What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

We tried for the Spiderman bundle also but it was sold out.  Got a good deal on a PS4 and 32" tv for my son's (7yo) Hanukkah gift (he saved up most of the money for it himself) from the AAFES store but no game.  I asked him what game he'd like us to get him and he said Fortnite.  CAN DO!!!

Just hope Sony never does anything as useless again for PS5 as the touchpad and the stupid little light on the top of the controller that you don't even see.

Get back to PS3 controller battery life and I'll be happy. Dropped from about 25-30 hours per charge on PS3 to like 7-8 hours on PS4.
I absolutely agree with you on the light. Completely useless and a battery waster.

However I like the touchpad. Even if most devs never really tapped into its potential, by default it's usually used as a menu/inventory/character screen button on most games. And as a constantly interrupted dad, it's handy to be able to quickly thumb tap it to pause instead of pressing that insanely small options button.

Which I feel RDR2 completely screwed up on, as well as making the circle button reload. Friggin rockstar.

I absolutely agree with you on the light. Completely useless and a battery waster.

However I like the touchpad. Even if most devs never really tapped into its potential, by default it's usually used as a menu/inventory/character screen button on most games. And as a constantly interrupted dad, it's handy to be able to quickly thumb tap it to pause instead of pressing that insanely small options button.

Which I feel RDR2 completely screwed up on, as well as making the circle button reload. Friggin rockstar.
On the Home screen (the main interface) of yourPS4, scroll up to the Function area and select Settings -> Devices -> Controllers -> Brightness of DUALSHOCK 4 Light Bar. You will then have your choice of having your light bar brightness set to Bright (Standard), Medium, or Dim.

On the Home screen (the main interface) of yourPS4, scroll up to the Function area and select Settings -> Devices -> Controllers -> Brightness of DUALSHOCK 4 Light Bar. You will then have your choice of having your light bar brightness set to Bright (Standard), Medium, or Dim.
I like the light and I think I've played games that used it...  but I also turned the brightness to Dim long ago because I often play in a dark room.  

belljr said:
This does help some. But the battery life is still sub-par compared to the PS3 controller. I still agree with Shamrock... the light serves no justifiable purpose to keep for PS5.

This does help some. But the battery life is still sub-par compared to the PS3 controller. I still agree with Shamrock... the light serves no justifiable purpose to keep for PS5.
I could support going back to the little light that was on the PS3 controller.  There was like 4 of them and the controller number small light lit up.

My kid says he wants the Pokemon Nintendo Switch for Xmas. Anybody know anything about these?

Checking online I see this is almost $600?? That can't be right. I could get two Xboxes for that!

My kid says he wants the Pokemon Nintendo Switch for Xmas. Anybody know anything about these?

Checking online I see this is almost $600?? That can't be right. I could get two Xboxes for that!
Yea the Pokemon edition is $600. No idea why. You can get just a switch and one of the Pokemon games (Pikachu or Eevee) for a lot less.

Since I now need to give hoping for Blizzard to release a HD master of Diablo 2, I am going to play Diablo 2 for the first time.  At least it runs easily on my non gaming laptop :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been watching it online a bit.  Looks much more complicated than Hearthstone.
It's more complicated for sure. It's also just very fun. you can play for free once you buy it once which is what most people are doing.

Draft Mode is what most streamers are playing.

here's a tier list if you want to try it. Text me any questions...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Artifact/comments/a0zqm7/drafting_tierlist_and_basic_guide_by_nostam_muzzy/

Be sure to read the comments in the thread, not just the link.

ETA: Lifecoach 's stream is probably the funnest version of watching the game

Anyone following Mutant Year One: Road to Eden? Comes out next week, hardly see anything about it. Consoles and PC. 

It's a post-apocalyptic X-COM that has more of an RPG style with 4-5 persistent characters you level up/gear up and real time exploring/stealth/looting before you go into turn-based battle that was ripped right out of X-COM. Kinda goofy anthropomorphic mutant characters, I guess it's based on a tabletop RPG system. Goofy but kinda dark. Very Howard the Duck/Rocket Raccoon. 

Looks really good imo, for what it is. Outside combat it's a lot different from X-COM but in ways that appeal more to me, with a setting/atmosphere that looks more up my alley. The gear/tech/artifacts you find are all misunderstood remnants of human civilization. For instance I saw in a gameplay vid one armor you can find is clearly hockey gear, but the tooltip shows that their best guess is it was gladiators forced to fight on ice for maximum carnage. 

Btw it's easy to mix this game up with that other one that's coming out, Biomutant or whatever. This is different. 

https://youtu.be/OiMlqDn-NFI

Guys school me on Nintendo 2ds xl.

My 7 year old asked for one however we have a switch also.  The games I have looked at for the DS seem pretty meh.  Is it on its way out?

Switch is mine 🤐.  He can play it all he wants I just get weary if he wants to carrry it around.
Yea that's where I get nervous. If they break an $80 DS, I'm annoyed but ultimately no big deal. If they drop and break the $400 switch, I'll be livid.

Wife is getting me a ps4 for Christmas. 

Any must have games?  The only thing I’ve asked for is Bloodborne. I thought about Horizon Zero Dawn too - what is a comparable game to that since I’ve never played it?  Is it more Skyrim or what?

Any must have games?  The only thing I’ve asked for is Bloodborne. I thought about Horizon Zero Dawn too - what is a comparable game to that since I’ve never played it?  Is it more Skyrim or what?
Bloodborne is fantastic if you like that kind of game, which I know you do.  Enjoy.

HZD is extremely good.  I've said it before, but you would naturally expect a "robot dinosaurs" game to be terribad and this is actually good in gameplay especially.  The story also resonated with me.  It's not Skyrim, because you can't just roll whatever game you want.  There is a particular story here that the game is going to tell whether you like it or not.  (You should like it).  Think Assassins Creed or Red Dead Redemption but with better stealth and combat.  Far Cry is also a good comparison.

Incidentally, I currently have two games in my "Game of this Generation" list: Bloodborne and Red Dead Redemption 2.  You've got the first.  Be sure to pick up the second at some point.

Bloodborne is fantastic if you like that kind of game, which I know you do.  Enjoy.

HZD is extremely good.  I've said it before, but you would naturally expect a "robot dinosaurs" game to be terribad and this is actually good in gameplay especially.  The story also resonated with me.  It's not Skyrim, because you can't just roll whatever game you want.  There is a particular story here that the game is going to tell whether you like it or not.  (You should like it).  Think Assassins Creed or Red Dead Redemption but with better stealth and combat.  Far Cry is also a good comparison.

Incidentally, I currently have two games in my "Game of this Generation" list: Bloodborne and Red Dead Redemption 2.  You've got the first.  Be sure to pick up the second at some point.
Bloodborne (love all the dark souls games), the eventual release of The Last of Us 2, and The Show is pretty much why I’m getting the system.  I’ll prob give horizon zero dawn a shot too. 

Ive got RDR2 on Xb1. I’m still having a bit of a hard time getting into it, but have enjoyed it overall so far. I keep getting distracted and playing PUBG though. 

Id say the games I feel most strongly about this generation are R6 Siege and PUBG for multiplayer, Dark Souls 3 and Witcher 3 for single player. 

Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of the most fantastic game stories I have ever experienced. I couldn't wait to finish the main story just to find out what happened.

Guys school me on Nintendo 2ds xl.

My 7 year old asked for one however we have a switch also.  The games I have looked at for the DS seem pretty meh.  Is it on its way out?
Unless your seven year old wants to relive the nostalgia of SNES era games and plans to browserhack  and menuhack into it to run emulators that can play games from that era, then yeah it's pretty meh. 

The 2DS/3DS is probably the best portable emulation device out there.

Hey guys, any PC gamers in here?  I just found out one of my sons has a gaming PC at the top of his Christmas list.  I was pretty much blowing it off because they already have an XBOX One and a Nintendo Switch and I didn't want them gaming any more than the limited amount we allow them now.  I'd rather push them in the direction of less gaming than make it seem like we're enabling them to do more.  But, just heard that their cousins that they are close with and play online with all the time are EACH getting one for Christmas, WTF?  So I'm thinking its going to be a ####show I'm going to hear about all year if I don't get one... I mean, it will be a magical Christmas if the boys get ONE gaming PC.

Anyway, having not looked into this at all and having missed Black Friday and Cyber Monday, etc :wall:  any suggestions for a good system to buy for kids that are basically going to use it mostly for Fortnight (but don't want it to be obsolete for the next fad either)?

TIA! 

Hey guys, any PC gamers in here?  I just found out one of my sons has a gaming PC at the top of his Christmas list.  I was pretty much blowing it off because they already have an XBOX One and a Nintendo Switch and I didn't want them gaming any more than the limited amount we allow them now.  I'd rather push them in the direction of less gaming than make it seem like we're enabling them to do more.  But, just heard that their cousins that they are close with and play online with all the time are EACH getting one for Christmas, WTF?  So I'm thinking its going to be a ####show I'm going to hear about all year if I don't get one... I mean, it will be a magical Christmas if the boys get ONE gaming PC.

Anyway, having not looked into this at all and having missed Black Friday and Cyber Monday, etc :wall:  any suggestions for a good system to buy for kids that are basically going to use it mostly for Fortnight (but don't want it to be obsolete for the next fad either)?

TIA! 
Yea you're ####ed. Gaming PC is a whole different animal from the consoles. Consoles are easy. One price, it's all put together. You don't need to tweak anything.

Gaming PC can run a wide range of how good/expensive you want it to be. The best ones on the market go into the $2000 range. A decent one is still going to be in the $1200 range. You can go under $1000 but it will be parts that are 3-4 years old and you will probably have to build it yourself.

Building one can be a good experience, but now that I'm older it's more a PITA than anything else.  When I upgraded last I bought a gaming laptop.  Graphics cards are king imo, followed by RAM.  Mine is a couple years old now so I wouldn't necessarily go with my specific rig.  Look and see what is out there for Alienware and ROG, you might still be able to find some deals.

TIA! 
Micro Center 

Looks like they have one somewhere near you.  They'll be cheaper than an Alienware.  I can't speak for the Penn location, but the one in Minnesota has a great reputation.  I've had a couple of friends decide to just buy from them instead of build their own.

To play Fortnite - I built mine 7 years ago for $700 (not including monitor/keyboard/mouse) and had to update my video card.  It plays fine.  The 500-600 computer would play it fine.  Looks like it would play COD Black op.  Looks like it meets the minimum requirements for Battlefield V also.

I usually get 2+ years out of it and then upgrade to RAM (because it's usually pretty cheap) and a video card (not cheap, but this is what becomes obsolete quickest).

As some one who used to build and upgrade computers like anyone's business, it is amazing to me how little I know about them anymore. Used to love to do it. Now it seems you can just buy a good rig almost as cheaply.

Thoughts on this one?

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8060A5 Gaming PC (Intel i5-8400 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, WiFi & Win 10) Black

Finished up Shadow of Tomb Raider a couple weeks ago.  I love the series as I think it has great combat mechanics, a good loot & crafting system and solid story telling.  However the number and length of cut-scenes gets exhausting and a lot of them you cant skip either.  FFS just let me go loot and kill already!!!

Moved on to Prey after Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it might be my GotY.  It is absolutely a spiritual successor to System Shock & Bioshock with a little Deus Ex mixed in with the way you can take multiple approaches to clearing objectives.  Great story (without too much on the cut scenes), cool enemies and if you're a story driven  gamer it really challenges your perceptions of reality.  It is also dark and even haunting at times even if many levels are bright and open.

Absolutely highly recommend and encourage everyone to buy because I want them to continue the series.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of the most fantastic game stories I have ever experienced. I couldn't wait to finish the main story just to find out what happened.
I'm going to ask for Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn.

I eventually want to try Shadow of the Colossus as well, maybe God of War (but I've never played any of these before), and maybe Nioh as well.  I bought a PS3 late in its life basically just for The Last of Us and The Show, I'll definitely be getting the Last of Us 2 and the newest version of the Show when it comes out as well.

Thoughts on this one?

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8060A5 Gaming PC (Intel i5-8400 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, WiFi & Win 10) Black
The 3G on the 1060 graphics card is a tiny bit limiting on AAA level games at the highest settings.   The 8G ram is something you also probably want to bump to 16G after you get it.

I can't speak to the motherboard or the power supply but you should note those are two very high failure points and they are the areas that the prebuilt machines can some times skimp on to get their prices down.

I eventually want to try Shadow of the Colossus as well, maybe God of War (but I've never played any of these before), and maybe Nioh as well.  I bought a PS3 late in its life basically just for The Last of Us and The Show, I'll definitely be getting the Last of Us 2 and the newest version of the Show when it comes out as well.
I picked up God of War on sale this past weekend and it is my first entry in the series. I've been debating on Shadow of the Colussus for quite awhile too. Pretty cheap nowadays. It's actually in my GameStop cart along with FO4 and Dishonored 2.

Thoughts on this one?

That's a fine system. The 1060 is a solid card, he'll be able to play any games for the next 3-5 years. Fine, maybe not on ultra settings but that issue tops the list of first world problems. Good price point. 

Solid option all around.

That's a fine system. The 1060 is a solid card, he'll be able to play any games for the next 3-5 years. Fine, maybe not on ultra settings but that issue tops the list of first world problems. Good price point. 

Solid option all around.
Great, thanks guys!  Now just need to learn about monitors...

Bought Super Smash Bros, been playing for the last 30 minutes or so. First time playing this series, seems fun but I have no clue what I’m doing 

Moe. said:
Bought Super Smash Bros, been playing for the last 30 minutes or so. First time playing this series, seems fun but I have no clue what I’m doing 
Yea that about sums it up. It'll start to come to you 

Users who are viewing this thread

• cj*
  • jwb