What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft #1 - round 3?? (1 Viewer)

3.02 Raiders- Riley Ridley WR Georgia

I’m not totally sold on him but he represents what seems to be the last potential WR1 in the draft. Adding Ridley and Fant adds some much needed youth to the passing attack. 

Last edited by a moderator:
3.3 San Francisco - Te'Von Coney ILB Notre Dame

49ers have now filled needs with talent at EDGE, WR, ILB. With their salary cap space being fairly large, they have a chance if they do things well to improve dramatically in 2019.

Help me out.... What's changed in this order for our draft here?

3rd Round

65 Arizona -  JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR Stanford

66 Oakland - Riley Ridley WR Georgia

67 San Francisco - Te'Von Coney ILB Notre Dame

68 NY Jets

69 Jacksonville

70 Tampa Bay

71 NY Giants - Forfeited

72 Denver

73 Cincinnati

74 New England (DET) 

75 Buffalo

76 Green Bay

77 Washington

78 Carolina

79 Tampa Bay (Miami)

80 Atlanta

81 Cleveland

82 Minnesota

83 Tennessee

84 Pittsburgh

85 Seattle

86 Baltimore

87 Houston

88 Chicago

89 Detroit (PHI)

90 Indianapolis

91 Dallas

92 LA Chargers

93 Kansas City

94 NY Jets (NO) 

95 Jacksonville (LAR )

96 Cleveland  (NE)

Grahamburn said:
Unfortunately in this particular draft the fruits of that trade never get realized. 
Yeah good point.

Maybe the guy I like falls to their 3rd round pick.

The Vikings don't have a 4th rounder this year or I would try that.

@Duckboy is up with Jacksonville. 
3rd round, we're just going to keep this moving.

3.69 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Parris Campbell WR tOSU

At this stage of the draft, guys will have their flaws. But having two guys with the suddenness of Westbrook and Campbell paired with Kyler Murray sure would be interesting. Talk about a track meet!

Here.

Tampa Bay selects Germaine Pratt, LB, NC State.

Kwon Alexander is a free agent and is more splash than substance.  Pratt is one of the few LB's actually available in this draft who can cover more than grass. 

3.8 - Denver - Tytus Howard OL Alabama St

The Athletic's Dane Brugler says Alabama State T Tytus Howard "has the feet to play tackle" in the NFL.

Howard (6'5/322) came into the Reese's Senior Bowl weighing about 10 more pounds than advertised, but he looked quick throughout practice reps. Brugler noted that it was good to see Howard bring physicality to practice as well. Considered a "freak show" during his NFL Combine training, Howard has been a hot name early into #DraftSZN and is shaping up as one of the top non-FBS prospects in the class.

3.9 - Cincinnati - Dennis Daley OT S. Carolina

After spending two years at the JUCO level, South Carolina offensive tackle Dennis Daley jumped into the SEC and has played at a high level for most of the past two seasons. Sure, he’ll have his concerns against true speed/bend/quick-twitch rushers due to some footwork concerns in pass protection, but Daley has the strength, impressive strikes and technique to be a starter in the NFL.

3.10 - New England - Oshane Ximines OLB Old Dominion

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. lists Old Dominion edge-rusher Oshane Ximines as a potential first-round pick playing in the Reese's Senior Bowl.

This isn't a huge surprise that Kiper feels this way -- he mocked Ximines going to the Seahawks with the 21st pick in his latest mock -- but it's worth repeating. Kiper notes the 6-foot-3, 253 pound defender has a similar frame to DeMarcus Ware -- he himself a first-round pick out of a small school (Troy) and that they have similar explosiveness. This is an excellent test for Ximines, one that could see his stock price improve exponentially if he performs well.

3.11 - Buffalo Bills - Kaden Smith TE Stanford 

Cutting Clay leaves a wide open hole at TE for the Bills.  Smith is not as good as a receiver as I’d like, but Bills have to reach a little with such a glaring need.  

Not being critical about the Dallas pick in round 2, but there is no way the Cowboys are taking Oline. 

Also, Frederick will be back. 

Not being critical about the Dallas pick in round 2, but there is no way the Cowboys are taking Oline. 

Also, Frederick will be back. 
Critical or not, the purpose of this mock was to generate discussion (and kill some time pre-combine). 

Calling out a pick in a respectful way and any comments that follow is a productive exercise imho.

Critical or not, the purpose of this mock was to generate discussion (and kill some time pre-combine). 

Calling out a pick in a respectful way and any comments that follow is a productive exercise imho.
Was I not respectful?

Pointing out that the logic posted (uncertainty about Fred Beard) is not up to date based on what I hear as a Cowboys fan.

Was I not respectful?

Pointing out that the logic posted (uncertainty about Fred Beard) is not up to date based on what I hear as a Cowboys fan.
You would think DL with an interior starter walking and an edge guy reportedly refusing to be tagged again. There's no telling though, the bigger the need the longer the brass waits to address it. 

3.18 - Minnesota - Terry McLaurin WR tOSU

Boasting two of the best WRs in the game, it may not seem like the Vikes need one but supposed #3 guy Treadwell cost them dearly last year. And guys like Aldrick Robinson, Chad Beebe, and Brandon Zylstra aren't going to fill that void.

3.19 - Tennessee Titans - Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin (guard)

Tough to get a read on guards and where they will go this early, but based on few internet sources I looked at, he's the highest rated remaining guard prospect. Titans need interior line help badly to take the pressure off Mariota who was sacked 47 times last year. Football Outsiders had them as one of the worst pass blocking units in adjusted pass blocking rating which takes into account they tended to run the ball a lot more than most other teams.

3.20 Darrell Henderson RB Memphis 5'9 200lbs - Call me not totally sold on Conners. Henderson could be the best RB in this class and if he's on your team, he's not on the team playing you. His tape looks like a total game-changer.

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
If have selected a RB had you not done so.

3.21 - Seattle - Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls 

From Walter football...
2/9/19: Pipkins was in the running with Syracuse defensive tackle Chris Slayton as the best player at this year's East-West Shrine. The 6-foot-7, 307-pound Pipkins has good length and a nice build to him. He showed nice feet in the position drills, and also used his size, length, and strength to tie up edge rushers in the pass-rushing one-on-ones. Pipkins faces a big jump in competition, but after some developmental time as a backup, he could be a starter. After his strong week in St. Petersburg, team sources said they thought that Pipkins would be a second- or third-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

3.22 - Baltimore - Mecole Hardman WR Georgia

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah reports that "the buzz is starting to build in personnel circles" around Georgia WR Mecole Hardman.

Hardman (5'11/183) is one of the best athletes in the 2019 NFL Draft regardless of position. He has jets with experience as a returner, receiver, and as a corner. Teams are doing their due-diligence on Hardman as a corner, but it would still be a surprise if Hardman wasn't a receiver and returner in the NFL. While Hardman has Round 1 athleticism, he's projected as a Day 2 selection. Jeremiah points to the Baltimore Ravens as a possible second-round landing spot.

3.23 Houston Texans select Julian Love, CB Notre Dame

Some issues with his size and his possible athleticism, the pundits think Love is better suited to the slot role but he seems like good value here. He was great producer and the picture of health at ND. With this selection, Texans could move Aaron Colvin outside which is where he wanted to prove himself upon signing his big contract last year. I'm not ready to totally say Colvin is a bust after one injury plagued year, but his defensive snaps once healthy at the end of the year were pretty troubling. Texans are locked into Colvin for 2019, but if Love pans out, they could then cut Colvin for a pretty decent cap savings in 2020 or beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread