What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (5 Viewers)

LIBUROL MEDIA!@@2@14`4134

In the summer of 2016, FBI Agent Peter Strzok had just wrapped up the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and was embarking on a probe into Moscow’s interference in the presidential election. As he watched the Republican National Convention and scanned intelligence reports and news stories, he made clear how he felt about his new target: “##### the cheating motherf*cking Russians,” he texted in late July. “Bastards. I hate them.”

“I think they’re probably the worst,” texted Mr. Strzok, who had spent years tracking Russian spies and was familiar with their tactics. “F*cking conniving cheating savages. At statecraft, athletics, you name it. I’m glad I’m on Team USA.”
Texts critical of Mr. Trump represent a fraction of the roughly 7,000 messages, which stretch across 384 pages and show no evidence of a conspiracy against Mr. Trump. Rather, a broader look shows an unvarnished and complex picture of the lives of an FBI agent and lawyer who found themselves at the center of highly charged probes.
They logged long hours and frequently worked on weekends. They seemed dedicated to their jobs but didn’t hesitate to chastise or criticize many others beyond Mr. Trump, including their colleagues and each other. In deeply personal office chatter, they come across as intense, ambitious and unsure of their standing in the bureau.

After serving as the lead agent on the investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s server while she was secretary of state, Mr. Strzok was promoted to deputy assistant director of the FBI’s counterintelligence division.

A longtime spy-hunter, he was tasked with helping supervise the Russia probe. After Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel for the probe on May 17, Mr. Strzok joined his office as its top agent.

Yet, he was ambivalent about taking the job, even if Mr. Mueller’s investigation was one that was certain to end up “in the history books.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-the-fbi-life-of-peter-strzok-and-lisa-page-as-told-in-their-text-messages-1517589380?mod=e2twus

John McCain is going to have streets and schools and airports named after him.  Dude will go out as a true hero and patriot.

John McCain: "The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests – no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s... If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him."

Last edited by a moderator:
My main thought is: Trump, Nunes, Ryan, the House Republicans: 

what a bunch of ####ers. All of them. Screw these guys. 
Sure, but don't forget that they're in power because of Republicans all up and down the line. The state reps and governors that gerrymandered their districts and adopted voter suppression measures to help protect and empower Republicans. If not for them Ryan isn't the Speaker and Nunes isn't the head of the Intelligence Committee. All the people pretending to be the "conscience" of the party who have kept that R next to their name well after it's become obvious what the party has become. And on down the line.

I've voted third party or even Republican in various local elections before, but never again, at least not for a while. Time to unite and vote straight ticket for what is, despite its many flaws, the only thing that can stop this madness.

Mike Levine‏ @MLevineReports 15m15 minutes ago

Atty Gen Jeff Sessions went off script at human trafficking event this morn to praise Deputy Atty Gen Rod Rosenstein, a reported target of Nunes memo. Noting Rosenstein has 27 yrs at DOJ, Sessions said Rosenstein represents "the kind of quality & leadership that we want" in DOJ.

John McCain is going to have streets and schools and airports named after him.  Dude will go out as a true hero and patriot.

John McCain: "The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests – no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s... If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him."
There is no way to leverage a guy with nothing to lose.  

Literally the only thing noteworthy is it admits the Papadopulos information is what caused the counterintelligence investigation to be opened (which is huge news).  That's it.  That's in Point 5.

Plus that refutes everything else in the memo.

Just incredible.  

:lmao:

Holy #### that is bad.  Poorly written, blatantly partisan, and entirely focused on a FISA application for one man that anyone can conclude was a more than reasonable surveillance target.

It's also incredibly obvious that the White House basically wrote it at Trump's direction, as it brings up Papadopoulos, Strozak and Page for no obvious reason and rambles on about them for a bit even though it has nothing to do with FISA or the rest of the memo.

I thought it would be a joke, and it's worse than even I expected.

:lmao:

Holy #### that is bad.  Poorly written, blatantly partisan, and entirely focused on a FISA application for one man that anyone can conclude was a more than reasonable surveillance target.

It's also incredibly obvious that the White House basically wrote it at Trump's direction, as it brings up Papadopoulos, Strozak and Page for no obvious reason and rambles on about them for a bit even though it has nothing to do with FISA or the rest of the memo.

I thought it would be a joke, and it's worse than even I expected.
Ah, but it admits the information on Papadopoulos was what started the investigation, not the Steele memo.

Incorrect...It admits the information on Papadopoulos was what started the investigation, not the Steele memo.
Right, but that has nothing to do with whether the FISA application was improperly prepared or approved, which was ostensibly the subject of the memo.

Honestly the whole thing reads like an effort to undermine Steele's credibility so people don't think the pee tape is real.  I expected them to go after the FBI a lot harder.

So, it'll be about 1:00 when Trump tweets that he's been totally vindicated?

Right, but that has nothing to do with whether the FISA application was improperly prepared or approved, which was ostensibly the subject of the memo.

Honestly the whole thing reads like an effort to undermine Steele's credibility so people don't think the pee tape is real.  I expected them to go after the FBI a lot harder.
I mean they are just cherry picking the FISA stuff (and not even well).  The whole thing is comical and frankly I have more faith in the FBI/DOJ after reading it.   

Users who are viewing this thread