What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (1 Viewer)

PA has been at 80% for awhile.   Should we be anticipating a big dump?   
I was just reading somewhere.... loosing track.... that Pittsburgh just dumped about 7,000 votes from somewhere that were 80% dem and that those small groupings are going to come in continuously for awhile, so I don't know when several thousand changes a full percentage point there.

Late earlies in AZ have trended towards Dems in the past. That’s why you saw McSally leading Sinema after Election Day in 2018 but then her lead disappeared over time. Obviously dynamics have changed and the pandemic may have caused R’s who normally vote “in person” to request a mail in ballot and drop it off, but I have no idea. Dems tend to drop off their mail-ins late, though, and the pandemic wouldn’t change the behavior much if at all.
Thanks for your insight, Friend of McB.  Please throw anything this way as AZ has me with the squirts.  (As well as Georgia)

ETA:  Gun to head, how confident you feel? 50%? 60%? 70%?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been to richland county a lot and like to fish over there the total population is about 17000 people so even if none had been counted and they all voted for trump it would not change the outcome of the election also they have a frank lloyd wright building in richland center that they dont really take all that great care of and its pretty sad but they do have two quick trips take that to the bank bromigos 
Awesome update from Richland County:

Molly Beck

@MollyBeck

Richland County Clerk Victor Vlasak tells me the Willow clerk went home sick from the polls yesterday and he can't find her or anyone there to bring in ballots from the polling location in the township. "I don’t know what we’re going to do … we need those numbers," he said.

Vlasak, who has been clerk since 1988, said this is the first time he hasn't received a call from all polling locations with voting totals. He said everyone is due to bring election materials to his office by 4:30 p.m. today.

He also said he and his office haven't slept since Monday night.

I have driven through Richland Center many times to go camping and fishing on the Kickapoo river near Gays Mills, but I think that is the next county over.  We always crank the music up when driving through Bosstown.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Seems ironic that Trump is assuming the outstanding mail in votes will match the rate of in person voting he got in that district, when he basically begged is supporters to vote in person and not through the mail.  
My guess on personal experience is that he’s closer to right than wrong. I know that there a lot of Trump voters, especially seniors, who want to vote in person but also don’t want the COVID risk of standing in line. So dropping off in person on the day would make sense. I just don’t think they’re accounting for the people not trusting USPS and I will look more like mail in splits.

Twitter full of fake story about AZ election officials handing out sharpies to Trump voters claiming that the machines can only read ball point.   Secretary of State had to make a statement that sharpies work just fine.   

Sounds like they're really confident about that "he'll get 65% of the remaining 14% of the vote even though he got 46% of the first 86% of the vote."

A quick review of my facebook newsfeed shows that there is some sharpie conspiracy theory being posted about from my Trump-loving friends in AZ. Theory seems to be that the polls conspired to hand out sharpies to likely Trump voters. 

My understanding is that sharpies work just as well.

Twitter full of fake story about AZ election officials handing out sharpies to Trump voters claiming that the machines can only read ball point.   Secretary of State had to make a statement that sharpies work just fine.   

Sounds like they're really confident about that "he'll get 65% of the remaining 14% of the vote even though he got 46% of the first 86% of the vote."
Yep. I just posted that this is also very prominent on my facebook newsfeed. 

The outstanding votes are mail in votes that were dropped off on Election Day. The Trump campaign is projecting based those votes going to Trump at the same clip as the in person voting (60% Trump). If that’s true, he has a chance. But if it trends more like mail-in voting, Biden will widen his lead. Most likely outcome is a combination of the two. My guess is that it leans towards in-person trends, brings Trump closer but not enough to win - maybe 55% Trump when he needs 60% to win.
that's not true.  trump wasn't 60% in person in all of these counties - the two biggest counties were +6 and +22 for Biden.

Yep. I just posted that this is also very prominent on my facebook newsfeed. 
Really one of the lamest attempts at a voter suppression conspiracy I've seen.   "They gave me the wrong pen!"   

How would they know which people to give the sharpies to?

I have genuinely never heard of those terms. We have law and procedures so there is no warfare.
OAN is always off the rails. I heard them earlier this AM saying, “will we see a peaceful legal election or will the radical left steal it?” They are basically framing to their viewers if GOP loses it is due to cheating. They shouldn’t be allowed to call themselves a news network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really one of the lamest attempts at a voter suppression conspiracy I've seen.   "They gave me the wrong pen!"   

Help!  I'm being repressed!

(I just realized I totally bombed on my 'quote movies' all night plan)

Eh, given how red certain counties are I could see a mass sharpie distribution in those areas. 

Of course, the people running the polls in those areas are likely from those areas....

It's Nevada.  They're trying to influence the line.  
Also I don’t know how other States work but in Michigan at least, there are legally required to be an equal number of reps from each party at every poll location to ensure there isn’t any chicanery. 

Eh, given how red certain counties are I could see a mass sharpie distribution in those areas. 

Of course, the people running the polls in those areas are likely from those areas....
Sharpies.  We're down to fricken sharpies.  Didn't we already do that with a hurricane map in the Oval?

• Sad
Reactions: JAA

Forgot Trump loves sharpies.  You probably just need to hold up a sharpie and a bic and let them sabotage themselves.   

Users who are viewing this thread