What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Members March Mock - Match (1 Viewer)

1.04 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Marshon Lattimore, CB tOSU

I flipped a coin between Lattimore and Adams. I think Lattimore gives them more flexibility. This frees them up to move Ramsey around more.
Nice pair of CBs for the foreseeable future.

Did you consider Soloman Thomas  there?  Just seeing him projected to the Jags in a lot of mocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pair of CBs for the foreseeable future.

Did you consider Soloman Thomas at there?  Just seeing him projected to the Jags in a lot of mocks.
Yes I did but I think they'll roll with Fowler and Ngakoue for now and pick up some d-line help later in the draft. 

Thought about trading down but I love this kid

1.05 Titans take Jamal adams, safety,  LSU

writeup later but he is a leader and playmaker.  Arguably the best S to come out in years. 

@Dr. Octopus otc

1.06 New York Jets select DeShaun Watson.

After stepping up in consecutive years on the biggest stage, he earns the right to turn this franchise around.

7 rounds.  6 picks a day.  5 days a week.  Should be almost done with this thing in time for the real NFL Draft I guess.

7 rounds.  6 picks a day.  5 days a week.  Should be almost done with this thing in time for the real NFL Draft I guess.
That's 1 round a week.  

When we get to round 2, we'll do to a one hour clock but I'll need help moving this thing along. 

That's 1 round a week.  

When we get to round 2, we'll do to a one hour clock but I'll need help moving this thing along. 
You want to give people the opportunity to pick because they signed up to run a team.  It's not a ton of fun if the same 10 or so guys make all the picks.  That being said, you can't wait around forever either.  In your first post you can hover over the poster's name to see when the last time they were here was.  @Ilov80s hasn't been on the forum since Friday.  At least with a PM you get an email notification?

I guess we should do that for the next man up if we haven't been already.

I can take the Chargers for 80s. It was his second team anyways. If he's back in time I will give him the Cards. Or the Chargers back if he wants.

The really bad part is the first round is usually where everyone is most engaged.  :wall:
The even worse part is people are usually more engaged during/after the combine and we get all this info about so many of the prospects all at once. Of course pro-day info will also trickle out for the next several weeks but this weekend was the big pre-draft event.

It's discouraging to the point that maybe we should re-think how a SharkPool mocks should even be done moving forward. Maybe you just schedule an hour a day for each pick. During that hour people make their case of why that team would pick that player and make a vote in a poll. At the end of the hour the poll result decides the pick. I had no idea this place was such a waste-land in the offseason. The offseason used to be the best time for discussion around here.

Sorry, had an emergency at the end of workday. 

Chargers pick here is a no brainer:

S Malik Hooker tOSU

Could be injury issues and might be a bit raw, but his talent to play CF and create turnovers is rare. Safety is obviously a big hole for LA.

You want to give people the opportunity to pick because they signed up to run a team.  It's not a ton of fun if the same 10 or so guys make all the picks.  That being said, you can't wait around forever either.  In your first post you can hover over the poster's name to see when the last time they were here was.  @Ilov80s hasn't been on the forum since Friday.  At least with a PM you get an email notification?

I guess we should do that for the next man up if we haven't been already.
Bruh I was on all weekend 

The Panthers cannot get to the podium fast enough!

I'm picking this guy because, imo, Fournette is not a shotgun/read option RB.  Plus, Cam is gonna call his own number inside the 5 anyway.

...and the guy we are going to pick is a friggin' BEAST!

With the 8th pick the Carolina Panthers select...

DE Solomon Thomas Stanford

...like we stole him!!!!

Thrilled to help us continue to play Panthers' football: getting pressure on the QB without having to blitz!

Sorry, had an emergency at the end of workday. 

Chargers pick here is a no brainer:

S Malik Hooker tOSU

Could be injury issues and might be a bit raw, but his talent to play CF and create turnovers is rare. Safety is obviously a big hole for LA.
Nice. That's who I had you taking. 

Nice. That's who I had you taking. 
If Gus is going to run that old Seattle D, he needs a rangey  FS like Earl Thomas. Hooker is the very rare player that can pull it off. Without that box checked, I don't think the defense can work.

The Panthers cannot get to the podium fast enough!

I'm picking this guy because, imo, Fournette is not a shotgun/read option RB.  Plus, Cam is gonna call his own number inside the 5 anyway.

With the 8th pick the Carolina Panthers select...

DE Solomon Thomas Stanford

...like we stole him!!!!

Thrilled to help us continue to play Panthers' football: getting pressure on the QB without having to blitz!
Love this pick.  Almost took him for SF at #2

Love this pick.  Almost took him for SF at #2
Thanks!  I sure hope and pray he falls to us in the real draft.  lol

For those who care and like to read, here is a good explanation for our Solomon Thomas pick(courtesy of ProFootballRumors.com).

There’s no question that the Panthers got after opposing quarterbacks last season. Under former coordinator (and current Bills head coach) Sean McDermott, Carolina ranked second in the NFL with 47 sacks, and placed fifth in the league with a 7.3% adjusted sack rate. However, many of the Panthers’ key pass rushers are entering, or nearing, free agency, and given that the club’s entire defensive unit hinges on strong production up front, Carolina needs to address its defensive line immediately.

Let’s take a look at the current scope of the Panthers’ DL, starting on the interior: Kawann Short and Star Lotulelei form one of the more effective defensive tackle duos in the NFL, but Short is about to become a free agent, while Lotulelei will hit free agency next year after playing out his fifth-year option. Short, 28 next month, recently placed third on PFR’s 2017 Free Agent Power Rankings, and figures to be incredibly expensive on the open market. The franchise tag looms an option, but Short briefly held out of camp last year after failing to reach a long-term agreement with the Panthers. Short has maintained he would quickly sign the franchise tender if offered, but if he does stage some sort of disruption, general manager Dave Gettleman — the man who rescinded Josh Norman‘s franchise tag last year — might not put up with it.

Veteran defensive tackle Paul Soliai looks like an obvious cut this offseason, leaving 2016 first-round pick Vernon Butler as Carolina’s top reserve (or potentially a starter if Short departs) on the inside. Last year’s selection of Butler was a wise move on the part of the Panthers, as the club is now set up to withstand the loss of either Short or Lotulelei over the next two seasons. As such, the more pressing problems for Carolina exist on the edge, where the team could stand to add an extra option in the next few months.

Defensive ends Mario Addison and Charles Johnson, who respectively ranked first and fourth in sacks among Panthers defenders, are both free agents. Johnson, who re-signed with Carolina last year after being released earlier in the offseason, has already expressed interest in staying with the Panthers. Addison, meanwhile, came out of nowhere to post 9.5 sacks and grade as Pro Football Focus’ No. 16 edge defender, but played on fewer than 500 snaps and will be 30 years old when the 2017 campaign begins, meaning he’s probably not cut out to be a full-time starter. Kony Ealy, another defensive end, is entering the last season of his rookie deal and will become a free agent in 2018.

All of which to say that the Panthers need to invest in their edge rush, both in the near term and for the future. Free agent defensive ends that may interest Carolina could include Jabaal Sheard, Datone Jones, and veteran Dwight Freeney, but those options are only on the table if the Panthers don’t think they can land a top-notch defensive end in the draft. At pick No. 8, Carolina should see at least one of Stanford’s Solomon Thomas, Alabama’s Jonathan Allen, or Tennessee’s Derek Barnett on the board, and should probably pounce.

Despite the Panthers’ poor 2016 record, the club is still very much a 2017 contender, and should be able to paper over many of the holes listed above (at least for the time being). Michael Oher and Daryl Williams represent a viable tackle combination, Jonathan Stewart can probably produce for at least one more season, and Carolina can hold onto Kawann Short for one more year via the franchise tag. As such, the Panthers should be able to truly employ a “best player available” strategy when the eighth pick rolls around in late April.

I'll be away for a few hours so I sent a short draft list to OZ for both BAL and WAS so I don't hold things up. I'll be back with and explanation of the pick(s).

Worst case scenario for the Bengals here...was hoping for Solomon Thomas and would have taken one of the Safeties as BPA. 

Tempted by both Rueben Foster and the top WRs, especially Ross. Foster has the type of multi-year, top program production that is almost always present in the Bengals 1st rounders. Cincinnati has been desperate to add a speed receiver for years and really wanted Will Fuller last season. Ross would be dynamite across from AJ Green and is extremely intriguing after the 4.22.

But DE is a major need so I'll go with Derek Barnett even if it's a little bit of a reach. The 40 time was a disappointment. But at least he put together a great 3-cone, which has been a big predictor of success for pass rushers. The Bengals love to draft SEC guys and players who have been productive for multiple season. Barnett checks those boxes in a major way. 

1.10 The Buffalo Bills run to the podium to select:

Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

Despite the need, the WR talent in the draft and FA precludes a WR selection here. This was relatively easy. Gilmore is likely gone. If not, CB is an incredible strength. If so, he's a position of need plug and play CB in McDermott's new D. 

PM sent to daveR

Surprised by the last 2 picks. They were guys I was looking at for Detroit. I get Jones but think Barnett might be a reach and I'm not sure he fits the mold of DEs that the Bengals usually like.

Surprised by the last 2 picks. They were guys I was looking at for Detroit. I get Jones but think Barnett might be a reach and I'm not sure he fits the mold of DEs that the Bengals usually like.
Barnet wouldn't have made it past the saints. 

Really would have liked either of the CB's that just went, but there should be plenty of good options available in Rd 2 and 3.  If the board fell this way I think the Browns would look to trade down.  And with Fournette and Cook still available they would probably be able to.  So which way to go.  Fournette would be tough to pass up, but I don't believe they value RB high enough to take one in the 1st, and it's far from their biggest need.  Same with Howard at TE.  The WR's don't really excite me.  OL? Meh.  Kizer/Mahomes?  Nooooo.

So we're back to defense.  Safety is a need, but would be a reach at this point.  I guess we'll stick with BPA.  Sure he's got a bit of an attitude.  But I like that in a LB.  With Garrett already on board, you plug this guy in between Collins and Kirksey and hey we're getting close to having a decent front 7.

With the 12th pick, the Cleveland Browns select   Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

@Borden @-OZ-

LOL.  10 of the top 12 picks were defensive players.

The other 2 were both QB's.

Cardinals, Eagles, Colts, etc. coming up.

I would think we are due for some WR's and RB's now.

With the 13th overall selection, the Arizona Cardinals take...

Ryan Ramczyk - Tackle - Wisconsin

Best or second best OL on all the Big Boards I looked at. Love those Badger hogs. Palmer and DJ need more protection. A healthy Mathis and Ramczyk and this OL could go from 26th (says PFF) to top 5.

spider321 said:
LOL.  10 of the top 12 picks were defensive players.

The other 2 were both QB's.

Cardinals, Eagles, Colts, etc. coming up.

I would think we are due for some WR's and RB's now.
I'd think 2 of the next 3 and 4 of the next 5 could/should be offense. 

Borden takes the Chiefs. I'll take the Patriots unless someone else wants them (surprised noone else has claimed them)

The Patriots officially offer jimmy Garopollo to Houston for 1.25 and to Cleveland for 2.33 and 2.52

Any other team interested can offer a similar deal. 

Somewhat shocking that the Eagles have the pick of the litter of offensive skill positions outside of QB. This made for a very difficult decision.

1.14 The Philadelphia Eagles select OJ Howard, TE, Alabama

This may be surprising to some but I think the Eagles under the direction of Joe Douglas will draft BPA. Why Howard? He is an elite talent and think of the matchup nightmares in the 12 formation with Ertz and Howard. Celek is probably done after this year. I think the Eagles pursue a FA WR and likely go CB/RB later. Fournette was a consideration but I just can't see the Eagles going RB round 1.

Ertz/Howard should be a top combo for years.  I don't know if I'd have taken OJ over a receiver but he should go around here (Titans would have at 18 had he fallen)

The next few sent me their picks:

15. Indianapolis Colts @Ben & Jerry's - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU16. Baltimore Ravens @BoltBacker - Mike Williams, receiver Clemson17. Washington Redskins @BoltBacker - Corey Davis, receiver western Michigan18. Tennessee Titans @-OZ- - Zach Cunningham, ILB Vanderbilt

Honestly I was not expecting to take Cunningham here, was looking at the receivers or Howard but he fits a key need and the coincidence of him being a local guy is nice (not at all why we took him but it's nice). Good in coverage and a playmaker.  If the Titans can add him and Adams, our defense is going to be stout!   Also, for the sake of this mock, I'm assuming we signed Alshon Jeffery. 

