What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (2 Viewers)

Tampa Bay struggled badly with Carolina.

Sure, Hurts may be limited but so is Mayfield.

Eagles are a MUCH better team in my opinion and should win by more than the 3 points Las Vegas has them as a road favorite.
Eagles have struggled with everyone. There was a point in the Giants game where 7 of the opponent last 10 drives (Arizona and Giants) resulted in TD’s. Thats not just bad, that’s BAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!

TB’s defense will also be amongst the toughest we’ve faced lately too which is scary considering how inept the offense has been.

In addition to this we are:

- down AJ brown
- Smith is hurting
- Hurts finger isn’t 100%
- Maddox now has to start at safety
- Constant talk of coaches being fired

The list actually goes on and on.

Predicting 27-17 Bucs. One of the toughest defenses we've played since our downfall, and our D won't be able to stop those WRs.

Tampa Bay struggled badly with Carolina.

Sure, Hurts may be limited but so is Mayfield.

Eagles are a MUCH better team in my opinion and should win by more than the 3 points Las Vegas has them as a road favorite.
Eagles have struggled with everyone. There was a point in the Giants game where 7 of the opponent last 10 drives (Arizona and Giants) resulted in TD’s. Thats not just bad, that’s BAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!

TB’s defense will also be amongst the toughest we’ve faced lately too which is scary considering how inept the offense has been.

In addition to this we are:

- down AJ brown
- Smith is hurting
- Hurts finger isn’t 100%
- Maddox now has to start at safety
- Constant talk of coaches being fired

The list actually goes on and on.
Should be a pretty level playing field considering how many injuries you have. Tampa is healthy.

I think Zyon McCollum’s brother is being called up from your practice squad to start.

A couple of tidbits that seemed "interesting" to me from that article were that it states how Hurts really thinks the offense should be focusing more on short to intermediate throws in the middle of the field. However, the one time that has been confirmed that Hurts went off the script was a vertical, outside the hash, high risk pass to AJ when all that was needed was a shorter pass to get into FG range. Seems kind of contradictory.

Also, the statement that Nick overruled Johnson on a play call where Nick called for a running play and it failed. So Nick did exactly what fans have been clamoring for by running the ball more often and it failed. I'm sure there were other examples of Nick overruling the original play call but that was the one cited in the article. Again, interesting.

Ok "Tampa struggled badly with Carolina" seems to be saying Tampa is not very good, no?

No.

A game matters but it's not everything.

The Eagles struggled badly and actually lost to a bad team in the Giants. And I think the Eagles are good.

Sources: #Eagles HC Nick Sirianni has not lost the locker room and no relationship issues exist between him and the players.

Coordinators Brian Johnson and Sean Desai are who the players take issue with, most of them feel like they’re “not being put in situations to succeed.”

“So just so we are clear:
🏈 The issues are with Nick Sirianni per Tim McManus
🏈 The issues are with Jalen Hurts per the Philadelphia Inquirer
🏈 The issues are with Brian Johnson per MLFootball

Glad we cleared that up and everyone is focused on winning the game instead of pre-setting the narrative for when they lose.

Hearing all the stories come out after this season is going to be wild”

Glad we cleared that up and everyone is focused on winning the game instead of pre-setting the narrative for when they lose.

I memed it for you.

I memed it for you.
Perfect! And who knows but usually where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Last year both sides of the ball functioned at a high level and now they don’t. Only difference is the OC and DC so that where I’m laying my bets

There’s absolutely nothing that can happen tonight that will surprise me. Lose 50-0, win by 1, an 11.5 to 11.5 tie after nine overtimes, Jason Kelce kicking a 70-yard field goal, Rashad Penny leading a 99-yard TD drive as QB after Hurts, Mariota, and Tanner McKee get hurt.

Nothing can phase me. Thanks, 2023 Eagles!

There’s absolutely nothing that can happen tonight that will surprise me. Lose 50-0, win by 1, an 11.5 to 11.5 tie after nine overtimes, Jason Kelce kicking a 70-yard field goal, Rashad Penny leading a 99-yard TD drive as QB after Hurts, Mariota, and Tanner McKee get hurt.

Penny not active so you can remove that one and alleviate the last hold outs of the “they’re saving Penny for the playoffs” crowd.

"My hands felt just like 2 balloons."

Penny not active so you can remove that one and alleviate the last hold outs of the “they’re saving Penny for the playoffs” crowd.
Saving him for the Super Bowl! lol

So he doesn’t come out with misleading pieces
He just did
I find it ironic how a lot of you guys will believe anything from guys that do that constantly but when a report from a well respected journalist comes out you guys call bs.

If that article was written about my most hated player or team I’d still call it BS.

There’s nothing in that article we haven’t talked about for a while. He’s reading the tea leaves and saying it as if it’s inside knowledge. For instance, if Johnson didn’t get any HC interviews do you think that line about him being “highly respected around the league” makes it? Of course not. You can go line by line and see what I mean.

And nothing is absolute. Good writers make mistakes or take short cuts. Crap ones are right at times too.

Think about it like this, you posted a McLane article cause it aligned with your beliefs even though you know all he writes is BS. This is what Timmy is doing.
He’s actually pretty highly touted from the people I spoke too. Trask and Richardson loved him at Florida and when I saw Kyle Pitts over his bye week up here nothing but great things about the guy.

I didn’t post it because it aligned with me. I posted it because I’ve heard similar from my source or I’d have called BD. Simple as that

I don’t know man. I think the chances are very good that Belichick would come here.

To be clear, I don’t want Sirianni fired, and I don’t want BB to come here. However, the Eagles organization from Lurie to Howie has always seemed to be interested in doing things the Patriots way. You’ve already got Matt Patricia, his best defensive coordinator of the past, in the building. You’ve got Josh McDaniels, his best offensive coordinator of years past, out there are not working currently. And let’s be honest, Belichick wants to go somewhere that he can rip off 15 wins and break Don Shula’s record. This team would offer that right out of the gate. He’s not looking to build a new team, he’s looking to win now.
I'm not sure I agree with the bolded.

When Lurie bought the team, he wanted to model the franchise on the 49ers. When the 49ers top offensive assistants opted for other opportunities, Lurie hired their defensive coordinator, Ray Rhodes. By the late '90s, the 49ers tree was fully integrated into the Packers, and Lurie plucked Andy Reid from there. The driving impetus after Reid was fired was to find someone "innovative". Like Reid had been. The driving impetus after Chip Kelly was fired, and after Doug was fired as well, was to find someone who was "innovative" but would work in tandem with the front office and not insist on running the show themselves. Like all franchises that aren't completely out to lunch, they have borrowed some ideas from the Patriots on how to build a sustained winning culture, but I don't thing the big picture suggests that "they have always seemed to be interested in doing things the Patriots way."

Yep. They seem hell bent on getting the Mike McDaniel, Sean McVeigh, Kyle Shanahan type of HC. I can’t necessarily disagree with their logic there either. If they move on from Sirianni, who’s that guy? Johnson from Detroit is all I could see.
THey are not moving on from Nick. This is ridiculous. Super Bowl appearance, lose BOTH coordinators, then still make the playoffs with such poor talent/depth on defense. No way. If anything Nick should be coach of the year.

Sometimes people act like all smart choices work out. Its very possible both coordinators Nick chose fissile out. It happens. It doesnt mean fire the coach on first mistake. I would wager Nick gets at least 2 more years even if he misses the playoffs next season.
I mean I agree, I don’t think it would be fair to fire Nick. But Lurie is in the building and sees what’s happening behind closed doors. If the players are simply tuning Nick out and not buying what he’s selling anymore (which is what it looks like) Lurie will absolutely zip him.
Its been my observation that if anything, Lurie is a patient and 'late to act' manager
Let me put it this way. From people I know after they won the SB Lurie wanted to fire DC Jimschwartz. He was embarassed how bad the defense played on a national level. He didn’t only because of how late in hiring process they were and no great canditates. Schwartz stayed a bit longer and my coworkers son Position coach he was an assistant left the next year do to Schwartz staying. Final year Schwartz was lazy slept in his office during meetings etc to the point my coworkers son coached the defense on game days the final year. Schwartz left for the “Urban Meyer health reasons” but he had become lazy and was just a ******** excuse most people outside the team would take as a good excuse to leave.

So Lurie can be patient but from people I’ve talked to over the past week he’s ****ing pissed off. He knows this team does well the city does better. They are the flag bear of sports teams in this city in terms of success. A lot will depend on this game and how they do and what Nick does in the exit interview
I cant dispute your second hand knowledge.

However, Schwartz has/had the #1 defense this year IIRC and will be a candidate for HC positions. So with all do respect, the "lazy" comments dont pass the sniff test.

He wanted out of Philly. Doug showed no accountability on coaches or players so guys did stuff knowing they could get away with it. Schwartz stopped wanting to coach here so he pulled an urban meyer

What specifically are y'all saying is wrong in the McManus article?

This feels like hardly a hot take:

A disconnect between the visions of Sirianni, Hurts and offensive coordinator Brian Johnson has affected the offense's ability to land on an identity, the source said.
You can’t say bad things about hurts in this thread Joe duh

Kelce retiring most likely. BG too. Lane? Maybe. Cox probably going to a contender next year for cheap. We're pretty screwed for years to come.

I'd imagine McCarthy is done in Dallas. I could see Belichick being their next head coach.
What is the love with BB?

Name 1 thing BB has done without Tom Brady? Not to mention his defenses after Spygate.

Yes BB will go down as the greatest NFL coach of all time. However, I have concerns about the validity of his wins.
I think he’s been overrated for yrs. Without Brady and cheating he’d have been out of NE a long time ago/ vastly overrated and I think a lot of media and former players coaches skim over the cheating because “everyone did it.” It’s like he gets a free pass

Reactions: JAA
I predict 3-4 seasons of mediocrity. Then another Super Bowl run led by….a vindicated 35 year old Carson Wentz :lmao:

I’ve never known Tim McManus to be a hot take, Clickbait, kind of guy. None of this stuff sounds made up, in fact, it’s all things that we’ve sort of been guessing at all season long.

Exactly. Really surprised to see the negative reaction to what seems like what most people think.
It confirms a lot that people didn’t want to believe for weeks. Egos are hurt, confirms stuff I thought I was right in which upsets some.

I’ve never known Tim McManus to be a hot take, Clickbait, kind of guy. None of this stuff sounds made up, in fact, it’s all things that we’ve sort of been guessing at all season long.

Exactly. Really surprised to see the negative reaction to what seems like what most people think.
It confirms a lot that people didn’t want to believe for weeks. Egos are hurt, confirms stuff I thought I was right in which upsets some.

So do we bring back Wentz? Is Nick Foles still playing?

Ml football isn’t a great source. They’ve been known to lie about stuff before

When your defense is a siv, you need TDs

I'm starting think Djax was right. We're watching Hurts turn in to Wentz before our eyes. Should have never paid him.

I predict 3-4 seasons of mediocrity. Then another Super Bowl run led by….a vindicated 35 year old Carson Wentz :lmao:

I’ll wait until I see what OC/ Possible HC before I go that far. I’m not a Hurts guy but this scheme and possible injuries did him no favors.

Aikman is on it right now “There’s an art and feel for calling plays and Steichen did that well last year. The loss of both coordinators is really affecting this team”

Like McLane….? Lol

I memed it for you.

Last year both sides of the ball functioned at a high level and now they don’t. Only difference is the OC and DC so that where I’m laying my bets

Other difference is key guys are older and we lost key guys and failed to adequately replace them.

Are the Cordinators putting guys in bad positions? Probably but at the same time we failed in player personnel acquisitions.

I'm starting think Djax was right. We're watching Hurts turn in to Wentz before our eyes. Should have never paid him.

He needs guys around him and a system. Just way too many similarities here. Probably could’ve gotten a discount if we waited this year if they wanted to keep him

I memed it for you.

Other difference is key guys are older and we lost key guys and failed to adequately replace them.

Are the Cordinators putting guys in bad positions? Probably but at the same time we failed in player personnel acquisitions.
What you are saying with these coordinators is 90% of this teams issues.

Yeah the coaches haven't helped but he's looked pretty awful this year.
I mean I said Foles would win us a SB. I just didn’t have being traded out of Philly then resigning here coming in for the franchise QB at the time on the bingo card

And for the record, I don’t think this years issues were Sirianni’s fault. With that said, if they want to move on from him for a coach who’s calling plays I’m with it.

Like McLane….? Lol
I don’t know them like McLane but I’ve seen players and agents call them out in ******** before.

I memed it for you.

What you are saying with these coordinators is 90% of this teams issues.

They also failed to replace guys on defense. Losing CJ and Edward’s and White were bigger than people think. Both slay and Bradberry should have either been replaced or kept 1 not both. The essential kept bradberry over keeping CJ.

Failed to get an adequate #3 wR and get a RB to compliment Swift as well as upgrade TE2.

They kept relying on older guys and it finally caught up to them finally. Cordinators are an issue but so is some of the personnel.

BLG

Can’t fire Nick Sirianni, three straight years in the playoffs!

(Just gloss over the two years where they absolutely got their asses kicked by the Bucs in the wild card round)

Users who are viewing this thread