What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harward offered National Security Advisor. John Kelly is Homeland Security.  

Mattis was granted a waiver to serve as Secretary of Defense. Two of his top former military advisors will sit at the NSC with him - Harward and Kelly were each directly under him at times while he was a general.  

That's very disconcerting.

Trump keeps doubling down with a losing hand.  It's self-destructive to lash out at the intelligence community and then complain about leaks.

At a certain point here, his ship becomes rudderless, and no one will pay attention to what he's saying or doing.  That may happen long before conclusive evidence comes down about his involvement with Russia.
I think it's unfair to put this as our IC against Trump as well.  We really don't know how the IC community feels.  We simply know that some senior or previously senior people really dislike him.  I imagine the actual opinions in the IC are pretty varied.

I also don't think the IC should be above reproach.  Their track record isnt impeccable.  No aspect of government should be above criticism.

Obviously, it's not helpful for the President to overly-criticize, but given the nature of the leaks  he has to respond.  It seems like he is criticizing those leaking the information in this case, not the entire IC.

Hey Hell Toupee, I really like the way that squistion posts tweets- a lot cleaner than you do. You should examine his posts, maybe copy his style. HTH.
I can imagine the reaction if all my tweets were formatted like that with the pictures of Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann or Bill Maher. I am sure that would be very well received. :lol:

I think it's unfair to put this as our IC against Trump as well.  We really don't know how the IC community feels.  We simply know that some senior or previously senior people really dislike him.  I imagine the actual opinions in the IC are pretty varied.

I also don't think the IC should be above reproach.  Their track record isnt impeccable.  No aspect of government should be above criticism.

Obviously, it's not helpful for the President to overly-criticize, but given the nature of the leaks  he has to respond.  It seems like he is criticizing those leaking the information in this case, not the entire IC.
The problem is that Trump is such an f-up that it constantly distracts from legitimate problems. There's no question that our intelligence community has had many high profile failures, has overreached in its data collection on US citizens, and has become very politically powerful. Those are major problems and difficult to deal with, especially when they have shown a willingness to play dirty. 

There DOES need to be a house cleaning, but thanks to Trump's actions, he isn't the one to do it.

And he's going to stop crime!  And he has as a daughter and a son-in-law and 3 grandchildren!
The point of the Ivanka stuff was that she's Jewish, but he bumbled it.
I think he was worried he would use a word to describe them that would be offensive...he seemed to be reaching for a description of them that would call them Jewish, but he decided it was too risky and just went with describing his family affiliation.  Did the same thing with anti-semitism comments...didn't mention it directly in his response, as I think he was worried his word choice would be too clumsy so he just spoke in generalities that didn't make much sense.

The problem is that Trump is such an f-up that it constantly distracts from legitimate problems. There's no question that our intelligence community has had many high profile failures, has overreached in its data collection on US citizens, and has become very politically powerful. Those are major problems and difficult to deal with, especially when they have shown a willingness to play dirty. 

There DOES need to be a house cleaning, but thanks to Trump's actions, he isn't the one to do it.
The IC had problems under Clinton, Bush and Obama. True.

But yeah, they're just doing their job now. This is what we ask of them, protect the nation, keep an eye out for enemies acting covertly.

So, to explain how they were right about Trump all along, current opposition voters can point to intelligence community leaks, transcripts, NSA resignation, insane tweets, court rulings, and press conferences. 

Remember when the opposition party during our last new presidential administration was proving they were right about Obama because he put Grey Poupon on his burger?

And that wasn't until June.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can imagine the reaction if all my tweets were formatted like that with the pictures of Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann or Bill Maher. I am sure that would be very well received. :lol:

Kate Upton‏ @KateUpton

Wow, so honored and excited to be back with @SI_Swimsuit in an issue that celebrates beauty and confidence in all shapes & sizes!#siswim17

Kate good , Vlad obviously bad

Vladimir Putin‏ @PutinRF_Eng

Andrei Nikitin appointed Acting Governor of Novgorod Region

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: RBM
I think he was worried he would use a word to describe them that would be offensive...he seemed to be reaching for a description of them that would call them Jewish, but he decided it was too risky and just went with describing his family affiliation.  Did the same thing with anti-semitism comments...didn't mention it directly in his response, as I think he was worried his word choice would be too clumsy so he just spoke in generalities that didn't make much sense.
"I love Israel.  My daughter's whole household is super Jewy."

Trump keeps doubling down with a losing hand.  It's self-destructive to lash out at the intelligence community and then complain about leaks.

At a certain point here, his ship becomes rudderless, and no one will pay attention to what he's saying or doing.  That may happen long before conclusive evidence comes down about his involvement with Russia.

Trump isn't very precise with his language when he attacks.

Leaks good:

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump

Leaked e-mails of DNC show plans to destroy Bernie Sanders. Mock his heritage and much more. On-line from Wikileakes, really vicious. RIGGED

6:55 AM - 23 Jul 2016

The Wikileaks e-mail release today was so bad to Sanders that it will make it impossible for him to support her, unless he is a fraud!

5:20 PM - 23 Jul 2016

Very little pick-up by the dishonest media of incredible information provided by WikiLeaks. So dishonest! Rigged system!

9:46 AM - 12 Oct 2016

Wow, interview released by Wikileakes shows "quid pro quo" in Crooked Hillary e-mail probe.Such a dishonest person - & Paul Ryan does zilch!

6:15 PM - 16 Oct 2016

WikiLeaks reveals Clinton camp’s work with ‘VERY friendly and malleable reporters’ #DrainTheSwamp#CrookedHillaryhttp://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/21/wikileaks-reveals-hillary-clinton-camps-work-with-/ …

6:46 PM - 21 Oct 2016 

=========================

Leaks Bad:

Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?

7:48 AM - 11 Jan 2017

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?

9:28 AM - 14 Feb 2017

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  5h5 hours ago

Information is being illegally given to the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost by the intelligence community (NSA and FBI?).Just like Russia

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  5h5 hours ago

The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by "intelligence" like candy. Very un-American!

Has he taken any questions from actual US news sources?
I assume most questions are planted anyway.  Press conferences aren't what they used to be. Obama was very image conscious, I think Bush a bit less so.  I suspect Trump is more like Obama than Bush in that regard.

The IC had problems under Clinton, Bush and Obama. True.

But yeah, they're just doing their job now. This is what we ask of them, protect the nation, keep an eye out for enemies acting covertly.
Well, no. Getting that information and taking it to the President and/or Congress to look into it is what their job is. Their job isn't to leak it annonymously to the media. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread