What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NASCAR will have BLM car in next race (1 Viewer)

BigSteelThrill said:
Looked like a lot of things you are wanting to believe, nothing more.

Just being honest.
Sometimes it's tough to admit your side has a flaw. BLM is doing several things wrong at the moment.

The Brees thing isn't their biggest issue right now, anyway. At this moment, it's the toxic & extremely hurtful canceling. 

We'll see if they eventually get off the kneeling bandwagon. No doubt there's many other better ways to unify. Eventually, they might come to that conclusion when they get more organized. Everyone in the NFL is pretty much on board with their cause now so maybe it'll happen.

Its nothing compared American hating Confederate (flag) lovers. 

Which has had 100 years (they started being used again in anti-equality rallies against blacks) to be fixed.  While BLM is a newborn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Football Jones said:
It's all over the news, my friend.

They told you how they think about it. They're trying to control the narrative around the flag/anthem. You must obey.

Let's see what happens when some white players come out & make the same statement Brees did, but not retract it. LOL.

Nobody is canceling BLM members or whatever you call them. Take your blinders off & get real with the situation.
That's probably the most convoluted way of saying "No, I haven't bothered to check my "sources," but I think it's real," that I've seen in some time. It's not about the flag. It was never about the flag, not even in 2016. It was, and still is, about ending the unfair treatment men and women of color face on a nearly daily basis, and the fact you seem to think otherwise means that you have your sources wrong.

Haha. That's kinda like the poster who wanted me to prove BLM was rioting. I was debating several libs & not a single one of them would admit it.

That's when the discussions ends.

BTW, yes...yes, we know. Yes, we know it's not about the flag. Yes. We know this. Not about the flag. Gotcha.

It's about Brees or anyone else who dares stand on their principals. Only BLM gets an unchecked voice. Haha.

On to another topic...

As long as BLM toes the line & behaves, I don't care what they do.

NASCAR is an odd fit, haha. This is going to be interesting.

I'm sure they were attracted by the Confederate aspect of NASCAR (to try to assert themselves).

They need to try to find more goodwill options, IMO. They're up to their old tricks of canceling, silencing Brees, & calling out black conservatives by banning the Confederate flag. Like many things they do, I don't believe that's a wise long-term decision. They need to work smarter, not harder. Stop trying to show how tough they are.
Watching folks continue to be on the wrong side of things.

BTW, yes...yes, we know. Yes, we know it's not about the flag. Yes. We know this. Not about the flag. Gotcha.

It's about Brees or anyone else who dares stand on their principals. Only BLM gets an unchecked voice. Haha.

On to another topic...
People are still getting flamed for choosing to kneel during the anthem. Houston Texans coach Bill O’Brien just announced that he will kneel with players and a bunch of people are losing their minds. Not just criticizing him and calling him names, but also calling for his firing and threatening to boycott the Texans/NFL. So despite your statements to the contrary, one side of this issue is not getting a free pass. At all. 

Here’s just a sampling of the type of venom that is being voiced about Bill O’Brien that I’ve seen on FB.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2533321336768992&id=100002734520053&anchor_composer=false

People are still getting flamed for choosing to kneel during the anthem. Houston Texans coach Bill O’Brien just announced that he will kneel with players and a bunch of people are losing their minds. Not just criticizing him and calling him names, but also calling for his firing and threatening to boycott the Texans/NFL. So despite your statements to the contrary, one side of this issue is not getting a free pass. At all. 

Here’s just a sampling of the type of venom that is being voiced about Bill O’Brien that I’ve seen on FB.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2533321336768992&id=100002734520053&anchor_composer=false
Brees had teammates bother him...Kaepernick had people boycotting the NFL and POTUS calling him an SOB.

Yes...acting like venom or only one side is allowed to voice an opinion is just flat out ridiculous.

This is really simple.

BLM & the like are trying to control the narrative. It's not acceptable & it never will be.

White players don't get to have a say. You want to take a guess on how many feel like Brees do about the flag/anthem? 

It's nonsense. We all get your message. Yes, we get it. We sure do. The vast majority of people support it your message (like I do). Now, keep on being stubborn about kneeling. Keep on stifling other opinions.

They're just beating their heads against the wall. All they're doing is alienating millions of Americans. Real fine strategy there. 

This is just a blip on the screen right now, though. I saw this morning where some ####### ran an over a cop (I guess on foot) & looks like he might be paralyzed. The idiot was bragging about it in text messages.

I'm beginning to lose my patience.

This is really simple.

BLM & the like are trying to control the narrative. It's not acceptable & it never will be.

White players don't get to have a say. You want to take a guess on how many feel like Brees do about the flag/anthem? 

It's nonsense. We all get your message. Yes, we get it. We sure do. The vast majority of people support it your message (like I do). Now, keep on being stubborn about kneeling. Keep on stifling other other opinions.

They're just beating heir heads against the wall. All they're doing is alienating millions of Americans. Real fine strategy there. 

This is just a blip on the screen right now, though. I saw this morning where some ###### ran over a cop (I guess on foot) & looks like he might be paralyzed. The idiot was bragging about it in text messages.

I'm beginning to lose my patience.
You can’t focus on these extreme situations where some dope does something awful and use it dismiss the vast majority of good coming out of the protests.

There are always outliers in stressful situations. Example: Link

If protestors use your line of thinking they will just dig in deeper when they see stuff like this happening.

You can’t focus on these extreme situations where some dope does something awful and use it dismiss the vast majority of good coming out of the protests.

There are always outliers in stressful situations. Example: Link

If protestors use your line of thinking they will just dig in deeper when they see stuff like this happening.
Yeah, but it's not isolated now. The number of LEO injured or killed is pretty staggering.

And that doesn't even take into account non-LEO hurt by riots & canceling.

People are only going to take getting punched in the mouth so long. I'm really disappointed.

Yeah, but it's not isolated now. The number of LEO injured or killed is pretty staggering.

And that doesn't even take into account non-LEO hurt by riots & canceling.

People are only going to take getting punched in the mouth so long. I'm really disappointed.
You sound exactly like a BLM protestor. Replace LEO with minority. 

You sound exactly like a BLM protestor. Replace LEO with minority. 
I'm not sure what you're getting at, dude.

It sounds like you're excusing it. In fact, that's exactly what you're doing.

BLM got revenge from George Floyd on day-1.

I couldn't be more disappointed. A lot of people are both disappointed & angry.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, dude.

It sounds like you're excusing it. In fact, that's exactly what you're doing.

BLM got revenge from George Floyd on day-1.

I couldn't be more disappointed. From people like me, who are trying to be calm, it's the same theme. I hear it over & over. Just flat out disappointment.
There were 60 thousand people silently matching the other day in Seattle, zero issues. There are millions of people protesting without issue across the country. You then post about an awful incident with a person running over a cop. 

You are up in arms because someone kneels at the anthem to bring light to the issue that people are being murdered by police. There are probably 500 people taking a piss and buying hot dogs at the same moment.

I don’t understand the issues people get upset about. Baffling to me.

There were 60 thousand people silently matching the other day in Seattle, zero issues. There are millions of people protesting without issue across the country. You then post about an awful incident with a person running over a cop. 

You are up in arms because someone kneels at the anthem to bring light to the issue that people are being murdered by police. There are probably 500 people taking a piss and buying hot dogs at the same moment.

I don’t understand the issues people get upset about. Baffling to me.
An awful incident. Haha.

I think you need to look around the country, my man.

Check out what's going on with all the violence & canceling.

No offense, but I'm sick of it. Going to try to concentrate on other things right now if I can.

Tulsa trip coming up & there's at least some concern outsiders will bring trouble here.

Later...

An awful incident. Haha.

I think you need to look around the country, my man.

Check out what's going on with all the violence & canceling.

No offense, but I'm sick of it. Going to try to concentrate on other things right now if I can.

Tulsa trip coming up & there's at least some slight concern outsiders will bring trouble here.

Later...
Yeah and there are still incidents of police doing awful stuff. This is with people watching and recording in today’s environment. That’s insane.

What do you think those dudes were doing last month with way less eyes on them?

Ray Ciccarelli was in Saturday nights Truck series race after a week where he made plenty of news for saying he would quit NASCAR in support of the confederate flag.

:clyde:   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ray Ciccarelli was in Saturday nights Truck series race after a week where he made plenty of news for saying he would quit NASCAR in support of the confederate flag.

:clyde:   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Not my joke but if you take his name and the first two letters of is last....

NASCAR got the Confederate Flag stuff 100% right...

NASCAR investigation underway after noose found hanging in Bubba Wallace's garage stall at Talladega.  The noose was found before the race was set to begin at 3 p.m. ET. 59 mins ago

Just seeing the reaction of the sport today. Very cool and great work by everyone involved today.

I’m still never watching but that was nicely done by all involved.

Bubba Wallace had moved up to 3rd with seven laps to go...

A little bit later his #43 car was at its limit. It would run low and eventually out of gas during the final caution so that he would not be able to make it back to the pits nor finish on the lead lap.  His friend in the #32 Corie LaJoie said "not on my watch" and pushed him down the third turn and into the Pits.

https://twitter.com/CoreyLaJoie/status/1275267020586651648

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbKol5nXkAUwpKr.jpg:large

Bubba finished 14th and Corey 16th.  :hifive:

The problem is anybody who side-drafts him too aggressively and wrecks him now will be accused of racism.  

He is a good driver--not a great driver so Nascar is setting themselves up for problems here. 
This wouldn’t have crossed my mind. Aren’t these guys racing for millions of dollars? It’s not like some redneck fan is out there racing the 20 car.
The drivers aren't close to a reflection of the fans.  They are from two completely different worlds.  I grew up in this culture and have lived in both the Nascar "meccas" (Charlotte and Daytona) for years.  It's not the drivers he has to be worried about and if someone goes :hophead:  about wrecking him because of BLM, well, they are part of the problem.  
NASCAR killing it with their reaction and my facebook feed is littered with people coming to the realization that the above is true.  Many claim to be jumping ship on the sport.  They'll be back next week, Budweisers in hand.

"Frankly I wish they would've tied [the noose] to [Wallace] and drug him around the pits because he has single handedly destroyed what I grew up watching and cared about for 30 years now."  - Dustin Skinner

Got news for ya, if taking away the Confederate flag destroys what you care about, maybe it wasn't the racing you cared about.

It's an interesting characteristic in some conservative arguments that certain forms of progress will "destroy what we love about xxx because....." but they never get around to explaining what they mean, as if it's such an obvious point that they don't have to. Banning the confederate flag will destroy NASCAR, gay marriage will destroy traditional marriage, letting college athletes make money will destroy college sports, etc., etc.

I want to know "how?" And there's never an answer. If our conservative (current, modern day Trump conservatives) friends want to point out examples of how we libbies do this as well, I'm ready to listen.

The FBI says the noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall at Talladega Superspeeway last weekend had been there since at least Oct. 2019. NASCAR said the noose was a "garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose." FBI says no hate crime has been committed.

The FBI says the noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall at Talladega Superspeeway last weekend had been there since at least Oct. 2019. NASCAR said the noose was a "garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose." FBI says no hate crime has been committed.
The story smelled from the jump. 

But who put him in that particular garage? Really just a coincidence that the garage he gets is the one with a garage pull that looks like a noose?

The story smelled from the jump. 
Smelled?  Was there or was there not a rope tied like a noose?  That wasn't like some made up thing.  The question is of someone did it intentionally.  Apparently its been there a while (still no great explanation why) or why he happened to just get that garage.

But who put him in that particular garage? Really just a coincidence that the garage he gets is the one with a garage pull that looks like a noose?
All the pulls in all the garages are like that.  There is no BLM conspiracy here.  A bunch of morons were trying to make a national story, now there is egg on a lot of faces.

All the pulls in all the garages are like that.  There is no BLM conspiracy here.  A bunch of morons were trying to make a national story, now there is egg on a lot of faces.
That fbi statement didn't say that.

https://fox17.com/news/nation-world/no-charges-in-nascar-noose-incident-involving-black-driver-06-23-2020-213528619

U.S. Attorney Jay Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. said its investigation determined "although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week."

look at the pics of the garage on twitter, all of the pulls are like that.  this isnt some conspiracy, just a dudley dooright trying to manufacture a story....and he did.  there is no racism at play here.  This type of stuff doesnt help
Which pictures?  Have a link?  Are they of every garage?  The link I provided does not indicate so.

Which still does not answer why even have them like that in the first place.

Which pictures?  Have a link?  Are they of every garage?  The link I provided does not indicate so.

Which still does not answer why even have them like that in the first place.
So what are you arguing about?  Are you still trying to make this a racism issue?

Users who are viewing this thread