What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (1 Viewer)

Anyone would have gone off vs Giants. I didn't start Randle or CMike bc I knew it was impossible to anticipate who the hot hand would be. Turned out it was DMC.

Dallas wants DMC to be the hot hand. He's the trusted vet. CMike is the new kid with a ton of confidence who the coaching staff just knows is going to fumble or screw up a play... despite his promising talent.

They want to wait on him. But they'll roll him out if forced into a corner.

We've all been waiting on that corner. Still ain't here. But it's coming.

Randle is one down. DMC is one to go.

bagger said:
monk said:
Why not just give him the workload for one week? You've lost 4 in a row. Just do it.
I doubt they do that to McFadden after the game he had.
satch said:
Look on the bright side. We can now drop him without fearing that he's about to break out. We just gained an open roster spot to use on another upside guy, an extra defense for playoffs, a handcuff, etc.
I have no problem with Michael being well behind McFadden after that performance.McFadden should clearly be the # 1 RB on the team ... he looked awesome.

Just goes to show ... Randle really is that bad !
lol what.Michael is not ahead of Randle by any stretch.
lol lol .... Where did you read that he was?

bagger said:
monk said:
Why not just give him the workload for one week? You've lost 4 in a row. Just do it.
I doubt they do that to McFadden after the game he had.
satch said:
Look on the bright side. We can now drop him without fearing that he's about to break out. We just gained an open roster spot to use on another upside guy, an extra defense for playoffs, a handcuff, etc.
I have no problem with Michael being well behind McFadden after that performance.McFadden should clearly be the # 1 RB on the team ... he looked awesome.

Just goes to show ... Randle really is that bad !
lol what.Michael is not ahead of Randle by any stretch.
lol lol .... Where did you read that he was?
I think he misunderstood the "randle really is that bad" post. I thought you meant that if DMC comes in and does that, then Randle is clearly subpar to DMC, not to Cmike.

have cmike & randle on my bench but now im scratching my head, DMC looked good and it should be his job now. old guys break down though so will prob stash randle but cmike will be hitting the bricks. something besides talent is keeping him off the field and it looks like dallas brought him in as injury insurance not as a role player. they were lining up lucky whitehead in the backfield for christs sake lol, how many first team reps at RB do you think that guy had? in my other league cmike was cut right after the game they didnt even wait to swap for a waiver pickup, just left an empty spot on their bench.

have cmike & randle on my bench but now im scratching my head, DMC looked good and it should be his job now. old guys break down though so will prob stash randle but cmike will be hitting the bricks. something besides talent is keeping him off the field and it looks like dallas brought him in as injury insurance not as a role player. they were lining up lucky whitehead in the backfield for christs sake lol, how many first team reps at RB do you think that guy had? in my other league cmike was cut right after the game they didnt even wait to swap for a waiver pickup, just left an empty spot on their bench.
This whole situation has been a huge avoid the whole year.

I picked up Michael and was excited to see what would happen after some bye week hype. Onto the next waiver wire darling.

Anyone would have gone off vs Giants. I didn't start Randle or CMike bc I knew it was impossible to anticipate who the hot hand would be. Turned out it was DMC.

Dallas wants DMC to be the hot hand. He's the trusted vet. CMike is the new kid with a ton of confidence who the coaching staff just knows is going to fumble or screw up a play... despite his promising talent.

They want to wait on him. But they'll roll him out if forced into a corner.

We've all been waiting on that corner. Still ain't here. But it's coming.

Randle is one down. DMC is one to go.
Utter denial.

And sitting around waiting for and hoping for injuries while other players can help you now on the WW is a sure fire way to make a donation to your league year after year.

Good luck.

So the rational has gone from CMike being so uber talented that there was no way he could fail and would win the job, if given a fair opportunity. Especially because only turds stand in his way. To, if every other RB in Dal and on the planet gets injured he's going to be awesome so he's a hold?

So, on a serious note. What's the Randle injury status. Any updates yet?

I'm not overly confident McFadden can stay healthy with the kind of work he got yesterday.

McFadden's fragility might be overstated. That was workhorse stuff yesterday, he also caught the ball and blocked expertly. He's a solid pro. He may revert to 2.5 ypc but he does everything.

This was his real shot to get some touches if they really wanted him to get touches...coming out of a bye, the starter gets injured early and he still only gets a handful of touches while they run McFadden into the ground.

I don't care to get into the prognostication as to why they aren't giving him the chance...he's dumb, a thug, whatever, I really don't really...all that matters is what happens in the games and this about as good an opportunity he was going to get and he didn't get his shot. If anything McFadden further solidified his role in the offense AND Randle is still banging around so if you have to hope for 2 players to get injured to possibly get some value good luck with that.

I'm just annoyed that I turned down Duke Johnson for Michael before the game...would've been a decent upgrade.

McGarnicle said:
What the hell kind of name is Christine for a man anyway.
.........................."Son, this world is rough

And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough

And I know I wouldn't be there to help ya along

So I give ya that name and I said goodbye

I knew you'd have to get tough or die

And it's the name that helped to make you strong"

I picked up Michael and was excited to see what would happen after some bye week hype. Onto the next waiver wire darling.
Yeah me too. I might hang on because McFadden will get hurt soon.
And then Randle will just take over again
This...I'm cutting bait. My only decision is whether to cut bait on someone and use my #1 waiver claim, or wait till waivers run and grab another speculative guy.

McFadden's fragility might be overstated. That was workhorse stuff yesterday, he also caught the ball and blocked expertly. He's a solid pro. He may revert to 2.5 ypc but he does everything.
People who claim he is incapable of staying healthy, tend to overlook that he played all 16 games in 2014. Now, while it is true that he unproduced, it was still an injury free season.

All we need now is 3 ACL tears, a head coaching change, electro-shock therapy and counseling for his personality disorder, and a little luck, and we may have struck waiver-wire gold here...

People who claim he is incapable of staying healthy, tend to overlook that he played all 16 games in 2014. Now, while it is true that he unproduced, it was still an injury free season.
McFadden is amazingly powerful for someone who looks like his legs could not even hold his own weight.

With Demarco on a bye, and Foster done for the year, i can't wait to start michael against his former team next week. REVENGE GAME!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to proceed to blameshifting and point at this shirt of a thread for distracting me from the Diggs thread.

Still the drama here has almost been worth the money.

Yeah I dropped Sproles for Michael this week (non-PPR, Sproles basically unstartable anyway) and despite crapping out on the gamble, this thread has been its own reward.

McFadden will be a solid play every week that he is healthy. Especially once Dez comes back. If C-Mike couldn;t get into this game in a meaningful way, he never will.

McFadden will be a solid play every week that he is healthy. Especially once Dez comes back. If C-Mike couldn;t get into this game in a meaningful way, he never will.
This...at least the last sentence. You really couldn't script a better game line for C-Mike to get carries, and he didn't get them.

I'm no emphatic Michael supporter, but I will argue this just to be devil's advocate.

First of all, we have to ignore all the B.S. reports about Michael being the starter and just take into account what is true The Cowboys traded for Michael late in the preseason so he started out 4th string. An injury moved him to 3rd string. After the bye week the Cowboys said Michael would be 3rd on the depth chart and they'd play the hot hand. Immediately after that, the 1st string guy gets hurt in the 1st quarter and the 2nd string guy gets hot before the 3rd string guy can even touch the ball. The Cowboys did exactly what they said they would.

I am not a Michael apologist nor am I a trolling hater. The Cowboys did what everyone should've expected them to do. They followed the depth chart and ran with the hot hand. That doesn't mean Michael will never get into a game. It just means they followed their plan. Really nothing to see here. If you've been hanging onto him at the end of your roster, keep doing so. If you're looking for excuses to hate on him, look elsewhere.

This...at least the last sentence. You really couldn't script a better game line for C-Mike to get carries, and he didn't get them.
Well, he did have the 2nd most carries in the game. He only managed the 4th most yards, though.

On the Randle injury.

(RotoWire)Randle (back) is carrying an oblique injury that could sideline him going forward, NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports.

Analysis: Randle was forced to exit Sunday's loss to the Giants after injuring his back, which reportedly relates to a prior oblique injury from the preseason. Given that situation, it's possible Randle may miss some time due to the injury, but further evaluation on Monday should help sort out his availability.

I'm no emphatic Michael supporter, but I will argue this just to be devil's advocate.

First of all, we have to ignore all the B.S. reports about Michael being the starter and just take into account what is true The Cowboys traded for Michael late in the preseason so he started out 4th string. An injury moved him to 3rd string. After the bye week the Cowboys said Michael would be 3rd on the depth chart and they'd play the hot hand. Immediately after that, the 1st string guy gets hurt in the 1st quarter and the 2nd string guy gets hot before the 3rd string guy can even touch the ball. The Cowboys did exactly what they said they would.

I am not a Michael apologist nor am I a trolling hater. The Cowboys did what everyone should've expected them to do. They followed the depth chart and ran with the hot hand. That doesn't mean Michael will never get into a game. It just means they followed their plan. Really nothing to see here. If you've been hanging onto him at the end of your roster, keep doing so. If you're looking for excuses to hate on him, look elsewhere.
I think you're right that he may he may get into a game and run the ball effectively for a few series. But he is not taking the job outright. McFadden (gasp) actually looked really effective running the ball and blocking. He is also the pass catching back. He clearly has the most value in this backfield (especially in PPR). But, he will get hurt. He always does. So we may ultimately get to see what CM can do before the end of the year.

I think you're right that he may he may get into a game and run the ball effectively for a few series. But he is not taking the job outright. McFadden (gasp) actually looked really effective running the ball and blocking. He is also the pass catching back. He clearly has the most value in this backfield (especially in PPR). But, he will get hurt. He always does. So we may ultimately get to see what CM can do before the end of the year.
This is where I am - McFadden is a decent starter until he gets hurt but it's only a matter of time, especially if he keeps getting 25+ carries a game.

I think you're overlooking the fact that last year was the first in his 7 year career that he hasn't missed at least 3 games, and he averaged under 10 carries and 12 touches per game. The guy is fragile, and the odds aren't good of him holding up if he's the workhorse.

I think you're overlooking the fact that last year was the first in his 7 year career that he hasn't missed at least 3 games, and he averaged under 10 carries and 12 touches per game. The guy is fragile, and the odds aren't good of him holding up if he's the workhorse.
And Fred Taylor (aka Fragile Freddy) couldn't stay healthy either until he did and then was pretty much injury free for the remainder of his career. Also Demarco Murray was supposedly made of glass until last year when he started all 16 games and broke Emmitt Smith's team rushing record. No one can predict injuries and there is no data or studies I am aware of that prove that players who have been injured in the past are more likely to be injured in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread