What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft #1 - round 3?? (1 Viewer)

1.31 L.A. Rams Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi St.

With Joyner possibly leaving as a free agent, Abram, touted by many to be this year's top safety, could fill that hole. Hard to pass on the talent left on the offensive side of the ball but I feel the Rams are very solid there despite the 3 points in the Super Bowl.

1.32 - New England Patriots - Marquise Brown, WR Oklahoma

Need to replace Gronk and get better on defense. But their WR corps is bad and they showed their hand in acquiring Gordon. I don't know which WR they'd prefer - there are several options here - but can you imagine the YAC Brown would get in this offense?

2.01 - Arizona Cardinals - David Edwards OT Wisconsin

Still growing into the position, he can start on the right side and progress to the left.

Need to replace Gronk and get better on defense. But their WR corps is bad and they showed their hand in acquiring Gordon. I don't know which WR they'd prefer - there are several options here - but can you imagine the YAC Brown would get in this offense?
I love the idea and it's only going to help Edelman and Sony having a field stretcher but can Brady even throw the ball far enough to connect to Brown? 

Ilov80s said:
Yeah, that is definitely a concern. His weight at the combine will be important. He's listed at 235 but who knows. The Draft Network has him a top 10 player in the draft and he dominated in college. He is super explosive but he might not be able to play on run downs. 
He makes Vic Beasley look enormous by comparison if the guesstimates about his weight are correct.

If he can't play run downs then he likely shouldn't be a 1st round pick.

He makes Vic Beasley look enormous by comparison if the guesstimates about his weight are correct.

If he can't play run downs then he likely shouldn't be a 1st round pick.
His testing will be super important obviously. If he is 225 or if he isn't explosive than I won't be happy with this pick. There are draft experts (hate that word but The DraftNetwork is made up of people who cover the draft process 365 so they are as close as it gets)that  think he will be able to play the run- they have him as a top 5 prospect in the draft. If he is an elite pass rusher, I don't really care what he can do on run downs. The ability to rush the passer is king IMO and I think he might be the best in the class at it. One of the guys at TDN said he is the best pass rusher to come out in several years.  

His testing will be super important obviously. If he is 225 or if he isn't explosive than I won't be happy with this pick. There are draft experts (hate that word but The DraftNetwork is made up of people who cover the draft process 365 so they are as close as it gets)that  think he will be able to play the run- they have him as a top 5 prospect in the draft. If he is an elite pass rusher, I don't really care what he can do on run downs. The ability to rush the passer is king IMO and I think he might be the best in the class at it. One of the guys at TDN said he is the best pass rusher to come out in several years.  
Oh I have been looking at the guy obviously.

I have seen some such as Walter Football list him as lighter than 220lbs there are defensive backs heavier than him if thats the case.

This is why I bring up Vic Bearley who was also a 1st round pick but because of his limitations had to be used as a situational player. 

I'm biased as SF might want one in 2 picks here, but Harry or AJ Brown are both likely to be drafted in rd 1 early 2.

2.2 (34) Indianapolis - N'Keal Harry WR Arizona St

Colts need a big target to compliment TY Hilton and Harry makes some Mike Evans like plays at 6'4, 215. Colts O should be excellent next year with Harry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colts need a big target to compliment TY Hilton and Harry makes some Mike Evans like plays at 6'4, 215. Colts O should be excellent next year with Harry.
I was strongly considering Harry for the Ravens pick.

They suck at picking WR though. Couldn't do that to him.

2.3 Raiders- Noah Fant TE Iowa

Missing Harry by one spot is a bummer as he’s my top WR and the Raiders have to get Carr (or whoever replaces him in 2020) some help in the passing game. Fant is a special athlete with rare speed and leaping ability for a man of his size. I think having a dangerous TE is really important to a successful modern NFL offense. 

That’s such an exciting pairing. I would be all in on that offense if they got Harry to pair with TY and Ebron. 

2.4 (36) San Francisco - A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss

San Fran upgrades their WR corps to Brown, Pettis, Goodwin and helps take some attention away from Kittle. Jimmy G will eat. There are a variety of opinions on Brown, but a strong possession receiver should be his floor. Getting him in rd 2 is a win for SF here.

@Dr. Octopus NYG are on the clock

last 5 picks

2.01 - Arizona Cardinals - David Edwards OT Wisconsin

2.2 - Indianapolis - N'Keal Harry WR Arizona St

2.3 - Raiders- Noah Fant TE Iowa

2.4  - San Francisco - A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss

2.06 Jacksonville Jaguars select CB Trayvon Mullen, Clemson

Jags can use another cornerback at this point and Mullen fits the mold of the system. 

Tampa Bay trades the 39th pick overall to Miami for their 2019 2nd and 3rd round selections. 

With the 39th pick the Miami Dolphins select:

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri 

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
2.8 - Buffalo Bills Hakeem Butler WR Iowa St

Bills need a WR like Butler to help out Josh Allen.  He could develop into a true #1 for the Bills with Zay in the slot and Foster as a deep threat.  Surrounding Allen with more protection and more talent should be top priorities for the Bills.  

We could use a DL and a CB, but I kinda trust Beanne and McDermott to find gems later in the draft at those positions.  

2.9 - Denver Broncos - Daniel Jones QB Duke

If Lock drops in the real draft like he did here it wouldn't surprise to see Elway trade up for him or Jones.. If it fell that way, it'd be a coup for him because getting a good young QB on a 5 year contract for cheap is how you beat the salary cap,.

Even this would be a good situation where they could season Jones for a bit. Lock and Jones should both develop into good quarterbacks.

2.10 - Cincinnati Bengals - Irv Smith Jr. TE Alabama

Eifert has been done for a couple years now. Smith would open up an offense with skills that compliment Green, Boyd, and Mixon and could be fun to watch. He's lost in the talk about the Iowa tight ends but it's good in his own right. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2.11 Lions- Nasir Adderley DB Delaware 

Grover Quinn really struggled last year at 33 it looks like he is done. The Lions can save money cutting him. The Lions have some good young versatile DBs in Quandre Diggs and Tracy Walker but I’m going to add another. Adderley has experience at corner and safety. He’s got great range, closing speed and is a ball hawk. Can’t ever have enough athletes in the back half in this pass happy NFL. 

2.11 Lions- Nasir Adderley DB Delaware 

Grover Quinn really struggled last year at 33 it looks like he is done. The Lions can save money cutting him. The Lions have some good young versatile DBs in Quandre Diggs and Tracy Walker but I’m going to add another. Adderley has experience at corner and safety. He’s got great range, closing speed and is a ball hawk. Can’t ever have enough athletes in the back half in this pass happy NFL. 
Damn. This guy is legit. No idea what he was doing at Delaware. Nice pick. 

2.9 - Denver Broncos - Daniel Jones QB Duke

If Lock drops in the real draft like he did here it wouldn't surprise to see Elway trade up for him or Jones.. If it fell that way, it'd be a coup for him because getting a good young QB on a 5 year contract for cheap is how you beat the salary cap,.

Even this would be a good situation where they could season Jones for a bit. Lock and Jones should both develop into good quarterbacks.
Don't you need to spend a first-rounder for that (5 yrs)?  Or, are you suggesting they would trade up into the end of rnd 1?

Don't you need to spend a first-rounder for that (5 yrs)?  Or, are you suggesting they would trade up into the end of rnd 1?
Yes, I wasn't very clear but I meant that if Lock/Jones start creeping into the late 20's then I can see Elway trading into the first to take one.

Yes, I wasn't very clear but I meant that if Lock/Jones start creeping into the late 20's then I can see Elway trading into the first to take one.
I agree. If either of them make it to the end of the 1st, someone will move up for one or both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread