What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

xbox one vs ps4 (1 Viewer)

I will try to go back and read this thread, but is there a concensus on which is better or typical fanboy vs fanboy stuff
It boils down to whichever system has the exclusives you prefer. I've been happy with my PS4 coming over from Xbox.
Yup - that's it prettymuch. Controllers, too. I personally like Xbox controllers better.

Xbox exclusives = Halo, Mass Effect, Gears, Titanfall

PS4 = Uncharted, Infamous, The Show, Bloodborne

That said, I own both systems. You can't go wrong with either.

I will try to go back and read this thread, but is there a concensus on which is better or typical fanboy vs fanboy stuff
It boils down to whichever system has the exclusives you prefer. I've been happy with my PS4 coming over from Xbox.
Yup - that's it prettymuch. Controllers, too. I personally like Xbox controllers better.

PS4- Last of Us. One of the greatest games I've ever played.
good call - I knew I'd miss one or two. Excellent game.

The better exclusive shooters are xbox (Halo and Gears). The better sports game is PS4 (nothing on xbox compares to The Show for baseball). Mass effect is excellent - so is uncharted.

if you like shooters and RPG = Xbox

If you like baseball and third person action/adventure = PS4.

Jwb, my favorite games are skyrim and ncaa 11

Is skyrim a rpg or third person action adventure

I suck at call of duty and quit that quickly

Skyrim is a RPG. And is the best game in the history of ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft really dropped the ball on the release of the Xbox 1. They've since backtracked on the 2 things that really bothered me; the "have to be connected to play" and now the backward compatibility issue. If they'd have had these from the start, this Xbox 360 owner would have bought an Xbox One day one. Instead I went a different route, and unless they come up with something completely groundbreaking with their next console I really see no reason to ever go back to Xbox.
Backtracked on required Kinect too, thankfully

Doesn't really matter which system you get then (90% of games will be on both systems anyway).

Mass Effect is multiplatform, right? Or did I miss something?

Edit: I'm pretty sure it is. Great franchise, and exclusivity would be a pretty big get by Microsoft.

If I'm just looking to play Madden and GTA does it make difference in which system I get ?
It's literally the same as last round.Do you play online ? Xbox one. Better interface and online experience at the sacrifice of a small amount of power.

Online isn't a priority and you just want the most powerful consol? The PS4 is again more powerful system with the slightly less robust online experience. The online experience gap is smaller this time since Microsoft somehow provide a less intuitive interface than on the 360, but Sony's online service isn't free anymore so they sorta cancel each other out.

I want a XB1 because I want to play with all my online buddies but really want to play Bloodborne, (a PS4 exclusive) so I'm torn.
Not used to bumping my own post but I feel the same.

FWIW I went with the Xbox One. I liked their exclusives, controllers, interface, and the online experience better.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it is. Great franchise, and exclusivity would be a pretty big get by Microsoft.
I definitely could be wrong there.

I definitely could be wrong there.
I think the first one was Xbox only, but I think when the sequel came out it went multi-platform.

ME1 never made it to PlayStation.

You start off in ME2 answering the main plot points of ME1 to get up to speed with your character and then dive into ME2's game.

The release of Fallout 4 is going to push me to get one of these as well. Currently have a 360 and the news of backward compatibility on the xbox one got me thinking that direction. My son has a small collection of games I don't feel like rebuying. However, I think being able to finally play The Last of Us is going to steer me to the PS4.

I think all the other games I want to play are on both anyway- Fifa, Madden, GTA 5, etc... Probably will just keep my eyes peeled for a deal in the next couple weeks so I don't need to trade in the 360.

jwb said:
Bucky86 said:
jwb said:
Bucky86 said:
AcerFC said:

PS4- Last of Us. One of the greatest games I've ever played.
good call - I knew I'd miss one or two. Excellent game.

The better exclusive shooters are xbox (Halo and Gears). The better sports game is PS4 (nothing on xbox compares to The Show for baseball). Mass effect is excellent - so is uncharted.

if you like shooters and RPG = Xbox

If you like baseball and third person action/adventure = PS4.
I just noticed Mass Effect is listed as Xbox exclusive. I know when the first originally released, it was exclusive for about 5 years, but it's since released on PS3 as a trilogy bundle and stand-alone as a digital download.

Keep in mind that not all Xbox360 games will be backwards compatible immediately.

It will likely be a slowly building list just like it was the original Xbox games becoming BC on the 360.

Is there any chance PS makes a change and decides they will make the 4 backwards compatible. That may make my decision a lot easier.

ETA: Any chance prices come down some during holiday season. As much as I want to be involved in the fallout thread from day 1, if there will be a price cut, I may be able to wait a month or so

Is there any chance PS makes a change and decides they will make the 4 backwards compatible. That may make my decision a lot easier.

ETA: Any chance prices come down some during holiday season. As much as I want to be involved in the fallout thread from day 1, if there will be a price cut, I may be able to wait a month or so
Probably not on the first point. They're KIND of doing it already with their PSNow service, which is a $20/month subscription that allows you to stream play a good number of PS3 games on the PS4. I'm sure there's a list of available games somewhere.Prices are already down a bit. There are good bundles and if you buy now and the price drops there may be a price match guarantee you could use.

Probably not on the first point. They're KIND of doing it already with their PSNow service, which is a $20/month subscription that allows you to stream play a good number of PS3 games on the PS4. I'm sure there's a list of available games somewhere.Prices are already down a bit. There are good bundles and if you buy now and the price drops there may be a price match guarantee you could use.
Thanks. I have been trying to weigh the bundles. It is very odd that different games have different prices.

It comes down to the star wars ps4 bundle for 350 and then buy fallout (but wait a week since SW is a 11/17 launch) or the fallout xbox bundle for 400. Unless I listen to Bucky and get the last of us bundle for $429. But that doesnt seem worth the extra $79. Can just buy the game for that

Read the first three pages of this thread last night, will try to read the rest at work today. Have to say, I cant seem to make a decision. Both seem to be just as good as each other this time around.

Sorry, rambling to myself. Need to also think about my 6 year old as Im sure he will start getting into it

In (very) general I would say if you're looking for a system that is adult AND kid user friendly that the XB1 is closer to that description than the PS4.

The backwards compatible stuff is so baffling to me. Why anybody would let that factor in their choice for a new system when the old systems are virtually worthless as a trade-in just doesn't make any sense to me.

The last thing I want to do with my new system is play games on the old system. So weird

The backwards compatible stuff is so baffling to me. Why anybody would let that factor in their choice for a new system when the old systems are virtually worthless as a trade-in just doesn't make any sense to me.

The last thing I want to do with my new system is play games on the old system. So weird
Maybe people find the games fun?

I have a dynasty team in ncaa 11 that I love playing. They no longer make ncaa so I wouldnt be able to buy the new one

And for the $75 that Gamestop will give me for my ps3, I would rather stick in my beach place and use it as a netflix/Blu Ray player. Could even put it in my 6 year olds room for Netflix and games

lol, student in my class that has both says go with xbox 1. Im so confused (which doesnt take much)
The differences are tiny and getting smaller. I like Xbox controllers and I am deep into the MS world, Office and all that, so XBone is my choice. But PS4 is a fine machine and if you want the Sony exclusives a must have. The only game Sony has I want is Bloodborne and I won't buy a system for one game.

Of course, but what did you do with you PS3 or 360? Trade it in for 30 dollars?

Mostly it is $ and my son. He still has a handful of games that he likes to play on the 360 - Madden, NCAA, NHL, Disney Infinity, etc... Dropping a few hundred dollars for a new system is one thing, but I really don't want to have to rebuy all the games he likes to play right away too. Pretty soon $400 becomes $700+.

lol, student in my class that has both says go with xbox 1. Im so confused (which doesnt take much)
They are very close at this point. As odd as it sounds for me one of the major things is the size of the console. The PS4 is small, low profile and portable. I have a minimalist set up in my living room and the size of the xbox is a real turn off.

You are really going to find that it is going to be some small thing like that as to what console to choose.

I think PS4 is superior and the xbox was a disaster at launch but the xbox has closed the gap so much that it no longer a poor choice.

Also it is my opinion that user base matters. The base of PS4 is more than twice as big as xbox. That means that producers and marketers are going to target the PS4 base more heavily with bonuses, timed exclusives and service. Last gen xbox usually got maps, updates and fixes prior to PS3 which is annoying, it has flipped this gen.

a) Gamestop has often has deals that will get you $100 for an old system

b) People are choosing the XB1 for its BC feature because they DIDN'T have a 360 and/or they prefer the option of having the 360 catalog available with their XB1 purchase.

c) Why not get $30?

Maybe I just don't get what you're trying to say. Are you saying just keep the old system and pick a new one irrespective of backwards compatibility?

I guess that is the big question - how much are people really getting for their old systems? I have an older 360 w/o a HD and mostly sports games + Fallout and Bioshock. I am guessing I am not going to get much for that, so I might as well just keep that one around and get the PS4 that I want.

Thanks. I have been trying to weigh the bundles. It is very odd that different games have different prices.

It comes down to the star wars ps4 bundle for 350 and then buy fallout (but wait a week since SW is a 11/17 launch) or the fallout xbox bundle for 400. Unless I listen to Bucky and get the last of us bundle for $429. But that doesnt seem worth the extra $79. Can just buy the game for that

Read the first three pages of this thread last night, will try to read the rest at work today. Have to say, I cant seem to make a decision. Both seem to be just as good as each other this time around.

Sorry, rambling to myself. Need to also think about my 6 year old as Im sure he will start getting into it
Best Buy has a deal next week, starts Sunday, Get a $50 gift card plus a free game with purchase of XBox1. Pretty good deal. Believe Target has matched it as well in case you have the redcard (save 5%). Buy it Tuesday and get FO4 as the free game.

Best Buy has a deal next week, starts Sunday, Get a $50 gift card plus a free game with purchase of XBox1. Pretty good deal. Believe Target has matched it as well in case you have the redcard (save 5%). Buy it Tuesday and get FO4 as the free game.
This is awesome. I ran over to best buy.com and it looks like it is going on now, not next week. This may be the winner since I get the free game and the gift card which I can use for another controller

ETA: Fallout not available for free yet

a) Gamestop has often has deals that will get you $100 for an old system

b) People are choosing the XB1 for its BC feature because they DIDN'T have a 360 and/or they prefer the option of having the 360 catalog available with their XB1 purchase.

c) Why not get $30?

Maybe I just don't get what you're trying to say.
I would not trade in a old system if I was still using it. That is what I am saying.

That is like trading in a dirt bike for a car and being mad because you can go off roading. Then limiting your choice of car based on off road capability.

It just makes more sense to me that if you still want to dirtbike keep the bike and buy the car you want regardless of off road capability.

:shrug:

For me it's the older RPGs and and coop games that will be backwards compatible that make it. Also, my favorite shooter, GoW3, still is better than the past two versions of the game while I'm waiting for a better version next year:hopefully:

This is awesome. I ran over to best buy.com and it looks like it is going on now, not next week. This may be the winner since I get the free game and the gift card which I can use for another controller

Hold the phone. Newegg has this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105143&ignorebbr=1

Gears of War XB1 bundle for $349 plus $8 shipping. Includes: Turtle Beach DXL1 headphones, Final Fantasy Type=0, CoD Black Ops III, and Assassins Creed Unity. So XB1, 4 games, and $80 pair of headphones.

Hold the phone. Newegg has this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105143&ignorebbr=1

Gears of War XB1 bundle for $349 plus $8 shipping. Includes: Turtle Beach DXL1 headphones, Final Fantasy Type=0, CoD Black Ops III, and Assassins Creed Unity. So XB1, 4 games, and $80 pair of headphones.
Holy ####, I would buy that now if I wanted a xbox. That may be the best deal I have ever seen.

Holy ####, I would buy that now if I wanted a xbox. That may be the best deal I have ever seen.
Thank you for ordering from Newegg.com.

Order Date: 11/6/2015 8:21:36 AMOrder #: 197072819

So I basically got Gears of War, Black Ops and Final Fantasy with a pair of headphones for cheaper than I would have gotten just the console

Many thanks to Cold Dead Hands

I will probably never play Final Fantasy or Black Ops and not sure about Gears. I wonder if I will be able to trade them in for other games or a controller

ETA, Forgot about Assassins Creed. Will play that

So I basically got Gears of War, Black Ops and Final Fantasy with a pair of headphones for cheaper than I would have gotten just the console

I will probably never play Final Fantasy or Black Ops and not sure about Gears. I wonder if I will be able to trade them in for other games or a controller
Yes I don't like xbox but that was a smoking deal.

I would not trade in a old system if I was still using it. That is what I am sayin

That is like trading in a dirt bike for a car and being mad because you can go off roading. Then limiting your choice of car based on off road capability.

It just makes more sense to me that if you still want to dirtbike keep the bike and buy the car you want regardless of off road capability.

That makes more sense. I'll agree if you have several games you're still playing, then keep the system.

I think the discussion we were on though was "which one if I'm starting from scratch". In which case, the BC option is a nice to have on the XB1.

If I only had a couple games and they were BC compatible, I'd probably take what I could get in trade just to not have an extra system cluttering up the place.

I have a dynasty team in ncaa 11 that I love playing. They no longer make ncaa so I wouldnt be able to buy the new one

And for the $75 that Gamestop will give me for my ps3, I would rather stick in my beach place and use it as a netflix/Blu Ray player. Could even put it in my 6 year olds room for Netflix and games
Yeah, as a note the PS3 is still known as one of the best DVD and Blu Ray players out there with color accuracy, upscaling, etc. For that purpose it beats the pants off of any dedicated player you can buy for $75.

I would not trade in a old system if I was still using it. That is what I am sayin

That is like trading in a dirt bike for a car and being mad because you can go off roading. Then limiting your choice of car based on off road capability. It just makes more sense to me that if you still want to dirtbike keep the bike and buy the car you want regardless of off road capability.

That makes more sense. I'll agree if you have several games you're still playing, then keep the system.I think the discussion we were on though was "which one if I'm starting from scratch". In which case, the BC option is a nice to have on the XB1.

If I only had a couple games and they were BC compatible, I'd probably take what I could get in trade just to not have an extra system cluttering up the place.
Yeah, I want to get rid of my 360 to reduce clutter and there are some last generation games I wanted to play. BC is a nice feature.

Did you have to jump through hoops to get those extras? They are all listed as separate "special offers."

If it actually comes with all of those (are all those listed on the invoice) I would jump on this deal.

So help me out here guys, I have boys 15 and 12, been bugging for an xbox one for a while.

I loved gaming back in the day,but the consoles I still have are SNES, N64 etc, never had an xbox or playstaion, last console I bought for the kids was the Wii.

Is this as good as it gets for them to jump on this deal for Christmas?

Did you have to jump through hoops to get those extras? They are all listed as separate "special offers."

If it actually comes with all of those (are all those listed on the invoice) I would jump on this deal.
Reading the questions on the site, it doesn't look like all those other games are included. Confused here.

So help me out here guys, I have boys 15 and 12, been bugging for an xbox one for a while.

I loved gaming back in the day,but the consoles I still have are SNES, N64 etc, never had an xbox or playstaion, last console I bought for the kids was the Wii.

Is this as good as it gets for them to jump on this deal for Christmas?
From the sound of Loan who is a die hard PS guy, jump on it

Users who are viewing this thread