What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (2 Viewers)

Instinctive said:
Thought this was interesting, couldn't think of a better place to put it. Feel free to send it elsewhere:

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/19/9565119/democrats-in-deep-trouble
This seems to ignore that the Democrats are running some strong candidates at the state level. It also ignores how much the GOP has pissed off people in those states. At the end of the day money has gotten them this far at some point that doesn't override votes. For instance here in NC the very popular Democratic AG is going to run this time against a far less popular Republican governor. I think he will win. It's also possible Democrats could take back the legislature. Lots of folks are horrified by what the GOP has done here already. And if Democrats are going to turn out they do it in Presidential cycles. So this idea that the Democrats are doing nothing down ticket seems a bit overblown.

What we need it someone at the top of the ticket that excites voters. I don't think Hillary is that candidate personally. People may trudge to vote for her but a lot won't do it enthusiastically and that could spell trouble down ticket.

I can't shake the feeling that Bernie is the little kid in elementary school running for class President. "Vote for me and everyone gets free ice cream!"
I can't shake the feeling everyone else will do whatever it takes to keep their job regardless of what is in the best interest of the American people.
I respect the guy for saying what he thinks with no real weighing of the political benefit or harm it may do but that does not make him right or a good choice for President.

I can't shake the feeling that Bernie is the little kid in elementary school running for class President. "Vote for me and everyone gets free ice cream!"
I can't shake the feeling everyone else will do whatever it takes to keep their job regardless of what is in the best interest of the American people.
I respect the guy for saying what he thinks with no real weighing of the political benefit or harm it may do but that does not make him right or a good choice for President.
No his positions make him right and his integrity makes him a refreshing choice for president.

How Bernie Sanders acquired berniesanders.com

For the first few weeks the domain just directed visitors to Sanders' Senate page. But in April 2014, shortly after he purchased it, representatives from Sanders' political action committee reached out and asked Joffe if he would be willing to sell the domain name.

He gave them a flat no. He didn't want money, he told them. All he wanted was to meet the senator.

He told the aides, "Well you know, I want to give it to you but I am concerned that anybody could be calling me saying 'Hey, I am Bernie Sanders. We want that domain name. Transfer it to me.'"

So he said in order to get the domain -- for free -- he wanted to meet the senator. And that's exactly what happened.

Joffe and his wife, who didn't want to be named in this article, attended a meeting Sanders was having in Bennington, Vermont last April. After the meeting, he got to spend time with the senator and presented him with a framed "deed" to BernieSanders.com. The frame, Joffe said, was made out of wood from his farm.

"It was so incredible for us," Joffe said. "We are fans of Bernie and love Vermont."

How Bernie Sanders acquired berniesanders.com

For the first few weeks the domain just directed visitors to Sanders' Senate page. But in April 2014, shortly after he purchased it, representatives from Sanders' political action committee reached out and asked Joffe if he would be willing to sell the domain name.

He gave them a flat no. He didn't want money, he told them. All he wanted was to meet the senator.

He told the aides, "Well you know, I want to give it to you but I am concerned that anybody could be calling me saying 'Hey, I am Bernie Sanders. We want that domain name. Transfer it to me.'"

So he said in order to get the domain -- for free -- he wanted to meet the senator. And that's exactly what happened.

Joffe and his wife, who didn't want to be named in this article, attended a meeting Sanders was having in Bennington, Vermont last April. After the meeting, he got to spend time with the senator and presented him with a framed "deed" to BernieSanders.com. The frame, Joffe said, was made out of wood from his farm.

"It was so incredible for us," Joffe said. "We are fans of Bernie and love Vermont."
I think it is this kind of support the polls miss. This guy on his own buys the domain so no one can screw with Bernie. What does he want in return for spending 2500.00? Just a meeting because he supports Bernie and wants him to win. It's this kind of popular support I think is going to surprise some people when the primary voting starts.

Some conservatives are FEELING THE BERNNate Silver has the Bernie Sanders campaign figured out. Ignore what happens in Iowa and New Hampshire, the “data-driven” prognostication wizard wrote back in July, when Sanders was polling a healthy 30 percent to Clinton’s 46 percent in both contests. That’s only, Silver says, because “Democratic caucus-goers in Iowa and Democratic primary voters in New Hampshire are liberal and white, and that’s the core of Sanders’ support.”

Silver has a chart. It shows that when you multiply the number of liberals and whites among state electorates, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Iowa rank first, second, and third. Texas is near the bottom—a place where Bernie Sanders should feel about as welcome as a La Raza convention at the Alamo, right?

I have a new friend who begs to differ.

It’s July 20, and my airplane seat mate asks what brought me to Texas. He is a construction company sales executive from Houston. He’s watching Fox News on his cell phone. He tells me he considers himself a conservative. I tell him I’m a political reporter covering the Bernie Sanders campaign. He perks up: “I like what I’ve heard from him. Kind of middle of the road.”

Eleven days later, I’m at a Bernie Sanders house party in the depressed steel town of Griffith, Indiana, in a state that places in the bottom quartile on Silver’s chart. I approach a young man in his twenties wearing a thrift store T-shirt. I ask him what brings him here tonight.

“I’m just helping out my friends because they asked me to help out,” he tells me. He adds that he’s a conservative: “But I approve of some of the stuff that Bernie stands for. Like appealing to more than just the one percent and just trying to give everybody a leg up who’s needing it these days.”

Data-driven analysis is only as good as the categories by which you sift the information. If you’ve already decided that “liberals” are the people who prefer locally sourced arugula to eating at McDonald’s, or are the people who don’t watch Fox News, it is a reasonable conclusion that there aren’t enough “liberals” out there to elect Bernie Sanders. Yet political categories shift. One of the things the best politicians do is work to shift them.

Sanders has been extraordinarily clear about the kind of shift he’d like to effect: Republicans “divide people on gay marriage. They divide people on abortion. They divide people on immigration. And what my job is, and it’s not just in blue states. . . [is] to bring working people together around an economic agenda that works. People are sick and tired of establishment politics; they are sick and tired of a politics in which candidates continue to represent the rich and the powerful.”

The theory that economic populism unites voters is hardly new. Lyndon Johnson, in New Orleans and about to lose the South to Barry Goldwater in 1964, expressed it in one of the most remarkable campaign speeches in history. A Southern Democratic politician was on his deathbed, Johnson said. “He was talking about the economy and what a great future we could have in the South, if we could just meet our economic problems. . . ‘I would like to go back down there and make them one more Democratic speech. I just feel like I have one in me. The poor old state, they haven’t heard a Democratic speech in 30 years. All they ever hear at election time is ! ! !’”

The theory suggests that when upwards of 60 percent of voters consistently agree that rich people should have their taxes raised, a candidate who promises to do so might be identified as what he actually is: middle of the road. That if Democrats give Democratic speeches on economic issues, voters suckered into Republicanism by refrains like Jihad! Jihad! Jihad! just might try something else. And that new voters might be attracted into politics if they could just hear a candidate cut to the radical quick of the actual problems that are ruining their lives. My new Republican friends didn’t know they were not “supposed” to like a “liberal” like Bernie Sanders. Then they heard what he was saying, and liked what they heard. How many are there like them? That’s what I’ve been trying to begin to find out.

A populist moment in DallasDallas is Dallas. At Love Field, a middle-aged woman sports a “Mrs.” T-shirt—1970s-style antifeminist trolling. I pass the Dallas Country Club, which made news last year for admitting its first black member after he spent 13 years on a waiting list. The Holocaust Museum features a “Ground Zero 360: Never Forget” exhibit on 9/11. (Jihad! Jihad! Jihad!)

Hillary Clinton had recently been to Texas. She did a fundraiser here in a gated community where guests were told the address only after delivering their $2,700 checks. For nationally prominent Democrats, one of the donors complained, “All Texas is to anyone is a stop to pick up money.”

Not all nationally prominent Democrats. When I talk with a bunch of old hippies after an afternoon Sanders rally at a downtown convention center in Dallas, their minds are blown. Long-haired Zen Biasco is a professional “creativity teacher”; Morris Fried first picketed against apartheid in 1965. The only non-Jew in the group, and the only native Southerner, explains Texas politics: “The states that came up throughout the plantation economy did not really believe” in democracy. “It was the elites running things, and basically the GOP here in the South, especially in Texas, has inherited that basis of understanding. In Texas we are necessarily a red state. We are a non-voting state.”

These are the people you’d see at any lefty rally anywhere. But this lefty rally was unlike any they’ve seen in their adopted hometown. “I’m shocked at such a draw on a Sunday afternoon!” one offers. “I’m shocked at all the young people in this crowd!”

Before Sanders began speaking, I had spoken to two of those young people, a married couple, who represent a liberal holy grail: kids who had grown up conservative—Mormons!—and reasoned their way to the left. “Thanks to people like Bernie,” as one put it. They try to spread the gospel to professional circles saturated with Republicans and to their families back home.

The husband unspools a splendid version of the Sanders argument:

“I don’t think the values of those communities are really represented in their politics, family values, the ideology they profess to have. . . doesn’t match up with the words or things [the politicians they align themselves with] actually represent. I don’t think people realize that if they actually were for family values, and were for the working family, that Republican policies are not going to move you closer.”

Sanders on the stumpThe speech begins. I’ve rarely heard one more electric. Bernie gets to the part about how America could increase its competitiveness and move toward full employment by spending a trillion dollars rebuilding bridges and roads, and a fashionably dressed young woman next to me with a swallow tattoo on her wrist cries out like a cheerleader.

“INNNNNNNFRASTRUCTURE!!!!”

The senator follows with a disquisition about the Sherman Act.

“ANTI-TRUSSSSTTT!” she shouts.

When he gets to reinstating the Glass-Steagell act, she lets out a “WHOOOOOOOO!”

At the 21-minute mark comes something extraordinary. After a reverberating ovation for a call for pay equity for women, a promise to fight for 12 weeks of paid family leave, and an excoriation of the fact that “the American people work more hours than any other major country on Earth.” Then the senator announces his marquee platform plank.

“To make every public college and university tuition-free.”

The crowd’s response is so ecstatic it overdrives my tape recorder. It continues into a chant: “BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE!”

And when the show ends, a crowd in a nearly post-coital mood of sated exhilaration doesn’t want to leave, doesn’t leave, until Bernie returns to to the podium for something I’ve never witnessed at a political event, an encore, and announces that the crowd numbered 6,000.

I followed the campaign that evening to the University of Houston, where he got the same thunderous reception before 5,200 college students. Both events got prominent play in the local media, where hundreds of thousands of Texans heard heretical ideas that they might not have read in their newspapers before: like raising taxes on the rich isn’t crazy, even if 62 percent of Americans agree.

Some things polls have a hard time recording. They may miss kids like these, who only carry cell phones, as pollsters rely mostly on landlines. Or the intensity of support, how many people are willing to knock on doors for a candidate. And, last but very much not least, novel issues and how constituencies respond to them.

In 1965, for instance, when he began running for governor, Ronald Reagan made the focal point of his speeches the student uprising at Berkeley. His consultants told him to knock it off because it wasn’t showing up in their polls as a public concern. Reagan ignored them, reading the response of crowds that didn’t yet think that students tearing up their college campuses was a “political issue” to bring up when pollsters called.

Similarly, in the late 1970s, when the Equal Rights Amendment began failing in state after state though polls showed it had majority support, a sociologist named Ruth Murray Brown polled anti-ERA women activists in North Carolina and found that more than half of them had never participated in politics before. The pundits didn’t know how to count what they didn’t know was out there

Rust belt populismThat’s what I thought of when I met Gypsy and David Milenic, whose front lawn had hosted that house party on July 30. I had read an interview with Sanders in which he said the campaign was hosting these parties around the country, which he would address via a live video feed. I chose one as far afield as possible from the places where “liberals” are supposed to congregate. Ten miles past a creationist museum billboard on I-90, there was no arugula, but there were crackers, pretzels, and store-bought gingersnaps. Griffith, Indiana, population 16,619, has a per capita income of $21,866.

“My history of political volunteering is that this is the first political volunteering I have done,” Gypsy tells me, taking a break from directing traffic and packing her two small children off to grandma’s. “But, to be honest, Bernie is the first person who’s gotten me out of my chair and out doing things.”

From her front porch, she casts her nervous eye over a lawn that keeps filling, and filling, and filling. (In the interview Sanders said the campaign was planning for 30,000 participants across the nation; the final number turned out to be 100,000.)

“This home was paid for by union dues,” Gypsy says. “That matters. Keeping it in the family: that matters. Being able to have a small town like this that was a mix of blue-collar and white-collar matters.”

At 6:30 a political meeting unfolds unlike any I have ever seen. Bernie is to speak on a live feed at 8:00. David, an accountant, welcomes us, and invites people to stand up and introduce themselves.

A young man who has been busily setting up the AV system volunteers to go first.

“Both my parents together made barely over the poverty line, and I can tell you that life sucks,” he begins. “I have no financial support from my family. I get very little from the government. I am on my own, trying to make it, trying to thrive, just like everybody behind me. And it’s hard. And I am currently about 50 grand in debt between student loans, car loans. . . and I am trying so damned hard. And working so damned hard.”

The crowd responds with an ovation.

“I see all my friends, and all of my friends who suffer the same way I do, and they can’t make ends meet. They work three jobs. . . and they still struggle! And it just burns me. Because it wasn’t like this! Now, you go to college for four years and you’re in debt 20, 30 years. Sometimes for life. . .”He trails off. Applause encourages him on. “I want to see change. And I believe Bernie Sanders is the one to do it.”

And on it went. For an hour and a half, testimony after testimony after testimony. The issue of student debt dominated. So did the consensus that together they could do something about it.

In Griffith, I met a remarkable black retiree named Martha Harris. Her grandparents were slaves, and she remembers going into hiding at the age of three when her father was run off by the Klan for being “uppity.” She had been following the story of Sanders’s public encounters with Black Life Matters activists at the Netroots Nation gathering in Phoenix. She just wondered why people were still going on about it. “I saw him flub. And like any white man, his staff put him out there without his underwear on. So he ran home and he got his long johns on. And I’m okay with that. He’s learning.”

Harris was one of the Sanders supporters who, following that evening in Griffith, set up a storefront Sanders office in Hammond, Indiana. She had recently been a guest on a radio show in Gary, where the African-American population is 85 percent and one third of the houses are abandoned. She was scheduled for a half hour. The response was so enthusiastic the interview went on for an hour and a half.

Among the political class, the discussion of the supposed reverberations that followed Sanders’s encounter with Black Lives Matter activists in Phoenix was incessant. That kind of conflict is something the political media knows how to talk about. So they talk about it. What happened on the radio in Gary, not so much.

Responsive politicsThe question is, what else is happening that they aren’t talking about?

Maybe this. In 2005, MSNBC’s Chris Hayes published some remarkable journalism on his experience canvassing for John Kerry in Wisconsin, where voters didn’t seem to have any idea that their economic distress was something for which voting could make a difference.

“When I would tell them that Kerry had a plan to lower health-care premiums, they would respond in disbelief—not in disbelief that he had a plan, but that the cost of health care was a political issue,” Hayes reported. “It was as if you were telling them that Kerry was promising to extend summer into December.”

Hayes wondered what a more responsive Democratic politics would look like.

“One thing that nearly all Americans share is debt.” His idea? “Building a movement around credit reform—through the formation of local ‘debt clubs’ that would be part of a national campaign, for example—would be one way for progressives to reach out to non-believers.”

Now “debt clubs” are being formed. They’re being formed around the Sanders campaign. I wouldn’t argue that this will add up to a presidential nomination. But I’ve seen enough in places like Dallas, Houston, and on David and Gypsy Milenic’s front lawn in Griffith to know that something is happening here, something that reminds us that our existing models for predicting winners and losers in politics need always be subject to revision.
That's what I have been talking about.

Bernie had a great appearance on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. The more exposure he gets, the better.
Bernie on Kimmel
Great interview. Curious - there's a lot of folks who are on the bandwagon now for Bernie's campaign. What, if anything, are you guys doing to help?
Not as much as I should. Have a sign up in front of my house, a magnets on our cars, I have contributes a few times monetarily - but no pounding the pavement, or phone banks.

Bernie gets another grassroots endorsement

WASHINGTON -- Cesar Vargas, a leading undocumented activist, joined Sen. Bernie Sanders' campaign on Thursday, Vargas' advocacy group announced -- another sign the senator's bid for the Democratic presidential nomination is ramping up its efforts on immigration and the Latino vote.

Vargas is a co-founder of the Dream Action Coalition, which is led by young undocumented immigrants, or Dreamers. The group has been heavily critical of Republicans on immigration, but has also chastised President Barack Obama over deportations and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, one of Sanders' opponents, over donations from private prison lobbyists.

James Woods calls Bernie Sanders an "utter moron":

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/20/politics/james-woods-bernie-sanders-twitter/index.html

Though I love his acting, I'm not especially a fan of Woods' politics (he's called Obama the "worst President ever".) But he's a pretty bright guy- IQ of 186!
Here's another great tweet by Woods:

I will be doing the narration for @CarlyFiorina's campaign film. So proud to support this remarkable woman and her historic campaign.
He's got a high IQ, but he's basically insane.

James Woods calls Bernie Sanders an "utter moron":

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/20/politics/james-woods-bernie-sanders-twitter/index.html

Though I love his acting, I'm not especially a fan of Woods' politics (he's called Obama the "worst President ever".) But he's a pretty bright guy- IQ of 186!
Here's another great tweet by Woods:

I will be doing the narration for @CarlyFiorina's campaign film. So proud to support this remarkable woman and her historic campaign.
He's got a high IQ, but he's basically insane.
So he's Ben Carson?

The Biden announcement is going to have a major effect on those numbers. I hope he is running as most of his support will go to Hillary.
Not sure of this. I think some of his support (by more conventional Democrats) will go to Hillary, but some will go to Bernie, simply because Bernie will be the only man standing in opposition if that happens.
This sounds reasonable.

Hillary = Biden = Obama (with some exception). Hillary would have more differences with Obama than Biden with so voting for Biden would be for a 3rd term of Obama..

Most support for Biden would go to Hillary since they agree on probably 90-95% of big issues. Some support could go to Sanders just because he's not Hillary and she isn't seen as credible as he is on far left issues.

Bernie's remarks at the Jefferson-Jackson dinner tonight in Iowa:

https://berniesanders.com/Jefferson-Jackson-prepared-remarks/
He went pretty hard after Clinton. I wonder if this is a new strategy for the campaign or an outliner?
Specifically her ISSUES. Doesn't need to go after her character. He'd get consumed by all the rabbit holes going that route and his message on the issues would get lost for sure.
I agree although he has to attack her inconsistency on the issues as a matter of political expediency which he does in this speech. I wish he had done this in the first debate.

He went pretty hard after Clinton. I wonder if this is a new strategy for the campaign or an outliner?
Specifically her ISSUES. Doesn't need to go after her character. He'd get consumed by all the rabbit holes going that route and his message on the issues would get lost for sure.
I agree although he has to attack her inconsistency on the issues as a matter of political expediency which he does in this speech. I wish he had done this in the first debate.
I'd love it if he'd just sit there and say "Glad you finally came around to the position I've held for decades" over and over. He won't do that though.

Roger Waters feels the Bern

The British citizen cannot vote in the U.S. election, but he says that if he could, he'd "cast [his] lot" with Sanders. He says that Hillary Clinton is a "far better alternative than any of the Republican candidates by a long, long way," but he still has severe reservations about her. "Hillary worries me," he says. "I have an awful worry that she might become the first woman president to drop a ####### nuclear bomb on somebody. There is something scarily hawkish about her, and she has that politician look down of, 'You are never going to get a word of truth out of me.'"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/roger-waters-loves-bernie-sanders-fears-hillary-clinton-20151026#ixzz3pgPPUQhk
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

And let me be clear about the current trade deal that we are debating in Congress, the Trans-Pacific Partnership. It is not now, nor has it ever been, the gold standard of trade agreements. I did not support it yesterday. I do not support it today. And I will not support it tomorrow. We had a chance months ago to stop it in its tracks on the vote for fast track authority. That vote was the fork in the road and I’m glad I took the right road at the right moment in time.

In 1996, I faced another fork in the road – another very difficult political decision. It was called the Defense of Marriage Act – brought forth by a Republican-led Congress. Its purpose was to write discrimination against gays and lesbians into law. Let us remember, that support for gay rights back in 1996 was not what it is today.

And I’m sorry to tell you that that bill won by an overwhelming majority of 342 to 57 in the House and 85 to 15 in the Senate, big majorities which included too many Democrats. That was not a politically easy vote. Today, some are trying to rewrite history by saying they voted for one anti-gay law to stop something worse. Let us be clear. That’s just not true. There was a small minority opposed to discriminating against our gay brothers and sisters. Not everybody held that position in 1996.
Wow, that's great stuff there.

Who's he talking about there, again?

Sanders really ramping up the rhetoric this week, with appearances on The View, Rachel Maddow, and Charlie Rose. He is being much more aggressive in highlighting the differences in his positions and Clinton's - starting to call her out by name.

From Charlie Rose interview:

"If people are satisfied with the establishment politics, you have a candidate. If you want real change, I am the candidate."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpWrKR1d94

Sanders really ramping up the rhetoric this week, with appearances on The View, Rachel Maddow, and Charlie Rose. He is being much more aggressive in highlighting the differences in his positions and Clinton's - starting to call her out by name.

From Charlie Rose interview:

"If people are satisfied with the establishment politics, you have a candidate. If you want real change, I am the candidate."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpWrKR1d94
It's been interesting to watch for sure...keep rollin' Bernie! :thumbup:

Bernie on Today show today

"In the last couple months, Hillary has come on board with positions I've held for many years," the Vermont senator told TODAY's Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie. "I'm glad that Hillary Clinton is moving in my direction."

Asked whether Clinton has a better chance to succeed in a general election, Sanders said "absolutely not."

"The enthusiasm that we are generating means that a lot of working class people and young people who have given up on the political process are now coming out," the lawmaker explained.
Savannah Guthrie went after him pretty hard - thinks Clinton is more electable, thinks a Socialist can't win, etc, but I think Bernie hit back very well.

"Sanders said he has 750,000 people committing to donate to his campaign, with each donation averaging around $30 per person. He said that was important because he doesn’t have a Super PAC."

Yuuge numbers imo

This is Bernie's path to victory - people who contribute to a candidate are invested in the candidate and are motivated to see that investment payoff in the voting booth/caucus rooms. If Bernie can continue to generate campaign contributions in small amounts, the effect will be far larger than simply a war chest of election funds.

Bloomberg article on Bernie's path to victory

Reporter met with the campaign leaders and discussed strategy. The path is pretty clear - though it may be difficult to follow.

In essence, they are beginning to move into a more aggressive stage of the campaign - in terms of how they deal with Clinton. Right now, they say they are simply responding to some attacks from Clinton's side, but are prepared to go harder, if Clinton pushes back.

Sanders is getting ready to launch TV ads in Iowa and New Hampshire, and with cash on hand, they can compete financially with Clinton who has already spent millions running ads in those states.

As I mentioned in the other thread, this path to victory really comes down to winning Iowa - absent a major gaffe I don't see Sanders losing New Hampshire. By winning Iowa and New Hampshire, Sanders will be awash in positive press, and Clinton will be getting hit hard by the media - that will have two effects, first it will breed new Sander supporters who now think Sanders can win, and second, Sanders will be able to tap the ATM machine for a huge inflow of new contributions, while Clinton is largely tapped out. (Clinton, though dirt poor when she left the White House, will be able to loan her campaign millions).

The democrat establishment types don't see it yet, but their fortunes are much better if Sanders wins - as he will drive yuuge voter turnout numbers, and a rising tide raises all ships. Clinton will not be able to deliver that enthusiasm, and it will hurt the party far deeper than simply losing the White House.

Common Ground: Christians and the Message of Bernie Sanders Official Trailer

Common Ground: Christians and the Message of Bernie Sanders is a short documentary currently in production exploring the common ground between the message of Jesus and the politics of Bernie Sanders. A growing network of interview subjects and supporters has given us access to some of the most articulate voices on the intersection between Bernie's platform and historic Christian values. We have a number of the film's central interviews penciled in and are well poised to make this happen at a high level of quality. One of us is an experienced filmmaker, and we are both well versed in the relevant social and political conversations. We know how to ask the right questions and elicit powerful responses. The film will be distributed for free online in mid-January.

This project is about more than just Bernie Sanders. It's about encouraging millions of American Christians to ask harder questions about the policy they support. We believe the Christian community could become an unpredictable voting block, penetrating the thin rhetoric of the Washington establishment. We want to see a Christian community willing to probe into the true social consequences of its political choices.

Heard this morning that Hillary widened her lead on Bern in Iowa.
Two polls came out yesterday that showed a 40-point lead. The first was flawed in that it underrepresented younger voters relative to past participation - the second seemed more legit. Clinton's campaign acknowledges the polls are not likely to be accurate - but that may just be a bit of tempering expectations.

Two polls came out yesterday that showed a 40-point lead. The first was flawed in that it underrepresented younger voters relative to past participation - the second seemed more legit. Clinton's campaign acknowledges the polls are not likely to be accurate - but that may just be a bit of tempering expectations.
Not to mention Hillary has had the airwaves to herself and that is about to change.

Common Ground: Christians and the Message of Bernie Sanders Official Trailer

Common Ground: Christians and the Message of Bernie Sanders is a short documentary currently in production exploring the common ground between the message of Jesus and the politics of Bernie Sanders. A growing network of interview subjects and supporters has given us access to some of the most articulate voices on the intersection between Bernie's platform and historic Christian values. We have a number of the film's central interviews penciled in and are well poised to make this happen at a high level of quality. One of us is an experienced filmmaker, and we are both well versed in the relevant social and political conversations. We know how to ask the right questions and elicit powerful responses. The film will be distributed for free online in mid-January.

This project is about more than just Bernie Sanders. It's about encouraging millions of American Christians to ask harder questions about the policy they support. We believe the Christian community could become an unpredictable voting block, penetrating the thin rhetoric of the Washington establishment. We want to see a Christian community willing to probe into the true social consequences of its political choices.
Love the potential of this reaching out.

A 40 point lead? That sounds bad

A 40 point lead? That sounds bad
it does - I think the numbers were something like 65-25

eta 65-24 and 62-25.

Clinton's campaign sent out a tweet saying they don't agree with the numbers - so my guess is they have internal polling that shows Clinton with a lead, but not that big...

I say it's way too high. The Clintons have never done well in Iowa, neither Bill not Hillary. The Dems in Iowa have never taken to them.

Ironically, given that Hillary is currently behind in New Hampshire, that's the state that's always loved them. Bill was known as The Comeback Kid when he won there in 1992. And Hillary's upset win there in 2008 still mystifies pollsters to this day (because the polling showed her 10 points down only a day before).

Users who are viewing this thread