What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (6 Viewers)

and won THE PRESIDENCY in a historic electoral landslide
Not that you are curious enough to give a ####, but here is the list of Presidents that won with a larger electoral difference than the historical landslide by Trump

Obama (x2), Clinton (x2), Bush Sr, Reagan (x2), Nixon (x2), LBJ, JFK, Eisenhower (x2), Truman, FDR (x3), Hoover, and on and on and on

Not that you are curious enough to give a ####, but here is the list of Presidents that won with a larger electoral difference than the historical landslide by Trump

Obama (x2), Clinton (x2), Bush Sr, Reagan (x2), Nixon (x2), LBJ, JFK, Eisenhower (x2), Truman, FDR (x3), Hoover, and on and on and on
But he's more popular than Abraham Lincoln!!!

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

See Paragraph 44 of this indictment.

See the Papadopolus plea, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

See the Don Junior meeting evidence
Papadopoulos did not plea to trying to get Russia to hack email and we have no idea what Don Jr. talked about in those meetings.

I imagine Mueller might.

OK we know that Knowledge Dropper and other Trump supporters find all of this perfectly acceptable. The question is, will the general public find it acceptable as well? I guess we'll find out in November.

Papadopoulos did not plea to trying to get Russia to hack email and we have no idea what Don Jr. talked about in those meetings.

I imagine Mueller might.
I've noticed you've been very careful today jonessed.

I know that you're a traditional conservative, and that you've defended some of the things Trump has done, (though not all), and that you're quite critical of liberals. But I'm guessing you're starting to suspect something's wrong about all of this, aren't you? That it's going to go badly in the end for Trump?

OK we know that Knowledge Dropper and other Trump supporters find all of this perfectly acceptable. The question is, will the general public find it acceptable as well? I guess we'll find out in November.
The Trump Party has made it clear they serve Russia. We're long past the days of trying to find out why they do or if they will ever change. They won't. It's pointless to engage them. 

How many other Americans who truly care about our country and our democracy will determine the immediate and possibly long-term future. 

And?  Was it solicited?  Did he get it?  Did he know where it was from? What did he do with it?  Why isn’t he already indicted?
How many times are you going to move your own goalpost? This is what you said:

Of course most people care that Russia attempted to interfere in the election.

Right now we actually don’t know how Trump’s campaign was involved or if they were involved though.  That’s where there is disagreement.

I expect we will know at some point.
It was incorrect. :shrug:

We do know Trump's campaign was actively involved in Russia's interference with the election. We just don't know if it rises to the level of criminal conduct.

We know Donald Junior actively sought dirt on Hillary. We know a whole host of other things, including what is laid out in today's indictment. 

We know the Trump campaign solicited Russian involvement because Trump asked them on camera to do it the day they began doing it. 

I realize that isn't what State TV wants you to believe but that's been true for a long time now and Mueller drove the final nail in that coffin today.

The Trump Party has made it clear they serve Russia. We're long past the days of trying to find out why they do or if they will ever change. They won't. It's pointless to engage them. 

How many other Americans who truly care about our country and our democracy will determine the immediate and possibly long-term future. 
No they haven't. And the votes about NATO yesterday cheered me up about this.

I know I'm going to sound naive here, but I'm going to make yet another prediction: if Mueller actually charges Trump with collusion or some other related crime, the Republican party will turn against President Trump. They haven't been put to that ultimate test, and they might never be- it might be, as jonessed predicted earlier, that all that ever comes out of this is some murky allegation that is not really a clear charge. But if the test actually comes, Republicans will pass it. As will the general public.

I've noticed you've been very careful today jonessed.

I know that you're a traditional conservative, and that you've defended some of the things Trump has done, (though not all), and that you're quite critical of liberals. But I'm guessing you're starting to suspect something's wrong about all of this, aren't you? That it's going to go badly in the end for Trump?
I don’t know.  I’m not sure Mueller even knows yet.

This entire thread is just political mud slinging and guesswork.  Nobody knows squat.

Of course most people care that Russia attempted to interfere in the election.

Right now though we don’t actually know how Trump’s campaign was involved or if they were involved. That’s where there is disagreement.

I expect we will all find out at some point.
Trump doesn't, and he still claims it didn't happen.   Because Putin told him so.  Three whole times!

I don’t know.  I’m not sure Mueller even knows yet.

This entire thread is just political mud slinging and guesswork.  Nobody knows squat.
Wron...

never mind  :kicksrock:

Yes, we are completely in the dark with this entire thing, your claimed "leaks," filed indictments, etc. notwithstanding. 

I suppose you can pine away for something and not be "involved." 

Semantics kick ###.
I'll get out in front of the "Both sides do it" gang by saying that's exactly what Clinton did with Lewinski. He played lawyerish semantics games. 

Of course that was referencing a hummer, not treason.

But I'm sure in the eyes of Sean Hannity the former is much worse than the latter. 

I know I'm going to sound naive here, but I'm going to make yet another prediction: if Mueller actually charges Trump with collusion or some other related crime, the Republican party will turn against President Trump. They haven't been put to that ultimate test, and they might never be- it might be, as jonessed predicted earlier, that all that ever comes out of this is some murky allegation that is not really a clear charge. But if the test actually comes, Republicans will pass it. As will the general public.
We were told this would happen after the Gorsuch pick.  Not happening as I see it.  Too many complicit in this.

Which Republicans that we watched on TV yesterday attack an FBI agent for texting do you believe will oppose Trump should that day come?

How many times are you going to move your own goalpost? This is what you said:

It was incorrect. :shrug:

We do know Trump's campaign was actively involved in Russia's interference with the election. We just don't know if it rises to the level of criminal conduct.

We know Donald Junior actively sought dirt on Hillary. We know a whole host of other things, including what is laid out in today's indictment. 
No, we don’t.  We know some of Trump’s staff lied to the FBI and we know some of them met with Russian officials.  We don’t know anything about whether they conspired with Russia to interfere in the election.

We were told this would happen after the Gorsuch pick.  Not happening as I see it.  Too many complicit in this.
The Republicans have been put to a bunch of little tests and failed every one, just as Democrats would. Most politicians are political cowards, they'll sway whichever way the wind blows.

But a big test is a different thing entirely. In the entire history of the modern Republican party, they have only been put to this kind of test once: when evidence was released that clearly proved that President Nixon was guilty of a crime. Up until that evidence was released, the GOP defended Nixon as strongly as they are defending Trump now. But when that evidence was released, they passed the test: reluctantly, but they passed it. They will again.

No, we don’t.  We know some of Trump’s staff lied to the FBI and we know some of them met with Russian officials.  We don’t know anything about whether they conspired with Russia to interfere in the election.
We do know that Russia did interfere with the election.

Of course most people care that Russia attempted to interfere in the election.

Right now we actually don’t know how Trump’s campaign was involved or if they were involved though.  That’s where there is disagreement.

I expect we will know at some point.
Yes, yes we do (at least in part). We just don't know if it rises to the level of criminality.

This is a rough day for GOPers.  I expect them to play rope-a-dope until at least the Sunday talk shows when new talking points are disseminated.
Hannity regrettably doesn't have the bandwidth to cover today's indictments. He's got his hands full doing a deep dive into Uranium One tonight.

And?  Was it solicited?  Did he get it?  Did he know where it was from? What did he do with it?  Why isn’t he already indicted?
Does it matter if he gladly met to find out?  After the campaign was warned Russia might try to compromise them and failed to notify the FBI of the contact?

You do realize he was joking?  It’s part of Trump’s schtick and why he had the #1 TV  show, iconic Art of The Deal business tome, and won THE PRESIDENCY ... the first time he appeared on a ballot.  
I'm just going to say this is an actual defense that Trump would use. He's a clown. He is constantly bull####ting, exaggerating, contorting and even lying about things he doesn't understand. He was a tv celebrity and airport bookstore pop-business icon, not a politician or anyone having any knowledge about anything useful for the presidency. That is true. The Trump lawyers would say that also.

And Dinsy's point is true too: the allegation in the indictment makes sense as a gesture towards Trump if there is external evidence, like communications or testimony, suggesting it was a prearranged signal. Without that yeah it is tougher.

But still, there is classical precedent even if it was mere coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that a world full of betas can’t grasp the mindset of alphas is a big reason so many get triggered over so little.  
I like you, we both enjoy boxing and while I’m Motor City Cobra guy, I respect the hell out of Hager but I have to ask what in gods name are you talking about?

Does it matter if he gladly met to find out?  After the campaign was warned Russia might try to compromise them and failed to notify the FBI of the contact?
An interesting legal question:

Is he actively obstructing justice or aiding and abetting Russia in its efforts by continuing to intentionally / negligently undermine the investigation and reject the findings of the IC, undermining sanctions, etc. 

:coffee:   I LOVE IT

Jun 3, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting. 

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best
Rob Goldstone

Jun 3, 2016, at 10:53, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,
Don

Sent from my iPhone
WAIT! HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

:lmao:

We serve the truth. If Trump is guilty then bring in our flamethrowing right handed closer, Mike Pence.  

The fact that a world full of betas can’t grasp the mindset of alphas is a big reason so many get triggered over so little.  
I like you, we both enjoy boxing and while I’m Motor City Cobra guy, I respect the hell out of Hager but I have to ask what in gods name are you talking about?

We're here.  And this is AFTER we were vehemently told no one associated with the campaign had any contact with Russians.  None, silly to even bring it up.  And now we're here.

:coffee:   I LOVE IT

Jun 3, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting. 

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best
Rob Goldstone

Jun 3, 2016, at 10:53, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,
Don

Sent from my iPhone
Who is Emin? Is it Eminence?

We serve the truth. If Trump is guilty then bring in our flamethrowing right handed closer, Mike Pence.  
I don’t know what exactly he is guilty of but you have to admit something is f’d up when the FBI is giving him all the evidence showing 500k Americans were hacked by the Russian government in an attempt to impact our election and he’s still Tweeting out that it’s fake and the investigation has to end. 

Users who are viewing this thread