What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (1 Viewer)

Is that true that none of her witnesses remember the party and that her friend doesn’t even know Kavanaugh?  How have I missed that 

"He and all his best friends...who knew there was no way to prove their statements...said under the penalty of federal perjury....which they knew couldn't possibly happen....said it didn't happen.  And that's good enough for me!"

I have no doubt that she struggled with this decision and it was fully her right and duty to make it.  
Of course it was.  But that doesn't change the fact that she will remembered as just another Republican Senator, no different from the rest, no matter how she attempted to present herself.

"Yes I'm betraying you in the most important decision that will ever come up on this issue, but I'm still with you! This is a good thing!"

I have no doubt that she struggled with this decision and it was fully her right and duty to make it.  
Of course it was.  But that doesn't change the fact that she will remembered as just another Republican Senator, no different from the rest, no matter how she attempted to present herself
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.  I disagree though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is hilarious that the GOP can, with a straight face, demand transparency and declassify FBI documents in the Russia probe, and at the same time keep this FBI report under lock and key so the American people have no idea how big the gag order was on this investigation.  The hypocrisy is astounding.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs right now.  I hope for your sake that Canada doesn't suffer the same fate.  

"Yes I'm betraying you in the most important decision that will ever come up on this issue, but I'm still with you! This is a good thing!"
Reminds me of when i got into an argument with my wife because she had so many more sexual partners than me.  So she let me have sex with another woman just so I would know it was meaningless without love.  So I did it three times just to make sure.  You think she would have been happy to have been proven right.

Honestly if it we're me I'd probably vote against Kavanaugh, but not because of Ford because not enough evidence. I'd say he's shown to be a political animal without the requisite temperament to be an impartial judge.

I am not sure what the point of the story was other than that rape cases are very hard to prosecute.

It certainly doesn't tell me anything about "why women don't report right away" which I thought was the tone of the Jomar's message.

Kids hurled insults at Wyatt in the halls and casually chatted about the news in class. Many of her former friends would no longer associate with her. Wyatt says she received threats and slurs by text messages, people telling her to kill herself, saying she got what was coming to her. Wyatt’s friendships with her former cheerleading pals grew brittle and strained. “Maybe it was me,” she speculated in 2015. “I mean, I totally changed.”

One night in September, text and MySpace messages began circulating among Martin teens who wanted to show support for the accused by writing “FAITH” on their cars. The lurid acronym — “f--- Amber in the head” — began appearing on rear windows the following morning, metastasizing as quickly as the rumors had. Even Arthur Aven wrote “FAITH” on his car.

On Sept. 29, a Friday morning, spray-painted graffiti appeared on Martin’s exterior wall. It read something like, “Amber is a Whore”; the exact verbiage has been lost to time. Contemporaneous news reports didn’t record the vulgar wording, and Wyatt’s father, Mark Wyatt, who spoke with school authorities about it that morning, didn’t commit it to memory. By the time I saw the wall that day, heading inside from health class in a temporary building behind the school, custodians had already covered it with butcher paper. District officials issued a $1,000 reward for information about who was responsible, but the money was never claimed, and the culprits were never punished.
:shrug:

There's no hate from me, NFL2DF. I believed Christina Ford, I think he tried to rape her. It's that simple. I don't find Senator Collins' arguments compelling. Nor yours.

I don't hate anyone. I just don't think he belongs on the Court. But it's not my decision. Those who make it will be responsible. 
I am reminded of that snickers commercial. 

"Hey that looks great, but who are the Chefs?"

"Great googly moogly." 

Honestly if it we're me I'd probably vote against Kavanaugh, but not because of Ford because not enough evidence. I'd say he's shown to be a political animal without the requisite temperament to be an impartial judge.
Unfortunately there haven’t been many judges that have gone from normal guy to drunken sex crazed gang rapist on all televisions in the country in the course of one week, so it’s hard to say what his temperament should have been.

Users who are viewing this thread