What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Members March Mock - Match (3 Viewers)

Have some people take more teams or do a consensus pick. 
people are certainly welcome to volunteer for a 3rd.  

We can get started tomorrow morning, let's say 10 eastern but really whenever @Captain Quinoa wants to take Myles Garrett - err, I mean whomever he's taking.  If we get to the Bills and nobody wants them, we'll do consensus. 

oh, and three hour clock for the first round (we'll adjust from there), 10e - 7e.  If anyone needs a PM, say so.  But tagging with "@ name" should suffice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure if this is common knowledge around the league, but the Browns really really need a QB.  I mean, that’s the whole reason you tank to get the #1 pick, right?  There’s nothing more important than finding your franchise QB.  Even “borderline franchise QB” is more important than “elite pass rusher”.  But of course in true Browns fashion, they have managed to achieve total suckitude in a year where there is no clear cut franchise QB available.  Or is there??? 

No, there isn’t.  Everyone loves the idea of the hometown kid coming back to rescue the team, but you have to squint pretty hard to see anything elite in Mitchell T. and his 13 game history.  Watson certainly helped his case by measuring taller and heavier than anyone expected.  And he has all the intangibles.  But some of those tangibles… I mean dude throws a LOT of INTs.  For a coach that values accuracy as much as arm talent, DW is gonna be a tough sell.

So the Browns have 3 options:  1. Go with the consensus #1 guy, a freak athlete who can be a game changer for your defense.  2. Convince themselves that one of these guys is, in fact, a franchise QB.  Or 3. The dreaded trade down (CHI, NYJ, TEN?).  I’m pretty sure if they trade down, there will be a march on First Energy Stadium.  You tanked for a reason --make a pick.  Either you draft these studs, or you play against them for the next 10 years.  If they truly believe in one of the QBs they should take him at 1.  No reason to get cute by trading down a few spots, or trading up from 12, or taking whichever QB is left at 12, or any of the other ridiculous scenarios posited on local sports talk radio.  Of course this may be a non-issue by the time the draft arrives if they acquire Jimmy G or Ty Taylor in the meantime.  I would be fine with either of those as long as they don’t surrender #1, 12, 33, or a future #1 in the process (ok I could probably live with 33). 

So for once, the Browns will not attempt to outsmart everyone, including themselves, and take the “safe” pick consensus guy.

With the first pick, the Cleveland Browns select:  Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

I mean you can’t go wrong taking a guy who is really good at getting to the QB.  As bad as the Browns secondary has looked, it’s not easy to maintain coverage while the QB sits in the pocket clipping his fingernails and waiting for someone to break open.  While the Browns have some solid pieces on their defense (Ogbah, Shelton, Collins, Kirksey, etc..)  they need elite playmakers to get to the next level.  And this guy is crushing it in every way possible at the combine. 

Welcome to Cleveland, Myles.  Pack a scarf.

@efactor @-OZ-

Agree with it being right pick by Cleveland and this draft is so critical to that franchise. They are loaded like no one else with premium draft picks in super deep talent rich draft. Plus I think they are sitting on an extra round two in 2018 already. I actually think if they end up even someone like Tyrod at QB via FA this could be a very dangerous team in 2018 when the talent has a chance to gel. It of course starts with getting the picks right.

Last year the draft was a little lean, this year it's fantastic. I don't know if the Browns analytical people were able to forecast that out as early as last season but if so kudo's to them for loading up on draft picks for this draft. Genius to of them in fact if they forecast that out. Still not sure passing on Wentz was right call, and if he starts popping it could really add to pressure of Cleveland needing to hit these picks.

With the 2nd pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Jonathan Allen, Defensive Tackle, Alabama

Will give my reasoning in a bit  

7 rounds eh?
I actually think this may be the one and only mock draft this forum can support before the actual NFL draft so we may as well go through 7 rounds with the few die-hards we have. I can't believe that on combine weekend nobody is interested in the NFL draft. 

So is it this forum that is on life support, or is it forums in general. I guess if you have an opinion on anything now you just shout it on twitter instead of being forced into a dialogue in a forum.

I will take the Chargers. I feel like their can't be many Chargers fans around.
Plus, you're nearly guaranteed to do better than the real GM of the chargers. If I were you I'd put your LinkedIn profile in your signature. If you're willing to work for bags of oranges and unsold "la chargers" merch you might get a job offer from the spanos family.

As far as taking Allen for the 49ers:

Lot of holes to fill obviously, including QB.  However, not crazy about Trubisky, Kaiser or Watson and SF cannot afford to miss on this pick, so I went with the best player available approach, which also fills a position of need.  They have to be able to stop the run and switching to a 4-3, they need interior guys.  Mitchell was a nice pick up but they need a true impact player inside.  Have spent the last two #1s on Buckner (who I really like) and Armstead, who I have doubts will ever be an impact player.  Seems to not have enough "mean" in him.  Talented and if he can stay healthy, will have a decent career as a situational player, but as most 49er fans were saying at the time, they should have taken Marcus Peters.

Considered Foster here, but inside linebacker is pretty deep this year, so can address that in the next round or two.

Also, would have strongly considered a trade down to the 6-8 range, but didn't want to hold things up looking for a trading partner.

As far as taking Allen for the 49ers:

Lot of holes to fill obviously, including QB.  However, not crazy about Trubisky, Kaiser or Watson and SF cannot afford to miss on this pick, so I went with the best player available approach, which also fills a position of need.  They have to be able to stop the run and switching to a 4-3, they need interior guys.  Mitchell was a nice pick up but they need a true impact player inside.  Have spent the last two #1s on Buckner (who I really like) and Armstead, who I have doubts will ever be an impact player.  Seems to not have enough "mean" in him.  Talented and if he can stay healthy, will have a decent career as a situational player, but as most 49er fans were saying at the time, they should have taken Marcus Peters.

Considered Foster here, but inside linebacker is pretty deep this year, so can address that in the next round or two.

Also, would have strongly considered a trade down to the 6-8 range, but didn't want to hold things up looking for a trading partner.
Is Navaro Bowman not part of the 49ers long terms plans?

He will be 29 years old at the start of the 2017 season, so I suppose a replacement will be needed eventually, but if they are moving to a 4-3 defense, it seems the need for an inside linebacker wouldn't be as much.

Is Bowman in the last year of his contract or something? Just curious why inside linebacker is such a priority with the many other needs they have.

Is Navaro Bowman not part of the 49ers long terms plans?

He will be 29 years old at the start of the 2017 season, so I suppose a replacement will be needed eventually, but if they are moving to a 4-3 defense, it seems the need for an inside linebacker wouldn't be as much.

Is Bowman in the last year of his contract or something? Just curious why inside linebacker is such a priority with the many other needs they have.
Depends on how he comes back from the Achilles injury.  The knee injury he suffered in the 2013 NFC championship game was devastating.  Missed all of 2014.  Played well in 2015 against the run, but it was obvious he wasn't the same player as before the injury.  Lost his speed to cover.  He says he is ahead of schedule in his recovery, so hoping he is at least back to 2015 form, but two major injuries and going into his year 29 season, it would be a lot to expect.  Guy is smart, a great leader and has a ton of heart, so fingers crossed he can still be solid in the middle. I just have my doubts.

Thanks efactor. I didn't realize Bowman hadn't returned to previous ability. The numbers still looked good. That is unfortunate. I have only watched like two or 3 games of the 49ers the last couple years.

efactor said:
With the 2nd pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Jonathan Allen, Defensive Tackle, Alabama

Will give my reasoning in a bit  
Says 3 hours ago.  :shrug:

@Hawkeye21 hasn't even been on since Friday.

Skip him.

Bears pick Trubisky.
Yeah, we're not skipping picks.  We'll simply take a consensus. 

That said, I agree with a QB here unless they trade for jimmy G or sign Glennon.  Is trubisky the best qb?

Thanks efactor. I didn't realize Bowman hadn't returned to previous ability. The numbers still looked good. That is unfortunate. I have only watched like two or 3 games of the 49ers the last couple years.
He did play well in 2015, just not up to the level of 2013 and prior.  To be fair, he was probably one of the top 5 defensive players in the entire NFL at that point, so to expect him to return to that form after having his knee totally obliterated was unrealistic.  Just lost a lot of speed.  After missing almost all of 2016 with another major injury, I am not expecting a lot.  Hope I am wrong of course.

If I'm the Bears I sign Glennon, do my best to retain Alshon, and then draft one of these play-making safeties or Lattimore.

If I'm the Bears I sign Glennon, do my best to retain Alshon, and then draft one of these play-making safeties or Lattimore.
Certainly an option.  

Walterfootball reported that the Bears like mitch Trubisky, good enough for me. 

1.04 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Marshon Lattimore, CB tOSU

I flipped a coin between Lattimore and Adams. I think Lattimore gives them more flexibility. This frees them up to move Ramsey around more.

Users who are viewing this thread