gpp.
For perspective... 174 won me $8 in the $2 Snap3. 160 won $5. You needed 200+ for nice payday...215 won it.(Assuming u meant 1pm only)

best GPP line-up for me today has 184 pts. Still have Crabtree to go. Won't be winning that cool mil but if I can get over 200 pts I'll be extremely happy.

Thank you Kirk Cousins. I wrote my little post last night and the more I researched while writing, the more I liked Cousins.

OK, so who had the Tannenhill, Miller, Landry combo going today :oldunsure:

Seems we all will be reexamining the Dolphins now with the new coach making them relevant on Offense again.. :popcorn:

My cash lineup hit again but my gpp lineup crashed and burned. Currently sitting at 75 points. Would normally be a good week but in the last 45sec before kickoff I noticed the wildly underfilled gpps and threw a bunch of $ at them. Didn't have time to make new lineups so tossed in multiples of my 2 lineups. Ugh. Terrible idea. I'll probably be up a small amount this week.

Can't tell how I'm doing. I have Crabtree, Witten, Green, Woodhead, Floyd exposure going right now. Plus Palmer, Cam, Fitz, SSSr, and Floyd exposure later.

P. Rivers is going to make this a HORRIBLE day for me. Currently at 2.2 points with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread