What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (7 Viewers)

I believe he is happy they caught the Russian hackers.   :shrug: I know I am.
Weebs claims that saying the Russians interfered with the election is advancing a narrative, which I assume he believes is a narrative of the left.  He still denies that they interfered.   So Paul Ryan must be part of a deep state conspiracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must I? We've gone from the Admin and supporters saying there was ZERO contact with Russians to now having to meet your standard of placing 36 indictments /charges (36!!) into categories to satisfy your world view (for now  --until hence having to move the goalposts again)
That’s not what I’m doing at all, but ok.  I’m simply asking of the 36 (36!!!) indictments, how many are for crimes related to the 2016 election  by admin officials.  The answer to that is none.  Maybe there’s evidence that we don’t know about.  Maybe there are indictments coming down the pike.  We don’t know what we don’t know.  What we do know is that the 36 (36!!!!!!!!) indictments don’t Actually point to wrongdoing by Trump or his administration. You want them to, I think some of you need them to. But unfortunately they do not.

There’s no goalpost moving, because I never set any to begin with.  

Maybe someone else has brought this up but a theory I have on the ‘find Hillary’s email’ statement is that it was a request from Putin to show loyalty.

I don’t believe that the Russian intelligence agents who were running the hacking hadn’t thought of finding Hillary’s lost emails until Trump suggested it.

A more likely scenario IMO is that Trump received a request through intermediaries  that Russia wanted a public show of loyalty before continuing with their hacking campaign. Trumps way of doing that - making the public request for Russia to find the missing emails. 

Now imagine that the person who delivered that message to Trump is one of the people cooperating with Mueller - Papadopoulos, Gates or Flynn. Tough to deny collusion and Trump’s direct involvement if you have Russia asking Trump to do something, he does it and the Russians follow through on their end and increase the hacking.

The theory extends back to the Mayflower Hotel speech where he promised a ‘good deal’ on sanctions with the Russian ambassador in attendance followed by the platform change at the RNC. These too could be actions Russia requested from Trump before they started helping him. Tough to prove unless you have the messenger(s) who delivered the request...
Or he was just riffing like he has 5,342,675 times prior to and since.  Your theory makes more sense though.

Lets not mince words - the GOP does not like this narrative - at all.

Sure, they can parse the words and say - this was Russia, and not Trump.  But the reason the House GOP could not even acknowledge that - despite their exhaustive investigation, is that even if this does not directly implicate Trump - there will always be an asterisk next to the election.  It will aways carry the implication that Trump only won because of Russian interference.

That is probably true - but we'll never know for sure.  But that is at the heart of why the GOP had to be dragged kicking and screaming to this point - they are worried about the legitimacy of the election.  So, now that Mueller converted the latest first down, the GOP defense will rally around two issues:  Trump did no wrong, and the interference had no effect.  (And: "You have no evidence to the contrary!")

But, this is, and continues to be the biggest scandal in most our life-times.  I think this is bigger than Watergate.  A foreign power executed a plan to covertly influence our election process - and succeeded.  Its time to recognize the significance of that - and figure out how to process that information, and deal with it going forward.  No more sticking you head in the sand.

(((DeanObeidallah))) (@DeanObeidallah)

7/12/18, 8:04 AM

WATCH Hillary at Oct 19, 2016 debate warning Trump will try to break up NATO because it's on "Putin's wish list." She also predicts Putin was hacking 2016 election to help Trump win which was just confirmed by GOP led Senate Intel Committee. Like today Trump denies Russia did it: pic.twitter.com/fjeOlYi9EH

Or he was just riffing like he has 5,342,675 times prior to and since.  Your theory makes more sense though.
That’s pretty effective riffing. Ask the country who is hacking to help you to do something and suddenly it starts happening. Weird that his riffing about Hillary going to jail and the Mueller probe ending haven’t had the same results. Wonder why that is.

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

Meadows also said he sees NO need for Lisa Page to return for public session after her second private hearing on Monday. Dems believe GOP would look worse than they did in yesterday’s raucous hearing with Strzok if they brought her in for public session
What a joke, and isn’t this sad. Page should be allowed to testify.

That’s pretty effective riffing. Ask the country who is hacking to help you to do something and suddenly it starts happening. Weird that his riffing about Hillary going to jail and the Mueller probe ending haven’t had the same results. Wonder why that is.
The hacking was happening before and after that statement

(((DeanObeidallah))) (@DeanObeidallah)

7/12/18, 8:04 AM

WATCH Hillary at Oct 19, 2016 debate warning Trump will try to break up NATO because it's on "Putin's wish list." She also predicts Putin was hacking 2016 election to help Trump win which was just confirmed by GOP led Senate Intel Committee. Like today Trump denies Russia did it: pic.twitter.com/fjeOlYi9EH
She was right about so many things. 

The people that hate her, whose motto in 2016 was “anyone but Hillary” have never been able to provide a reasonable explanation for it. Too bad, she would have been a splendid President. We missed out. 

That’s not what I’m doing at all, but ok.  I’m simply asking of the 36 (36!!!) indictments, how many are for crimes related to the 2016 election  by admin officials.  The answer to that is none.  Maybe there’s evidence that we don’t know about.  Maybe there are indictments coming down the pike.  We don’t know what we don’t know.  What we do know is that the 36 (36!!!!!!!!) indictments don’t Actually point to wrongdoing by Trump or his administration. You want them to, I think some of you need them to. But unfortunately they do not.

Since you are parsing down to admin officials, I give you Michael Flynn.  He was the NSA, which is an administration position, and not just part of the campaign.  He was indicted, and plead guilty.  

The defendant, MICHAEL T. FLYNN, who served as a surrogate and national security advisor for the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump ("Campaign"), as a senior member of President-Elect Trump's Transition Team ("Presidential Transition Team"), and as the National Security Advisor to President Trump, made materially false statements and omissions during an interview with the Federal Bureau of Investigation ("FBI") on January 24, 2017, in Washington, D.C. At the time of the interview, the FBI had an open investigation into the Government of Russia's ("Russia") efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, including the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Campaign and Russia, and whether there was any coordination between the Campaign and Russia's efforts.

SaintsInDome2006 said:

What a joke, and isn’t this sad. Page should be allowed to testify.
The Republicans don't want to be seen treating a woman the way that they treated Strzok.

I wish I could say that it's a somewhat noble act, but I very much doubt that nobility had anything to do with their motivations.

Ok dude!!!!!!  If you want to die on that hill, go ahead.

She was right about so many things. 

The people that hate her, whose motto in 2016 was “anyone but Hillary” have never been able to provide a reasonable explanation for it. Too bad, she would have been a splendid President. We missed out. 
please stop this.  she was abhorrent. I voted for her because of the alternative, but she would have been completely ineffective with a republican house and senate and would have energized republican voters to keep it that way.   

David Kris‏Verified account @DavidKris

FollowFollow @DavidKris

More

I suspect that POTUS and his closest advisors are and should be worried that, depending on the evidence, Mueller’s next steps will make it feel like the walls are closing in. 6/6

3:28 PM - 13 Jul 2018

:stirspot:
The article from a while back about the different layers of the investigation would be worth revisiting. An series of layers of Fara and perjury indictments, money laundering, foreign influence, hacking, obstruction, espionage and campaign finance with accompanying reports would emerge, or at least that was what was predicted. I see nothing contrary to that so far. Getting Trump’s testimony on the obstruction piece is proving to be a hitch, but that’s only hurting Trump in the long run.

How could all this have happened?  I mean...We know that it happened while Obama was POTUS and he knew about it...

I mean, hell....he told Putin to "cut it out"!  You can't get much tougher than that!

What else could anyone have possibly done to prevent this?
The only thing tougher than your imagined scenario would be the actual scenario when Trump asked him in person, a couple of times, and was told "no." Then he shrugged and said "see? Putin said they didn't do it. And I believe him."

The timing of this raises obvious questions about sabotaging the Trump-Putin summit.  Dems and neocon Republicans now calling for the meet to be canceled. 

In the interest of avoiding war and catastrophic escalation with a major nuclear power, I hope they move forward with the summit.  

She also predicts Putin was hacking 2016 election to help Trump win which was just confirmed by GOP led Senate Intel Committee
This is a little misleading - I am reasonably certain Clinton had the Steele Dossier, or the information it contained, and she (and I think Harry Reid) were trying to get the FBI to acknowledge the investigation by that point in the election.

If I were someone involved that Mueller might be investigating, I'd be freaked the #### out right now. How in the hell does he know all of this? Not only that accounts and servers were compromised by the Russian military. That seems within the realm of things someone could discover, but he knows exactly who was sitting in the chair? I dare anyone of any political stripe to read the indictment and not think "what the holy mother ####."

Is this the fruit of the story from several months ago where the Dutch (or somebody) had hacked the webcams and security cameras and were watching all of this #### happen? Has to be, right? If not, anyone who committed any crime related to this has to have diamonds in their sphincter right now. Imagine what Mueller can do with cooperators, cooperative tech companies getting his subpoenas, and a laundry list of other tactics he wouldn't have had for this indictment. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

The timing of this raises obvious questions about sabotaging the Trump-Putin summit.  Dems and neocon Republicans now calling for the meet to be canceled. 

In the interest of avoiding war and catastrophic escalation with a major nuclear power, I hope they move forward with the summit.  
Oh they’ll meet and Putin will get just what he wanted from it. Though I do wonder about the 1:1 meetup on lover’s lane now.

Oh they’ll meet and Putin will get just what he wanted from it. Though I do wonder about the 1:1 meetup on lover’s lane now.
Putin "getting what he wanted" will be the storyline regardless of what the actual outcomes are.  Even Trump railing against the Nordstream2 pipeline and telling Germany to get off RU natural gas dependence was painted as a "win" for Putin.  Bombing a Russian client state was depicted even by you as a token gesture.  There's no version of reality that can't be contorted to fit the conspiracy theory.  

Putin "getting what he wanted" will be the storyline regardless of what the actual outcomes are.  Even Trump railing against the Nordstream2 pipeline and telling Germany to get off RU natural gas dependence was painted as a "win" for Putin.  Bombing a Russian client state was depicted even by you as a token gesture.  There's no version of reality that can't be contorted to fit the conspiracy theory.  
Hm, well let’s see. I think Putin wants uninterrupted coordination of policy and a policy statement of some kind from Trump  (either pro-Russia or anti-West or both) that premiers from Lenin to Andropov could have never dreamed. If that happens and that’s the headline then that headline will be well deserved.

The problem for Putin and Trump as always is when he gets back home he needs State, DOD, NSC, whoever, to do what they ask, and as always the resistance to such requests antithetical to national security can make even the nationalists’ skin crawl. Remember the joint commission on cyber defense where we would show them ours and they’d say thank you very much? Never happened.

Katy Tur asked Trump about the "Russia if you're listening" line after the rally on July 27th.  So Trump had a chance immediately after the event to clarify that he was joking. He did not.
Nixon went down for multiple things he said on tape, privately, in the White House.

Trump will go down for multiple things he said on tape, publicly, on national TV.

How’s that Seth Rich conspiracy theory going?

I might regret asking this question but how is cancelling the summit going to certainly lead to the bold?  You think our "president" is really going to go to war with Russia?  What actions of his give us a single inkling that this would be the case?

I’m fascinated by people with zero self awareness.
I am completely selfaware and already knew someone would go there.  

Still.  I am constantly blown away at how cynical any move by Trump that could conceivably reduce the threat of nuclear war is scoffed at in US media.  I think the majority of people have moved on from 2016 and realize how serious the stakes are here.  

I am completely selfaware and already knew someone would go there.  

Still.  I am constantly blown away at how cynical any move by Trump that could conceivably reduce the threat of nuclear war is scoffed at in US media.  I think the majority of people have moved on from 2016 and realize how serious the stakes are here.  
Quite the straw man...meet with Putin or nuclear war...well played. 

Users who are viewing this thread