What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

Draft next year, if there isn't an O-lineman with our 1st rounder we like, I'm hoping we trade down and get some more picks.  
My first preference would be a trade down regardless of who's on the board. We're not getting a no-brainer All-Pro OL in the late 20s / early 30s regardless, and the 5th-year option that attaches to the late-1sts make them significantly more valuable as trade bait for a team looking to move up for a project QB. We should have no problem turning even #32  :whistle:  into a high-2nd plus a low-3rd or high-4th and I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Hmm... ya I don't know what the 'middle one" would be then.  Patriots one?
In the NBA, the trades often have language talking about the lesser or greater of 2 or 3 picks as the compensation, so it isn't determined until the end of the year.  I'm not sure if NFL has the same thing, but that might take care of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need something to get the clicks in before the trade deadline
Just hopped in my car for a few minutes. Turned on sports radio and 1st thing I hear is “a source in Detroit just tweeted Calvin Johnson just boarded a plane to Philadelphia”. So now some dude from Detroit is going to give these guys something to talk about for an hour?

Just hopped in my car for a few minutes. Turned on sports radio and 1st thing I hear is “a source in Detroit just tweeted Calvin Johnson just boarded a plane to Philadelphia”. So now some dude from Detroit is going to give these guys something to talk about for an hour?
Insider reports say he’s buying/setting up an Auntie Ann’s franchise in Lancaster. :lol:  Seriously. 

Please don't bring in Calvin Johnson. He's going to be a distraction. This is Carson Wentz's team. And things are going great. And Howie has been the best GM in football since 2016. He wouldn't want to be remembered for messing up a team's chemistry because he fell in love with an old player who was great 3 years ago.

Please don't bring in Calvin Johnson. He's going to be a distraction. This is Carson Wentz's team. And things are going great. And Howie has been the best GM in football since 2016. He wouldn't want to be remembered for messing up a team's chemistry because he fell in love with an old player who was great 3 years ago.
What if he gets a Howie special from the Lions/cheap-ish price?

Best OL, LBer or trade down are all options. 
Ya, RB might be off the table for another year if Ajayi does well.

I like the trade back from where we are. Usually have a team wanting to trade back into the late first round to grab a guy that's falling.  With us not having a 2nd or 3rd, we could get a good amount back for that pick.

Bigboy10182000 said:
Only cost a 4 too
Adam Gase is shacking up the roster down there. Ajayi hasn't had a good year but a lot of of that apparently is contributed to their offensive line issues. 

What if he gets a Howie special from the Lions/cheap-ish price?
Still concerned about chemistry. And bringing in a bigger name than Wentz. I simply don't see what it adds to the team. He was in decline when he retired. This isn't 2012 CJ. I like our receivers. Hollins is coming along nicely. Agholar has grown leaps and bounds and Alshon is paying dividends. 

Howie has been so impressive the last two years. 
I've been a Roseman fan since he first got here. I think if we can take one positive out of the whole Chip Kelly regime was Chip's ego allowed Howie to take a year off and study other sports and GMs and personal and see how proper roster construction is done. Since coming back he's made a lot of very smart decisions. I wonder if the Geeks running numbers and advanced stats are playing into things as well. 

I've been a Roseman fan since he first got here. I think if we can take one positive out of the whole Chip Kelly regime was Chip's ego allowed Howie to take a year off and study other sports and GMs and personal and see how proper roster construction is done. Since coming back he's made a lot of very smart decisions. I wonder if the Geeks running numbers and advanced stats are playing into things as well. 
I'll be very interested to see how he handles resigning players next season.  We're tight against the cap, not going to be able to keep everyone.  There is also the issue of signing Wentz to a long term deal.

Wow Holy **** that's a burn

Benjamin Solak @BenjaminSolak
Replying to @BenjaminSolak
IMAGINE SITTING THE PRICEY CB YOU GOT FROM PHILLY ON TUESDAY AND THEN A WEEK LATER TRADING WITH HOWIE *AGAIN*. HE LAUGHS AT YOUR FOOLISHNESS
9:27 AM - Oct 31, 2017

Take it with a Grain of Salt as its La Confora 

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora

Eagles (seeking LT) and Dolphins could both make more moves and other RBs (Hyde/Gore) could be moved still as well

6:29 AM - 31 Oct 2017

Jeff Darlington ✔@JeffDarlington

Something to keep in mind about Ajayi trade: Dolphins don’t believe he has much left in his knees. Longer-term play. Something to watch for.

9:36 AM - Oct 31, 2017

Craig Mish ✔@CraigMish

Source tells me Ajayi extremely combative with Dolphins coaching staff in recent weeks. Verbal confrontations.

9:45 AM - Oct 31, 2017

Jason La Canfora ✔@JasonLaCanfora

Eagles are not moving Blount from what I gather. He'll have a role there even after this trade

10:05 AM - Oct 31, 2017

Michael Lombardi ✔@mlombardiNFL

Don't think the Eagles are done making trades today, each team I talk with indicate they have something going with Birds....

9:29 AM - Oct 31, 2017

As to why the Texans traded Brown. Obviously with Brown's holdout, he wasn't on the best of terms with the front office. My thought is he held out as long as he did to try to force the Texans to trade him. When McNair put his foot in his mouth on Friday, Brown was the most vocal person to speak about how disrespectful it was. I think his speaking out was definitely intentional to increase the chance that he would be traded. He played a good game against Seattle, who he knew was a possible suitor for him. Yesterday he got his wish.

As to why the Texans traded Brown. Obviously with Brown's holdout, he wasn't on the best of terms with the front office. My thought is he held out as long as he did to try to force the Texans to trade him. When McNair put his foot in his mouth on Friday, Brown was the most vocal person to speak about how disrespectful it was. I think his speaking out was definitely intentional to increase the chance that he would be traded. He played a good game against Seattle, who he knew was a possible suitor for him. Yesterday he got his wish.
And Houston, who traded a ton for Watson, got a very nice return as well. 

If you look at all the trades made so far, they got the most back IMO

There's rumors also that D'Onta Foreman was punished and didn't play on Sunday because he left Practice without consent do to McNair's comments as well. Both Bill and Bob seem like upstanding gentleman if this is true. 

Ajayi and Blount?  Opposing D's are going to be arm tackling and stepping out of the way if the Birds are up in the 4th and just decide to run the ball.  That's two loads right there.

Not sure if true but read a tweet that the 4th was part of the Bradford trade? 

So it turns out to be Sam Bradford for Derek Barnett and Ajayi. 
Well we won’t know which pick it is until the season is over. We have three 4th round picks and they get the middle one. 

Well we won’t know which pick it is until the season is over. We have three 4th round picks and they get the middle one. 
Ah okay.  It's funny, looking at power rankings they have all 3 of our picks as top 5 teams.  It's nice to know that if one of the teams slip, we get to keep that pick.

If both us and the Pats get a BYE, then I guess that means we will be giving up a bottom 5-8 pick at worst.  This seems like such a steal.  Even if his knees are worrisome, we have a lot to fall back on if he goes down.  Kinda think we are gonna run him a ton over the next two years and not really worry about him being a long term healthy option after next year.

Has anyone read up on the AJ McCarron trade to the Browns that fell through?

Apparently they had a deal at 3:55 (trade deadline is 4) and the Bengals called it in. The Browns didn’t call it in on time because they were apparently celebrating the deal.....

What was the deal you ask? Evidently the Browns were giving a 2 and 3 to the Bengals for him....yes, more than what SF gave for Garoppolo 

Users who are viewing this thread