Titans would consider trading the 18 for cooks but I'd want to do something along the lines of 1.18 and 3.83 for cooks and 2.42 - which I don't think @daveR would jump at.  

Next 3

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers @Grahamburn20. Denver Broncos @Andy Dufresne21. Detroit Lions @Ilov80s

I don't think that's right for the Cardinals. Arians thinks it takes a while for linemen to develop anyway and now they finally have Humphries in a playable condition.

They're losing too much defensive talent to go o-o-line in the first.

IMO

I don't think that's right for the Cardinals. Arians thinks it takes a while for linemen to develop anyway and now they finally have Humphries in a playable condition.

They're losing too much defensive talent to go o-o-line in the first.

IMO
Plus they allegedly like Kizer

Well, I swore I wouldn't do this.  I just don't know if this guy has the physicality to make it in the NFL and his injury history is significant. However the production has been there post injury, his routes are crisp, and the Bucs desperately need receivers for Jameis opposite Mike Evans.  Even with my expectation that they'll sign DeSean Jackson in the next few days the Tampa Bay Buccaneers enter ludicrous speed with the selection of:

1.19 WR, John Ross, Washington

Jason Licht has a history lately of signing a particular type of player in free agency and subsequently drafting his replacement early in the upcoming draft.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing here with Jackson and Ross.  DeSean was still the second fastest player in the NFL last year and then when you add Ross to a group that already has Mike Evans, well, DB's better bring their cheetah cleats. 

Titans would consider trading the 18 for cooks but I'd want to do something along the lines of 1.18 and 3.83 for cooks and 2.42 - which I don't think @daveR would jump at.  
From what I can gather, they want a first rounder and 1.18 would suffice.  I don't think they would accept your proposal.  I would decline.

eta:  You might be able to retain the first & trade a package like a second, third, and future second or third.

Well, I swore I wouldn't do this.  I just don't know if this guy has the physicality to make it in the NFL and his injury history is significant. However the production has been there post injury, his routes are crisp, and the Bucs desperately need receivers for Jameis opposite Mike Evans.  Even with my expectation that they'll sign DeSean Jackson in the next few days the Tampa Bay Buccaneers enter ludicrous speed with the selection of:

1.19 WR, John Ross, Washington

Jason Licht has a history lately of signing a particular type of player in free agency and subsequently drafting his replacement early in the upcoming draft.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing here with Jackson and Ross.  DeSean was still the second fastest player in the NFL last year and then when you add Ross to a group that already has Mike Evans, well, DB's better bring their cheetah cleats. 
Evans/brate/DeSean/ross could be fun for Winston. Bring the fun 'n' gun back to Florida. 

From what I can gather, they want a first rounder and 1.18 would suffice.  I don't think they would accept your proposal.  I would decline.

eta:  You might be able to retain the first & trade a package like a second, third, and future second or third.
That's what I figured.  I'd consider the 18 straight only if we failed to sign Jeffery, DeSean, Pryor, garcon, etc.  

We don't have a 2nd. Maybe future 2nd with this year's 3rd...

I think the trade gets overly complicated if the Titans aren't willing to give the 18.

Evans/brate/DeSean/ross could be fun for Winston. Bring the fun 'n' gun back to Florida. 
It sounds pretty nasty.  On paper of course.  I'm also not done and I hope Licht wouldn't be either.  This is pretty much the "load Jameis up with weapons" off-season and it's a great draft to have needs at the skill positions.

It sounds pretty nasty.  On paper of course.  I'm also not done and I hope Licht wouldn't be either.  This is pretty much the "load Jameis up with weapons" off-season and it's a great draft to have needs at the skill positions.
Agreed. I'm glad the Titans have two 1sts but I'd really like to see them trade down and add a 2nd. 

Best case scenario imo - the bills decide it's worthwhile to trade up from 10 to the 5 for a 2nd.  Titans still walk away with one of the corners, foster or maybe Davis and the 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread