What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NASCAR will have BLM car in next race (1 Viewer)

The only problem with this...is I did not such thing IK.  I did not push any conspiracy theory whatsoever...and a ton of the posts were about people claiming it was not a noose...and people claiming it was in all of the garages or many garages.  

Sure...I will let it go...but lets get straight what happened rather than making baseless claims that I was pushing (much less double, triple, or quadrupling down) on any conspiracy theory.

I would agree...others, not so much.
Almost made it two hours.  Almost.  

Phelps said NASCAR conducted a thorough sweep of every garage area in all 29 tracks at which it races, a total of 1,684 garage stalls.

"We found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied in a knot, and only one noose -- the one discovered on Sunday in Bubba Wallace's garage," Phelps said.

Phelps said NASCAR determined that the noose wasn't in the garage prior to the October 2019 race weekend, but it was unable to determine "with any certainty who tied this rope in this manner, or why it was done.

"... Our ultimate conclusion for this investigation is to ensure that this never happens again -- that no one walks by a noose without recognizing the potential damage it can do," Phelps said.

Phelps said NASCAR conducted a thorough sweep of every garage area in all 29 tracks at which it races, a total of 1,684 garage stalls.

"We found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied in a knot, and only one noose -- the one discovered on Sunday in Bubba Wallace's garage," Phelps said.

Phelps said NASCAR determined that the noose wasn't in the garage prior to the October 2019 race weekend, but it was unable to determine "with any certainty who tied this rope in this manner, or why it was done.

"... Our ultimate conclusion for this investigation is to ensure that this never happens again -- that no one walks by a noose without recognizing the potential damage it can do," Phelps said.
Do we know the name of the position who maintains or sets these things?  Is it the track?  Is it each individual team?  Who is responsible for the rope?  Is it NASCAR?  is it the track operator?  Is there any difference between NASCAR and the track operator?

I guess I'm looking for something like a club house attendant in baseball... does NASCAR have that position?

Do we know the name of the position who maintains or sets these things?  Is it the track?  Is it each individual team?  Who is responsible for the rope?  Is it NASCAR?  is it the track operator?  Is there any difference between NASCAR and the track operator?

I guess I'm looking for something like a club house attendant in baseball... does NASCAR have that position?
I will just say it's complicated

There are track owners that "rent" the track to Nascar.  How the inner workings of how all that goes down I'm not sure but, NASCAR will over see any Nascar operations , (i.e. garage assignments etc).  Some tracks are owned by nascar

I will just say it's complicated

There are track owners that "rent" the track to Nascar.  How the inner workings of how all that goes down I'm not sure but, NASCAR will over see any Nascar operations , (i.e. garage assignments etc).  Some tracks are owned by nascar
I only ask because, regarding the survey... either at Talladega or other tracks, these weren't frozen crime scenes. If I'm some schulb who's gonna get in trouble for "nooses", there may be a human nature factor untie these knots or cut them off the rope at Talladega.  With regard to other tracks, if I'm self reporting... am I doing to report the "noose" at my track or just .... fix it and say no noose.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most us are laymen when it comes to knots... that to me, I would considered fashioned as a noose, so I get why someone on Bubba's team would alert Nascar, especially when there are no other garage door pulls fashioned in such a way.

HOWEVER... I have seen video and pictures of Nascar events in 2017 and 2018, with garage door pulls fashioned exactly like the one found in Bubba's stall. So, me being not a Nascar official or a team member on a driver's team, how prevalent are ropes tied like this at other Nascar events? Would it be considered something out of the ordinary? This is what I am wondering at this opint.

I missed this. That is pretty telling.

I think most us are laymen when it comes to knots... that to me, I would considered fashioned as a noose, so I get why someone on Bubba's team would alert Nascar, especially when there are no other garage door pulls fashioned in such a way.

HOWEVER... I have seen video and pictures of Nascar events in 2017 and 2018, with garage door pulls fashioned exactly like the one found in Bubba's stall. So, me being not a Nascar official or a team member on a driver's team, how prevalent are ropes tied like this at other Nascar events? Would it be considered something out of the ordinary? This is what I am wondering at this opint.
I tie a lot of knots. I don't know of one where the tag end finishes at the top like that, but the Kreh someone linked a minute ago is one I tie for fishing all the time, and I would tie it in a rope if I didn't want a loop to close. There are so many knots, it's hard to know for sure, but lots of knots finish in coils, and they're often layered like that. Doesn't make it a noose, but that pic I shared in the tweet certainly looks like one. The thing which would make it a noose or not is whether it slips. If it doesn't slip, it's not a noose. I'm guessing it doesn't slip, and that's why the FBI would say "fashioned like a noose" over "it was a noose."

Is there any difference between NASCAR and the track operator?
Almost always at any track.  And you want them separated for legal purposes.

***actually Im seeing that this changed with nascar late last year and they had more direct control of some tracks.

I tie a lot of knots. I don't know of one where the tag end finishes at the top like that, but the Kreh someone linked a minute ago is one I tie for fishing all the time, and I would tie it in a rope if I didn't want a loop to close. There are so many knots, it's hard to know for sure, but lots of knots finish in coils, and they're often layered like that. Doesn't make it a noose, but that pic I shared in the tweet certainly looks like one. The thing which would make it a noose or not is whether it slips. If it doesn't slip, it's not a noose. I'm guessing it doesn't slip, and that's why the FBI would say "fashioned like a noose" over "it was a noose."
my co-worker said the same thing. He does a lot of hunting, 'adventure' races, all that outdoorsey stuff, and he says to secure his gear he ties a lot of knots that look similar to a noose, but technically it is not because it doesn't slip it all.

Saw the photo, and heard the explanation of how it was apparently there since October. It now looks like a collection of unfortunate coincidences that happened, and not a hate crime, but whoever did tie it would have been better off leaving the rope alone.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Has

@BubbaWallace

apologized to all of those great NASCAR drivers & officials who came to his aid, stood by his side, & were willing to sacrifice everything for him, only to find out that the whole thing was just another HOAX? That & Flag decision has caused lowest ratings EVER!

6:33 AM · Jul 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Has

@BubbaWallace

apologized to all of those great NASCAR drivers & officials who came to his aid, stood by his side, & were willing to sacrifice everything for him, only to find out that the whole thing was just another HOAX? That & Flag decision has caused lowest ratings EVER!

Wait...he should apologize, for his crew member finding what obviously was very much like a noose, the only one in those garages, and for his crew informing NASCAR, and NASCAR bringing in the FBI as well as investigating all of their garages?  Interesting.

Also...there was a Trump car yesterday...it wrecked early in the race...on pit row.

https://popculture.com/sports/news/brickyard-400-nascar-trump-2020-car-fans-livid-shocking-pit-row-crash/#6

Wait...he should apologize, for his crew member finding what obviously was very much like a noose, the only one in those garages, and for his crew informing NASCAR, and NASCAR bringing in the FBI as well as investigating all of their garages?  Interesting.

Also...there was a Trump car yesterday...it wrecked early in the race...on pit row.

https://popculture.com/sports/news/brickyard-400-nascar-trump-2020-car-fans-livid-shocking-pit-row-crash/#6
Still running with the fake noose angle I see.  :coffee:

Well yeah exactly, people get annoyed when the President tries blaming someone for a ‘hoax’ when they don’t deserve the blame. And the President knows this yet continues to do everything he can to even further the divide. It’s disgraceful behavior from a person who should be trying to unite us.
Some people will support anything as long as it makes liberals angry.

What do we mean by "triggered" here?  Are we talking about piling on pointing at all the stupid #### he says?  I'd say yeah...this is another of those things, but has becoming completely boring at this point. :coffee:  

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Has

@BubbaWallace

Trump has dumped on FOX and NASCAR recently - what's next?  Monster truck rallies?  Jorts convention? 

Stop doing this.
Stop doing what?  Pointing out the left approaches story after story with the assumption that the white person is racist and the minority is an innocent victim when in many many cases once the facts are actually known turn out to be completely wrong.  Obviously in the Jussie Smollett case they were duped by a complete lie.  In this case, it was unfortunate circumstances which lead to false conclusions.  The left deserves criticisms for continual over-hyping and gross mis-characterization of these stories.  Besides the high-profile cases like Michael Brown or Trevon Martin, there are dozens of examples of false narratives or phony hate-crimes which the media jumps on.  Even to this day, the "hands up, don't shoot" lie is a rally cry at these protests.  Many people still believe Martin was hunted and gunned down by Zimmerman, despite the evidence and a diverse jury of his peers finding it was an unfortunate but legally-justifiable use of self-defense.  It is these false narratives which not only generate ratings for these mainstream news organizations and fuel donations to Democratic candidates, but also contribute to the divisiveness in this country as evident by the protests, riots, looting and even some killings which has been going on for the last month. 

There is a huge difference between projecting an evil act of an individual onto an entire group, and actually discussing the mainstream beliefs and actions of that group.  I am critical of the core beliefs of the left that there is widespread systematic racism.  What I see is a few cases which we are all appalled by, and many cases which we are mislead or even lied to about.  What I see is a country of some 330,000,000 people and a handful of truly appalling cases.  And my point was simple, in today's world where most everything is potentially videotaped, why is it that so many of the examples turn out to be false narratives of what actually happened.  If it is bannable to point out facts, then ban me. 

Still running with the fake noose angle I see.  :coffee:
The FBI called it a noose or noose like whatever that means.

The picture they posted unless you are some rope tying nerd looked exactly like a noose. 

The garage guy reported it, they investigated it. They discovered that it had been there for awhile and it was an unfortunate coincidence.

Wallace said he was very glad that’s all it was and was embarrassed by all this and we should move on.

Trump injects himself into it weeks later because he needs to rile up his hardcore base.

This dude who drives left in circles for hours for a living handled this much better than the guy who leads our nation.

It’s honestly sad, pathetic, and unfortunately so, so predictable. 

Many would agree with that.  Of course, this is a significantly different statement from your original:

I would say the same thing about Trump and his followers and Fox News in an immigration thread.  But this is about BLM.  Everyone is on the same page with providing victims of police brutality justice.  Nobody supports bad police officers who abuse their power.  The demonization of police which calls to defund the police is probably the most misguided and perhaps the ugliest use of propaganda in recent times.  If you could wave a wand and eliminate police brutality and racial profiling tomorrow, it would not make a dent in the problems which inner-city largely black communities face.  There is a lot both sides agree upon, but the laser focus on demonizing the police and pretending that much bigger problems do not exist is mind-boggling.  Inner city mothers who are more afraid of the police than they are of gangs and gang violence is pretty remarkable.  I see these identity politics leading us towards a race war. 

I would say the same thing about Trump and his followers and Fox News in an immigration thread.  But this is about BLM.  Everyone is on the same page with providing victims of police brutality justice.  Nobody supports bad police officers who abuse their power.  The demonization of police which calls to defund the police is probably the most misguided and perhaps the ugliest use of propaganda in recent times.  If you could wave a wand and eliminate police brutality and racial profiling tomorrow, it would not make a dent in the problems which inner-city largely black communities face.  There is a lot both sides agree upon, but the laser focus on demonizing the police and pretending that much bigger problems do not exist is mind-boggling.  Inner city mothers who are more afraid of the police than they are of gangs and gang violence is pretty remarkable.  I see these identity politics leading us towards a race war. 
Also good points here, significantly different than what you originally posted singling out "the left".  To the bold, I agree 1000%  The system that's been in place since the inception of this country has to change for the problems inner-cities to change.

Also good points here, significantly different than what you originally posted singling out "the left".  To the bold, I agree 1000%  The system that's been in place since the inception of this country has to change for the problems inner-cities to change.
That last part is what a lot of this is about and what people are talking about when they say systemic racism or system bias.   Unfortunately that part gets overlooked while people focus on the few cases.  Not saying that is what you did, but I see a lot from the right saying that they need to fix those communities, but at the same time seem to be saying there isn't now, and hasn't been for many years, a system that caused those communities.  

That last part is what a lot of this is about and what people are talking about when they say systemic racism or system bias.   Unfortunately that part gets overlooked while people focus on the few cases.  Not saying that is what you did, but I see a lot from the right saying that they need to fix those communities, but at the same time seem to be saying there isn't not, and hasn't been for many years a system that caused those communities.  
Agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread